[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the longest period of time you've stayed awake consecutively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (67KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 722x349px
What is the longest period of time you've stayed awake consecutively and what were the side effects of staying up this long?
>>
File: save_me.png (156KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
save_me.png
156KB, 270x270px
2 days.
Headaches were terrible.
Also the second day i tried a combination of coffee and redbull it didn't help me to stay awoke but it accelerate my heartbumps like crazy, every time i closed my eyes i thought i was going die (pic related)
>>
>>17362851

I stayed up 4 days straight doing a uni assignment at the last minute. Took dexies for the first 2 days. Right at the end I experienced fairly vivid hallucinations such as shadow figures in peripheral vision, a snake crawling out from under my keyboard and constant vision like life was running at 5fps.

After submitting the assignment at uni I laid down in the library on a couch and slept for 5 hours until they kicked me out.
>>
>>17362851
135 hours on a meth binge. auditory and visual hallucinations CONSTANTLY
>>
>>17362870
>heartbumps
Do people actually call it that?
>>
5Days on Diablo3 release.
Friends wanted to do a Lan Session for a whole week and I was the only one to stay awake for 5 days.

Could've gone longer but they forced me to go to bed.
After 8 hours of sleep I woke up and was immediately ready to run a few miles.

I didn't get tired or had any other problems. Not even dizzy or anything.

Ontop of smoking alot (also weed) and eating junk food all day everyday.

Then I've had another day where I literaly worked for 3 days straight with minimal breaks.
After those 3 days I lay down in my bed. My mind was tired as fuck but my body still in work mode.
So I was lying there unable to actually sleep, but my mind was dreaming already.
It were visuals like on shrooms. Also auditory halucinations.
Was pretty cool to be honest.
>>
>>17362882
idk in my first language is just one word
>>
This shit isn't desirable to remember, but here goes;

I stayed up for 8 consecutive days by taking 30mg pills of adderal in 6 hour intervals to see how long I could stay awake. It was around the 4th day I started seeing very odd hallucinations, such as things in the corner of my eye or shaky vision. My mouth was dry and my skin was dry, no doubt from dehydration. My body felt very light and small bumps and knocks into things hurt more than usual.

Around the 6th day hallucinations became worse, as the darker shadows in my room started to fluctuate and move. Still pictures appeared moving and people in pictures appeared alive and breathing/blinking. My head felt empty at this point.

It was at day 7-8 I started talking to myself and speaking out loud everything I thought. There were shades/figures in my room that had the appearance and texture of TV static. Hands reaching around and through the wall and the sides of my computer monitor. I avoided eye contact with the shades until I accidentally looked at one and locked eyes for several seconds, unable to look away. I nearly forgot entirely what I was doing until I realized what I saw about 30 seconds after. Pictures on my wall started to droop and melt down abruptly and drastically at specific points. It was after these two experiences that I decide to sleep from fear of what was next, and I continued to sleep for 26 hours.
>>
>>17362851
Five days or so...yeah round about there. Honestly I lost track of what day it was before it was over. I was working as a Security guard. Ended up covering a double shift and then had a man made catastrophe (read, construction worker fucked up and destroyed nearly half the building) towards the end of the second shift. The emergency response and coordination efforts alone killed all of day two.
Protip to anyone involved in Security or emergency response: Establish who the fuck is in charge right away and get your table of organization below them. We had the property manager come out and spend three goddamned hours arguing with the cops, fire depth, and us that he was in charge because he was the property manager. Fire and cops couldn't decide who was the skipper cause they couldn't nail down if it was a crime scene or not. And everyone else with an opinion chimed in. Fuck that. Ego in a wardrobe is a liability.

Anyway... Since I was a supervisor of the tactical response team (no, gecko45 shit at all, it just meant we were on call for emergencies. Whoop de whoop) I had to stay on and be everyone's gopher, scurvy, and help with search and rescue efforts in the collapsed part of the building. This took me into day four. Local police Captain finally noticed that I was dead on my feet sometime after sunset day 4 and realized I was the same dude who stopped him from getting squashed by a wall that fell the first night and tore my boss a new one for neglecting me. He got one of the cops to give me a ride home. Boss told me to take a couple days off and then call him.

So I get home and...I guess my body was just broken. I was seeing shadows and shit. He was pounding. Heart would race and then slow to a crawl. I couldn't relax enough to take a shower so I went and worked out for like four hours until I was out of gas completely. I took a shower and sat on my couch watching the sunrise in my window. And finally passed out.
>>
>>17362937
My internal clock has never gotten quite back to normal. I have to constantly check what time it is. Like constantly cause my body doesn't really register that it's even dark or light out. It was a very intense few days and I think I fucked myself up in the head someplace in there.

The bitch of it was we were pulling people out on day three and four during the search and rescue efforts and I was already having a hard time keeping my head on straight. So between the injuries and the hallucinating I experienced some pretty cringey and nightmare fueling shit.

The paycheck I got was obscene and I got invited to be a guest of honor at the Policemen's annual dinner (why I dunno, I just yelled "Hey Cap watch out!" before the wall fell down).
>>
>>17362937
You sound like a trooper. Nice job and well deserved friend.
>>
File: 1453348031372.jpg (34KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1453348031372.jpg
34KB, 600x549px
>>17362897
Ohh wow. I tried that too back when I was in highschool and Dr was giving me 30 mg xr. After like 3-4 days life is so painful I just prayed for death.
>>
I stayed up for 3 days on a trip to New York City. Was with my friends and just kept walking around exploring and didn't bother with sleep. Near the end I felt almost drunk but without my coordination affected. Mild hallucinations. Random people would ask if I was feeling okay, probably looked terrible.

At the lobby of our hostel I saw people running down this set of stairs from the corner of my eye, but every time I looked directly at them they would vanish. Also saw blue and green cigarette smoke emanating from a friend. They weren't actually smoking. After that I noped out and slept restfully, until the manager banged on the door yelling that we were supposed to have vacated the room an hour ago.
>>
>>17363009
It was painful after the 4 day mark for me as I said in my original post. However I kept going because I wanted to see really how long I could stay up using adderal without total exhaustion. What was scarier is that the pain actually dulled out after the 6 day mark.
>>
I don't want to talk about the trouble i've had sleeping these last few weeks. Went to the doctors and got sleeping pills.

But anyway once when I did dream, I kept thinking I was still awake and thought I was lunging forward sitting up on my bed and my phone was on the opposite side of where I usually keep it. Then I kept telling myself I was having a nightmare, and I thought I saw this shadow by the windows then I laughed and woke up fully. I knew I would dream of this because I thought of it in the day.

Dreams are weird when you don't sleep properly
>>
File: 1428178667844.jpg (57KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1428178667844.jpg
57KB, 480x480px
4-5 days. Timescale below is very rough.
0-24 hours, completely normal.
24-36 hours, became kind of disoriented in that I would yawn a lot, found it hard to focus and had a lot of nervous energy. Noticeably weaker (do a job with manual labour.)
36-48 hours, very tired, got bad caffeine and cigarette cravings, forgot what I was talking about frequently.
48-60 hours, flatmates worried as I looked really bad and they caught me staring at stuff trying to remember what I was doing. If there was low light, things began to sort of droop with unfocused vision, appetite reduced.
60-72 hours, seeing things out the corner of my eyes, found it hard to read, parts of my body itched and I got some bad auditory hallucinations (whispering in ear, voices in my head sounding like they were outside my head)
72-96 hours, awful short term memory, extremely emotional, hallucinations around pictures and things just didn't seem right
??? hours - Completely forgot exactly what happened. Remember crying on the couch because I was worried about something and then I woke up in my bed.
>>
File: kundalini.jpg (12KB, 199x273px) Image search: [Google]
kundalini.jpg
12KB, 199x273px
>>17362851
After experiencing enlightenment I was wide awake for 3 days and just forced myself to go to sleep cause didn't know when I would crash.
>>
>>17362851
60hrs or approx 2.5 days. After the first 30-ish hours I kind of get my second wind and can stay up another day without constantly needing to pass out.

I feel kinda drowsy in the head. Not sleepy, more like I'm not all there. Stuffy would be a better word. The longer I stay up, the more stuffy I feel.

The trick is to keep your mind constantly occupied by something that requires involvement, so like moving around physically, playing an intense videogame, etc. Listening to music/reading/watching tv are good ways to sleep when sleep-deprived.

Anyway, it's terrible for you. Don't do it if you don't need to.
>>
I have no idea how some of you guys can talk about staying up multiple days straight with weird mental effects only popping up near the end, even after skipping just one night of sleep my mind gets completely fucked. I end up getting bipolar energy levels, where one moment I feel like I can take on the world and I never need to sleep again, and five minutes later I want to roll up in a hole in the ground and die. I get persistent hallucinations that still images are moving when I'm not focusing on them (once when I did this in high school I was watching a movie with my mom which she paused to go to the bathroom or something, and I thought the movie unpaused at one point and saw the action continuing on with the characters moving around the screen and doing stuff). Everything starts to feel surreal and even the most slightly unexpected thing ends up feeling bizarre and like a breach in reality, the same way that a non-sequitur or random joke might completely blow my mind while thoroughly stoned, and I typically end up falling into a fevered half-sleep state where my mind wanders in and out of uneasy semi-dreams until I get solidly woken up by the inevitable nausea that always sets in. Tl;dr, apparently I'm a total sleep-deprivation lightweight, enjoy your multi-day work sessions or whatever you're capable of pulling off that I obviously am not.
>>
>>17364117
Goddamn that's crazy. I've never experienced any hallucinations, even at 60 hrs without sleep.
I think my brain is boring
>>
>>17362851
Mine was pretty weak but I wanted to try it, I took no pills and drank no coffee to stay up. I got to 36 hours and started having vision lapses, then started to laugh hysterically for 30min. After that I started talking to myself, but it wasn't me talking, I was talking to two other voices, an evil one and a neutral one. The evil one wanted me to kill everyone in the house and knew I'd get blamed for it and that was why it thought it would be fun. It kept telling me "at the 40 mark you'll be ours" and I kept fighting it back. Eventually I vomited a bunch and it went away then I went to sleep, because I flipped out about how that happened.
>>
>>17364740
You people are fucking scary
>>
File: image.gif (909KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
909KB, 500x257px
Only 2 days. I was cold and tired. ny perception of time was fucked, and hour felt like 15 minutes or sometimes 3 hours. Nothing interesting or spooky. Sorry.
>>
>>17362851
About 3 days, was weak, always felt cold, skin was constantly itchy, wasn't really depressed so much as just could enjoy anything, always thirsty no matter how much water I chugged down, ext...
Fuck man, when I could finally fall asleep it was like a dream come true.
>>
>>17362851
>185 hours
that's around 8 days
my parents had to take me to the hospital for sleep deprivation
>>
File: 20160129_013334-1.jpg (3MB, 2203x2269px) Image search: [Google]
20160129_013334-1.jpg
3MB, 2203x2269px
Some anon a couple of weeks ago was awake for like 5 days
>>
>>17362851
Probably about 25 or 26 hours. Headache, nausea, hypoglycemia.
>>
i slept probably10 hours within 5 days when i was in the hospital for psychiatric treatment. every time i lied down i'd have heart palpitations, intense tremors and shakes and my blood pressure would be so high they had to check me more often than other patients. The day I got home I'll never forget the auditory hallucinations i had all night of the damn payphone that would constantly ring in the ward.
>>
2 days. I just felt extremely hot (in the heat kind of way), and when I finally tried to go to sleep, my eyes hurt too much to fall asleep.
>>
I was Spun Or Tweaked the fuck outta my mind it was like 3 month's straight I was only Eatting bread and water was on the second building of my apartment second storie I thought the people we're listening in on me ... Looking in my window I thought seriously someone was starring in my window when known ing no possible way someone out my window just plain ghetto and two stories high..... spun out Lost In Disper
>>
>>17362851

I stayed up for 4.5 days once.

Also on the first and second night I took LSD.

Even on the 4.5th day though I was massively psychotic. I though every single thing happening had massive relevance for my life. Every random thing was a direct commentary on my subconscious life. My interior had become externalized in the worst possible way.
>>
>>17362851
17 days then I died.
>>
36 hours played Oblivion when it first came out. I left my room to take a shit and clearly heard "Addicted To Love" by Robert Palmer playing somewhere in my house, even though it was like 6 AM and I was the only one up. I saw movement in my peripheral vision, too. Eyes were itchy as fuck.
>>
I slept a day here and there but I did not sleep completely on the first month just awake working out
>>
>>17362851
Heard that shit gas major effects short and long term. Most I ever did was an all nighter, and that was because I had a cocktail of cocaine, MDa mdma 2cb mushrooms and alcohol. Shit was so cash.
Staying up on purpose is fucking stupid.
>>
2 days, started hallucinating. I remember staring at the wall and it was definitely moving a bit.

That's about it. I closed my eyes for 2 minutes and I was knocked out. Nothing scary, just feels shitty. I need my sleep.
>>
I was paranoid as fuck I felt like everything I herd was like an echo moving in waves down my ears..... At one Point I saw shadows or people don't quite recalled because no one was really I was bleeding from nostrils like if I had a broken nose...... I had Trembled in Fear dose demons that fucked with me are still close or near me ..... You know the hardest part to me was telling all my friends and family that cared for me too Fuck Off but Redemption is a bitch.....I felt like someone strangled me by the neck and trew me against the wall was hit by a 2x4 across the head
>>
>>17365984
>.
I remember seeing stuff move near the walls ..... people walk with out real life forms. .... and shadows or bad spirits as people call him
>>
>>17365942
>I left my room to take a shit and clearly heard "Addicted To Love" by Robert Palmer playing somewhere in my house

This is true horror.
>>
>>17365942
I can relate to something similar, my mind sometimes creates songs as i'm dreaming (especially if I have not slept and just woken up) and I can still recall the song in my head
>>
2 days

>what were the side effects of staying up this long?

I felt like everyone was judging me, i felt like i was watching myself also, i wasnt me, also i felt really tired
>>
>>17362851
>What is the longest period of time you've stayed awake consecutively?

Just over 48 hours.

>What were the side effects of staying up this long?

No hallucinations or anything like that. Lots of myoclonic jerks, though. I get them pretty regularly even under normal circumstances, but it's worse when I'm tired, stressed, or trying to think of too many things at once. I can't even trust myself to keep a glass of water on my computer desk for fear that I'll jerk while drinking it and destroy my computer with the spill.
>>
when i was younger, i had a deathly fear of dreams, so i found ways to stay up. at one point, using basically audio and visual over stimulation, i was up for about 14 days before i passed out.

By about day 7, i was hearing things. heart beats that weren't mine, that were way too fast. shouting voices that i knew didnt belong to anyone. at one point, i thought i heard god.

by day 12, i was seeing things everywhere. spiders crawling over everything. blood seeping out of walls. the world spun, changed, slowed down, sped up, warped. i thought i was going to die.

tl;dr got seriously fucked up, thought the world was ending
>>
I think I broke something.

I stayed up for two days. I didn't really have any reason to besides curiosity, and no chemical assistance besides a two-liter bottle of Mountain Dew. I played a lot of video games, and after I started going really downhill I went on what I think was a seven-hour Braid marathon. After I turned it off, there was a lot of spacial distortion and balance issues. I suddenly realized that it was very important to open my word processor and record something, and proceeded to frantically type two pages of what seems to be gibberish. At some point in reading it back after I finished it I just straight-up dropped my head into my keyboard and stayed there.

Weird thing is, I can't stay up anymore. If I don't sleep in 20 hours, I get a terrible headache, which gets worse the longer I go. It seems to be immune to all the stuff I usually do for headaches. My eyes also go bloodshot around the same time, sometimes to the extent of obscuring my vision.

Those things never happened before my little stunt, so I'm fairly certain they're related.
>>
>>17367546
Am I some sort of no-sleep God? How the fuck do you people get all this shit from a simple lack of sleep?
It's honestly scary
>>
>>17362883
bullshit, no one could log onto diablo 3 for like a week after release
>>
Was up for like 2 days, maybe more, a couple weeks back.
Felt like I was drunk. I was slow, couldn't speak properly. Was seeing things that weren't there, shadows and things like that. Also heard strange noises. Also decided to drive to the movies with a couple friends (bad idea) and almost got into an accident. Just shrugged it off like I was in some sort of trance. Also felt like shit in general
>>
>>17367574
because they're making shit up anon
>>
I stayed up for about 4-5 days in a row once.

I found it VERY difficult to concentrate. It would get confused easily. Often, I would catch myself trailing off into disconnected, nonsense trains of thought, almost like a word salad "Oh, I need.... something to eat... have to... go to the.... school... because there's... lots of... money". That sort of thing.

Eventually I started having auditory hallucinations. I heard a voice tell me "Go to sleep", and it sounded like a pretty good suggestion.
>>
File: 1453641840593.jpg (68KB, 873x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453641840593.jpg
68KB, 873x480px
4 days, roaming the streets of Phoenix at night, attending comicon in the day. I felt super out of it and mostly just became absentminded. Coupled with the cruel midsummer Arizona heat, I just kind of shuffled around like a zombie. I sometimes just didn't understand sentences, like I just straight up forgot English. Fell asleep during a lap dance and in the middle of sentences. This was my exact face pretty much all of the last 12 hours.
>>
>>17362851
4 days. I had an hours sleep/trance on the 3rd day, so 3 technically.

I saw something on Tor that scarred me for life. It ruined me. I cried. I couldn't close my eyes without reliving it. Thinking back.. I probably had a mini-breakdown. On the 3rd day I started hearing things related to what I'd seen and it scared the shit out of me. I must have nodded off/fell asleep/entered a trance on the 3rd night because I lost an hour of time while sitting in a chair.

It took me over a week to get my head right. I probably slept 10 hours over the week. I wasn't even tired really, actually the opposite.. I was wired.
>>
>>17368377
please explain what you saw on tor
>>
>>17368388
Probably just some random staple, but because he was like that, it had an effect.
>>
I was pledging a fraternity and it was hell week, the home stretch before initiation. I think I only went a day without completely sleeping (the first day and the last day where we were forced on scavenger hunts that went all through the night and had no end in sight) but the rest of the week I would only sleep for maybe a hour every night. I'm not sure if that counts or not

However the exhaustion coupled with the mental and physical stress they were putting me through puts your mind in a very strange place. I would talk to myself out loud and my thoughts would be jumbled, on top of that you became a more paranoid person. By initiation I felt like I transcended my fucking body and could handle a level of pain and stress I thought unimaginable though
>>
>>17368388
A Baby.

That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>17364740
schizophrenia?
>>
>>17363232
do tell us about your enlightenment and how you experienced it please.
>>
>>17362851
a bit longer than 9 days. it was for a highschool biology experiment with a friend. We were aiming for 14 days, but we fell asleep. I slept for 9 hours, and my biological clock was back to normal the next day. we were drinking coffee/tea/redbull/diet coke almost constantly throughout, but it didn't help much.

anything that required the tiniest bit of mental effort was torture. other than that no side effects except sudden movement hallucinations in peripheral vision.
>>
>>17368420
okay, sorry about that anon.

but you're an idiot for being on tor in your condition.
>>
22 hours

Didn't notice a thing desu
>>
I stayed for almost 30 hours.
I remember feeling really tired if I was quiet for more than a minute. I laid down because my feet hurted. And then I woke up 7 hours later.
I could have stayed more but I'm a dumbass that's why
>>
probably about 3 days. I have insomnia and when I was in high school, during the summers i didnt give a fuck about my sleep schedule, so I regularly stayed up ~40 hours and slept for 10. One summer I stayed up all night and day for two days in a row. On the third day I just felt really out of it and was getting kind of sleepy so I just said fuck it and took a nap. never had any sort of natural hallucination before but I took acid once and stayed up for 2 days and experienced some scary shit
the trip never truly ended until I went to sleep and woke up
>>
>>17362897
Oh anon, you were so close to see beyond the matrix of reality though with that knowledge death would come inseparably.
>>
>>17363275
When I was staying up all night I was playing a semi-shitty open world survival game turned twitch shooter that was extremely fun with a team. I had been playing it a lot leading up to my 60-hour stint and even without sleep for 2 days-ish I was still on top of my game. Sniper headshots everywhere, taking on entire clans, saving buddies' asses.

I could drive, conversate, and go to college classes and still semi-retain what I learned. I even had people laughing with jokes and shit i told, as I was a bit of a joker.

So either
A) you're all making shit up or
B) sleep deprivation effects vary HUGELY among people.
>>
60 hours, just shy of three days. I was unusually cheery and occasionally heard children's laughter and muffled voices. Oddly enough, though, I wasn't scared.
>>
>>17362879
The method probably helped.
>>
>>17367546
>a two-liter bottle of Mountain Dew
It's a conspiracy !! I have the documents!!
>>
>>17368896
* meth
>>
I went 72 hours without side effects I was very hyper for the first three days however on the forth day My body began to pass out randomly. During this forth day I had continuous autohilusination in the form of hearing my name continuously despite being home alone. At which point I slept 2 hours then became incredibly paranoid and assumed something was watching me and could not sleep for another 13 hours. Symptoms continues for three days before my sleep cycle returned to normal I also broke a mirror because I thought it moved on me but I think it was merely paranoia
>>
5 or 6 days

Back when dave mirra bmx came out for PS.

Wasn't really allowed to play videogames that much at home , but was at a friend's house during the summer for like a week, so I went HAM on my friend's new bmx game trying to max out everything before the week or so was up

No hallucinations or anything. Last day hit me with exhaustion and i passed out while jumping on a trampoline for a minute or two slept that night.

No spoops (never had brain freeze or a list of other things either)
>>
>>17362897
yeah on that much adderal, even a constant intake of water won't hydrate you
>>
longest for me was 4 days on 60mg of adderal. as far as hallucinations went, everything was rippling but that was it
>>
few days
military
felt drunk
was on my feet majority of the time
>>
>>17368099
On top of this it's not fun enough to play for 5 days straight
>>
4.5 days.

adderal and weed

became delerious, saw shadows out of the corner of my eye everywhere.
>>
38 hours, but this was back when I was 13.
>>
1-2 days

Felt sluggish and craving sleep after an unknown period of time. I am absolutely shit with caring about sleeping properly so I've near-constantly been awake during the night for months, maybe a year or so now. I don't like to think about how many years I've ultimately shaved off me by doing this.

The second day, however, I felt basically fine. Didn't want to sleep at all.

I'm not sure if it happened when this was going on or later, but I did hallucinate during a period in which I was in bed, deathly afraid for some reason. Something in my bed room morphed into a small trumpet that played a few seconds of some random tune. I had a feeling that it was making fun of me somehow.
>>
Been up for about 4 - 5 days before because of adrenal abuse. Shit starts to get really fuckin trippy. I started hallucinating a lot. Hearing things and seeing shadows. Randomly just catch myself staring at nothing. Body starts to twitch a lot too. But yeah seeing the shadows that look like a human shapes outta the corner of my eye move was weird. I'd be convinced someone was there. I don't think it was paranormal. Just a side affect of sleep deprivation. I would also talk to myself a lot.
>>
>>17362851
Three days. Was driving home from work when I saw a purple unicorn cross the highway, which I of course tried to dodge - so I almost crashed my car. I decided then that I was going to stop at the next opportunity to get some sleep.
>>
>>17362851
5 days.

I had a bunch of tests and assignments due at the same time at uni, by my final test I was hallucinating pretty much the whole time. It hurt to breathe and I lost like 9 kilos
>>
I once took 500mg of xtc and 2g of phet,not intentional..I dropped one and got sucked into the thinking of if I take more it will increase the high,wrong!! I had the shakes,eye quivers..full on seratonin syndrome,if I stood up I dropped back down,scar as fuk...anywho..I maintained sanity by stying online all night from the friday till the following day,no food,or sleep for over 30+ hours..it was 9pm Sunday when I eventually went to sleep..fatigue was insane,serious headaches and hazy vision for hours..not advised.
>>
>be my bro in highschool dorm
>makes bet with dorm mates on who can stay up the longest
>spends 3 days without sleep
>walks back home with dorm mate
>faints for what feels like an hour
>"how long was I out for?"
>"like 3 seconds man"

nothing spoopy, just fucks you up
>>
As a younger kid (being 18 now) I used to have a pretty bad case of circumstantial insomnia. Most if not all of my dreams were nightmares.
Coupled with my schizophrenic condition, the psychosis was pretty bad sometimes.

The most striking thing I remember was when I was up for a week. Before going to bed, I watched The Grudge (American adaption of Ju-On) and experienced the most horrifying psychotic break of my life.

I awoke from about an hour of sleep maybe, and Kayako Saeki (LIFELIKE AS FUCK) was sort of laying down, but on my ceiling. My bed was high up from the ground, so I saw and felt her presence, and could feel her bristly hair rubbing against my face. She made no movements and didn't speak.
That's why you need sleep guys. I shit a fucking fortress that night.
>>
>>17370464
>stayed awake for one day
>mommys special soldier

Kill yourself
>>
2 days. Went right to bed after I had some minor auditory hallucinations (Lecturer saying something he didn't)
>>
About 55 hours. Wasn't planned, just kind of went with it after skipping a night.
Felt really energetic after the 24 hour mark, like my brain went hyper, reaction times became outright inhuman, I could focus on anything intensely, it was quite refreshing. Started seeing falling stars that looked 100% authentic later on (which may have actually been real), but nothing else in the hallucination department.
Unfortunately I decided to drink a beer with a buddy which made me drowsy so I just booked it.
Was fun, I'm planning on experimenting with it when I can get some days off from work.
>>
File: 1453482462055.jpg (60KB, 600x575px) Image search: [Google]
1453482462055.jpg
60KB, 600x575px
>>17362851
All of you are scrubs, 10 days on meth here.

1-7 days start hearing my friend talking about sending gangsters to chop my car up, I leave and somebody outside asks if i know whos key they found on the ground was and where I parked....
7-10 days was seeing people having a party in my backyard, yelled at them and threatened them with an uzi, had conversations that other people didnt remember, everytime i was going to fall asleep it felt like i was dying

One time i got stuck in the middle of nowhere running from imaginary cartel members and hopping barb wire fences which i still have scars from
>>
>>17371570
>former/possibly current meth junkie
>calls other people scrubs
>>
>>17368852
it's B. some people can stay awake multiple days and just feel a little tired. then there's those people that stay up for literally one day and act like they took a bunch of acid.

me personally i stayed up for 4 days, or i think it was 4 days, during summer break when i was about 10-11. i remember looking into the hallway over and over again convinced i was stuck in some kind of infinite time loop until i eventually puked yellow-green bile onto the ground and passed out.
>>
>>17369050
on top of that no one works for 3 days straight without meth
>>
>>17371808
Goddamn. I guess I lucked out a little.

It would be an interesting story to have a lot of characters be sleep-deprived and show the different effects on them.
>>
52 hours.
Became hornier the longer I stayed awake to the point where just after 48 hours I wanted to hump everything
>>
>>17362851
5 days.

Felt pretty rough tbqh.
>>
>>17362882
>>17362884

>not chest tickles.
>>
Ranger school, stayed up for something like 50 hours. sleep deprivation makes my eyes burn a bit, slows my cognitive ability, and to cope i laugh a lot at things.
anyway, middle of the forest at night and we have a defensive perimeter set up. my buddy stands up and starts fucking with a tree, and asks if anybody has a quarter, because he just needs a quarter.
wtf are you talking about get the fuck down??
dude thought the tree was a coke machine. i can't imagine the sadness he must have felt when he realized he wasn't getting a coke and where he actually was.
>>
Six full days and some change. No hallucinations just felt like crap and drank tons of coffee. Don't procrastinate.
>>
>>17362874
I had the 5 fps vision once when i was sick. It is weird
>>
>>17362948
That's a pretty heroic but also tragic tale. You're a cool guy in my book anon, I'd buy you a drink.
>>
>>17371826
and then it turns out they're all just insomnia-induced hallucinations of the narrator

Oscar for best screenplay here i come!
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 500x700px
4 days on a constant adderal and alcohol binge while I slept in my car in order to pass three district exams so I could pretty much keep my office. I was too broke to afford a hotel and instead spent my time reading text books in my car, going through flash cards/notebooks, and drinking steel reserve 40's. Being awake and tens for that long made me experience the strangest hallucinations. At one point I woke up early in the morning believing someone was rubbing their hand against the outside of my car door. My muscles felt like bacon and I couldn't stop the headaches. I also thought I saw digs running around the parking lot when it was a down-pour. It was really something else.

For everyone out there who wants to experience actual, strong, visual and auditory hallucinations, unless your working on something, enveloped in something, or have been put under maximum stress you'll get nothing out of it. its not a spiritual experience, it's just a bizarre sensation you sit through while your exhausted brain tries to relax by dragging you both away from working.

Protip: /x/ is filled with dumbshit teens who are gonna say they stayed up for 12 days and saw an open curtain behind lucifer and ended up seeing ayyyye's.
>>
>>17374791
My mistake, I *lived* in my car, not *slept*
>>
>>17368427
Don't think so
>>
>>17362851

4 days on meth when I was 17. It was godawful. I started getting auditory hallucinations, strange delusions and shadow people on the 3d day, nasty voices on the fourth. So I got some rum and drank myself to sleep. Never again.
>>
>>17374791
>4 days on a constant adderal
Fuck you. It's irresponsible, childish shitheads like you that make getting my meds such a pain in the ass and costing me money.
>>
>>17362851

Alright, this happened several times between the ages of 10 and 18.

I stayed awake five or six days straight (which wasn't abnormal for me, my parents really should have demanded the quack doctor I was seeing change my meds the first time I stayed awake for several days on end) and usually by the third day I would become very frightened of everything.

Usually I'd act strange towards other people and do stupid things, like try to get on a chair to catch a moth (I don't remember why, I vaguely remember doing it but not why I wanted to catch the moth) and I would eventually become very upset and start hearing voices. I didn't usually hear what they were saying, but it was scary.

The longer I stayed awake, the more frightened I would get, to the point that if I made it to Day 5 I would become clingy on a parent or my older sister and get upset if we were separated for any reason, including going to the bathroom. (My sister would stand outside the bathroom while I went and talk to me because I would be sobbing and crying her name repeatedly.)

Eventually I'd pass out, and sleep for days straight. Nothing could fully wake me up, but apparently I could be woken up enough to drink something and take my pills. (Because I really needed more "stay awake 7 days" pills, right?) I woke up in the hospital a few times because I would sleep deeper and not be able to be woken up to drink. (Oddly, I never wet the bed, not sure if I was getting woken up and taken to the bathroom or what. I do know when I woke up fully, I would have to go BAD)

I don't remember most of this myself, my sister and stepdad would tell me what happened (like the moth thing) and I'd vaguely remember but not be able to say why I did what I did.

[cont]
>>
>>17375859

[cont]

Once I tried to cut my own throat, I had an asthma attack and thought I would be able to breathe if I cut myself a new "breathing hole". I spent some time in the psych ward after that. Another time I was convinced I could fly at school and tried to do so. A cop crawled out along the overpass I was on and pulled me back to safety, then spanked me and sat beside the concrete railing sobbing and holding onto me. (He wasn't a stranger or anything, it was a small town and he knew me from pre-school, I was in 9th or 10th grade at the time.)

Through all of this, several hospital stays, both medical and psych. The trying to fly, the voices, all of that.... NO ONE ever thought to change my meds, except my stepdad who had no legal right to demand it but sure wanted to.

It stopped when I turned 18 and chose a new doctor, who took me off of everything because by then I had been diagnosed with so many psych disorders, and apparently several of them contradicted each other, and one was generally believed to only occur in men, not teenage girls.

After being detoxed, it was discovered I needed anti-depression meds and a low dose valium for anxiety attacks. Before I met that doctor I took over 15 pills a day.
>>
>>17362851
28 hours.

I heard random voices screaming, laughing, and shouting right before I fell asleep.
>>
>>17375863
>>17375859
Jesus fuck that's terrifying, I'd get a lawyer and sue the shit out of that doctor for destroying your childhood. Glad you can still trust medical professionals though, unlike others on this board.
>>
>>17375911

He was sued for malpractice when I was 22. He and his nurse never put their records into anything electronic, he had a file room and when they were sued, the two of the shredded nearly everything. My name and phone number were found in the shreds and I got a call from the lawyer handling the case.

For some reason I couldn't be part of the suit, lack of proof maybe? I tried to get more info but my records at the psych hospital (which he worked at, as well as having a private office) couldn't be found and the lawyer that called me told me he didn't know what he could do for me, so I asked if he would have someone from his office call me and tell me how it went if possible.

A year or so later I got a call from the lawyer himself to say the other patients that could prove their damage had gotten a pay out, and the doctor wiggled out of prison time, but lost his license.

I don't know much else, I kinda get bitter sometimes, because God knows I could have used a payout, and I know those years left me pretty fucked up (if only because my behavior while medicated have most of my family convinced I am insane.) but I try not to dwell on it. He ruined my teen years though, I couldn't make friends because I was crazy as hell in a small town and I am mentally very fragile. I'm on disability due to my asthma and severe anxiety/depression. I'm trying to get educated to be a home health aide though, because I've done the work before for family and I loved the caregiving aspect.

My life sucks, it seriously does. I wish I could say it was good and I've moved on, but its pretty dismal right now. But I haven't tried to fly in years, so all in all I'm blessed and try to remember that.

And it'll sound stupid, but I take comfort in the fact that there is no one out there who I ruined the life of, so that makes me better than him I guess.
>>
>>17375943
Sucks that you couldn't get any money out of it, but at least you know he won't be fucking with anyone else now though.

Going through trauma like that in your teens definitely fucks you up for life, I know that too well. From the sounds of it though, with all you've been through, you're actually doing pretty good IMO, because you can't live through that and get off scott-free. Most people would be a LOT more bitter/mistrustful at that point, and I think that goodnaturedness would make you an excellent caretaker. Just keep working towards that goal, the past will only get farther away as you progress!

>And it'll sound stupid, but I take comfort in the fact that there is no one out there who I ruined the life of, so that makes me better than him I guess.

I honestly hope that's not the only reason you're better than him, but hey, at that point whatever gets you by.
>>
Two days. Auditory hallucinations I think maybe, I don't quite remember? Mostly just very tired in a way where I couldn't sleep when I tried because of the stuff that kept me up.
>>
>>17362851
4 days just to see how long I could go. It made me very chill and my mind seemed very good at processing things and learning things and I was generally pretty damn happy and peaceful. Nothing stressed me out.

I will say this, when I finally laid down in bed, I fully realized the toll it took on my spine. I could seriously feel the immense compression of my spine from being upright that long. It was one of the most cringeworthy things I'd ever felt.
>>
>>17368115
>Was up for like 2 days, maybe more, a couple weeks back.
>Felt like I was drunk.
>Also decided to drive to the movies with a couple friends (bad idea) and almost got into an accident.

This is why they tell you drowsy driving is just as bad, or worse, than drunk driving. Don't fucking do it, people. You're going to kill yourself or someone else.
>>
3 days and it was like hell, massive headache and I couldn't stay awake even if I were stand. I just colapse in my couch and slept for 12 hours
>>
>>17362851
7 days ama
>>
>>17376666
>ama

Either tell the story or fuck off, attention whore.
>>
>>17376683
> be me 9 years old
> decide too play video games with my friend one night all night till 9 am
> play all night till morining
> cant go too sleep after video games body fucking hurts
> day 2 throw up all over my bed cause my body hurts so bad
> can barley move and cant go too sleep
> by day 4 i felt like i was going too die literally my head hurt terribly i kept throwing up
> day 7 i finally fell alseep after rolling around for an hour
>>
I used to have really bad insomnia spells, wouldn't be able to sleep 3-4 days at a time.
I remember one time I kept seeing shadows move and shit, got me really paranoid. Another time before I thought my friend was hiding as a tree or some shit and started talking to it at 3 in the morning. The big black dude from next door decided to carry me to my house. Then his mom came over and babysat me until I passed out then woke up eight hours later. She even brought groceries and made a big ass meal for me and made her doctor friend come over and look at me. Before the whole bush thing I actually ran from a holliween decoration I thought was a real grim reaper. According to friends I'd remember the most random conversations but forget whole days at a time. Things quit being less trippy after awhile and id just be really irritable or chill depending on the day. Glad that shits over.

>Also when you can feel and hear your heartbeat after being awake for awhile
>>
>>17376797
What caused your insomnia?
>>
Maybe a day. I cant resist no sleep, i start feeling terribly bad.
>>
>>17376834
Tbh, I have no clue.
When I was 12 id always have trouble sleeping, and it gradually got worse from there. By 19 it was at its worst. I guess maybe I was never able to shut off my mind. I do know after I started abusing Adderall really bad when I was 21 then quit all my insomnia problems just seemed to vanish.

>I'm not advocating abusing drugs then quitting as a pot-shot cure to insomnia tho
>>
2 weeks fueled by paranoia and caffeine. Would not recommend, shit was scray
>>
60 hours uptime.

Felt nauseated. Feeling sick to the stomach is what I get if I don't sleep.
>>
>>17362937
>>17362948

You did good. It's a wild story you can tell with pride for many years to come.
>>
When I was a kid, on every class or camp trip there were days on which we tried to stay awake trough the night but I can't remember if we ever succeeded in doing so. I generally get tired fast and I don't really enjoy staying awake and mess up my regular schedule. I have trouble sleeping as it is and I can't shrug a lack of sleep off so easily.

The longest period I can remember for sure is around 24-ish hours. One time I did coke and we went to a club until the morning (I really couldn't sleep that well afterwards and got up after one or two hours of light rest), and one time I was called in for a night shift unexpectedly one hour before it started. I was up early that day and I went to bed the next day around the same time I got up the day before. I did not enjoy both experiences very much.
>>
Most of you guys in this thread sound like you have a deathwish. I don't think I've done more than 48-56 and I felt like a zombie after the first day or so, then slept like 15 hours when I crashed. Not fun at all.

Since then, I've told myself to stop staying up for longer than a day because losing even one night of sleep fucks me up in general. Right now, though, I've only been getting between 4-6 hours a day for the last few months, so I need to work on improving.
>>
>>17368852
You talking about Rust?
>>
>>17378343
Nah, I haven't played rust much since legacy. You should check out hurtworld though, it's pretty cool.

The game was a WarS/I:SS emulator called NewZ. Honestly a shitty game now that they hardcore nerfed the snipers, but I put probably 200+ hours in back when it was a straight-up PvP fest.
>>
Something like 8 to 10 days with a hour or two nap in there somewhere

Started hearing people's thoughts and couldn't get out of them
>>
>>17362851
RP Thread initiated
>>
33 hours for me. It was on new years and I was drinking but then I stayed up all night and went to bed sometime in the afternoon the next day. I felt extremely tired at like the 27 hour mark but then I snapped out of it and just had a headache for the rest of the time and that was it
>>
>>17362851
About 72 hours, working desperately on uni assignment. How ever I "cheated" a took a timed one hour nap at the sofa about midway, had trouble keeping my lids open. No hallucinations, didn't feel sick but I did perhaps feel a tiny bit "euphoric" at one point, sort of "overly awake" instead of overly tired. But nothing really interesting happened. Just slept for 12 hours straight when I finally went to bed.
>>
staying awake for more than 24 hours makes me laugh hysterically to the most inane shit
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.