[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we continue to send signals out to space and other planets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

File: SATCOM_Final.jpg (4MB, 3500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
SATCOM_Final.jpg
4MB, 3500x2000px
Why do we continue to send signals out to space and other planets?
What makes us so sure we're not liable to get fucked by some insectoid race or some shit? I imagine the groups that send these signals are under the hopes that they'll be nice guys like us, but if not, they just fucked our entire race.

Shouldn't this be illegal?
>>
The government is already in contact with other life forms across the universe, so this is just a veil to hide their true knowledge and keep us in the dark.
>>
>>17476872
What about a race that asks questions later?
>>
>>17476855
>nice guys like us

i somehow doubt you are human...
>>
>>17476855
>Why do we continue to send signals out to space and other planets?

we don't, we never have since there is no space.
>>
>>17477029
wat?
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 1024x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 1024x540px
>>17477043
Get ready for the ultimate redpill
>>
I dont think any intelligent race would like to fuck us over just for the sake of it. I think intelligence comes with empathy and they would be curious about other species and cultures. Although i do believe that if they would see us as even a small threat they migh want to nuke us because you dont want to gambke with the survival of your own race.
By them receiving message from us might just show them how not advanced we still are and pose no threat and how naive we are or maybe they already knew our location and are sending planet destroyers at us.
>>
>>17477029
thank you
>>
File: earth.jpg (44KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
earth.jpg
44KB, 500x386px
>>17477062
>2016
>still beliving the earth is flat...
>>
>>17476855
Aren't the signals a waste of time anyway? I'm sure that I read the signals of our most powerful transmitters dissipate in the lightyears before they would reach any other system.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 550x296px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 550x296px
>nice guys like us

The world, the fucking collective world is NOT "nice".
Humans are probably the most dangerous, if not most psychotic species to exist. Fight over small shit like religion, charge people to live on land, dictate through chosen/inherited "leadership".
I see no reason why any other lifeform would risk contact with the human race.
>>
File: Billede 1.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Billede 1.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
prove to me

there is life from other universes

here on earth

i haven't seen a u.f.o or alien ever ???
>>
The Earth is hollow, space is warped, what space?
>>
>>17476855
Perhaps because our fear of being alone is equal to or greater than our fear of confronting the unknown.
>>
>>17477163
show me a footage from space that shows a gorillion multi color stars shining in the background.
Hint: you can't, no footage was ever made during the past 70 years.
Don't worry and sleep well.
>>
File: 1449768351-xcom2-ag-fob-pegi16.jpg (2MB, 1519x2156px) Image search: [Google]
1449768351-xcom2-ag-fob-pegi16.jpg
2MB, 1519x2156px
>What makes us so sure we're not liable to get fucked by some insectoid race or some shit?

We're actually being monitored. I firmly believe that. It shouldn't be this quiet.
>>
>>17477322
>>
>>17477389
Fuck you, space is huge. We've been sending radio out for less than seventy years, which means we're covering a radius of less than 70 light years. That's still pretty small on a cosmic scale
>>
>>17477322
Anarchofag detected.
>>
It seems wierd to me that people thing that seeing a UFO is automatically an alien inside it or an alien craft motherfuckers it might be a UFO but could be a human inside
>>
>>17479444
Shhh, you know we're not supposed to question that.
>>
>>17476855

What a weird approach. Are you not curious as to what's out there?

We're never gonna' know unless we check.
>>
Galatic Federation is orbiting this planet. All ingoing and outgoing space flight has been temporarly halted. Galactic Federation representatives are incarnating on the surface more and more frequently to assist in this Ascension process
>>
>>17476855

There is no space and other planets. Earth is a self-contained biosphere.
>>
>>17479463
Sure they gonna save us all. We just have to be passive and let everything happen. Fucking lizard-shills.
>>
>>17479444
It could also be a sort of drone with no one inside. Or some sort of controlled plasmaball.
>>
Most replies here seem to be parroting obvious and childish answers. Must be a school day off today or something.
>>
>>17479444
Or it could be a living thing itself.
>>
>>17479699
Exactly what I was thinking lmao. This thread is spooking me out it's almost as if it's made by bots
>>
Aliens are humans evolved. In many thousands of years humans move to a different planet with slightly different atmosphere and sunlight and our skin color changes and our eyes get bigger just as how ppl here became black. Aliens use time travel (black holes) to travel through space because it would take years to travel to earth because of how car away we are. Same concept as time travel. Aliens (humans from future) come here for resources their planet doesn't have but because they are still human they need it.
>>
>>17479699
There have been sincere replies but you do not want to believe and so you discredit those whom wish to have you see.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
>>17476855
>nice guys like us

We nailed our god to a cross.

We breathe combustible rocket engine fuel.

We coat our food in low grade neurotoxins.

We pride ourselves on our contests of attempting to induce unconsciousness or death with flavored poisons.

Our entire environment has been entirely reformed to suit your fleeting needs. Forests leveled, mountains razed, fields plowed. In a few short years we have conquered our greatest enemy: nature.

We fear the stars as we are accustomed to fear the unknown, as the unrelenting hostility of earth has conditioned our entire race to be nothing but greedy, hardened predators.

And now we turn a hungry eye to the stars.

The atrocities of war we commit upon our brethren this millennium will not compare to the wholesale conquest of blood the galaxy will see when we can figure out how to strap ourselves to several thousand tons of metal and hurl ourselves through the vastness of space towards our prey.
>>
>>17476855
>nice guys like us
>>
>>17479886
->hfy
>>
Well, we already are getting fucked up by insectoid aliens, but it's the reptilians (that they are helping) that are doing most of the damage.
>>
>>17479426
Also this would mean that an alien race with similar technology to ours would take the same time to reply to our messages, which only leaves you with a less than 35 light year radius.
>>
>>17479443
A what??
>>
>>17477322
I doubt any other advanced, spacefaring species would be any better. Either way making contact with any ayyliems that aren't considerably more primitive than us seems like a terrible idea.
>>
File: gmunch.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
gmunch.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
>>17477368
>gorillion
>>
>>17480698
kek'd
>>
>>17479444
It's a monk from the Tibet mountains traveling around the planet.
>>
It's just a prank bro the aliums won't mind
>>
>>17476872
>>17476934
>>17477029
>>17477062
And this is the reason I rarely visit this board nowadays
>>
File: 1457739746638.jpg (34KB, 336x335px) Image search: [Google]
1457739746638.jpg
34KB, 336x335px
>>17480698
>Gorillion

Holy kek
>>
>>17480987
My reason would be all the meditative drug fags. Like what the fuck is paranormal about people going into a high stupor?
>>
>>17479886
saved
>>
>>17481100
for me it's the religious nuts and the "FAKE YOU'RE DUMB FOR BELIEVING THINGS" guy
>>
>>17476855
It hardly matters, since our signals (TV, radio etc.) already leak into space without us actively putting them out there.

And besides, any alien race sufficiently advanced to visit our planet without the trip taking millions of years most likely has the methods to detect us anyway, signals or not.
>>
>>17477029
Yes there s.
>>
>>17477067
>I think intelligence comes with empathy and they would be curious about other species and cultures. Although i do believe that if they would see us as even a small threat they migh want to nuke us because you dont want to gambke with the survival of your own race.

Putting aside that these two statements seem very contradictory to me, I don't see how we could currently be a threat to any space-faring race. If worse comes to worst, all they'd have to do is fly away. Just leaving our solar system would already put them far out of range of any of our weapons.
>>
>>17480987
Why? Because the content is pretty shit now and that these autistic conspiracy theorists think aliens use 4chan?
>>
>>17476872
This guy gets it, the draco have layed claim to Tierra and you just dnt fuck with the baddest bully on the block. That being said help is here, the One true Infinite Creator balances all.
>>
File: image.gif (879KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
879KB, 245x230px
>>17479886
>>
We're either alone or we're not. Both are pretty scary if you think about it.
>>
>>17477067

Intelligence comes from hunting
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.