[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a book thread, /x/ The Voynich manuscript. Referred

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: awr_6vm2.jpg (21KB, 430x313px) Image search: [Google]
awr_6vm2.jpg
21KB, 430x313px
Let's have a book thread, /x/

The Voynich manuscript. Referred as the world's most mysterious book.
>written in an unknown language that cannot be deciphered
>made in 15th century
>contains drawings of plants that do not match anything we know
>woman bathing in tubes and trapped in strange mechanisms
>knowledge of astronomy that was not available at the time
>>
File: sera.jpg (222KB, 1220x771px) Image search: [Google]
sera.jpg
222KB, 1220x771px
Codex Seraphinianus
>an encyclopedia in two volumes
>created by an Italian Artist in the 1970s
>handwritten in a coded language that cannot be deciphered
>describes a strange and psychedelic universe in great detail through illustrations
>>
File: Ripley-Scroll.jpg (566KB, 1000x2277px) Image search: [Google]
Ripley-Scroll.jpg
566KB, 1000x2277px
The Ripley Scroll
>named after George Ridley who was an alchemist of the 15th century
>a scroll about his 20-year-long journey through Europe in search of alchemical secrets
>the original scroll was lost, but there has been accurate reproductions
>written in a difficult to understand language
>shows how to create the Philosopher's stone and how to turn lead into gold
>>
File: pm.jpg (1MB, 3577x2154px) Image search: [Google]
pm.jpg
1MB, 3577x2154px
The Smithfield Decretals
>collection of medieval canon law that was compiled in 1230
>ordered by Pope Gregory IX as a usual update
>filled with bizzare pictures like a knight fighting a giant snail or killer rabbits
>it also displays devil-like creatures disguised as bisops and priests
>>
File: optm_83.jpg (52KB, 630x376px) Image search: [Google]
optm_83.jpg
52KB, 630x376px
The Rohonc Codex
>considered one of the most mysterious books in the world
>it's origins are unknown
>coded in an alphabet of more than 200 different characters that hasn't been deciphered
>>
>>17207457
>>17207476
Shamanistic in nature and likely made by recluse monks.

>>17207502
Interesting. Depicts "sprites" being used to create an alchemy box but this may be an early implication of a knowledge of particles.

>>17207514
Nothing more than satirical art.
>>
>>17207525
New Testament written by foreigners for a Hungarian people whose language they did not know.
>>
Sorry don't have anything new to share but it's very interesting
>>
File: 20jung.3-2400.jpg (783KB, 2400x1013px) Image search: [Google]
20jung.3-2400.jpg
783KB, 2400x1013px
The Red Book
>written by Carl Jung, one of the fathers of modern psychology as he statted to develop mental issues
>worked on for over 16 years and used to describe a confontation with his own unconscious
>filled with scenes and dialouges with gods and devils occuring during travels to the underworld
>>
Val valarian
Matrix I-V
Read them and be forever changed
Especially matrix V
>>
>>17207457
I once went on a voynich manuscript binge and watched a bunch of documentaries on it about a year ago. Shit is pretty tight and interesting, plus it makes for a great comparison when someone's grammar is shitty beyond comprehension.
>>
Prodigiorum Ac Ostentorum Chronicon
>written in 1557 by the french humanist Conrad Lycosthenes
>built like an encyclopedia, it features various animals like camels and rhinoceroses
>but also collections of human-like beings with bizzare deformities, along with other creatures
>fascinating and puzzling to read as it perpetually switches between facts and fantasy
>mentions real but also paranormal events
>>
>>17207559
I only saw Matrix 1-3
>>
>>17207567
Enjoy ignorance
>>
>>17207574
woah woah woah… don't put words in my mouth. I never said i enjoyed them.
>>
File: f2v.jpg (142KB, 991x1510px) Image search: [Google]
f2v.jpg
142KB, 991x1510px
The Book of Soyga
>founded in a library owned by John Dee who was a mathematician and astronomer during the 1500s under Queen Elizabeth I's ruling
>devoted his life into deciphering the meaning behind the book
>Dee describes the book as a detailed compendium of ancient magical incantations
>but he never managed to break its code and the book was lost for 500 years after his death
>it reappeared in 1994 when two copies were found in British libraries, but the code remains unsolved
>>
>>17207593
that sounds pretty damn interesting!
>>
>>17207457
This book was written by God. You have my word on it, I know anons. Decipher this and you'll be one of the chosen as mentioned in the end of days.
>>
File: man.jpg (32KB, 280x386px) Image search: [Google]
man.jpg
32KB, 280x386px
The Oera Linda Book
>an unusual manuscripts that first appeared during the mid-19th century
>covers nearly 4,000 years of historical, mythological and religious themes
>also decribes matriarchal societies ruling the ancient world as well as the sinking and lost teachings of Atlantis
>>
>>17207502
>shows how to create the Philosopher's stone and how to turn lead into gold

Sure it does.
>>
>>17207626
What is the philosopher's stone suppose to do anyway?
>>
>>17207630

eternal life and other shit
>>
>>17207544
My sweet lord, do I ever want to read this. There's something I find subtly horrific about getting an inside look at someone who's losing their grip. That video of the dude who stalked Bjork then shot himself comes to mind.
>>
>>17207646
>and other shit

only in /x/ could that be so brushed off so casually.
>>
File: ayyy_lmao.gif (2MB, 310x174px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy_lmao.gif
2MB, 310x174px
>>17207457
I feel like a major breakthrough with the Voynich manuscript is right around the corner. People are very interested in it, and more more and more research is being done. This video is extremely interesting and take a very scientific look at the language and seems to offer a partial decoding of some parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZD_3D8_WQ

It's 40+ minutes, but I think it's worth sitting through. Super interesting stuff.

This website also gives a nearly complete breakthrough of the plants in the book
http://www.edithsherwood.com/voynich_botanical_plants/

I think it's only a matter of time now before the book's language is cracked. The guy in the youtube video I linked to seems to have some interesting theories on the language.
>>
>>17207565
Maybe that's a book of how cryptids look
The top left horse looks kinda like a kelpie
>>
>>17207751
Voynich manuscript looks kinda like greek
>>
>>17207457
I heard about a recent theory that the Voynich manuscript is actually Aztec in origin which is why decoding doesn't work since people use ciphers based on languages from the old world at the time.
>>
The Voynich manuscript was written by a man who was was warped into another dimension. He lived with the other beings, learned their language and studied the plants in that world.
He made a book about their culture and plants and somehow came back to our world with the book.
>>
>>17207476
Art project by a published artist, the writing is asemic on purpose in order to imitate the feeling of a child who can't yet read looking at a book

Not paranormal but certainly interesting

>Shamanistic in nature and likely made by recluse monks
fucking lol

>inb4 wikipedia can't be trusted and it's surely aliens
>>
>>17207630
transform lead in gold
>>
>>17207502
Alchemists always wrote in "difficult to read language". I don't know what formula it was I once read, but it said that you should let the prince kill the king, have them both entombed, take the bones and burn them so you'd get a better king. That was just their way of putting it.
>>
>>17207514
As most medieval book illuminations do. You can find things like people playing the trumpet with their asses.
>>
>>17207567
Kek.
>>
>>17207903
The Aztecs had no writing. Only a system for counting.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.