[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe that magic/supernatural phenomena exist at all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

File: Magic.jpg (79KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
Magic.jpg
79KB, 720x479px
Do you believe that magic/supernatural phenomena exist at all?

If so, do you believe that any humans actually know about it? Not just people who think that exists, but people who have some form of concrete undeniable evidence of its existence / practitioners.

If you answered yes in some way to the above questions, who/what groups do you think have access to it? How have they managed to keep it a secret?
>>
>>17466223
Nope.

Everything is 'supernatural' until we find an explanation for it.

Still fun to think about.
>>
>>17466223
Yes magic is VERY real.. there are many things in this universe that are impossible to understand or explain. However, it is within each individual to recognize this on their own free WILL I could tell you everything, but it isn't anything to you until you allow it/believe it to be. Not an RP fag, just someone who has an open mind n can accept that some things will never be able to be explained. Don't let it scare you, I think the unknown/chaotic side scares a lot of people so they refuse to allow it into their reality if you understand.
>>
File: W+M1.jpg (45KB, 620x339px) Image search: [Google]
W+M1.jpg
45KB, 620x339px
I believe in magic.
In a young girl's heart.
>>
File: Doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>17466258
This is the kind of reply that posts like this always get. Replies that insist how true their beliefs are, without actually including any real information.

For example, you said:

>there are many things in this universe that are possible to understand or explain

Would you care to state some of those things? In your next sentence, you state that it is within each individual to recognize this, with "this" referring to the idea that there are things that are impossible to understand or explain. Please state some of these "things", so that we may accept that they are impossible to explain.
>>
File: 1441972459782.jpg (397KB, 827x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1441972459782.jpg
397KB, 827x1223px
>>17466223
1. Yep. No good basis for this belief though, haven't taken the plunge into the occult yet

2. Concrete undeniable evidence would require some form of body, tangible object, or measurement through technological devices that produce data to suggest that the phenomenon must be correlated with the accumulated data with only a very low chance of error. So... Maybe? It'd have to be from a group so dedicated to the discovery or documentation of the phenomenon that they continue to pursue it no matter what, but such a group would be only in the "discovery" phase and thus have no concrete undeniable evidence. Otherwise it could be government groups looking into phenomenon to determine whether it is a threat to clandestine operations and getting lucky enough to find one that's true.

3. My only possible candidate for #2 would be government research. Easy to keep on the down low, just don't declassify the projects. Considering we live in the age of technology we've also been conditioned in some sense not to believe in such silly ideas as ghosts/monsters/magic/supernatural phenomena as such ideas are not "scientific." Should a government researcher looking into such phenomena try to "come clean" about the project (successful or not) they'd be ridiculed by the vocal majority. Hell, even if they performed an act of magic in front of a crowd there would likely be the general assumption this person is just a magician in the performer sense, wondering how they were able to pull off this magnificent new "trick." Not to mention this could end up being career suicide for the researcher to associate their name with something as stupid as research into supernatural phenomena. People will keep their involvement a secret willingly

I know it's a bait thread, I really do. I just couldn't resist trying to give a reasonable response to the "prove magic is real. Oh, you can't provide any evidence for it? Then it doesn't real and you should be ashamed" thread.
>>
>>17466286
"Explain what cannot be explained.." Yeah that makes sense.. But, in all honesty it is simply just the Will of the individual to accept magick, God, Buddha whatever it may be it is only real to you if you really believe or "speak/will it into existence" I suppose would be a way to say it. For example, there are people who claim they speak to God or he speaks to them, no matter what anyone says it doesn't matter because it's really the truth.. but it is only the truth for them because they truly believe it in the bottom of their being to the top no matter what their mind is made up. Magick is the same way, if you want to see it's real then become a practitioner of it yourself.. Just like if you want to see God's existence then you go to church n fill your life with him same concept. However, be careful for what you wish for what you will the universe will follow suit so if you really believe you are magic then one day you will awake to realize you are indeed.
>>
>>17466223
As a corollary to the OP pic, "It's magic, it has to explain everything all at once." This is literally the mindset a hard-nosed skeptic takes with us.
>>
File: image_8.jpg (308KB, 1934x1403px) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
308KB, 1934x1403px
I believe the human mind holds great potential, much more than whay we'd like to believe, but I also believe things like "outsiders" "demons" and other "cryptids" are mental manifestation of darker aspects of our minds and not actual aliums or anything. It's easy to go hunting with your rifle a "monster" but it's much harder to deal with your "monsters"... And life can get pretty fucking boring, that's why we invent ourselves stories and stuff some people end up believing and holding as truth.

What I mean is that it's all in the head. Let's not forget that reality is above all a consensus of everybody's perceptions ( including your own) plus thought processing.
>>
>>17467284
Belgium is a non-country.

I need cheeez and gunpowder, because raisins, stop looking at me like that
>>
Yes, Its not a secret though.
Jews also practise magick.
I can let my chi(energy, whatever you want to call it) flow or radiant outside of me.
Other people can feel it. More advanced occultists are capable of telepathy or even telekenisis or pyrokenisis.
Jews however dont want you to use magick because they want to control you.
>>
>>17467317
Why is it always da joos?
I really want to know
>>
>>17467284
fuck Belgium is a non country
>>
Magic is merely a type of science that we have yet to fully understand the rules behind. While it seems nonsensical, like vaccine ingredients to a non bio-chemistry major or particle physics to almost literally everyone ever, we will eventually find the rules behind it to be fairly consistent. While I believe it operates in a way we cannot perceive currently (kind of like non-visible light did before we had the right equipment), it would be foolish to deny that there isn't more to our existence that we have yet to discover
>>
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Go back in time and show a caveman a bic lighter and he will think its magic.

But you know its the butane gas being ignited by the spark from the flint and roller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFriRcIwqNU
>>
File: 1411419384847.jpg (59KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1411419384847.jpg
59KB, 604x453px
>>17466223
On the one hand, I'm a lifelong Christian so supernatural things (God, angels, demons, etc.) are a given. On the other hand, how much angels and demons (God excepted, and even He has natural, rational means of operation) influence daily life is speculation. It's probably not nearly as common or obvious was in the OT, let alone the NT.

Magic/psychic powers? Almost entirely hoaxes/scams or imagination/fantasy. Actual divine or demonic influence is again highly speculative, but unlikely.

Ayylmaos/reptilians/non-human sapience? Don't count on it. I'm pretty skeptical of human conspiracy theories too.

All in all, I keep their existence far far back in my mind. I have better things to worry about than flying saucers, spoon-bending, or lizardmen. /x/ is pretty good for a laugh every now and then, like the rest of 4chan.
>>
>>17466223
>If so, do you believe that any humans actually know about it? Not just people who think that exists, but people who have some form of concrete undeniable evidence of its existence / practitioners.

You're asking the wrong question in the wron way.

Magic exists, it's very effective, and the people who really use it get what they want by doing so. There is no evidence other than the rumours and the general knowledge of those who went public, like Crowley (an idiot imo).

Magic works by intent and manifestation. It does not appear in a specific form. Your wish could be complicated and that makes the result complicated. Part of the effectiveness is exactly that it is very hard to prove or trace.

If you attack someone with magic or change something in society, would you want other people to know? No, of course not. It's like if you had a political position and did something against the will of a lot of people, they would attack you at once, and ruin your reputation, make you lose your job and your friends.

Noone will talk of what they really did with magic, because the reason you use magic is to not get any attention to your person, but to make it look normal and natural.
>>
>>17467321

Oldest existing religion in the west, they don't want you to take their power away from them.
>>
>>17467637
But they aren't the oldest cult in the west
>>
>>17467284
>reality is above
Disagreed.
>>
>>17467547
>you know its the butane gas being ignited by the spark from the flint and roller
You believe that, and so it holds power over you. If you were to travel back to that time and place and flick your lighter, how would you explain that it could no longer light?
>>
File: OverMan_lineage.png (163KB, 359x900px) Image search: [Google]
OverMan_lineage.png
163KB, 359x900px
>>17469080
>You believe that, and so it holds power over you.
A meaningless statement. As a conditional, it's universally applicable. I could say the same about your statement there. And then you could say the same thing about my statement, etc. etc. etc.

>>17469080
>If you were to travel back to that time and place and flick your lighter, how would you explain that it could no longer light?
Ignoring the pointless conjecture on the functionality of the lighter, one need not travel back in time at all. This experiment can, and has, been tested in the real world. From Columbuse's eclipse to the Melanesian cargo cults, the, "technology is magic," or, "superior knowledge," paradigm has been tried and tested true.
>>
>>17469112
You completely missed the point of the caveman era. I'd ask you to travel back there and see for yourself, but we both know your capacities are instructively lacking.
>>
Im seeking it.
>>
>>17469127
It'll be my epitaph. "Here lies Sen. Lintwhistle. He totally missed the point of the Caveman Era."
>>
When the alien gods came down we didnt have a frame of reference for their technology. So we saw it and them as Supernatural.

Just like when the Spanish landed in the new world with their suits of armor and swords. The natives thought it was the return of the gods.
>>
Yes

Most first world governments know about it and have scientists/workers who work to understand it better and contain it from the public, along with various private organizations (who have their own motives).

It's actually stupidly easy to conceal in the modern age given that most people can't get over their sense of disbelief, and have very unscrutinizing eyes and tend to normalize everything they see. Everything paranormal from movies that are released to what's allowed to be broadcast in the news tends to have a certain rhyme and reason.

Not to mention the fact that the people who do claim to have paranormal encounters are often ostracized/belittled. Due to this culture, the people in charge don't really even have to cover things up. Just let the crazies be crazies and it'll spread disbelief.
>>
File: spoooked dean.gif (982KB, 499x275px) Image search: [Google]
spoooked dean.gif
982KB, 499x275px
>>17466223

I do not feel as though magic exists, but yet I believe in the supernatural as in spirits. This is possibly pure conjecture manifested by humanities denial of their limited lifespan, but I believe that the 'spirit' is reincarnated into another subconsciousness, as in the empty consciousness itself. I also believe there are many unknown creatures in stretches of jungles unexplored by humanity therefore it is certainly possible at least one cryptid exists, however most well known ones are very unlikely to be real.
>>
>>17466223
Magic does it exist? Perhaps. I believe magic is a product of the powers of the human mind.

How do you explain when, say, you think of someone, and then they happen to call you moments later on your phone or show up at your door.

Have you ever had a dream, where you saw something, a vision, perhaps you dreamt it snowed or perhaps their was great rain storm, only to awake the next day to see this happen?

With all we know of life, at the very base we are nothing but energy and light. Brought together by unknown forces, to lead lives of which the very nature are inexplicably beyond our understanding. We can see the pieces, but are unaware of why they are as they are.

Open your mind, see what it is you have not seen. Believe what you have not believed. Know the truth that has been taken from you.

We live in a time where humanity only believes in the mundane, where we allow ourselves to drowned out by our own doubts.

Magic is real, and there are human beings on this planet who hoard it's knowledge for their own purpose.

Don't ask for permission to understand, or to know what is real and what is not, teach yourself, unlock your own mind, only then will you be ready to face the mysteries of true magic.
>>
>>17466223
What's that from?
>>
>>17466223
Lol, "Do yoooou believe...???"
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.