[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the idea of this movie? Were there any 'truths'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

What was the idea of this movie? Were there any 'truths' in it?
>>
this film made me reconsider the way I treat women
>>
>>17462810
Yeah I was thinking about that. Didn't it trigger billions of tumblrinas when it came out?
>>
>>17462810

true that.

now i just get right to it and douse them in gasoline and watch them burn.
>>
>>17462823
>>17462829
>>17462810

Elaborate please. I though it was just a Neo-Kubrick exercise in aesthetics like Black Rainbow and Field in England
>>
>>17462829
>>17462823
>>17462810

I'll probably never watch this movie, care to fill me in anons?
>>
>>17462737
It's a movie about "Non-Biological Entities" (NBE's) who take over biological lifeform systems.
It explores several concepts that if one were to confess a myriad of which has a possibility of containing "truths" - that person would be deemed mentally ill.
The closer you get to the "truths" the closer you get to discrediting your sanity.
Its the security system of which the "truths" maintain... lest a profane slip in the door and taint the mysteries with their unworthy blood.
>>
>>17462851
You could interpret scarjo's character as a real woman who goes around and kills people. A childish psychopath. Concealed fuel for misogyny.

However this >>17462873 is what I'm looking for. I don't care about social issues that much.
I don't have a problem with how thinking about this film deeply will sound in my head. If you ask me, let it all out. We're all anonymous here. It's just you and the NSA server.
>>
File: 1350029702177.jpg (98KB, 776x602px) Image search: [Google]
1350029702177.jpg
98KB, 776x602px
>>17462851
>Neo-Kubrick exercise in aesthetics like Black Rainbow and Field in England
>>
You'll find more truths in the book it was based off of
>>
>>17462737
it was a HUNK OF JUNK that done ripped off "species" and was an excuse to get scorlotte jahansann's monkey tits floppin out b/c she's a dumb hore who likes attention and that's my opinion on this site ok
>>
>>17462858
An Ayyy in a female bodysuit abducts men of all shapes and sizes. It's different because "she" uses her van as opposed to a flying saucer to pick them up. I watched it high the first time and it blew me away. Give it a shot.
>>
boring and pretentious crap
and she ain't even nude, she was wearing a bodysuit in her "nude" scenes, that why her body looks pretty chubby and weird.

>reminder that an autist is got a 10yr jail sentence for leaking her nudes

fuck this movie
>>
>>17462737

Self-aware horror movie. It draws in your attention and makes you feel unsettled to generate loosh for the aliens in real life to slurp up. Viewers get drawn in by the seductive imagery, and then get their time and life-force sucked away watching hollywood propoganda.
>>
>>17463700
>>reminder that an autist is got a 10yr jail sentence for leaking her nudes
Leaking someone's nudes is wrong, however a 10 year sentence is over the top. Are you for real?
>>
>>17463752
It also makes you feel sympathy for the psychopath ET.
>>
>>17463892
how new are you? it was all over the news a few years back. to lazy to google it

>>17463752
best explanation so far
>>
>>17463946
I know about it, I've even see her nudes, I just didn't know the guy who did got 10 years. I don't usually pay much attention to that stuff.
>>
I thought it was an absolute pile of shit. I kept waiting for some kind of plot or backstory, but no, she just abducts random men because ayylmao.

It's artsy fartsy with extra fartsy.

Give it a miss.
>>
>>17464035
They wanted to play artsy fartsy but if they gave too much details and background it would ruin the mysterious atmosphere. I get what you're saying.
>>
I thought it was far better than the Babadook or the pile of steaming diarrhea that is Lake Mungo.
>>
>>17464087
I've heard the book's much better.

It was a decent attempt at something different I'll give it that. It just lacked something.

Scarlett probably wasn't the right choice.
>>
>>17462737

I just pirated the book and read the first third of it.... it's even more boring than the movie.

The movie is basically about naked scarlett johansenn, and "ooh, spoopy".

In the book the main character is supposed to be an ugly deformed alien with huge boob implants. The book goes on and on with pointless boring detail and filler, mentioning the main characters huge perfect boobs every other paragraph.
>>
>>17464035
this so much, hollywood can't into art. this movie tries too hard to be 2deep4u but it's simply crap

>>17464096
you're comparing 2 indie flicks with a high budget A list movie.
Babadook was gr8, if it wasn't for the overhype and it sold as horror when it was actually a well done abstract psycological drama, in the vein of Repulsion/Eraserhead/Melancholia
Lake Mungo was considered crap when it came out, it's gotten a cult following bcs so many FF shit movies came afterwards. It's just an ok movie
>>
>>17462737
Do you fucking twatcycles have a single fucking working brain cell in your heads? Look at this fucking post. "What was mur mur mur? DERP DERP DERP!" Just below, "What are redheads?!"

Do you fuckers ever think? Do you ever have anything to contribute? Or is your life just an endless stream of stupid, pointless fucking questions like this one?

OP GET OFF YOUR FUCKING ASS AND MAKE A THREAD THAT ACTUALLY HAS SOMETHING TO ADD TO /X/

Fucking retarded children I swear to fucking god...
>>
File: l.gif (193KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
l.gif
193KB, 320x240px
>>17464654
>>
>>17464654
Is this the latest cancerous namefag? They keep getting shittier by the minute.
>>
>>17464686
Soup is pretty established here, new beans, and most people consider his opinion pretty significant.

And he's right. Why can't OP actually contribute something? Maybe even just provide some of his own insights into the movie? Anything really, the OP is just stupid and pointless.
>>
>>17464694
I've been here since the days of The Splendid Vendor Xeno, and I've never encountered this namefag.
>>
>>17464702
>The Splendid Vendor Xeno

That be Soup the slice dawg.
>>
>>17464710
Nah, I doubt it.
>>
>>17464741
You're fucking stupid then.
>>
>>17464747
Relax, you spazoid moron. Who gives a rat's ass about who's who? Just put your lame ass name back on and move on.
>>
>>17464654
What makes you think I haven't contributed? There's some pretty interesting ideas ITT, they wouldn't be here if someone didn't ask a question. And of all the threads and shitposts you choose to bitch about this?
>>
>>17463674
I also agree with giving the film a try!
>>
>>17463666
Why would a kid like yourself be watching rated R movies anyway?
>>
>>17463666
Jace?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.