[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /x/ are there any spiritual practices that can help me understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1435641345583.jpg (18KB, 330x377px) Image search: [Google]
1435641345583.jpg
18KB, 330x377px
hey /x/ are there any spiritual practices that can help me understand my consciousness better? i already meditate, but i haven't been able to experience much other than relaxation with it
>>
>>17511081
How long do you meditate for? look up reiki, its an acutal science and has been proven time and time again.
>>
>>17511101
>how long do you meditate for?
usually i'm only able to go for 10-20 minutes, although on certain occasions i can go for 30.

i haven't heard of reiki but after a cursory google search it looks like it could be what i'm looking for. have you tried it?
>>
>>17511124
i practice, i try to every day, my dog has lived well past what she would have without it. i'm a novice though, im reading on what i can do to help my spirit grow. although you need other practitioners to truly grow. its a wonderful thing. also you should try yoga while meditationg, or to set a timer and wait for it to end. but if you begin to tense because you want the timer to go off, whatever you do trust your feelings, your sense of the universe.
>>
File: 1417810111245.jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1417810111245.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
>>17511151
cool thanks for the info mate. i'll look further into reiki, and although i do a little yoga already, i could definitely put some time into getting better.
>>
File: 1458592737563.jpg (5KB, 200x236px) Image search: [Google]
1458592737563.jpg
5KB, 200x236px
>>17511195
find the light and achieve elightenment
>>
>>17511081
Search up dark retreat
>>
>>17511195
Try out some new stuff.
Have you ever done anything from the Chinese system?
If not I'd recommend trying it, it's only slightly different, but it also has some nice effects.

If you want to try it out, you should look up zhan zhuang and maybe instead of yoga try daoist yoga which gives a bit less stress on your body.
>>
>>17511330
>daoist yoga
this sounds fantastic. i love the tao te ching and i feel like my personal philosophy is pretty evenly aligned with daoism. i will make sure to give this a shot. do you know of any sources that are the best for that? or should i just try google?

>>17511322
>The time period dedicated to dark retreat varies from a few hours to decades
holy shit. however, from what i've read, it says that these practices are only meant for extremely experienced spiritual practitioners which i am definitely not. still might be a crazy experience if i tried it
>>
>>17511124
Could you recommand reiki material for beginners? Like video tutorials, documentaries, or book?
>>
>>17511081
Dianetics
>>
>>17511101
>look up reiki, its an acutal science and has been proven time and time again.
Literally the second paragraph of the Wikipedia entry states that it's a pseudoscience.
>>
File: pranayama.jpg (257KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
pranayama.jpg
257KB, 1920x1090px
Start doing pranayama before your meditation sessions. Start with simple nadi shodhana, which is alternating the breath between each nostril.

www.yogananda-srf.org/Self-Realization_Magazine/Pranayama__Bridge_to_Divine_Consciousness.aspx
>>
>>17512998
damn those wikipediacs
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.