[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think of John Titor? Elaborate ruse or actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: titor.jpg (163KB, 542x600px) Image search: [Google]
titor.jpg
163KB, 542x600px
What does /x/ think of John Titor?
Elaborate ruse or actual time traveler?
How did he know that the 5100 could debug mainframes?
Was he just an IBM employee that wanted to get the word out? Why go through all the trouble of making such an elaborate story then?
Also this has to be the most unnerving website I've seen
>http://www.johntitorfoundation.com/
>>
It is strange that they would pay for that site for all those years just for those corroborates.
>>
coordinates*.
>>
Is anything on that site clickable or is my browser fucked up?
>>
>>17510465
if you take causality into account, and he really is a time traveler, the stable loop he created means that he'd already payed for the site before he travelled to the year 2000.

The site would still exist at some point between 2000 and his time because he set it up when he travelled back to this point, meaning that when he travels back to his time after warning us, the site is still up. we know this because it's been well over a year since the site was put up and the license is still valid. he probably payed in advance on a trusted server in order to inform his future self to go back and create the site and travel back ad infinitum
>>
>>17510506
I have done more research and apparently according to Titor causality is moot as all paradoxes are disproved by the multiple worlds theory in his version of time travel. I could create a digaram for anyone interested?
>>
>>17510645
Thats exactly it. He could only go back in time to a universe with a timeline in which he did exist. He couldnt travel back to his own universe's timeline because the whole universe had already happened without him being there. When he time travels, he ends up in a parallel universe that might end up being extremely different in the future than what it was like in his world.

I dont believe Titor was real... But i love the story. Its great, logically.
>>
>>17510679
>Thats exactly it. He could only go back in time to a universe with a timeline in which he did exist. He couldnt travel back to his own universe's timeline because the whole universe had already happened without him being there. When he time travels, he ends up in a parallel universe that might end up being extremely different in the future than what it was like in his world.
i don't get it

>I could create a digaram for anyone interested?
yes, please do
>>
File: titor.png (40KB, 1065x1220px) Image search: [Google]
titor.png
40KB, 1065x1220px
>>17510679
>>17510697
I hope I have done it some justice.

I also do not know how big it will appear on 4chan, it might need to go in a new tab for good reading
>>
A not-very-elaborate ruse. He said a bunch of bullshit and then made sure to have an excuse for when shit inevitably didn't come true with the whole "well it's possible that it might not happen in YOUR timeline" stuff.
>>
>>17510893
good stuff. I think you missed out in pointing out how titor managed to complete his work despite splitting into a new timeline with each jump resulting in the existence we're living, but that it can easily be assumed.
>>
bullshit.
but entertaining bullshit.
>>
>>17510210
Titor was real.
>>
>>17510697
He splitted the first timeline in two.
When he traveled back he was in a time line where he didn't traveled yet, so he travels to the past, warns everyone and goes back to another timeline, the one where he had been in the past already.
>>
>>17511902
Yeah. in regards to that you could assume it was just really lucky, or we just so happen to live in the timeline in which he succeeded, they're both one in the same considering the amount of quantum states that exist sorrounding just this.
>>
>>17510645
>I have done more research and apparently according to Titor causality is moot as all paradoxes are disproved by the multiple worlds theory in his version of time travel.

This is correct.
>>
>>17510210

if you believe in Titor you may be mentally retarded
>>
>>17512319

TITOR OR GTFO
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.