[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There was once a king who ruled over a very inhospitable land,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: Stańczyk.jpg (231KB, 794x594px) Image search: [Google]
Stańczyk.jpg
231KB, 794x594px
There was once a king who ruled over a very inhospitable land, full of crags, deserts, and swamps. People lived in poverty, barely earning enough to boil a pot of water, and this concerned the king.

The king had three advisers. He had a general, a merchant, and a fool. He asked his general, "How do I help my people?"

The general said, "We need to invade our neighbors and take their land!"

The king did not want to do this, because then people would die, and he did not want people to die.

The king then asked the merchant the same question.

The merchant said, "We should lower taxes so people can save money."

But the king did not want to do this either, because the kingdom's treasury was already scarce, and protecting the kingdom would be impossible with lower taxes.

The king finally asked the fool how to help the people of the kingdom.

The fool exclaimed, "Do nothing!"

The king said, "What of my people, fool?"

The fool said, "Trust in me."

The king was hesitant, but relented to the fool. He did nothing.

Over the next year, the kingdom flourished. Dry rivers ran blue with fresh water. Rain fell for the first time in many years. Mountains delivered bounties of fruits. People became rich, and the treasury had to be renovated to hold all the gold bullion.

The king one day asked the fool, "How did you know by waiting, we would prosper?"

The fool did not look at the king. "I didn't."

The king gasped. "What? You didn't know? You put my people at risk for a guess?"

The fool stared out the castle window. "If I was right, we would have lost no lives in war and save every coin we had."

The king reclined in his throne. "What if you were wrong?"

The fool looked at the king. "We would have all perished, and it wouldn't matter then."

The king did not know whether to hang the fool for his recklessness or praise him for his wisdom. But something else bothered the king.

"Why do anything at all, then?"

The fool smiled and walked away. "Why do you think I am a fool?"
>>
File: 1445480574276.jpg (55KB, 435x444px) Image search: [Google]
1445480574276.jpg
55KB, 435x444px
>>
>>17180603
...because there is nothing else better to do...

god bless anon, thanks.
>>
>>17181130
Very cummable face
>>
File: 1441642149031.jpg (411KB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
1441642149031.jpg
411KB, 3264x1952px
>>17181683
Too bad she's dead
>>
File: 1440616991818.jpg (8KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
1440616991818.jpg
8KB, 269x187px
>>17181130
>>
I wonder what a democracy would do?
>>
>>17180603
>applauded OP

Wonderful work.
>>
File: 1452067992047.jpg (272KB, 1028x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1452067992047.jpg
272KB, 1028x1469px
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.