[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If someone were to go back in time and give society a piece of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: paradox.jpg (34KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
paradox.jpg
34KB, 500x359px
If someone were to go back in time and give society a piece of technology that hadn't been invented at that point, but we only have that technology because of someone doing the same for us, how was it originally invented?
>>
>>17466410
By stealing it from somewhere else. You have to unpack the loop.
>>
>>17466482
So how far does the loop go? At some point in a particular timeline that technology has to be invented independently of time travelers.
>>
>>17466503
Correct; you have to understand how to unpack the loop recursively, in case the loop has been there for eternity. It rarely ever is. I think my personal record was something like 43 loops back.
>>
File: alsdeskondod.jpg (81KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
alsdeskondod.jpg
81KB, 600x594px
>>17466410
Not a real boffin but if I understand how this concept may work, said invention can only exist in that timeline if it is "within the wave form potential" that already exists for that timeline.

In other words the technology would have to be possible and there for would be able to exist in the 1st place. So I guess somewhere someplace sometime would have come up with it.

A more interesting question is one of forging consent and bringing "preferred" timelines into focus here through various covert means.

You don't need a time machine to bring out your desired future if you understand how to manufacture it now and leave it to your "successors" for the next stage of completion.
>>
>>17466530
>In other words the technology would have to be possible and there for would be able to exist in the 1st place. So I guess somewhere someplace sometime would have come up with it.

Doesn't explain where the impetus or idea came from, though. This is why I prefer the hypothetical to be about music. How I heard it:

Man grows up listening to Rachmaninoff (I use him because his history could make the story plausible). He loves every bit of Rachmaninoff's music, memorizes it perfectly and can write it play it do whatever he wants with it - even the most obscure and incomplete works.

So now, through some miracle of science or magic, the man gets a chance to go back in time and meet the composer. But when he goes back, he finds that there is no Rachmaninoff; the boy died young and no family member or other local shows any hint of creating the amazing music. To avert what the man sees as a travesty and offense to music, he becomes the composer he grew up idolizing. The man assumes the name, starts composing the pieces in chronological order, attends the proper performances, etc. He makes sure the music of Rachmaninoff is firmly established in the annals of time.

The question remains, though, as to where the music came from originally. Of course it's possible to create music, it's the "somewhere, someplace, sometime" bit that's tricky. Because the man didn't create the music - he heard it from Rachmaninoff. And "Rachmaninoff" didn't create it because he never existed as a composer - that was the time-shifted man who "created" the music from memory.

So where did the music come from?
>>
File: green.png (4KB, 896x729px) Image search: [Google]
green.png
4KB, 896x729px
The Ed button is false?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.