[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't it eerie how there aren't any fatally dangerous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 27

File: image.jpg (194KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 1360x768px
Isn't it eerie how there aren't any fatally dangerous animal species that can rival humans? In the age of dinosaurs. There were anacondas 30 feet long (named titanoboas). Horrific gigantic predators that ate sharks while simultaneously eating any moving thing on land (spinosaures). T-Rex's with the reputation of the deadliest dinosaur that roamed the earth. 50 foot, 4 dozen ton blood thirsty sharks.(megalodon). 40 foot long ruthless crocodiles (named sarcosuchus). Dinosaur killing machines with literal armor protection that grew 30 feet in length (ankylosaurus). And now, as humans in this day and age can go literally anywhere on Earth and not have to worry about getting eaten by animals that would have absolutely destroyed us at first contact?

Look at today's most dangerous animals. They're preschool kids compared to the homicidal things that walked the earth millions of years ago. Our dangers of today are mosquitos. And we can set up lights to zap them now. Sure there's a lion and shark attack every now and then. But they're not in critical danger of ending the human race.

My point is it all just seems too perfect. Too good to be true. There's no water animal or land animal that we truly have to watch out for. Why isn't there? What makes our timing so right? If Trex's lived today, humans would have to make them extinct to servive. Yet there's no such animal hunt. Sure we have to kill rats and coyotes to save livestock. But they aren't endangering the human race.

What if there was such an animal that some humans took care of? But for reasons unknown, the majority weren't told about. Or instead this could all add to proof of a Matrix. Or proof of God. It's all just too faultless. Too absolute. What do you think?
>>
Our dominant role on earth certainly holds us to a higher standard, doesn't it?

It doesn't...
>>
>>17364529
We intentionally killed them off OP
>>
>>17364529
Dude we havent even discovered more than 10% of the Earth's species. chill.
>>
>>17364529
Oxygen
>>
>>17364529
You make a valid point OP. The general thinking is that the asteroid killed off the dinosaurs but i do find it strange that all the sea monsters died off as well.
>>
>>17364529
>Why isn't there?

Because we stabbed them with pointy objects. Bro, do you even Darwin?

Humans, millions of years ago, were small rat-like marsupials scavenging around in the shit hiding from the big boys. Shit happened, and our competitors struggled, leaving a gap for us to literally grow into.

Being a preyed-upon yet sociable shit-eater... Our diets changed, and we grew into an ape-like beast with more brains than brawn, unfortunately for our competitors, until we became the Hunters.

On land, in groups, we are the Apex predator. Jump into the sea and see how long you last against a shark.
>>
>>17364577
Ice ages. I think we're on our 7th ice-age.. or is it 8. There's one every 500,000 years that pretty much puts the Northern US under 2 miles of ice. The oceans literally freeze.

Guess when the next ones due..?

50,000 years time. And there's NO stopping it, not even global warming,
>>
>>17364606

Also, fun tip of the day: If Yellowstone blows, and covers the Earth in ash, it could kick-start the Ice-Age.

And guess when Yellowstone is due to erupt..?

Any day now. It's actually overdue.
>>
>>17364529
They were killed off on purpose. You can still go out in the middle have fun with a Grizzly or Polar Bear or something. They will kill you. You can go to the jungle and be eaten by jaguars and panthers.
>>
>>17364564
I never knew that
>>
>>17364529
Most fruits and vegetables are scaled for humans too.
>>
>>17364529
>If there were alive today they would be a massive threat to our entire species
In the ice age there was some pretty monstrous creatures, we killed them with pointy sticks simply by playing it smart.
Humans are pack predators like wolves, we got where we are today by being smart and you can bet your ass we'd survive a few oversized lizards. We'd probably domesticate t-rexes thousands of years ago if we had the chance and these days walk around with mini versions of them in Gucci purses
>>
>>17364572
This anon is correct. The atmosphere doesn't yield the oxygen needed to fuel the bodies of titanic creatures with enough muscle to support the frame. Info is pretty easy to get with a google or two.
Just watch MMA to see how oversized muscles works out for athletes over longer than 2 minutes. These are people wholly within human specs and the skinny, more economically built guy will win if the march goes past the 1st round. Not enough oxygen to keep the behemoth moving.
>inb4 outlier stats
It's called doping. Thanks for playing though.
>>
>>17364714
[X files theme song]
>>
File: giraffe-and-human1.png (17KB, 300x454px) Image search: [Google]
giraffe-and-human1.png
17KB, 300x454px
>>17364797

How titantic are we talking?
>>
File: Tyrannosaurus_rex-human_0505.jpg (183KB, 2528x1058px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrannosaurus_rex-human_0505.jpg
183KB, 2528x1058px
>>17364821

Also, people wrongly assume that the planet was covered in T-Rex and co. Even back then we (mammals) probably out-numbered them 10,000-1. They were big clumsy lizards reliant on a warm, moist environment. Once they left the water they were doomed to fail.
>>
>>17364529
its pretty simple, evolutionarily. if something existed that could kill primitive humans, we killed them first. sabre tooth cats? extinct. giant boars capable of skewering a man? extinct. we were smarter, and we killed off all the competition. so now, evolved as we are, we are left in a vaccuum, unopposed
>>
>>17364797
If the current oxygen levels can't support behemoths. How do you explain your mom? Hehe
>>
File: 6274y2342918.jpg (16KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
6274y2342918.jpg
16KB, 300x361px
>thinking man's rival for Earth is bigger than man, and didn't win eons ago
>>
This is how evolution and natural selection works.
They were naturally selected out and thus we evolved and filled the void
>>
>>17364837
>lizards
>>
>>17364564
That's not true. We've probably discovered a majority of mammals, fish, and birds. Its the tiny things like bacteria, viruses, insects, arachnids, etc that we probably have hardly scratched the surface on.
>>
>>17364797
>it's called doping
Not necessarily. If a muscular dude has better cardio than a skinny dude, he can keep up
>>
>>17364926
turks have only existed for a few hundred years
>>
File: asteroid_7.jpg (278KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
asteroid_7.jpg
278KB, 1920x1280px
>>17364928
>Natural Selection
>>
File: 1454420633341.jpg (9KB, 200x216px) Image search: [Google]
1454420633341.jpg
9KB, 200x216px
>>17364999
>>
>>17365016
That asteroid naturally collided with Earth
>>
File: 1336187962335.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1336187962335.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>17364999
>>
>>17364622
REad that as Yahweh Stone. I'm so drunk. Death to the Demiruge1
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 512x288px
>>17364529
There is an animal we have to watch out for, m8. It's ourselves.
See, being the apex predator of all known life doesn't mean anything good.
It means that this whole time that end-of-days scenario we fantasize about will most likely be caused by humans. Until we discover tyranids are real, human will continue to be the greatest threat to life in all of the known universe.

I mean, if we really wanted to, we could actually end life on earth. Forever.
Not even mother nature has been able to do that.

We were the baddies the whole time.
>whatatwist.gif
>>
any /sci/fags know if there are any theories related to an idea i thought of? basically: if you eliminate large problems (getting rid of predators to humans, etc) will always create more smaller problems (disease, overpopulation, social and political relations, etc) to balance the missing problem. i don't necessarily mean natural selection but that if you get rid of a problem there will be another or several new smaller problems that arise so there's always something to worry about, from giant predators eating you to a nuclear war
>>
File: 1423755495517.png (807KB, 982x980px) Image search: [Google]
1423755495517.png
807KB, 982x980px
>>17364999
>>
>>17365250
Behold a world with no large problems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
>>
>>17364933
You know what I meant.

I use the terms "mammals" and "lizards" loosely, although I admit, "Lizard" wasn't the best choice, neither was "Mammal".

I fucked up, didn't I?

Screw you and your acute observational skills.
>>
>>17365279
>screw you and your acute observational skills
;_;
I'm sorry, anon. Can we be friends?
>>
File: wtfyo.png (446KB, 923x483px) Image search: [Google]
wtfyo.png
446KB, 923x483px
not paranormal.

shill argument. Prove there are not these species.

why are you even on x? We are the only food water and air for 200,000 lightyears dipshit
>>
>>17364606
>There's one every 500,000 years
>Guess when the next ones due..?
>50,000 years time.

So were currently in an ending ice age?
>>
>>17365315
No it starts in 50,000 years time. We're coming to the end of an Interglacial period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future
>>
>>17364606
Ice age is the least of humanities concerns atm
>>
Because man is God for man was created in the image of God and Christ said the kingdom of heaven is within you. Man is divine. Other creatures are not.
>>
>>17365292

No I hate you.

Ok then maybe.
>>
>>17364583
We are in no way apex predators. There are animals that happily prey on us. Hungry wolves/dogs will tear you apart, a big cat would fuck you up, a crocodile would be done with you in seconds.
>>
File: tiger-snarl-close-up.jpg (130KB, 989x742px) Image search: [Google]
tiger-snarl-close-up.jpg
130KB, 989x742px
>>17364529
>Isn't it eerie how there aren't any fatally dangerous animal species that can rival humans?

OP confirmed for massive retard who knows nothing about animals and has never watched any nature documentaries either.
>>
>>17365418
Don't people take on crocs? We can also handle wolfs and dogs pretty easily.
>>
>>17365418
Group of Men Vs Group of Wolves?

Obviously our tree-climbing skills would render us invincible. We can also build traps and use weapons, rocks, fire. The Wolves wouldn't stand a chance. Crocs are dumb as fuck, if you put rope in its mouth it will literally tie its own mouth together doing its death spin.

In a group vs group I reckon we can take on 99% of all animals, easy. Obviously big beasts like Elephants, Whales are not so easy
>>
>>17364529
It is very biologically expensive to be a large predator.

Most dinosaurs did not have any pathways of evolution that would lead them to rival us in the present day. They had very simple brains, and many of them had extremely limited range of motion.
>>
Op your playing ark on Xbox aren't you...
>>
>>17365418
But we can extinct them. We can eat them. I have eaten them.
Maybe not with claws or anything, but with guns, traps and poison.
Where I live, it used to be infested with swamp critters and crocs. Now there is a fucking city over it.
It obviously isn't a good thing. So much power at hand for a barely sentient ape. We can't even live for a century without polluting the shit out of our planet.
>>
>>17365016
kek
>>
>>17365418
>>17365424
I think OP meant that no animal poses a serious threat to the human race as a whole. 1 on 1 a tiger would destroy a human, but we're making them go extinct by accident, there's only a couple thousand of them left, and there are a lot of dangerous animals only alive because we as a species allow them to exist. If we were to declare war on any species, they wouldn't stand a fraction of a chance against us.

Tl;dr Dangerous animals are a joke compared to humans
>>
>>17364921
#rekt
>>
File: Змей_Горыныч.jpg (111KB, 718x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Змей_Горыныч.jpg
111KB, 718x1000px
>>17364529
>What if there was such an animal that some humans took care of? But for reasons unknown, the majority weren't told about.
You were told, m8.
>>
>>17366186
If I were to make a list of things that probably don't exist but which I wish did, dragons would be near the top.
>>
Sure we're small, but those examples you used in the OP wouldn't stand a chance against us now either. We have opposable thumbs, a complex brain, and we have the ability to walk upright. Those three things make it so there's no creature that can wipe us out. Only other upright, thumbed, and intelligent creatures can do it
>>
You people are fucking retarded. Its not "eerie" that there happen to be no large predators coexistant with humans. Rather its BECAUSE the big dangerous animals died out that we were able to evolve, fill niches and ultimately get to where we are. OPs post is like saying its "eerie" that water takes the shape of whatever container its in.its a common fallacy, in the same vein as "isnt it strange that were the only sentient lifeforms in the universe". Look up the anthropic principal.
>>
>>17364622

Any day now in geological terms can mean tomorrow or centuries.
>>
>>17365378
Fuck off. Stop over-simplifying shit.
>>
>>17365545
Yeah, that's because we've collectivised and improved communication and knowlege preservation. Human society is very powerfull but humans are not apex predators. While we know how to hunt and kill them where they aren't a threat to us today humans before the last 10000 years didn't. Even today people die in hunting accidents because those more powerfull preditors can kill you easily, it's thinking that lets us do this.
>>
>>17367096
Simplicity is the key to brilliance.
>>
>>17365264
Jesus fuck, we're doomed.
>>
>>17364529
It's almost as if we've spent thousands of years murderizing the shit out of the bears, hippos, big cats, feral dogs, elk, elephants, bison, crocodiles, alligators, and wolves that came near our settlements.

Guess at some point in time we figured dying to animals sucks. :^)

Go somewhere far from civilization, OP. You'll find all variety of animals that are frightfully good at killing you if they so desire.
>>
I have a theory that since much of the ocean is undiscovered, some creatures similar to the ones you mentioned are down there.
>>
>>17364529
They also had much, much more time to evolve than us. There is more time between Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus than tyrannosaurus and us.
>>
That's because it's our time right now. Most species like that fie out because the earth changes un some way that they can no longer feasibly survive and be dominant. Conditions change to that in which they can't be at the top of the food chain anymore. Right now, the conditions on out planet are just right that they allow us to be the dominant ones. The next time an ice age comes around, it'll be some other furry mammal that takes over and so on and so on until the sun explodes.
>>
File: image.gif (565KB, 568x283px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
565KB, 568x283px
>>17364529
We once did live at the same time as giant predators like massive birds, bears, wolves, saber tooth tigers, etc. Humans changed the ecosystem so that giant superpredators (who were too specialized and ate the same prey as humans) were unable to survive the ice-age or the influence of humans. Their smaller predecessors are the miniature wolves, bears, felines and birds we have today.

For instance, giant maneating Eagles lived in New Zealand up to a few hundred years ago, but when it was more colonized, they were intentionally destroyed, as well as the 12 foot tall Moa that they hunted. Basically, we live like this because of the effect we had on the ecosystem.
>>
>>17364837
They lasted millions of years. Hardly "doomed to fail".
>>
>>17364837
Not entirely. Polar dinosaurs did exist, although the climate wasnt as cold as today. Dinosaurs are among the most successful group of animals that have ever lived in the history of the planet.
For those who still think the 'Sluggish and clumsy lizards' idea in this day and age, I recommend 'The Dinosaur Heresies' by Robert Bakker. Great book and most of his ideas expressed are accepted today.
>>
Dinosaurs never existed.
>>
>>17368520
> Dinosaur Heresies
My nigga. Sadly, I never finished it after reafing through it a few years back. How much of the information presented still holds up?
>>
>>17364984

>If a muscular dude has better cardio than a skinny dude

Thats like saying 'if a fat dude can run faster than a skinny dude, he'll win a race'

No shit, sherlock. The fact is though that the muscular dude is inclined to have less cardio due to his size and the oxygen needs of his body
>>
File: 1443328149868.png (11KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1443328149868.png
11KB, 450x450px
>>17368532
>>
>>17365418
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=akd-FwpoGLQ

Yes we are. Our species are the worst monsters to ever walk the earth. There is a reason why our planet is dying.
>>
>>17364529
Badass demigods and regular gods killed off all of the monsters that would constitute a threat to our existence during the Age of Heroes. Then things got all boring and gay so we had nothing left to fight on this planet but each other.
>>
>>17364553
The meteor that killed them was an alien superweapon designed by our creators

They found a suitable planet and wanted to make it more habitable for us to grow up on

Now they monitor our development, one day they will reveal their intentions, or maybe we will be long extinct when they return to their observation post

Maybe they are extinct...and we are the remnants of an ancient civilizations crowning achievement, the creation of a self-sustaining lifeform
>>
>>17364529
>My point is it all just seems too perfect. Too good to be true
Are you fucking retarded?

Is it not obvious that we killed off every legitimate rival species years ago?
>>
>>17364529
>isn't it eerie
There is actually an impressive amount of animals species extremely lethal to human beings. Most any creature with a good neurotoxin can get the job done.

>dinosaurs
The comet wiped them out and drastically altered the environment. Smaller species survived because their biology could adapt faster than some incredibly massive beast could.
>today's predators are preschoolers
Again that depends. A lot of the real predators are packing venom/poisons that could do in animals much larger than them.
>mosquitos
Spiders, snakes, octopus, jellyfish etc.
>critical danger of ending the human race
And is that not a testament to how dangerous they were? We killed off a large amount of them because they were dangerous. And don't forget the bubonic plague. That was just caused by some dirty fleas.
>seems too good
A lot of people married for more than 20-30 years say that about their spouse.
>Trexs
If dinosaurs were still alive. We wouldn't be.
>>
A huge, slow turn radius is what killed the dinosaurs. Everyone knows that.
>>
>>17367690
You would be right, my friend. Giant Squid discovery, anyone?
>>
File: 1450230982860.gif (3MB, 419x319px) Image search: [Google]
1450230982860.gif
3MB, 419x319px
>>17364529
T-Rexes had feathers and were scavengers, Retard. GTFO and go to the Alien threads, you degenerate.
>>
Dinosaurs/other beasts had millions of years to become what they were. Humans/other current animals are barely a blip on the clock.
>>
File: GIANT ENEMY CRAB.jpg (123KB, 892x963px) Image search: [Google]
GIANT ENEMY CRAB.jpg
123KB, 892x963px
>>17369739
awwwwwwww yeaaahhhh, anon you know my jam.
>>
>>17364529
There was a rival species. We murdered them and interbred (raped) some of them as well. They were called Neanderthals. They were physically superior, but not mentally. Matured too fast to learn as much as young homo sapiens.
>>
>>17367416
No worries. Illuminati's our backs.
>>
>>17365454
There's a video on YouTube of some tribe people killing and bringing a whale to shore with spears and rowboats
>>
>>17367684

Animals only (usually) kill things that they either plan on eating, cross it's boundaries, or stands in the way of it getting a fuck, like how a Lion will kill cubs in order to encourage the female to give up the P.

Animals have no interest in killing us unless we're a problem.
>>
Crocodiles have been reported to actively hunt humans, meaning they recognize a human as a prey item and go after it as a source of food.
>>
>>17371065
But we're usually a problem due to not being able to recognize animal territories. We're also often a good snack. Also also, Polar bears kill humans 4noraisin.
>>
>>17371050
Exactly.

We can take most animals on 1v1 but when it comes to big game, like whales, we need to work in groups otherwise it's hopeless.

Lets face it, we are the smartest motherfuckers on the planet and we have altered the environment to suit our needs. We've learned how to avoid danger so well that life expectancy is only limited by our bodies ability to regenerate. If we wanted to we could end this planet.

Earth has been genetically engineered by us. We are kings.

Inb4 Dolphins are smarter. No they're not, Dolphins are shit. I have an iphone, Dolphins don't have an iphone. I have a bathroom. Dolphins swim about in their own shit.
>>
>>17369772
>They were physically superior, but not mentally.

They likely were mentally superior too. Current ideas on what brought down Neanderthals are energy needs. Homo Sapiens needed less food for the same activities.

http://www.evoanth.net/2014/02/11/one-less-reason-the-neanderthals-went-extinct/

Or the competing hypothesis - climate change and population drops.

>But if Neanderthals were so smart, why did they go extinct? “That’s a question we’ll never really have an answer to,” says Clive Finlayson, who runs the Gibraltar Museum, “though it doesn’t stop any of us from putting forth some pretty elaborate scenarios.” Many researchers are loath even to speculate on the cause of Neanderthals’ demise, but Finlayson suggests that a combination of climate change and the cumulative effect of repeated population busts eventually did them in. “I think it’s the culmination of 100,000 years of climate hitting Neanderthals hard, their population diving during the cold years, rebounding some during warm years, then diving further when it got cold again,” Finlayson says.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/rethinking-neanderthals-83341003/?no-ist=&fb_locale=pt_PT&page=1
>>
>>17364837
>They were big clumsy lizards reliant on a warm, moist environment.
T-Rex(and other predatory dinosaurs) were likely to be warm-blooded.
Also, dinosaur feathers were a thing.
>>
>>17366258
this
>>
>>17371083
There are cases where wild animals sometimes just go ape-shit, but it's rare. I'm not too familiar with Polar Bears' habits.

There was an incident in India a few years ago where a group of Elephants attacked a village and started killing it's occupants for apparently no reason. Group of Elephants just turned up and started mashing shit up and breaking people for keks.
>>
>>17369138
A lot is still very relevant really. Of course there is the whole "feather" thing that Bakker discusses but his beliefs on metabolism and movement are usually agreed on still.
>>
>>17371254
By feathers I mean the obvious thing agreed upon, not disproved
>>
>>17371127
>go ape-shit
You mean fight wars over territory and water use?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/685381.stm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War
>>
Guns, germs, and steel
>>
>>17365418
But we make fighter jets. Is there any animal that can go up against a fighter jet?
>>
>>17364714
>>17364816

Domesticated food, you assholes.
>>
>>17364692
pssst that's because it's false
>>
>>17373388
Im with this guy. We have designed weapons that can annihilate the entire planet plus we fuck like bunny rabbits so we out populate all other species as a whole.
>>
You faggots have it all the other way round. Humans are so dominant because there is no predator to hunt them. There is a certain perception bias here of course, due to us being both humans and observers of this of course.
>>
File: 1452960852157.jpg (47KB, 327x303px) Image search: [Google]
1452960852157.jpg
47KB, 327x303px
>>17364999
kek'd and check'd
>>
What if we were an experimental living species bred by aliens to be used as soldiers in a galactic war or something
>>
File: 3556107-0799838502-Patri.jpg (14KB, 382x302px) Image search: [Google]
3556107-0799838502-Patri.jpg
14KB, 382x302px
>>17364999
>>
>>17364529
Bears? They dangerous
>>
>>17364837
Dinosaurs were warm blooded
they weren't "clumsy"
And they weren't lizards

If a similar catastrophic extinction even were to occur now similar to the one that killed off the dinosaurs then mammals would lose their spot as the dominant clade just as the dinosaurs did. In millions of years the descendants of the small generalists species like mice, lizards, and birds will be the dominant mega fauna of today.
>>
>>17369319

Did you ever play Xenogears?
>>
>>17369165
So dinosaurs didn't exist, but the devil does?
Also how did he get hold of the bones?
>>
>>17364529
we could kill t rex
>>
>>17364529
In a purely mental and pysical sense theres not a more dominant species but there are bacteria, virus' that could wipe humans out. Also jellyfish that are taking over parts of the ocean with no real threat to their lives. Say they take over the entire ocean. That would lead to the end of humans. Ultimately the humans are the biggest threats to humans.
>wake and bake thoughts
>high as shit
>>
>>17364529
Dinosaurs evolved from already huge reptiles, but when the asteroid struck it left only small mammals, we had to evolve from small mice.
>>
>>17364972
>probably
>we've barely mapped the depths of the ocean
>we discover 100s of new species every year

>>17364583
>>17364926
>i for one welcome our new insect overlords
>>
Lots of idiots in here, humans dominate the world because of brains, period.
>>
>>17368532
>>17369165
>>17374721
It's just Jesus' bones rearranged
>>
>>17364529
There were no dinosaurs that could rival humans as there were no dinosaurs that were more intelligent than us. And we wouldn't have to make T-Rex's extinct to survive them today. Hell, we'd put those fuckers in zoos.
>>
File: sleestak.jpg (13KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
sleestak.jpg
13KB, 270x400px
>>17375289
We don't know that. There might have been humanoid reptiles for all we know. Lizard people/dino people. The fossil record, to put it mildly, is spotty at best. The first chimp fossil was only found a handful of years ago. Pic related.
>>
File: 1453545434851.png (55KB, 848x724px) Image search: [Google]
1453545434851.png
55KB, 848x724px
>>17374427
>post yfw Imperium of man is real and our planet is getting drafted soon
>>
>>17365418
Groups of men are the apex predator
>>
>>17364529
>Too good to be true.

This.
>>
>>17364999
Love this comment
>>
File: 84917454.jpg (25KB, 437x459px) Image search: [Google]
84917454.jpg
25KB, 437x459px
>>17365418
Are you kidding me? We, as humans, have created an atomic bomb. Fuck fighting with teeth, nails and fists. Our intelligence far outweighs any brawn of any other species.
>>
>>17375578

Every knife in the planet is the deadliest knife ever.
>>
>>17367897
You got a source to back up that statement about giant man eating eagles? Just cause Lord of the Rings was shot In New Zealand doesn't put Middle-Earth next to Auckland.
>>
>>17375578
>what is stab and twist
>>
>>17364577
That's the ash clouds. Any large reptile wouldn't be able to get enough sunlight to properly heat itself up and would thus die.

>>17364529
Wow, it's crazy what civilisation can do to ward off threats such as predators and other dangerous wildlife. We don't die by wildlife because we don't live in the fucking wild anymore. Those that do, die more frequently. In prehistory I'm sure there were tons of deaths by the various creatures of the Earth that could and did fuck our shit up. Wolves come to mind, for example, but we domesticated some and killed more, then population centres grew and they all learned to more or less stay away. If things are "too perfect" now it's because we made it that way, not just by some coincidental happenstance or the work of some overlord.
>>
>>17364529
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustave_%28crocodile%29
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 1477x1180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 1477x1180px
>>17364529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGMYdalClU

Mankind has all that and more.

We were given the greatest ability of all.

Knowledge.
>>
>>17375623
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haast's_eagle

It's physically possible that they killed and ate humans, and the Maori have legends saying such, but no documented cases.
>>
File: 879066.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
879066.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>17365195
>We were the baddies the whole time
we even have skulls
>>
>>17375946

Senior-thesis-at-liberal-community-college tier
>>
>>17375946
We are given our knowledge from books, you need to read a book a day to receive your proper amount of knowledge and get your Hollywood hills Lamborghini.
>>
>>17376201
If it was predatory or territorial then it's very likely that the eagle attacked humans, but it probably only tried to eat them during dire circumstances. An eagle of that size is probably smart enough to attack smaller prey more often, rather than larger more dangerous prey once.
>>
>>17364529

Ignoring the fact that even dinosaurs would not pose a threat to humanity as a whole, humanity would not exist at all if it weren't for the conditions that the planet exists in right now. And, those very same conditions are why dinosaurs and all those other massive dangerous animals went extinct.

Whether due to an ice age or dust cloud from a meteor impact or a combination of the two, plants died off in massive numbers. It was no longer feasible for an herbivore to be massive. There just wasn't enough for them to eat. And, as a result, the large herbivores died off. All that were left were the small herbivores. And, they were too hard to catch for the tiny amount of nutrients and energy they provided.

In short, if you were large, you starved to death. And, if you were small, you survived by being smarter. The smarter animals lived longer to provide their genes to the next generation. Blah blah blah evolution. Humanity.

If conditions did not change to the point that simply being large and terrifying wasn't enough any more, I suspect that we wouldn't have anything on this planet intelligent enough to be having this conversation right now.

So, fuck off Pixar. Your movie makes no sense.
>>
File: moa species.png (39KB, 440x306px) Image search: [Google]
moa species.png
39KB, 440x306px
>>17376418
Their primary prey was Moa, a species of bird larger than them. Both birds, however, were likely hunted to extinction by humans. They likely went after the smaller two sizes, upward limit of say 100kg.
>>
File: 1437718661729.jpg (190KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1437718661729.jpg
190KB, 800x500px
>>17371103
Fucking this. Sure we don't have the best physical weapons, but our brain has turned out to be the deadliest weapon of them all.

My nigga.
>>
>>17369165
>demons created dinosaur bones and buried them

this is just the most awesome version of history.
>>
>>17371111
Fucking faggot ass Neanderthals. If they're so fucking smart, why're they so fucking dead.
>>
>>17376466
We fucked them. There is actual genetic proof that European's ancestor interbred with them.
>>
>>17369319
I'm high and this shit really fucked me up man...
>>
>>17375320
I'm fucking ready. FOR THE EMPEROR.
>>
>>17374938
>scoop jellyfish out of ocean
>deposit jellyfish in desert to dry
>kill jellyfish
>create jobs

Humans win again. Fuck jellyfish.
>>
The only reason humans survived was because we developed agriculture. We didn't kill off our predators, we drove the fuckers off by starving them and making the places we lived in unsuitable for anything else but humans. No other animal on this planet can do that.
>>
>>17364529
>what are wolves
>what are bears
>what are anything venomous

OP, rethink what you said. Of course there are creatures that can rival humans. They cannot, however, rival our beautiful lead and love of killing things for no reason. Hence, why animals now avoid us when they can.
>>
>>17364529
>humans would have to make them extinct to servive
>servive
Fuck anon, where did you learn to spell, Detroit?
>>
>>17364837
They are CHICKEN!
NOT LIZARD! CHICKEN!!! ><
>>
>>17371103
We are ending this planet...
>>
>>17376466

They're not. If you're any race other than pure black African, you have neanderthal DNA in you. All other races were created by having a mixture of anywhere from 3 to 5% neanderthal DNA.

The only people on Earth who have 100% homo sapien DNA are pure native black Africans. This is how we know that neanderthals must not have been as stupid as previously thought. Because look at Africa, then look at literally everywhere else.
>>
>>17369319
or we are a super weapon
>>
>>17375946
That video is too humorous to be taken seriously.
>>
>>17364606
https://www.pik-potsdam.de/news/press-releases/human-made-climate-change-suppresses-the-next-ice-age
>>
>>17374665
Wat is?
>>17376479
Kek
>>17376833
I like dis
>>
>>17376831
That... actually makes sense.
>>
Well, that would be the point. We are, infact, the current pinnacle of evolution.
>>
>My point is it all just seems too perfect.

I don't even know what to say to this. Of course it's perfect. Everything that exists is adapted to it's environment. That's how it works. You're talking as if all these animals died off specifically to make way for humans but in reality they just died off and what took their place was what made evolutionary sense given the environment. It's always going to be "perfect" no matter what dies and what doesn't.
>>
>>17364797
>Just watch MMA to see how oversized muscles works out for athletes over longer than 2 minutes.

You were doing so well until you pulled this broscience out of your ass.

You really think the oxygen content of the atmosphere makes a difference to human beings under 265 pounds? Is this just some shit you made up to justify the fact that when you have a shirt on you don't even look like you work out?
>>
>>17371065
>Animals only (usually) kill things that they either plan on eating, cross it's boundaries, or stands in the way of it getting a fuck

that's a lot of reasons. and lions will kill you just for the thrill of the hunt, especially the lionesses, and then decide what to do with you later while they roll around on your corpse giving each other the lion equivalent of high fives.

source: I'm South African. they will kill you for sport even if they're not hungry..
>>
>>17369319
Basically the plot of this album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFfKWaM1Bp8
>>
>>17364529
>What if there was such an animal that some humans took care of? But for reasons unknown, the majority weren't told about.
We probably weren't told because the majority of people in this day and age don't give a shit about the extinction of a species
>>
>>17364529
In Australia, we're used to the idea that the Aboriginal people here took care of the mega marsupials. And this is a people that went on to develop nothing more complicated than a woomera (a hand held launching pad for a spear, for those who couldn't be bothered googling it).

Humans are shit hot killers compared to other animals, when it comes down to it.
>>
>>17378254
Not the guy you were talking to but fuck yes it does.

Pressure and oxygen content are huge fucking variables for athletes of all sizes.
Do you honestly need a cite for this or can you manage Google on you own? It's not even contended science.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.