[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /X/, tell me some real fucking philosophical shit that would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 21

File: image.jpg (27KB, 640x458px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 640x458px
Hey /X/, tell me some real fucking philosophical shit that would make me stay up in the middle of the night to think about
>>
>>17492080
if our eyes arent real, how can mirrors be real?
>>
How do magnets work
>>
File: 1286726046682.jpg (63KB, 327x346px) Image search: [Google]
1286726046682.jpg
63KB, 327x346px
>>17492080
You are now breathing manually.
>>
real niggas dont start fites
>>
>>17492080
There's a skeleton inside of you rIgHT nOW
>>
File: god.png (232KB, 660x353px) Image search: [Google]
god.png
232KB, 660x353px
>>17492080
>>
>your secrets are your armour. behind them is who you really are
>>
>>17492110
This is actually fillisopicle as fuck
>>
Imagine the scale of the universe. Now, imagine the scale of the void of empty space beyond the universe.
>>
>we could could be seeing our lives flash before our eyes right now
>>
>>17492124
Hnnnnnnggggg
>>
>>17492124
Imagine my dick. Now, Imagine the void of empty space around my dick.

Forever Alone
>>
>>17492129
thisss
>>
>>17492131
the truth.
>>
>>17492080
For the first time we have risen, and I see we are being consumed. I see circles that are not circles. Billions of dead souls inside containment. Unravellers have eaten country's moral fabric, turning hearts into filth. I'm from a kingdom level above human. What does that yield? A hokey smile that damns an entire nation.

There is no hope.
>>
>>17492294

> - Edgar Edge
>>
>>17492401
I think you meant Ronald Reagan, citizen. Step into the disintegration chamber at once.
>>
>>17492080
This dinosaurs had several hundred million years to evolve and never developed intelligence.

Humans are around 50,000 years old and look at all we've accomplished.

Now imagine how advanced we would be at this stage if we had come around before the dinosaurs did.

Or better yet:

What if the dinosaurs had never been wiped out and allowed to continue to evolve? Would they still be simple-minded beasts? Or would we be all be a bunch of intelligent bird-like creatures, instead of being primates?
>>
>>17492471
>Humans are around 50,000 years old and look at all we've accomplished.

how do you figure?
>>
>>17492492
>how do you figure?

Archaeology. Carbon dating.

Not entirely sure where the confusion is.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 800x751px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 800x751px
>>17492080
"If there is a universal mind, must it be sane?"
-Charles Fort

And here's my own:

If there's anything at all to String Theory, the multiverse, and the Anthropic Principle, then that means there are an infinite number of universes where the physical laws allow life to arise, an infinite number where the laws are so different that life doesn't, and an infinite number where life is . . . strange.

In other words, somewhere in the vast illimitable expanse of Reality, the Old Ones wait at the thresholds.
>>
There is no proof that you exist, or for that matter, that you (read: I) are not God.

My scariest head trip came from my realization that I, as God, could've created the reality that exists around me because I was tired of being the singular sentient being in existance. My greatest fear is that if I absorb myself too much in this belief, the universe itself could unravel.
>>
>>17492688
Absorb and let us know what happens. I think your just high.
>>
>>17492471
What about the fact that dinosaurs didn't have flowers or seeds, they didn't have grasses either, only ferns and mosses and lichens and land-algaes, possibly bacterial goop and stuff.

What if we are the dreams of the trees? If you eat a lot of rice you start to think like an asian, f you eat lots of sugar you become like an american.

Well eating lots of ferns made dinosaurs have to get huge in order to process such devoid matter, our compacted idea of food, especially our modern idea of calories only works because of seeds and grasses and flower-having plants.

And the dinosaur extinction killed 99% of all life. The idea of Meal times would be foreign to creatures that are constant grazers. .And all sea life is that way,
>>
Life has no implicit meaning in the face of the omnipresent nothingness of being.
>>
The brain named itself.
>>
>>17492080
There's a skeleton inside of you.
>>
>>17492732
I get what you are saying, but I'm completely missing the point of it.

Your words make sense, but I'm not sure why you're saying them.
>>
>>17492732
What I gathered from this is that dinosaurs could have evolved into Americans if only they had eaten burgers
>>
>>17492080
Your only purpose in life is to find out what you are here to do, and to do it. Before you die.

So far, you have totally failed. You do not know what the consequences of failure are.

It is hard to believe that they could possibly be good. It is a very popular delusion to believe that it doesn't matter, because there's no anwer. But that's a delusion. Of course it matters. Of course there is an answer. They just don't know what it is, and neither do you. The consequences of never finding out could be bad. They could be really, really, really bad.

In fact, a whole lot of people in history have believed this, and for good reason. Most everyone in history, in fact, has believed some variation of this. The idea that it doesn't matter has only become popular recently. Why has it become popular? Because it's easy. Because distractions are everywhere. Because doing the right thing is hard. Because nothing that is really valuable, like avoiding an eternity of screaming pain, is ever easy.

When you die, it's all over. There are no second chances. Many people believe that there will be. This is another delusion. The world is chock full of delusions.

What is the meaning of life? Why are you here? Why does everyone die, with no exceptions? What happens to them?

You don't know. When it happens to you, you are going in completely blind. There are many uncertainties in life, but some things are pretty certain. You're probably going to have to pay taxes, and you're going to die. Well, you can probably avoid the taxes, actually, if you really want to.

But you're going to die. Some people think they won't, especially when they are young and stupid. But they all do. Are you an exception?

No. Of course not.

Does this have anything to do with philosophy? Do you have to read a book to figure this out? Do you have to be some kind of one in a million genius?

No. Of course not.

Here come the excuses, the delusions, and the distractions...

...but the clock is ticking.
>>
>>17492080
The fabric of existance is alive and will talk to you if u recognize reality is God.
MIB
>>
File: 1435681049408.jpg (272KB, 800x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1435681049408.jpg
272KB, 800x1216px
>>17492688
You wont unravel the universe with your mind any more than you can destroy it with your hands. We are all God, your ego consciously represents as much of God as you physically represent of the universe. 'You' are not that important (but you are as important as everything else).

>>17492774
Nice contribution, I like that.

>>17492854
>Your only purpose in life is to find out what you are here to do, and to do it... So far, you have totally failed.

Not so. Ultimately, ones purpose in life is to simply 'be'. You cant get it wrong. You are here to do whatever it is that you're going to do. It all needs 'doing' and we're all doing our bit. So don't worry about it.

>>17492880
I like that too!
>>
Some say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice

I say the darker the flesh then the deeper the roots
>>
File: 1458213735117.jpg (112KB, 419x536px) Image search: [Google]
1458213735117.jpg
112KB, 419x536px
>>
Some say that pointing is rude, however what if you were to point out a beautiful rose or a peaceful sunset?

Please do not point at disabled people.
>>
You're going to do nothing with your life until you're too old to do anything but die.
>>
>Tis true without lying, certain & most true.
>That wch is below is like that wch is above & that wch is above is like yt wch is below to do ye miracles of one only thing.
>as all things have been & arose from one by ye mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
>The Sun is its father, the moon its mother,
>the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nourse.
>The father of all perfection in ye whole world is here.
>Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
>Seperate thou ye earth from ye fire, ye subtile from the gross sweetly wth great indoustry.
>It ascends from ye earth to ye heaven & again it desends to ye earth and receives ye force of things superior & inferior.
>By this means you shall have ye glory of ye whole world & thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
>Its force is above all force. ffor it vanquishes every subtile thing & penetrates every solid thing.
>So was ye world created.
>From this are & do come admirable adaptaions whereof ye means (Or process) is here in this.
>Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of ye philosophy of ye whole world.
>That wch I have said of ye operation of ye Sun is accomplished & ended.
>>
>>17492854
The easiest way to manipulate people is by fear. Fear is the mind-killer; people stop being able to think when they're afraid. Make someone fearful, and you can easily control their behavior.
Take religion, for example. Quite a lot of fear-based religions believe that God, by whatever name they call that entity, is a giant enough asshole to have created a hell where people receive infinite punishment for finite misbehavior.
That whole "there's a gun to your head, so make the right choice or else" thing is manipulation by fear.
Terrorism: "the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce"
Most standard religions believe god is a terrorist. They're also so terrified of this great terrorist in the sky that they pretend they like the gun they believe god is holding to their heads.
>>
Every person that ever lived, and will live, is you reincarnated. The road to ascension is long.

That said, be careful on how you live your life. Every thought you act upon, will be received by you. All of the actions of others, is you.
>>
What if you were God, but you took your own powers away out of fear from some traumatic thing that you accidentally caused. Like witnessing the only person you cared about and loved die in your hands because of your actions.
>>
>>17492080
Freewill is an illusion.
>>
>>17492129
what would be the diference then? merely conceptual
>>
>>17492105
This is from Spy Kids 2 and Steve fucking Buscemi says it.
>>
>>17493727
Loved that scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RFwyobtnKA
>>
Christians say god made everything about us, made a plan for us. Knows every thought we have and every step we take. That he gave us free will, but if god decided everything that we do. Does that mean we really have free will?
>>
You can't run through a campground, you can only ran because it is past tents.
>>
>>17493974
Option A: God predetermines every action before it happens because he is omnipresent in every moment of history, past, present and future.
Outcome - God has already determined our fates, so we lack the free will to change them. Souls sent to Hell are done so as per some divine plan, and therefore our sins are not our fault because they were determined before we were born.

Option B: God does not determine our futures, and we shape our own destinies with our actions.
Outcome - We have free will and as such can be judged for our sins and sent to the inferno rightfully. However, God is not perfect because he lacks control over the future, which cannot be.

I heard that a possible compromise would be that human beings control their own fates and their sins are on them, but God is conscious and omniscient in every possible future that occurs from every possible human action. This way, he still knows everything (in fact, he knows more than he would have before), and humans can still be damned with a cause.
>>
Mayday is an emergency
>procedure word
Used internationally
>>
>>17495176
>God is not perfect because he lacks control over the future
Having the power to do a thing and choosing not to do it is a self-imposed limitation.
>>
File: 1374270025005.gif (2MB, 315x302px) Image search: [Google]
1374270025005.gif
2MB, 315x302px
>>17492807
Well what if aliens ate just constant eaters to the point that they don't really comprehend not eating, like it's akin to breathing for them.

It's totally possible that there's some weird ice scraping alien that uses that frozen co2 to breath or frozen water etc.

>>17492819
Well they could if they had the idea of building stuff, which is highly unlikely for them. They were gigantic methane producing beasties. They relied on their bacteria to keep them alive, and they required several different microclimates for this. What if we were a fern being eaten by a dinosaur? We'd experience a lot of different things, and the dinosaur would have a secondary Gut-brain to further our dissloution, for our inevitable rebirth. The spores of you would still exist, and you'd be reborn millions of times, if you think about it on the big scale of this big beast's digestive system, or it's gonna really suck when you're utterly digested by the fungi, bacteria and other things that exist alongside you to make the process happen.

are you reborn from your spores, or are you dinosaur poop. Basically the question of every soul, constantly, since the days when all our souls were bacterial mats and weird eight eyed critters. You aren't much different from other creatures, Humans are just really weird bacterially, like the dinosaurs that dominated the earth, we have ways of making the insanely abundant stuff into rare stuff.
>>
File: 1334732353884.gif (356KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1334732353884.gif
356KB, 500x345px
>>17495176
Humans only damn themselves. Have no money, then eat weeds and hunt, oh wait MAN made TAXES and pesticides and hunting laws and housing codes and obsentity laws, yeah.

You only think god is the way you do, because you have a looming se\uveilance state overhead. God is wise and kind, and lets us go through all the levels over again if we want to.

You just need to know when to let go, some secret ends are too hard to get and they aren't worth it.
>>
>>17492080
Everytime you forcus on the moment, it has already passed.

Every breath you take, has already been taken.

Every sensation you feel, has already been felt.

You are stuck in the past forever. Forever a slave to the delay of your senses.
>>
>>17492688
Ok slug Christ
>>
>>17492080
What are "you"?

First of all realize that you are not your possessions.

Then take away the way you brush your hair, make up/fashion. This isn't you either.

Take away all the music you listen to, your film tastes, book tastes and other entertainment you enjoy. It all stemmed from outside you, thus it is not you.

Your thoughts are affected by the external world, thus they are not you.

Keep stripping away things that come from others, that you learned or stem from the external. What are you left with?
>>
>>17492080
Go listen to Beware by Death Grips.
>>
>>17495971
This is completely true. And I'm not lying when I say that there is only nothingness when all that is taken away.
>>
You're experiencing what it's like to live as a partially primitive, partially sentient being; in the past. probably an ancestor or something.
>>
>>17492080
Dog spelled backwards is God.

Think about that
>>
>>17492688
bruh, i think you got the schitz
>>
File: 0111151113.jpg (252KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
0111151113.jpg
252KB, 1280x960px
I think that, regardless on what life is or isn't, knowing death is inevitable is also knowing that this human experience is temporary. We know joy can be had in this life, and many of us can find joy and appreciation through truly fulfilling action. Many things can make us feel "happy" but i find there is no tastier reward than doing something for the sake of doing it. That's just me though, still there is no reason not to enjoy life if we're able. i mean we tend to take the beauty of what all of this is.. especially the sensory feed that is nature!
Shit man, we're all just humans. It's a shame that as self aware as we are we all just try to shit on one another to get a leg up, ya know?
At the same time, watch a person who loves what they do, do what they love. Watch how fast they learn, how thorough they are, how well they do if we had the passionate teaching the passionate. Lots of idealistic things in my brain tonight it seems. In any event, nice thread!

Pic unrelated
>>
>>17492554
So, where are all the modern predictions of 3 million years coming from then?
>>
>>17493031
By some you mean an extreme few
>>
>>17492095
this one will forever get me
but isn't your tongue a little bit too big for your mouth too?
>>
>>17496044
REEEEEEEEE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMLPJqeW78Q&ab_channel=SA3000i
^this desu
>>
File: 1425817584065.jpg (325KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1425817584065.jpg
325KB, 2560x1440px
>>17492080
If you can't let it go, then it's not worth holding onto.
>>
When you leave a room and close the door, how do you know the room is still there?
>>
Read the Principia Discordia.
>>
>>17492471
Ask the crocodiles.
>>
File: 4L_6hHQ9W4Z.jpg (52KB, 530x397px) Image search: [Google]
4L_6hHQ9W4Z.jpg
52KB, 530x397px
>>17492766
>>
So like is this thread just full of 12 year olds or just retards?
>>
>>17492774
Nice.

Only post ITT that isn't retarded.
>>
If you believe in the Big Bang theory, think of the nonexistant existance that was in the nothingness before it.
>>
>>17492688
Anon you are Haruhi fucking Suzumiya
>>
>>17495971
Well duh. You are the sum of all those things: the fact that they have their ultimate origin from outside is irrelevant. You exist as a unique pattern of neurons, piloting a meat body.
>>
>>17496003
I think about this a lot. In two or three hundred years, people will look back at how we lived and be amazed that we survived with such primitive versions of technology. I imagine it will be similar to how we view the invention of electricity today.
>>
I don't know if this is the right thread, but I read that sharks have been around longer than trees have. They've had hundreds of millions of years to evolve, and mankind still successfully hunts them for food and sport. Mankind really is a fucking beastly species.
>>
>>17492688
lol keep going buddy, it will unravel but we will be just fine
>>
>>17496857
he sure is
>>
If Jesus was jewish why are we christian.
>>
Just because God is all-knowing doesn't mean he hasn't forgotten us
>>
>>17492080
>expecting anything out of /x/ deeper than "spess is magnets, and i just want to shot sexy demon pls"
>>
File: 1430500858188.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1430500858188.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
Since you can't use the elements of a set to prove the set itself, there is no way for us to prove that logic actually means anything in the objective world and isn't just aesthetically pleasing mind games. We could just be monkeys stressing and gnashing at the shadows cast by our illusory perception of reality.

---

Since humans are finite, we can never have any knowledge that would require an infinite capacity. We can never know anything meaningful about God and any attempt to say anything about God is effectively meaningless, since our language relies on relation, binary opposites and a perspective chained to spatio-temporal co-ordinates.

---

Since humans are finite, our lives and histories are necessarily cyclical. There was an Italian philosopher named Giambattista Vico who hypothesized that civilization proceeded in four succeeding stages: Chaos -> Theocracy -> Monarchy -> Democracy -> Chaos etc. Assuming he's correct we're nearing the end of the final cycle and there's nowhere to go but down.

---

You trust the chemicals in your brain to tell you they're only chemicals.

---
There is no empirically verifiable way to prove that you aren't twelve year old you dreaming your life right now.

All of the knowledge you think you have of sex, philosophy, music etc. could just be a twelve year old's conception of those things. You'll be living your life, just about to hit the ripe age of sixty-five and a well deserved retirement when all of a sudden you hear the words:

"Anon, it's time to wake up for school"
>>
Remember that white humaniod thing from Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood? The thing that said it was everyone and everything, and that it was god?

That's us friend.
>>
>>17492080
If you are doing the devils work on earth why would the devil punish you when you are in hell?? Wouldnt he award you?
>>
>>17493031
WE WUZ
>>
>>17497709
Don't forget that the devil lies, Anon.
>>
>>17492080

Newton didnt invent calculus. It was just a typo. Go to sleep anon.
>>
What is fundamentally sustaining your existence.
>>
>>17496136

How do you know that you don't sleepwalk?
>>
What makes a human "human"? If a dog had the mind of on par with a human would his life matter as much as a humans? What about an ant? What about a robot? What makes you "human"?
>>
>>17492732
>If you eat a lot of rice you start to think like an asian,

What the fuck
>>
>>17496044
yeah that's true but how have you noticed how you now need to swallow manually
>>
There are more stars in the galaxy than atoms in the universe.
>>
>>17492080
You are shit without God. You always will be.
>>
>>17492732

Latin americans eat more rice than gooks and have nothing in common. Your theory is retarded.
>>
>>17492660
That sounds cool as shit desu. Probably because I'm a huge Lovecraft fan.
>>
File: george.jpg (89KB, 999x752px) Image search: [Google]
george.jpg
89KB, 999x752px
>>17492471
Oh God, please don't let /sci/ see this post. There is so much wrong here I don't even know where to begin.
>>
>>17492778
Actually you're inside a skeleton. (you're the brain)
>>
>>17498865
But they eat fried rice Asians eat steamed
>>
>>17497709
You poor naive fucker.
>>
>>17498921
Holy heck
>>
>>17494931
No
>>
>>17498921
A bony prison for our thoughts. HOLY SHIT
>>
>>17495971
A specific part of the brain that works as the conscious hq that is "you". Look it up it's fascinating no joke
>>
>>17496136
How about when you close your eyes? Or everything behind you?
>>
>>17493031
Tupac cares, if don't knowbody else care
>>
>>17492124
>the void of empty space beyond the universe
no such thing
heres one thats actually real
>the big bang was the smallest event thats ever happened
>>
>>17492080
To be or not to be.
>>
saga of harry potter contains all of kabala
cult of saint potter will emerge
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (7KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
7KB, 300x226px
>>17492688
Hitler Dubs confirm
>>
>>17496136
With a camera and a screen.
>>
>>17497357
>Since humans are finite, our lives and histories are necessarily cyclical. There was an Italian philosopher named Giambattista Vico who hypothesized that civilization proceeded in four succeeding stages: Chaos -> Theocracy -> Monarchy -> Democracy -> Chaos etc. Assuming he's correct we're nearing the end of the final cycle and there's nowhere to go but down.
I think "Fate of Empires" by John Bagot Glub is better, just read the last pages. http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf
>>
>>17498689
This will explain your question https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8a3gjt_Ar0
>>
We know what things do, and how. but we don't know why. we know the mechanics of how fire burns, but we have to way to explain why those things cause that reaction.
>>
>>17492732
Dude how high are you right now
>>
>>17492080
You came here to read this. Ask yourself why.
>>
>>17496170
All of those plus people who think they're superior to everyone else
>>
File: second-coming-icon-detail01sm.jpg (65KB, 513x325px) Image search: [Google]
second-coming-icon-detail01sm.jpg
65KB, 513x325px
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 188x253px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 188x253px
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
>>
File: icon8b.jpg (181KB, 480x620px) Image search: [Google]
icon8b.jpg
181KB, 480x620px
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 255x198px
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
>>
Men only exist to do heavy lifting and provide sperm. Machines do the heavy lifting now. One day we will perfect gene splicing.
>>
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
>>
Every lifetime, there is one born amongst us with the ability to mold and even destroy the universe at their will - True God. We are but subconscious manifestations of him and the last. This is not known to God, nor if he were told, he would be able to to harness his rightful authority due to how disconnected we humans are to our universe. Imagine if somebody stumbled upon this strange trail of thinking. Imagine if they TRULU believed.

Luckily, God is usually some loser, incompetent, or starving third-world child.

But he's always here.

One day the bubble will pop.
>>
>>17501471
continue in your folly and wickedness, and this will be your reward: folly and wickedness
>>
>>17501482
referring to existential reward, surely those who sew corruption will see corruption
>>
even though the outside edge of a same record spins at the same speed as the inside edge of the record and despite them being two difference sizes, both make the same amount of spins per minute
>>
>>17501485
K
>>
File: 1--wDizDbJYCvuKNL8sBzRJw.jpg (312KB, 951x799px) Image search: [Google]
1--wDizDbJYCvuKNL8sBzRJw.jpg
312KB, 951x799px
When the credits finally roll for this,
the worst story ever told,
don't bother sifting through the names for yours or anyone you know.
Unless they were by chance a shepherd king, a virgin birth,
a resurrection, a messianic prince
or some such childish thing.
You can storm the edit suite or move to block its theatrical release,
but I think we can safely guarantee that
there will be no revisions to the script
made on behalf of a supporting cast(e). Because history exalts only the pornography of force-
that of murderers and psychopaths
(the rest of us, of course, stricken from the narrative wholesale: a back drop to the tale)
-as we, the two-bits,
are ushered on and swiftly off this stage
with the jawbones of asses.
No stirring curtain call for the masses.
No floral bouquet.
No breaking of legs.
No recurring role.
No artistic control.
And so in these days, in this terminal phase, it's all left to chance.
A piece of advice:
if you're cast on thin ice, you may as well dance.
Do what you feel you must, but as for me
I was not put upon this earth to subjugate or serve.
>>
>>17495971
"You" is the outermost sheet of grey matter on the frontal lobe and the claustrum (For the most part, the brain is a highly complex system). It is responsible for the higher level thought that is attributed to consciousness.
Consciousness is much like a desktop computers display, it simplifies and distorts the intricate and complex functions of the brain into something useful to the organism.
>>
>>17501541
Brains are from ayys, they put them in animals and now we evolved

ALL REQUEST FORUM
>>
absolutely all of the information about surrounding world we get through natural biological machines which are very limited, imperfect and can be easily tricked (optical illusions and stuff like that)
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 337x337px)
image.jpg
18KB, 337x337px
If knowing that you're going to die someday, somehow, without knowing what happens afterwards doesn't keep you up at night sometimes then idk what will

If we're born by such extreme chance then what's the probability of reincarnation?
>>
>>17492080
Everything you experience is a series of chemical reactions and electrical signals passing through your brain, which is a colony of individually alive cells. This is consciousness.

Your entire experience is dictated purely by these impulses and reactions, therefore it is impossible to say what, if anything, beyond your own brain is real. It's impossible for me to really know with absolute, objective certainty that you exist, or that 4chan exists, or my computer, even my own body. I could be a brain in a jar, I could be imagining all of it.

The weirdest part, though, is that it doesn't matter. Because it's impossible for any being to experience reality objectively, the only thing that matters is your own subjective experience of it.
>>
>>17492080
It's impossible to know whether you are dreaming or awake, what you perceive as the real world could be your dream world, and what you perceive as a dream could be waking reality.

Think about it, when you dream, you take it at face value at the moment, for the most part. Who's to say that that reality that you are in right now, reading this reply, isn't part of a dream and that whatever your last dream was isn't your waking reality?
>>
>>17497357
>You'll be living your life, just about to hit the ripe age of sixty-five and a well deserved retirement when all of a sudden you hear the words:
>"Anon, it's time to wake up for school"

Okay I actually have a story about this. Well sorta.

I have this memory from when I was somewhere between probably seven and ten (tho I could be completely wrong), and it's like I remember having this sensation of like waking up and that instant where you forget your dreams, knowing you forgot but not knowing specifically what. But like it's weird because in that moment I felt like I'd forgotten an entire lifetime worth of memories, it's not like waking up and forgetting a weird dream it was sort of a similar sensation to first being able to form memories beyond super vague images and actually remembering events in detail, y'know?

So every single time I have deja vu or start to zone out on a long bus ride I worry that I'm gonna be there, in the car, eight years old finding out that the past fifteen years of my life have all been a dream on a long car ride.

Sorry this isn't articulated well, it's conceptually a really weird fucking thing.
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.