[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't it creepy how all the classic childhood games are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 1456999158886.jpg (21KB, 325x374px) Image search: [Google]
1456999158886.jpg
21KB, 325x374px
Isn't it creepy how all the classic childhood games are basically survival training?

1. hide and seek
>teaches you how to hide from someone
>or how to find someone

2. tag
>teaches you how to escape and evade
>or how to catch someone

3. capture the flag
>teaches you how to steal something important
>or prevent something important from being stolen

4. flashlight tag
>teaches you how to destroy enemy submarines
>>
>>17511745
It's not about "survival training", it's about being competitive. This thread is stupid and you should feel stupid.
>>
Creepy? It's only natural. Children are animals or at best little savages. They only understand the simplest rules of life.
>>
5. weiner fights
>ummm
>>
>>17511752
It teaches how to be OP
>>
>>17511745
But then wouldn't they all balance themselves out?

If every kid played hide and seek they'd be good hiders and seekers, so that entire generation would be as well off as if they never trained in the first place.
>>
>>17511757
so what you're saying is that soldiers needn't go through boot camps before going to war, because if both sides of the conflict receive training, they will just balance themselves out?
>>
>>17511745
Pretty much every animal species big enough to have fur or hair has childhood games that are actually survival training. It's totally natural and only creepy if you don't like the idea that humans are a species of animal.
>>
File: 1390596397826.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1390596397826.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>17511752
>>17511753
>>
>>17511757
you are basically right, but:
>>17511758

plus: it's not only competition against each other, but also against other species. we are basically also training to run away from mountain lions, because evolution.
>>
>>17511750
Competition is a natural process that weeds out the weak. This thread is survival and you should feel survival.
>>
>>17511745
>4. flashlight tag
>>teaches you how to destroy enemy submarines

Wat
>>
>>17511772
Thank you, thank you, thank you, you're too kind!
>>
>>17511745
Think of it evolutionary terms at it makes total sense:

These games teach children how to survive in the wild because these skills were extremely important when we decided to
>>
>>17511814
decided to climb out of the trees.

Predator cubs often wrestle around with each other as play to prepare them for wrestling prey to the ground.

Nothing even remotely paranormal here, just normal old nature.
>>
File: forReal.png (87KB, 611x614px) Image search: [Google]
forReal.png
87KB, 611x614px
>pivotal moment in OP's life: playing tag
>>
>>17511824
Well, playing tag is great. I mean, I'm 24 and still play it with friends. Sure, only when drunk, and on concrete full of broken glass, but still
>>
>>17511745
Most "games" from animals (human included) revolve around the idea of domination. One is chasing/hunting the other. Funny how what we find entertaining also revolves around that. Video games are often about killing things or human beings, same for movies, and in clear it seems that peace plainly isn't fun.

Glad you brought that up OP. It aint paranormal but it's interesting.
>>
>>17511814
>evolutionary terms
>he still thinks that "ooga me stronger than you" can benefit mankind
Wake up gramps, we need to ascend ablve basic survival pulsions.
>>
>>17512052
Yes, we need to get to the point where we check our posts for errors before posting. Like you did.
>>
Shit i wanna play capture the flag now.
>>
>>17511745
I was thinking about this the other day. Video games are another example. Predator and Prey. The one true game.
>>
>>17512052
I'm not saying that. OP stated he found it "creepy" how these children's games are seemingly based on surviving, and I explained why. I'm not saying it's still useful, but that's why these games exist.
>>
>>17511757
Jews were bad at hide and seek.
>>
you fucking people see conspiracies everywhere.
>>
>>17511745
not trying to bash you OP, but this post doesn't deserve to be here, everyone could figure out why the existance of such simple child games, this post deserve to be deleted/archived.
also why is creepy or paranormal?
if u have legs you run, if you have arms, lift, if you have a brain think...
>>
5. Nigger Hunting
>teaches you how to find and wrongfully capture African Americans
>Or how to run away as a misunderstood person who always has to be on the lookout for others
>>
>>17512816
nuh uh
>>
>>17511745
>teaches you how to steal something important
I think capture the flag teaches you about strategy, distraction, and teamwork more than just simply stealing.
>>
>>17511745
The behavior of "play" which most mammals partake in, is indeed exactly that: survival training.
>>
>>17511745
That's it.

I don't even know where the fuck to begin... Why do people like you find dead bodies something to joke about? You think because you get to sit in your warm homes on a computer that you can just joke about horrible things like this? What the actual fuck is wrong with you guys? This is very fucked up, yet crazy assfucks like you are posting dead things like it's nothing. Sick fucks, doing this shit does fucking nothing. So you want to come on an imageboard to be an asshole about things like this? Let me tell you guys, you are all fucking weak. You would never be useful to the world with such behavior you present. Honestly why do people like you guys even exist? I bet you don't even know about half of what people have gone through from then till now when they have someone they've known die. You are all such disgusting bullies. Isn't it bad enough that people go through hardships of their loved ones? Seriously what do you guys really find funny about this? Stupid fuckers I'm so angry right now that I wish I can fucking punch my computer screen so that my fist can get a good hit on that asshole face of yours, OP. Sick fucks. Seriously, just fucking grow up and actually act properly about death. Stupid fuck, keep eating those cheetoes that you stain on your shirts every day.
>>
The real question is, 'what games do ayy lmaos play?'
>>
>>17512052
Knowing how to hide has saved me from a surprising variety of assholes and perverts, so I'm quite glad I didn't consider that ability obsolete.
>>
>>17514464
Probe the cow?
>>
>>17514494
why would you want to be saved from perverts?
>>
I really wanna play hide and seek now aw mang.
Plus i am on the smaller side (5"3,small/medium frame,small breast,..) so i would be so good at hiding into small spaces
>tfw still small enough to hide in that bottom sock drawer or in my grandfather's big suitcase in the attic
I am 19yo but i will never really grow i guess
>>
>>17515394
Ay wanna play hide and seek with me?
>>
Annyone remember the timeline we were In ww1 and 2
>>
>>17512046
So the sensation of "fun" is actually just our instincts encouraging us to practice?
>>
>>17514413
You seem to have posted in the wrong thread.
>>
>>17511824
playing tag was a fucking awesome game as a kid what a shit childhood you must have had
>>
>>17515394
Playing hide and seek as an adult against kids is great
>kid starts counting
>hop in car
>drive a mile away
>hide in strip club
I never lose
>>
>>17519449
Yes.
Play-fighting games are also a bonding mechanism, each participant trusts the other not to *actually* hurt them.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.