[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I think I have a haunted gameboy. The past few nights I s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
So I think I have a haunted gameboy. The past few nights I started to notice a weird high pitch wailing in the background while playing Super Mario Land 2. I kind of wrote it off as wind because it sort of sounded like spooky wind blowing outside, sort of intermittent and high pitched. Then I noticed it kept going even with the volume all the way down. I tried it with other cartridges and it seems to be something within the gameboy itself thats doing it. I uploaded a link to a recording I made of the sound, boosted the volume because it's pretty quiet. It's a clear DMG Gameboy with a backlight mod like the one in the picture. Have a listen with your headphones turned up so you can hear it.
Link to the sound:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0AtiOENmPDr
>>
Don't know how to say this senpai, but your gameboy is about to break, I am sorry for your loss
>>
so you are using GameBoy in 2016
thats itself a night mare senpai
>>
Has Gunpei Yokoi come back to us?
>>
>>17422552
> old game system is malfunctioning
> PArAnorMAL AcTivITy!!!!!!
>>
>>17422567
Yeah it's sort of a masochistic hobby. you spend hours modding a 30 year old game system and then watch it slowly crumble in your hands. I'm pretty fucked up.
>>
Wen I turn the key in my car, the engine growls... 3spoopy5me!
>>
>>17422552
I never considered modding a gameboy, I use a clear atomic purple gameboy color a lot because it's the only thing I can really manage to do while also working. How did you go about modding yours? Did you do it yourself?
>>
I recently bought an old copy of Link to the Past, even though my Super Nintendo sometimes takes a while to get a game started (I have to reset it a dozen times before the screen will load).

Well I got it to load, and left the title screen running while I got some drink and snacks to get comfy. It goes into the demo-mode story segment. Then the screen blacks out, and I hear the drum of rain from the beginning of the game, and the sound effect from when you die.

Little 2spoopy.
>>
>>17423045
oh shit, your nes cart is possessed by Satan for sure. Put a circle of salt around it each night.
>>
>>17423053
I keep it in a jar of holy water currently. I hope it still works later.
>>
>>17423045
it's possible it might have some sorry of haunting but with such an older console it's hard to say if its crapping out. N even then it could be the cartridge or the system itself. Id say if you have any new segments of the game that wernt there before and are creepy then that confirms its spoopysnes
>>
The only true haunting Ive seen was with the Gameboy original. You need a Gameboy original no color or advance ones. Get the RPG game Final Fantasy Legend III and get to the first boss battle with the nematoad. Save the game before fighting him and turn off the Gameboy.

Place the game cartridge backwards into the slot with the resolution on max. Turn it on and you'll be at the main menu screen as usual. When you start the game you'll have just the main character in your party with the other three members replaced with 0 HP and tombstone sprites. The map screen is really glitch with random blocks and the same boss battle you can go into but this time the boss sprite is replaced with what looks like a frowning face and really odd music. The game freezes then. It may not sound all that spooky but its worth a shot.
>>
>>17423173

cartridges can't be put in backwards in a gameboy.
"resolution" can't be adjusted either.
>>
>>17423415
He might be talking about the tint control on the gameboy pocket
>>
Does anyone have final fantasy 3 for gameboy that can at least attempt this theory?
>>
>>17423173
Isn't that just a glitch?
>>
File: 1454324780830.png (46KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1454324780830.png
46KB, 557x605px
>>17422567
>mfw I exclusively play my old GB games on Super Gameboy for SNES
>>
>>17423173
Bullshit, the pins on the ROM chip won't even connect if the cart is backwards
>>
This is my first time on /x/. you people are literally retarded.
>>
File: zikachu.jpg (369KB, 635x624px) Image search: [Google]
zikachu.jpg
369KB, 635x624px
>>17423034
I did and it was pretty easy. You can order a lighting kit for a gameboy color for about $10. You'll just need to also order a tri-wing screwdriver to get those weird nintendo screws out. Also you'll need some basic soldering skills. It makes for a pretty cool effect in the end, and gameboy in the dark is a cool novelty.
>>
File: pE5Az.jpg (116KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
pE5Az.jpg
116KB, 435x435px
>>17425125
That shit is creme de la creme you majestic fuck.
>>
>>17423173
Instructions unclear, destroyed my gameboy by trying to shove the cartridge in backwards like a complete fucking retard.
>>
>>17422552
>I have a gameboy
>maxresdefault.jpg
>>
>>17422552
>be op
>Write a poorly constructed creepypasta about how gameboy is totally haunted
>shit post about is on /x
>act like they are unrelated
>cry self to sleep
>>
>>17422567
Go back to your flappy bird millennial.
>>
>>17422552
bump for interest
>>
>>17423045
Make a video, that sounds pretty webm worthy.
>>
>>17427579
>be anon
>attempt coherency
>can no coherent
>make no sense
>>
>>17427103
Reading comprehension, anon. Reading comprehension.
>>
>>17422552
Replace c34 on the main board to remove the noise.
Trust me.
>>
File: 1456499215785.jpg (15KB, 716x724px) Image search: [Google]
1456499215785.jpg
15KB, 716x724px
>>17422552
lol, really? This is the best /x/ can do now?
>>
>>17422552
You know it could be a ghost manipulating your game boy.
>>
>>17427593
>hipster shit calling anyone a millennial
>>
>>17429650
Kinda hard to believe that guy still posts here. Did someone accidentally use the word once so that he was convinced he wasn't the only one using it?
>>
Haunted gay boy. That's a new one on /x/.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.