[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately I can't meditate. The voice in my head won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: monk-meditating.jpg (44KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
monk-meditating.jpg
44KB, 450x600px
Lately I can't meditate. The voice in my head won't stop, there's always some environmental annoyance, and I end up feeling frustrated rather than renewed. It's discouraging 'cause it used to bring me a lot of peace. Why is this happening? Will it pass?
>>
Yes it should, if I may offer a tip. Try lighting a candle while you meditate spend 10 minutes just staring into the flame with a void mind. After 10 minutes close your eyes and visualize the candle and the flame in your mind, every time an errant thought appears open your eyes to look into the flame again. Just for a few seconds. If you start getting frustrated then extend your breathing counts till you calm down, and return to focus. Use ear plugs if necessary
>>
That is because meditation on void is nearly impossible for the humans in this age. The prescribed spiritual practice is mantra meditation, in particular, chanting the Hare Krsna mahamantra.
>>
>>17472697
What kind of results do you expect to achieve with this faux meditation?
>>
>>17472707
For you and your Krishna movement maybe.
>>
>>17472716
Wrong. The practice of Bhakti yoga is the innate and eternal function of all living entities.
>>
I sometimes get that. For me, my technique is lost because I approach the session goal-orientated.

When that happens I try to forget why I'm doing it, and just meditate for the pleasure of that moment. And it usually helps.
>>
>>17472722
I'm not disagreeing with you there, however giving up on void meditation because your swami tells you to and then advocating the Krishna movement to OP might not be the agenda he was wanting to hear from. Doesn't matter to me I was just trying to assist OP. You may practice what ever meditation you like good sir.
>>
>>17472707
>>17472722

I don't know much about meditation as far as names for things, or anything like that, you probably know more than me.
But I can meditate on void, or just nothingness or pure awareness quite easily. I don't know why the age would have anything to do with it. Maybe turn your phone off if you get distracted?

I use mantras most of the time, om mani padme hum being my go-to. I like the hare krishna one too but it's too long to remember easily for me.
>>
>>17472739
Even if you succeed in withdrawing the senses from their objects, the highest you can attain is the Bramhan effulgence, or the impersonal feature of God. Only by engaging the senses in Krsna's service (through hearing, chanting, remembering, etc.) can you attain pure love, or prema, for the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Even further, this process has been made simple and sublime by the teachings and example of Lord Chaitanya. For this reason it has been called the mahamantra, or supreme mantra, which is non-different from the divine couple.
>>
>>17472765
This is just dogma dude.

I'm sure you believe it, but it isn't rational. Meditation can be tested, this stuff can't. So don't fucking preach like you're explaining some facts.
>>
>>17472777
>Meditation can be tested, this stuff can't.

http://www.backtogodhead.in/the-maha-mantra-research-project-by-dhira-govinda-dasa/
>>
Thanks guys, I'll try your suggestions. I like the idea of a mantra, but I don't know any.

>>17472723
That sounds like exactly what's happening to me. Thanks
>>
>>17472792
Hare Krsna Hare Krsna
Krsna Krsna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
>>
Can i get some help with something? I've been practising meditation on my own rules, specifically 4 times in the last 10 years, but all of them worked and I achieved the state of awareness.
I want to take the meditations more seriously now, and I have some doubts approaching the chakras and everything. Do you think that I can handle that myself or should i find a master//some classes for that? I don't want to blow up my kundalini or anything.

Also anyone has tried alternative versions of the mind mapping?(kabbalah, 8-circuits, etc. Should I choose which one I want to work out now or can i change it later?)
>>
I started to meditate few day ago and have a few questions.
I have too problems silencing my inner voice. Like 15 sec max and mostly just for 2-3 breaths. I just cut the tought and go on. Is this the right way? I have the feelings its getting easier.

I have the problem that sometimes music starts playing and i cant make it stop. Some asshole posted cruel angel thesis piano version some days ago and it just keeps popping into my mind.

What do i do with the breath? I read one time to concentrate on breath and another time to not to do it. So whats right?
>>
Quit jacking off and getting off. That's all I had to do for them to stop.
>>
>>17472834
Fix the mind on something dynamic and beautiful, such as Krsna or his names.
>>
>>17472858
wow great help.
>>
>>17472652
It's natural. You have off days with meditation like any other skill. Do not dwell on the shame from failure and it will pass.
>>
File: 1439022264760.jpg (150KB, 1080x675px) Image search: [Google]
1439022264760.jpg
150KB, 1080x675px
>>17472652
Try doing some exercise senpai, focus your yi on something different than usual, or just wait it out.

This happens to all peeple who meditate eventually.
>>
>>17472652

No advice but I just wanted to share that I have been the same way lately. Actually, for almost the past month my attention span has gone to shit. I was in the habit of meditating between 2 and 4 hours daily over the past 2+ years at least, maybe even longer, and yet lately it is a struggle for me to sit for even 5 minutes =( wonder wtf is going on?
>>
>>17472652

oh, I should've also added that usually if I'm having a bit of a lull I'd experiment with things like ecstatic dance and/or tribal drumming to kick things up a notch. I will probably attempt to learn how to do "walking" meditations soon here, too - perhaps either of these may be an option foryou>?
>>
>>17473735
>I will probably attempt to learn how to do "walking" meditations soon here, too - perhaps either of these may be an option foryou>?

I have started trying to practice being present outside of meditation, but I'm having the same kinda problem...just not able to sustain the clarity for long. I think you're right about trying something new to shake things up
>>
>>17473830
try tamarind
>>
ok some meditation tips. from my experience the key is focusing your attention on something internal, and the more you can focus on it the deeper you go. also whatever you focus on gains energy btw. anyways some that have worked for me is ofc breathing, hearing, bloodflow, music, or anything you may be feeling.

always be experiementing and trying new shit and it will give it some spice and stave off the boredom of routine
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.