[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /x/ for the past few days I have been having problems sleeping,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (52KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 350x347px
So /x/ for the past few days I have been having problems sleeping, I've been hearing a low pitched vibrating. I looked it up on google and turns out it's part of a worldwide thing called the hum, and one in 50 can hear it. In kind of worried, I read stories of suicide and self mutilation to try and get rid of it so far it's not that annoying to me.

What's your take on the hum /x/?
>>
Spend more time on /x/, that might not be the only thing you hear at night in some time from now.
>>
Do you only hear it at night?
Is it localized to your home or do you hear it outside too?
How far from home have you gone while still being able to hear it?
>>
>>17208648
At night and early in the morning, I heard it like 5 minutes ago but it stopped. I believe it's localized to my home. Not sure about that hoe far part. Strangely I can get it to stop by touching the desk next to my bed, can't find anything that could be causing that sound in or around the desk.
>>
>>17208654
Yeah sounds like aliens. You should probably kill yourself, it's better than whatever they'll do
>>
>>17208657
Ayy lmao. Nah I'm sure if it's aliens I'll reach some sort of Ascension of some kind.
>>
>>17208662
>I'll reach some sort of Ascension of some kind.

Nah that's all made up its mostly just vivisections and butt stuff.
>>
I can hear it on an off too. Not sure if it originates from some machinery or it is a special "phenomenon".
>>
>>17208628
It's called a "fridge". Maybe turn it off at night.
>>
I've heard it sometimes over the past week or so. I dunno what it is.
>>
What is Tinnitus??

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tinnitus/basics/definition/con-20021487
>>
I think its just your brain being deprived of stimuli, and thus it generates an mental sound. The mind and body desire to be stimulated, and when the environment does not produce the proper level of stimuli, it will compensate and seek it out. Basically you go into your own mind like a dream just to keep your consciousness going. Your desk represents doing work, playing video games, or anything that occupies your mind. Tinnitus is an example of this, but the hum is all in your mind, and hearing damage is the major cause. Well that drugs, psychosis, or schitz type disorders.

I can't tell if you are trolling tho, but anyway, when you sleep you are almost exclusively in your own mind, and so as you drift off or come back from it, you become aware of the internal "noise" that your mind is making. My best guess is that its like RAM in that the random noises/thoughts of your mind keep your consciousness running, so it functions properly.
>>
>>17208683
At parents house for the break. The fridge is down stairs and silent.
>>
>>17208688
Tinnitus is a high pitched "eeeeeeee".

>>17208694
Most likely something electrical in the house desu senpai
>>
>>17208628
I used to hear what sounded like a female's voice in my head when I was younger. I have no idea if it's related to this, but I just thought I'd pop in and share. Want my advice? Follow the sound.
>>
>>17208711
Want my advice? See a doctor.
>>
>>17208715
And the reward for most obvious bait goes to...
>>
>>17208654
holy shit you are retarded. if touching the desk stops the sound then something I'd vibrating your desk. a fridge? a pump? an air conditioner? central air? a fan or the hard drive in your PC? fucking look around if it bothers you that much
>>
ever get electric shocks in your sleep OP?
Ever see faces when you close your eyes?
You could very well be possessed.
>>
>>17208876
Trust me I looked around, couldn't find anything. Touching the desk stops it for a bit then it starts again, it's a psychological thing.
>>17208972
No but sometimes when I look in the mirror my face contorts and a demon voice speaks to me, kind of like Gollum with his reflection in Lotr. I'm still in control of my actions but I don't know, it's creepy.
>>
>>17208683
Wtf yeah, just turn off your fridge. That's logical.
>>
>>17208628
i've heard a hum on and off since my childhood. my mother has mentioned hearing it as well. i think it's just the sound of background electricity and other stuff like that. i think it's just a matter of our brain usually filtering out the unnecessary noise and then when we hear it for the first time accidentally, we are able to focus in on it by choice.

i live in a city so there's all kinds of electronic devices and appliances in homes in the immediate area. and i actually have power lines going right in front of my house, but i'm curious what kind of environment you live in?
>>
>>17209181
the day /x/ prevented anon from getting nuts.
>>
>>17208667
Why are aliens obsessed with butt violations?
>>
>>17208628
Been dealing with it for years. Anti-depressants and relocating 800+ miles away from my previous location helped for a while, but it returned within a few months. Just stick with the daily struggle, try to keep your mind distracted as much as possible so you don't focus on it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.