[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think of tulpas? Are they real? If so, are they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (525KB, 666x514px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
525KB, 666x514px
What does /x/ think of tulpas?
Are they real? If so, are they psychogically driven, or is something higher at play? After going through a decent amount of reading about them in places like tulpa.info, I'm beginning to believe they're nothing more than imaginary friends.
>>
>>17504419
i have an adam lanza tulpa. he doesn't say much yet.
>>
The fuck is a tulpa
>>
>>17504419
Not exactly imaginary friends but they are psychological constructs you create which over time shape your reality for better or worse
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 255x198px
45 The good man out of the good [d]treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from [e]that which fills his heart.
>>
>>17504455
What is a tulpa
>>
File: adam lanza large.jpg (2KB, 142x80px) Image search: [Google]
adam lanza large.jpg
2KB, 142x80px
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 498x468px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 498x468px
>>17504469
http://wiki.tulpa.info/Official/WhatIsATulpa?
>>
>>17504520
You don't actually believe in that do you?
>>
a tulpa is just like anything else that gets posted about at least once a week on 4chan: bullshit
>>
any warning someone can give me if i wanna create one?
>>
I've seen the process for creating one described and part of me wants to try it. But 90% of me believes that tulpas are utter bullshit and so I don't want to take the time to try to make one and figure this out. But I DO want there to be psychological and neurological studies on people who claim to have tulpas and have made them with their own free will. Is this a thing? Because I've never seen any formal studies of the sort.
>>
>>17504573

>I've never seen any formal studies of the sort.

I've never seen anybody with that kind of money to waste
>>
>>17504550
Not to the degree it's described but I do believe that certain thought forms can be created which will benefit or impede your mental health
>>
File: youmu.png (436KB, 799x831px) Image search: [Google]
youmu.png
436KB, 799x831px
>implying tulpas aren't real

Get out of /jp/.
>>
>>17504581
If Bill Gates can spend money on charity he can fund bullshit that nobody else wants to.
>>
>>17504419
I wouldn't call what I have a tulpa, but I have had him as long as I can remember.
>his name is Damien
>he's usually quite/not around, he has his own mind and does what he likes
>he always comes when I need him or when I just want to chat
>he's incredibly kind, he's blunt with me on allot of problems I have.
>he doesn't have a set form, he usually has the appearance of a man in his late twentys, average build and height.
>he has never been angry with me, never gave me any wierd vibes
>I consider him my best friend, he knows more about me than anyone
>I can feel it when he touches me, he let's me knows he's around by patting me on the back.

So what is he?? I don't remeber ever creating him, he's just always been there.
>>
>>17504562
Dont.
>>
>>17504644

charity doesn't make bill gates look like a foilhat desu
>>
>>17504685
Mental illness.
>>
Can a tulpa be made accidentally?
>>
>>17504748
I have at least three after bingeing on robotussin for 2 years
>>
>>17504742
Or a ghost
>>
>>17504748
According to the website, it is common (not so common)
>>
>>17504786
Never thought about the ghost aspect..I always assumed I was just fuckin metal like >>17504742 says
>>
>>17504824
Mental* but I'm pretty fuckin metal.
>>
>>17504824
>Hmmm maybe my mental healths gone bad
>Nah its probably a ghost

Jokes aside you should probably seek help instead of finding excuses, hope you're doing good.
>>
ITT: people describe schizophrenia.
>>
>>17504419
Nope.
>>
>>17504425
Get him a thomas the tank engine, he was autistic.
>>
File: Adam Lanza 5th grade.jpg (16KB, 316x500px) Image search: [Google]
Adam Lanza 5th grade.jpg
16KB, 316x500px
>>17506302
>>
>>17504685
Daemon
>>
it's like spirits/servitors/daemons
>>
Tulpas are basically an MPD of sorts, except much more tame in comparison to the real thing, which is much more traumatizing to deal with.
>>
>>17504685
Your tulpa is just like mine... its like you described him, except for the looks
>>
I've been visualising my "imaginary friend" following me around, eating with me, listening to my music. I know it's bullshit, but the other night as soon as I started having this one negative thought, i shit you not a voice somewhere in my mind said "it's okay, sweetie."
I believe in the power of belief itself. Maybe I'm fooling myself but I think it's so interesting so why not try it?
>>
>>17504419
tulpa threads are one reason x is pure shite now

fuck off with this spam m8
>>
>>17504446
Google can help you, huge faggot.
>>
bunch of faggot roleplaying, some are actually stupid enough to believe it
>>
>>17508234
It was God talking to you. 100% for realz
>>
>>17508234
Next time you hear the voice ask it questions. For me an exchange went like this

-am i going crazy
-no
-so im talking to God?
-yes
-am i really talking to God
-yes
-yes
-don't test me boy
>>
He says all tulpas are manifestations of Him
>>
>>17504419
Bump
>>
>>17508358
Who?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.