[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/OE8k-A9qKBQ?t=4178 I made a thread recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

File: Map.jpg (116KB, 819x400px) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
116KB, 819x400px
https://youtu.be/OE8k-A9qKBQ?t=4178

I made a thread recently regarding a suspicious disappearance in my town last year. The link posted is an author and ex-cop David Paulides discussing the case in relation to the smiley face murders.

I will post more information is others are interested, as David does not have all of the information which makes this truly a disturbing case.
>>
Go on..
>>
File: x.png (1008KB, 1151x687px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
1008KB, 1151x687px
>>17460259
Alright.

I come to you with an interesting piece that has left me quite dumbfounded and freaked the fuck out. I am from this town, and live probably a mile or so up the river. I've spent many nights fishing underneath this bridge, only to hear of this story after the fishing season ended.

Story: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/10/08/sheriff-body-of-missing-monticello-man-found-in-mississippi-river/

>The body was found approximately 300 yards south of the Minnesota 101 Bridge and 30 feet from shore. (PIC RELATED)

>Witnesses said Brunn, who was attending a wedding earlier on the night of Friday, Oct. 2, walked away from Boondox Bar and Grill in Otsego around 2 a.m. Saturday morning and wasn’t seen again. Some stated he walked into a cornfield near the Holiday Inn Twin Cities location in Otsego.

>That field, along with many others, was searched over the course of several days, until Brunn’s body was discovered by searchers in the river on the morning of Thursday, Oct. 8.
>>
>>17460270
Now, the issue I have with every story is literally the most horrifying and puzzling thing in this story. To preface, my girlfriend and her friend went to help the search party for the first few days.

I dont specifically remember when, but dogs picked up a trail that went the opposite way that people said he went, which was towards houses going the opposite way. The trail died underneath a streetlight at the corner of an intersection near a bunch of houses. My girlfriend's friend did the victim's mother's hair a while after that, and told her that same piece of information and talked about how nobody said anything about it to her, even though it didnt make sense.

(cont.)
>>
File: Smiley-Collage.jpg (23KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
Smiley-Collage.jpg
23KB, 400x367px
>>17460289
The smiley face killer has been deemed a hoax by the media. My problem with this is there are far too many similar incidents that have happened in such a small amount of time. Apparently, they are trying to re-open some of these cases because there has been suspected foul play. This is a map i found of the trail of the speculated killer(s).

A 23 year old man should have been able to find his way across a street into a hotel. If you walk out of the bar, you can see it. There is no reason for him to walk anywhere else. October was cold, far too cold to walk around at 2am. I've blacked out completely and walked a mile to get home, and didnt remember it. He allegedly was not that drunk.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2912548

Understandable if you guys are skeptical on the source, but it gives an idea of what the smiley face killer really is. I think it should be interpreted better, as to not blindly lump all of these random people into this one case. I'm sure many of them have just died from drowning....but honestly, this case is far too odd.
>>
File: x2.png (115KB, 785x667px) Image search: [Google]
x2.png
115KB, 785x667px
The red dotted line shows where they claim he went, the black line shows where he would have gone to go to holiday (the cornfield isnt between the two, so it makes no sense why he went through it) and the purple line represents where the dogs led them.

What the hell is happening here?
>>
File: facepalm-homer-simpson.jpg (69KB, 651x478px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm-homer-simpson.jpg
69KB, 651x478px
I'm pretty surprised /x/ has no interest in this story. Are you too busy writing signs on your palms trying to do magic, or trying to summon demons? Jesus christ guys what has this board come to?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 204x290px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 204x290px
You have peeked my interests OP.
>>
>>17460384
>peeked
*Piqued

>>17460371
Well, let's keep this thread going then....

Ignoring the fact that the dude in the video doesn't know how to pronounce exsanguination, I did find the ideas surrounding the smiley face killer(s) pretty intriguing.

With such a wide range of hunting grounds, you'd almost expect this to be the work of copycats as opposed to anything organized.

However, someone transient in nature, like a truck driver or similar occupation, might be logical to explore...
>>
>>17460424
The timelines dont mesh, if they were copycats there would be varying evidence (or any evidence, as none of these cases have any) and just the overall oddity of things that arent covered in the media and their interpretation of the story.

I have a similar one i ran across today due to the same video posted above. A man by the name of Jelani Brinson, a 24 year old who went missing while going out to smoke a cigarette late one night at a friends house.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3790120.shtml

He ended up in the golf course pond, eight days later. EIGHT DAYS LATER.

How the fuck, especially where people are daily, are you not found unless put there overnight? Not to mention where they found his shoe and hat across the street, and other things in a pipe nearby. People love to ignore the evidence and pretend things are okay.
>>
>>17460371
This evertime I come here lately all the threads are " how do I sell my soul" how I do divination" how I do sex magick" how I summon tulpa"
>>
>>17460522
Yes, quite fucking sick of the child shitposting here, i miss this place being the gold it use to be.

Thats literally the only reason why i brought this here, /x/ needs to go back to its roots.
>>
b-bump
>>
Obviously the jews
>>
File: Western_Cover_1.jpg (107KB, 466x640px) Image search: [Google]
Western_Cover_1.jpg
107KB, 466x640px
What does /x/ think of this? I have yet to go back to the 101 bridge to fish, mainly because it just got warm since then, but i've never had issue with anyone around that area. Keep in mind, i've been underneath that bridge until 2am some nights just fishing with friends.The river isnt usually very powerful at that point, so if he fell down the hill to the river he wouldnt go far.

If you find missing cases to be particularly interesting, this is a great book to get into, which apparently will be made into a movie soon.
>>
File: 31BiDC8Z54L._UX250_.jpg (10KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
31BiDC8Z54L._UX250_.jpg
10KB, 250x314px
>>17460625
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60vyOeV_fbc

A nice related video, missing 411-related. If /x/ doesnt love this, then i dont want to be here. Also

>The Paulides mustache 10/10
>>
>>17460637
/x/ has changed man
>>
>>17460637
I only come to /x/ for things like this and end up hiding 90% of threads that show up.
It's just full of shitty rp now, feels bad man
>>
>>17460654
>>17460681
agreed. I havent been back for a long while, which is why i came back with this one. Lets get back to it.

So, these two cases have a lot of correlating evidence between the two. Missing for extended periods of time, ending up in odd places of water, arguably being put at their final location. Any other missing cases /x/ has seen with similar evidence?
>>
Can someone explain all of the smiley face killings to me? this is literally the only interesting thing I have seen on /x/ in 4 months.
>>
>>17460773
For sure.

The smiley face killings are a string of supposed killings of white males that are found near rivers, drowned to death. OP's picture related, its the path of the supposed killer or killers. Posting related deaths.
>>
Please keep this going, I have several of David's books and grew up in Saint Paul. I remember several times growing up when college students would go missing and be found down the mississippi several months later. Even my father, ( a former cop) failed to give reasonable cause to their deaths.
>>
>>17460802
Cool. I'm between you and St. Cloud, there have been quite a few up here. I lived in St. Cloud for a period of time, and not until recently have i noticed people went missing during my time there. For how drunk i was all the time, im suprised i wasnt one of them.

>Dr. Lee Gilbertson, a St. Cloud State professor who specializes in the computer mapping of crime, has uncovered at least four startling coincidences among many of the missing/drowned victims:

>Victims tend to vanish between Thursday 10:00 PM and Sunday 4:00 PM, during the first half of the month.

>76% of the specific disappearances investigated, occured when "there's less than half of moon illumination."

>The victims were attending college within 50 miles of I-94 between Moorehead and East Lansing. "Why is it so tight along that snake -- along I-94? It should be spread out."

>The timeline of the drownings move in a consistent pattern. "East, west, east, west, east, west, north, south -- east, west, east, west, east, west, north, south. Now we start to see patterns that can't be explained."

This guy was on Larry King, from SCSU's criminal justice dept
>>
>>17460802
This is the best victim list i've seen so far.

http://vanceholmes.com/court/trial_missing.html

trying to find specifically minnesota cases.
>>
>>17460844
My parents were always super paranoid when my friends and I would hang out by the river at night. I remember stumbling home drunk several times, personally I would have had to put an effort into drowning myself on accident. It just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>17460844
>drunk people tend to die over the weekend during the part of the month closest to public assistance disbursements

oh wow. 2skoopy
>>
>>17460844
My parents were always super paranoid when my friends and I would hang out by the river at night. I remember stumbling home drunk several times, personally I would have had to put an effort into drowning myself on accident. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Also past two captchas asked me to identify rivers...
>>
>>17460881
totes, bro.

It was a piece that was in >>17460849
link
>>
>>17460881
Also, im hoping you understand there are more factors to these cases than just that point.
>>
The simple fact that if you fall down a hill into a river, you're going to get hurt before you get to the ground. None of these cases have these types of injuries. I find it hard to believe that people think that this is the case.
>>
Serial killer or group of serial killers, thoughts?
>>
Love David Paulides, Missing 411 is some freaky shit.
>>
Jake Anderson was a 19-year old freshman from the U of Minnesota

>KMSP-TV is reporting the following:

>Family members told Fox 9 their son was walking a girl home from a party and while walking back, he somehow ended up down the steep bank next to the bridge, possibly slipping and falling on the ice. No one can figure out how he got there, just that he couldn't get back up.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office released few details Monday, but said he was found dead at 600 Main St. SE, cause and manner of death pending further studies.
>>
>>17460989
I love that stuff, been listening to it since Joe Brunn was brought up recently. Its fucking insane to think this kid died like a mile away from here, and to hear David Paulides talking about it.

>mfw he pronounces monticello "montichello"
>>
>>17460974
Either someone who can easily move along rivers; transient, trucker etc. Or less likely a gang. I feel like if it was a gang killing in the midwest you would have clearer evidence of homicide; ie stab wounds, physical trauma, bullet wounds.
>>
>>17460305
If the white road reconnects to the orange highway, its likely he was picked up, killed, then dropped off.
I used to work near the border in Texas, we had some strange things happen here too.
>be me border patrol
>between Big Bend and Laredo, dont remember where exactly
>see something weird on the side of the road, stands out as it was the middle of summer and the flowers were all bright yellow alongside the road
>pull over and get out
>its a fucking hand
>>
>>17461022
No, the area in question is high above that area. So if he got picked up and/or dropped off he wouldnt be able to jump down to the ground which isnt possible.
>>
>>17461022
This is the problem i have, though. Its a big "if", mainly because the dogs led police the opposite way through houses, all the way under a street light. They were telling people to look in their backyards for a couple days. Then nothing. But they arent pursuing the idea that someone picked him up there, and ended up in the river.

There was a similar case i was reading about in the smiley face murders.

>"Chris was abducted in a cargo van. He was driven around Minneapolis
for hours and tortured. He was taken down to the Mississippi River and
he was murdered. And after that -- his body was positioned and taken to
a different spot and then to a different point in the Mississippi River."
-- Jan Jenkins
>>
File: brandonswanson.jpg (82KB, 538x640px) Image search: [Google]
brandonswanson.jpg
82KB, 538x640px
Here you go, Brandon Swanson is the first one on this list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McLMOf1n-AY
>>
It seems like a hefty load for one serial killer. But a gang killing seems just as odd. The concensus also seems to be that these deaths can't be attributed to mere accident.
>>
File: x22.png (115KB, 785x667px) Image search: [Google]
x22.png
115KB, 785x667px
>>17461114
I'm not sure why i forgot this until just now. Every time i drive across that bridge, on the opposite side theres a random bench. There is no way to get to this bench unless you walk through the field or underneath the bridge right by the water. Pic related. I always look at that bench and think "...who the fuck uses that?"

I wonder if someone was there, since its allegedly his path.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (20KB, 221x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
20KB, 221x200px
OP here. I'm off for tonight, ill be posting a similar thread tomorrow, attempting to do this daily with missing cases. Find something interesting? Save it for tomorrow.

Until then.
>>
>>17461354
>.gif
Nope
>>
>>17461354
Cool,
This is one of my favourite threads, it's actually spookt me good.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.