[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My daughter was having trouble sleeping and had an optometrist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: images (1).jpg (15KB, 357x412px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15KB, 357x412px
My daughter was having trouble sleeping and had an optometrist appt booked the next day. I was talking to her about some visual disturbances she has been experiencing - which she describes as a checkered pattern/grid and colored dots overlaying her vision. In the middle of the discussion she unexpectedly told me of a little girl she has seen often in our house who sometimes appears happy, and at other times has blood dripping from her eyes and mouth. I asked if she has told anyone, and she said she has told her sister, but she is only 4yo and ran to her mother screaming and claiming her sister was saying scary things. She did not sound at all like she was making it up and upon questioning if she had been watching scary videos, said that she has never seen any videos with blood in them. I understand children have vivid imaginations and this is all probably completely normal in a lot of ways, but the whole conversation which happened days ago still has me feeling spooked. Regardless of any doubts I told her I believe her and she can talk to me about such things whenever she feels scared.

Does /x/ have any thoughts? Please try to keep this as serious as possible. Side note: her eye appointment showed no abnormalities whatsoever in her vision.
>>
Sleep paralysis?
>>
Probably sleep paralysis or an an overactive imagination. But firmly telling anything in the house that it isn't welcome and /must/ leave never hurts.

Just remember, you have to honestly believe you're stronger than whatever might be there. If you can't believe that wholeheartedly, find someone who does to chase it off.
>>
>>17196894

No, she claims to see the girl frequently during the day.
>>
>>17196912
that's....creepy....eh...move rooms?
>>
>>17196899

I don't have a problem with fear of these things myself, I guess it has me spooked more that she seems so truthful about it and that it sounds real from her perspective. Regardless, it doesn't seem malicious and sometimes seems happy to her - and then others with the blood dripping which she is disturbed by, obviously.
>>
>>17196878
Try not to react to these stories or give her more attention than usual too. Will only encourage it. At age 4 it'll be overactive imagination, that's all. Don't worry.
>>
>>17196922
I think talking with her really helps and maybe you have to pretend like you have some kind of 'girl spray' that makes her go away....
>>
>>17196929

Little sister is 4, not eye problem girl.
>>
>>17196878
i have same visual disturbances, it's probably floaters + visual noise, at least that's how it is for me

floaters are physical, and move around in her eyes when she moves her eyeballs, nothing dangerous, though she'll probably need glasses at one point in her life because they're very often paired with bad eyesight

visual noise has been linked to abnormal(read: different, not usual) activity in image processing by the brain, again, nothing serious, though hallucinations might be a result of this

personally i sometimes hallucinate bright white orbs across my field of vision for few seconds at a time, 2 or 3 times a month, such things have been reported by the people in the single study i found about visual noise, no scary girls though

there isn't much data on visual noise, first study was carried out in 2014 if i remember correctly and i've found nothing since, maybe it'll catch on at one point or another

don't know much beyond that though feel free to ask me more if i made something unclear

best of luck
>>
>>17196929

Yeah, daughter that is seeing this is 7. Highly intelligent child, too - very articulate. Made the discussion all the more unsettling..

With the intelligence and her personality in general also comes that overactive imagination, and I do agree with you, Anon - but also feel it important not to dismiss her claims entirely.
>>
Perhaps sleep paralysis? Or waking up right after entering a hypnogogic state?
>>
Your daughter sees spoopy little girl? It's like she isn't even trying. Also, you're retarded for believing her.
>>
>>17196953
guy above your post here

i've met 3 people in my life who told me they have same problems as your daughter and i, one of them is my friend so i'm biased, but they all seem/ed very bright to me
>>
>>17196952
a slight correction, term used is visual snow, i'm drunk, sorry
>>
>>17196952

Thanks, Anon.

I have been curious as to whether the visual noise may be connected to her developing brain and the processing of visual data from her eyes, and you are correct - there isn't a lot of data. I have been reassured by a lot of people that it is relatively common in children and may or may not diminish as she ages.. there may also be a connected clinical reason for hallucinations that may explain the apparition - I understand that also. Regardless of any potential for paranormal involvement, it's all very interesting nonetheless and worth investigation, I think.

Thanks for your response, kind Anon.
>>
its part of a international conspiracy. multiple nations that are not even on paper friendly are trying to engineer a situation that the masses think is super natural for the sake of controlling the masses

a old case of mass hallucination in russia with a alleged angel being seen was the original test

since then attempts at increasing the effectiveness have been worked into other government projects like cia project mkultra

a couple of chemicals are added to the city water of participating nations. anything detected is written off as trace amounts pharmaceutical drugs that have survived the trip through a person and city water treatment facilities but in the alleged concentrations harmless

the problem is they use reverse osmosis . radioactive isotopes wont make it through. its added on the way out .

its labeled fluoride but its not fluoride. they made the switch 5 years ago approximately. a lot of cases of people reporting vibrations moving through them are a direct result of the chemical
>>
>>17196960

You're retarded for not actually reading my posts.
>>
>>17196975

Are these the same folks using mattress coils as brainwave antennae?
>>
>>17196878
>she describes as a checkered pattern/grid and colored dots overlaying her vision.

Aura migraine OP, I get the same thing. Sometimes you can have the visual disturbance without the typical migraine pain. Look up scintillating scotoma.
>>
>>17197775

I had considered migraines as a possibility, yes. Quite possible.
>>
>>17196878
Your daughter is a seer. Nothing unusual, give her these tips:

1. These are electrical spirits, where blood has been spilt on an object or place.
2. These spirits are friendly just want to be found. Tell your daughter to ask them to show them where they lay.
3. These spirits must listen to humans, if she gets scared she can tell them to go away and they will.
4. This gift will become very common with the new generation, she most likely already knows her own destiny, and yours.
5. If you aren't a deer will you be dead when Christ comes back, don't worry most will, let her know you will see her again.
6. She knows much more then you guys, so listen to anything sdhe tells you. Tell her to make her choices from you objectivity not fear.

Be happy, she is one of the chosen op.
>>
Hypnogogic hallucinations. People with insomia, high anxiety and children get them on the regular. That combined with an active imagination is most likely.
>>
>>17196878
I've had a similar situation happen to the daughter of a family friend as she was growing up. Their girl was about 6~7 years old when she reported seeing an old man around their house during the day as well as night. Her mother freaked out and called the local church, who came and prayed in their house. Whatever the pastor did, their daughter never saw the old man again. The church's explanation was that young children are more easily "impressionable" to malevolent forces. Take whatever I said with a pinch of salt, and good luck with your problem OP.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.