[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/omg/: Banned from /his/ edition.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 53

File: Vessel of Our Lady.gif (201KB, 570x916px) Image search: [Google]
Vessel of Our Lady.gif
201KB, 570x916px
Hello, /x/.
First, the link:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

After how ever many weeks that was on /his/ we finally copped a ban, so I guess esoterica's going to be gently directed back here.

I've made at least two updates to the library, they can be found, should you remotely care, here: https://desustorage.org/his/, and I'm working on a document with the updates in them to post in the usual folder, I just need to get around to it.

Lots of chatter about Lemegeton, and a few folks talking about DBoE here and there.
>>
Kek, fun while it lasted

Magic doesn't real
>>
>>17164386
Oh, actually, spotted these two in the satanism thread:

>>17132643
>>17134608

One of them's probably Surgo (or you...?) but it'd be interesting to have more A.'.A.'. heads around
>>
File: vNJAYxY.jpg (426KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vNJAYxY.jpg
426KB, 1920x1080px
>>17164408
>Magic doesn't real
>>
>>17164386

/his/ is a full blown lefty shithole. Glad to be out of there
>>
>>17164421
It'd be nice, but I doubt much will come of it.

In any case, I replied and directed any potential discussion here.

I think tonight/tomorrow I'm going to fix my notes on HU, just to make everything nice and clear, add the bibliography, maybe a few of the websites I've found.

Hey, you may be right after all about the Watchtowers in Black Moon. The form of ritual at the front of Azoetia's the Black Moon. It's exorcisms call out to watchtowers.

I still don't fully understand Chumbley's underlying theories of entity usage. Some of these guys look sort of like constructions out of underlying syllabic principles.
>>
File: 1424264355019.png (108KB, 1200x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1424264355019.png
108KB, 1200x1330px
Anyway, I'm working on a new improved alchemy folder with the help of a kind anon.

>>17164466
>>
File: Compass Rose of Lilith.gif (105KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
Compass Rose of Lilith.gif
105KB, 500x574px
>>17164466
They haven't gone full /lit/ yet

Tbh, lot of good people there, though I guess /x/ is probably a bit more relevant for this, despite all the /his/-related stuff in the library.

>>17164470
Yeah I saw, you never know, could lead to good things. Even some knowledgable satanists would be cool, wouldn't mind picking that O9Afag's brain if he ever comes back.

Cool, I haven't done up any major notes on it, bar a brief outline. It's a main rite, so it's 'Black Eart plus something else', which actually makes it easier to grasp than I'd expected. The pain in the ass will be doing the rites outdoors, but by swapping out the boughs bit, I think it's doable indoors, or at least outdoors with a substitute fire (like candles in a bucket or some shit)

>Hey, you may be right after all about the Watchtowers in Black Moon. The form of ritual at the front of Azoetia's the Black Moon. It's exorcisms call out to watchtowers.

Yeah that was what made it think it originally. I figured Chumbley had basically just ripped it from GD and made it more draconian, but I wasn't sure. Tbqh, the Oracle one, while not in the 0=0, reminded me more of the LRP, so I'd kind of switched to thinking it was an extended form of that.

Tbqh I don't quite grasp it either. As a general question, it might be something the CS people could shed some light on
>>
File: 1443577077327.jpg (47KB, 500x636px) Image search: [Google]
1443577077327.jpg
47KB, 500x636px
>>17164498
I will be more or less incapable of groking Azoetia until I understand who, or what, Alogos is.

Magickal name? Transcendent entity? Constructed but fuckpowerful godform egregore? All of the above? None?

This also may be more Nath that it's letting on after a few dry readings. I dunno I just need to sit and think now that I've gotten all I want to transcribe taken care of.

RE: Azoetia, I can finally understand the first half of the book, and I get the second bit in theory but it just reads sort of incoherently to me alongside the rest of the CS material. I just don't interface with it man.

The cells will be singularly important. I see how they move in DBoE but the underlying semantics is lost in the complexity of syntax, if that makes any fucking sense.
>>
Question for those who can offer advice. If I have scried a given individual who would benefit me by a meeting, what are ways I could facilitate such a meeting? I have a physical description, but I don't have a name for moniker to use in order to call.
>>
>>17164557
If you have planets, colors, or zodiac signs you can get planets or sephira and construct rituals from there. Baseline is greater ritual of the hexagram.
>>
>>17164578
Unfortunately, I have none of that. I literally only have a physical description. I tried to get more with scrying, but I couldn't. Is there any other method you can recommend for me to acquire more specific information?
>>
>>17164585
Gimme your description, we'll go from there.
>>
>>17164589
Female, thin, sort of Mediterranean-looking but with light skin, but she migjt be suntanned. I can't see her eyes clearly. Hair is very dark, largely straight, with something of a wave, almost curl, right above her right shoulder. The end of the hair I can't see, so I don't know precisely how long it is. She appears to be in her early 20s, uses black mascara, and sometimes dark red lipstick, sometimes no makeup at all.

She usually wears dresses and skirts (I often see her with a red dress that has a black design on it), as opposed to jeans and t-shirts, or whatnot. She is shapely and somewhat curvaceous. She has a feeling of incredible purity, so I am inclined to believe she is still a virgin. She has a strong energy flow, so I believe she has at least an interest in or inclination towards the occult, perhaps practices already.

That's what I've got
>>
>>17164525
Alogos wasn't something I understood the last time I read it, but if I had to take a guess, I'd imagine Chumbley felt that for the Logos, there must be an equal Alogos (as with NOX and XON)...so technically not constructed as such, but pretty much Andrew-specfic.

Whether or not that guess will prove right or helpful is another thing.

>RE: Azoetia, I can finally understand the first half of the book, and I get the second bit in theory but it just reads sort of incoherently to me alongside the rest of the CS material. I just don't interface with it man.

I think we're on the right track though- my feeling is that though DBoE allows plebs like us to engage with the system, Azoetia is still the 'main' work, as such, so DBoE should be understood in the light of the Azoetia, rather than the other way around.

I'll have to take another look through it when I get a chance. That thing is completely incomprehensible from what I remember, but presumably that was Uncle Andy's intention
>>
File: Ruha Azra Qarina.jpg (256KB, 570x836px) Image search: [Google]
Ruha Azra Qarina.jpg
256KB, 570x836px
>>17164635
Try evoking mars, luna, and venus, in that order if mars isn't the ticket.

>>17164636
The Point of Qutub is probably going to help mediate, already seems to.
>>
>>17164669
>can't understand DBOE without Azoetia
>can't understand Azoetia without qutub

Who the fuck has money to actually buy these? That alone would cost well over a grand.

Xoanon claim that they want to attract people to CS, but then sperg out about piracy. What do they think will happen when they're keeping the supply so low when demand is so high? I just don't get it. It's no wonder people think CS is dying (rightly or wrongly), they really don't make it easier for themselves.

I'm almost hesitant to put shit on the wiki, as I'm kind of waiting for it to get taken down (when you search for the book, it's fairly high up the ranking, as virtually nothing has been written about it), but it'll be like the only source of info on this thing anywhere (not to mention a handy reference for me personally)

I think I better head to bed, I'm ranting at publishers now. Night.
>>
File: 1406170556370.gif (64KB, 694x798px) Image search: [Google]
1406170556370.gif
64KB, 694x798px
>>17164727
>he took the ink pill
>>
Can any kind anon tell me what this is all about?

I opened the Mega and I see a bunch of folders with weird names which I suppose contain books about... what? I am getting mixed vibes from reading your post.

What is this?
>>
>>17164779
It's a library of about 4.5k books including rare scans and hard to find expensive materials on occultism and magick.
>>
>>17164791

Dumb question.

Is it dangerous to look, read or explore these materials?
>>
>>17164669
WHO IS THIS SEMEN WHORE
>>
File: 1443326081719.png (22KB, 629x447px) Image search: [Google]
1443326081719.png
22KB, 629x447px
>>17164796
Why would it be?

I've been hosting these threads for like almost four years now.
>>
>>17164801

What is the correct way of diving into it for a complete beginner in the topic?
>>
>>17164669
First of all, thank you. Now, I only practice low magic, so I have no idea what I'm doing with evocation. Should the three be evoked in the same session or separately? If the latter, how long should I wait between moving on to the next, or how should I know if it worked? Also, aside from the basic ritual, what is supposed to be done?
>>
>>17164800
Ruha Azra Qarina, one of the Wytchmothers and circle guardians, derived from Mandean conceptions of the void, and is both mother and bride to the Seven Headed Dragon.

She's essentially Crowley's Babalon, or an analog of Barbelo to the Gnostics.
>>
File: 1444169046876.jpg (43KB, 471x400px) Image search: [Google]
1444169046876.jpg
43KB, 471x400px
>>17164809
Try mars and if that don't work moved down the list. HOPEFULLY that'll get your skryings stronger. Only move on if you don't get results.

You can approach via a lot of methods, super strict golden dawn stuff from Ritual Magic Manual, or just use a few brief orations and sigilizations from like Lemegeton or Agrippa. Really it's how involved you'd like to get into the practices.

>>17164807
Start reading.

>>17164803
>it's a shitpost post
>>
>>17164811
Ruhr Aza Karina, one of the Wytchdumbs and circle guardians, derived from Mendacious conceptions of the void, and is mother + bride to the Seven Dicked Dragon.
he's essentially a cucked Babalon, or an analog of Barbolob to the Gnostics.
>>
File: 1444280128681.png (146KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
1444280128681.png
146KB, 480x352px
>>17164843
>it's a shittier shitpost post
>>
File: Vidumec_15x15.png (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Vidumec_15x15.png
12KB, 240x240px
>>17164849
>>
>>17164849
are you an ape or what
>>
>>17164849
>look at me i'm famous - wannabe

haha fag
>>
>>17164867
>>17164867
Hey, don't knock DF.
>>
>>17164896
DF IS /X AND YOU'RE THE DEMIURGE
>>
>>17164835
Ah, so the evocations are meant to improve the scrying. Honestly, my scrying is more a means to an end, but I'll take that advice anyway and see what I can do with it. Thanks.
>>
File: cherubim-blake.jpg (126KB, 520x697px) Image search: [Google]
cherubim-blake.jpg
126KB, 520x697px
>>17164907
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUS0981IoZ8
>>
>Banned from /his/ edition
God dammit
>>
File: 1443222336004.jpg (9KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1443222336004.jpg
9KB, 250x247px
>>17165215
I know m8.
>>
>>17164386
Figured it was only a matter of time. Pity, they asked good questions and got up to some good shit that this lot has yet to get into like animism and stuff.
>>
Name fagging for the gonsu
>>
The moon is WANING and its time to get rid of old things and banishing and shit. I made a golem and programmed him to put a holy field around my house, as a redundancy because I already have one up. I just wanted to make a golem because I was reading about it and I think it''s the same one I imagined up in 4th grade.

I'm also annexing my neighbors Oak tree which borders the eastern part of my property and am gonna consecrate it on the 9th to up my force field using frankincense and myrrh.

Please like and subscribe to my comments.
>>
>>17165364
>I'm also annexing my neighbors Oak tree which borders the eastern part of my property
You should probably ask your neighbours permission first desu senpai
>>
>>17164669
>mars, luna, and venus
because red, virgin and pretty lady?
>>
>>17165373
"Hi, I'm not a witch but I kinda am. Can I consecrate this tree which is on the border of our property for spiritual protection?"

"No. Get off my property and if I see you on it I'm calling the cops."

Vs

"Hey what are you doing?"

"Anointing the tree in the name of the lord."

"Uh..k."

"God bless."

it's not HIS tree. It's no one's tree. i just want to consecrate it and activate its powers of protection and also flow it into my own field.
>>
File: Silence.png (600KB, 594x867px) Image search: [Google]
Silence.png
600KB, 594x867px
>>17164386
Hey guys,
I am interested in incorporating Liber Resh into my meditations, and have some questions. I can’t find this information around, so help’s appreciated!

Crowley gives a recommendation for the non-A.’A.’ folk:

Dawn: all four L.V.X. Signs
Noon: Sign of Fire, Thoum-aesh-neith
Sunset: Sign of Air, the God Shu supporting the sky
Midnight: Sign of Water, the Goddess Auramoth

-How would I use all 4 LVX signs while giving the adoration at dawn? I’ve read that you can just use Osiris Slain, but I want to stick to Crowley’s suggestion.

-Where can I find where the following signs come from? Are there any hieroglyphs or art of these Gods/Goddesses that can help me here? I can’t find anything about them.
>Sign of Fire, Thoum-aesh-neith
>Sign of Water, the Goddess Auramoth

“5. And after each of these invocations thou shalt give the sign of silence, and afterward thou shalt perform the adoration that is taught thee by thy Superior. And then do thou compose Thyself to holy meditation.”

-Where can I learn more about these taught adorations, after I have experience with Crowley’s recommendation? Is there a book that includes a system of adorations and signs used for the advancing self practitioner? How about the actual ones used for A.’A.’ members? There’s an example of a recommended adoration at the bottom of this website:
http://thelemicgoldendawn.net/documents/resh.htm

“4. Lastly, at Midnight, let him greet the Sun, facing North...”

-How would you best approach this? Two suggestions I’ve read were to do it RIGHT before bed, or while the moon is risen in the sky at night. Going to sleep, suddenly waking up at midnight to Resh, and back to bed seems VERY tedious.

-At work, the only option for the noon adoration is to be done mentally. Would doing 3/4s of these adorations out loud and one mentally/silently be any different than doing all four out loud? Could this in anyway skew the intended results? Thank-you!
>>
>>17165364
>The moon is WANING and its time to get rid of old things
what are the different phases of the moon supposed to be for, eg are you suppsoed to do specific stuff during a waxing moon, full moon, etc.?
>>
Came from James Wasserman's lecture. He shilled a new book, a collaboration of sorts of many of those in the O.T.O. of whom are high degrees in stature as a surprise to Hymaneus Beta. Book topic is essentially distilling the truth of the Order from those of whom that claim to "speak for them", basically, once again reaffirming the Caliphate as the true Order and no one speaks as the Order except for those in it.

As expected, lots of rambling about things covered in distant pasts and lectures that have been done before. No real noteworthy questions.

Lots of really cringey looking people. I mean, take 2005 and apply the fashion sense to today. Trench coats, New Balance sneakers, the whole 9 yards though some people were dressed really well and looked very presentable. Overall, a varying display of a crowd. Which is welcomed, I didn't know what to expect.

Wasserman was fine. I wish he actually had more time and would've actually lectured and not talked so meaninglessly about nothing at all. I feel as if a lot of the hour there was wasted.

The book selection was pleasant. Prices fair. I had no real money to spend so I left.

Oh, lastly, the Order wants to turn themselves into a publishing company, therefore instilling themselves as the only proprietor in publications. I guess that was the biggest gasp of the lecture.

Feel free to ask anything else, nothing of real substance happened. Except for getting really soul piercing glares from Wasserman.
>>
File: Lilith.gif (141KB, 500x725px) Image search: [Google]
Lilith.gif
141KB, 500x725px
>>17166550
>
Lots of really cringey looking people. I mean, take 2005 and apply the fashion sense to today. Trench coats, New Balance sneakers, the whole 9 yards though some people were dressed really well and looked very presentable. Overall, a varying display of a crowd. Which is welcomed, I didn't know what to expect.

Thelemic groups here tend to have a lot of those guys, it kind of put me off having any contact with them.

So OTO wants to switch (some of) its focus to publishing? Huh, interesting. Probably more money in it I guess. Looks like we'll have to back up the library if that happens. Should probably do it anyway, come to think of it
>>
>>17165621
Signs should be in Liber O, they're basically just the Golden Dawn grade signs.

I was never sure what the second bit referred to, Ape might have more insight there. I know some groups do the 'Unity uttermost showed....' bit, but it's not really necessary.

As for timings, kind of depends how anal you want to be about it, but I always did it:
>Dawn
When you get up
>Midday
At 12 noon
>Sunset
At sunset
>Midnight
Before bed

Never saw a point in ruining your sleep cycle when its not necessary to do so.

And yeah, no problem doing it astrally, it's the same thing in practice.
>>
Different name, same retard. You know who i am. If i am looking to invoke The Hierophant, and the corresponding sephiroth, how would i go on about at?

Try visualisation meditation, just go straigh into it and try to meditate hard on the image of The Hierophant, or should i dress the whole thing up to make it more of a ritual?

If so, what corresponds with it, fragrances, colors, etc.

All advice and opinions greatly appreciated
>>
>>17166823
Hierophant corresponds to a path, rather than a sephirah.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?
>>
>>17164421
I'm the A.'. A.'. guy from the Satanism thread. I used to namefag, but that is really not worth it. Too much baggage involved makes it also a bit of a problem. Feel free to ask me about anything you want to know, beyond basic stuff.
>>
>>17165621
>grade signs
http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Ritual_signs

>adoration
For A.'.A.'. it comes out of Treasurehouse of Images, and it depends on your instruction but generally speaking you'll be using rising or sun sign.

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib963.html

>-How would I use all 4 LVX signs while giving the adoration at dawn? I’ve read that you can just use Osiris Slain, but I want to stick to Crowley’s suggestion.
Just use 'em like you're doing LRH.

>midnight
Literal solar midnight. You should fuck your schedule too hard with a pair of quick naps or going full blown polyphasic.

Resh should take like three minutes unless you're dragging ass. You REALLY are unable to go "take a leak"?

>>17166550
Oh, so it's Equinox 3:10 all over again? How original!

AND doubling down on being the One True and Honest Legitimate 'Believe us THIS Time'™ Ordo Templi Orientis®? Cute.

Maybe it's just the fact I'm in business casual just about every fucking day of my life and I'm used to dealing with people dressed better and worse than me all damn day as well, but I don't care what someone looks like, I care what they have to say.

Believe it or not this does nothing to fix the cringe factor.

>Wasserman was fine
No, he's a pigfucker.

>Order wants to be a publishing company
If you'd listened to my audio leaks of the Bill Breeze election minutes you'd know that. Z was getting emails for a while back and forth from the Order to someone I spent a fair bit of time with instructing them on how to corner the market on non-English AC publishing and like give ToS violations, how to justify, etc. Breeze wanted to sue the piss out of Seckler for using the name A.'.A.'.

The people surprised by this haven't been paying attention and/or are fools.

>>17166802
All it takes to back up the library is delete your imported copy in mega and reimport each update. I've got at least two back up accounts.
>>
>>17166847
What lies beyond the basic stuff, have you seen it yet?
>>
>>17166847
Nice to meet you, m8

What lineage are you with, if that's an answerable question?
>>
>>17166886
Define 'basic stuff'.

After probationer there's initiation. Pyramidos/ThROA. Then Neophyte, Astral Projection, really learning yoga, etc. Then Cadaveris, Zelator, testing in yoga, b8ing the angel as per HHH, Practicus, which covers Kabbalah, specializing in a divination system, use of Liber Tvrris (not near as hard as AC implies),

Philosophus has you working without a net, largely. You're tested in devotion to the Order. As your contact with the Angel becomes more coherent, you go through Dominus Liminus, the veil of paroketh, etc., and devise a ritual of contact using the principles of The Vision and the Voice.

Then comes doubling down on magick now that you've gotten K&C, culminating in the publication of an exemption thesis and the ordeal of the abyss after which coherent material drops off significantly.
>>
>>17166886
Nothing is really basic. You learn continuously, making new gains and starting at Probationer each time. The symbolic meaning of which is in the use of the robe, which is that of a Probationer. One does not ever cease to be in testing.

>>17166907
I can't really answer this question, for less obvious reasons.

>>17166908
I'm basically at the point where I want to espouse the ideals of the Order as best as I can. I have a bit of a knack with words and languages, so I have a lot of work ahead of me. Part of me wants to expand some of the literature of the A.'. A.'. in terms of certain countries/regions. I think the whole of Asia is a virtually untapped place in this regard. There is a lot of talk about their cultures, but little in the way of "hard A.'. A.'." lit for those places.
>>
File: dildos.jpg (352KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dildos.jpg
352KB, 1200x1200px
>WHAT KIND OF RP IS THIS
>SPEAK ENGLISH

>GTFO THIS IS RP

Sec.Def. Paul Hellyer Canada testifies USA is allied with aliens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgUYEQ_2QpU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv8XB3qE8JM
>>
I don't believe for a minute that any of you actually practice yoga
>>
>>17166973
What do you want to know about yoga?

It's not just stretching and making your body suffer. It's a whole body of knowledge and theory. You bend the mind almost as much as you do the body. I'd wager to say you bend the mind more, but that is taking it a bit too far.
>>
>>17166973
Why?

It's not exactly uncommon
>>
>>17166973
Recordings say otherwise.
>>
>>17166958
>I'm basically at the point where I want to espouse the ideals of the Order as best as I can. I have a bit of a knack with words and languages, so I have a lot of work ahead of me. Part of me wants to expand some of the literature of the A.'. A.'. in terms of certain countries/regions. I think the whole of Asia is a virtually untapped place in this regard. There is a lot of talk about their cultures, but little in the way of "hard A.'. A.'." lit for those places.

Why be an Evangelist for a religion that's already practically dead?
>>
File: tree_of_life_diagram_with_names5.jpg (141KB, 762x1354px) Image search: [Google]
tree_of_life_diagram_with_names5.jpg
141KB, 762x1354px
>10 minutes into meditation and chill
>feel light headed and relaxed, like I'm no longer trapped by all my anxiety, depression and ego for a little while
>suddenly start getting vivid images of what looked like pic related but the left side was slanted halfway down
>explore it a little, come across some weird colorful spiral in the center
>get the urge to stop

what could it mean, guise?
>>
>>17167264
Nothing, but I'm sure some theletubbie will make something up that aligns with their cult teachings.
>>
>>17167264
Tbh, depending on your meditation technique it probably means youare a sloppy meditator. What were you practicing
>>
>>17164386
Good historical background on lenegeton?
>>
File: Fractal-Kabbalah.jpg (119KB, 756x576px) Image search: [Google]
Fractal-Kabbalah.jpg
119KB, 756x576px
>>17167264
your hod is slanted... which must mean... you read too much occultism which got registered by your subconscious which is trying to tell you to focus on the material world and chill with the magic because it is not real :^)))
The spiral indicates you were looking at a fractal qabbalah.
The 7, 33 and 64 in the post time are some synchronities you attracted with the post.
>>
>>17167252
It's not a religion. It's a system of philosophy and living, which uses the symbolism of religion. To espouse the ideals is not to evangelize the faith, since there is no such thing. One is championing personal freedom, which is hardly a thing one has to believe or take on faith.

>>17167277
The results of meditation can come from how one sees the act. If one sees it as a practice of a religion, then one will get religious results. If one sees it as self-evaluation then one will gain insights into one's self. The best results come from gaining knowledge of one's nature and powers.
>>
File: 1451661142138.png (306KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1451661142138.png
306KB, 600x700px
>>17167343
Jake Stratton Kent's Geosophia.

>>17167264
>>17167302
>What were you practicing
>>
>>17167484
Not sure what you are implying
>>
>>17167544
That it'd be nice to know what dude was practicing exactly before I comment on his result or the commentaries of others upon his result.
>>
>>17167476
>It's a system of philosophy and living, which uses the symbolism of religion.
That's a religion, though "cult" might be slightly more accurate.

>The best results come from gaining knowledge of one's nature and powers.
>The results of meditation can come from how one sees the act.
Do you honestly not see the contradiction here?
>>
>>17165460
I was honestly rather confused about it myself
>>
File: 1368129552875.png (821KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1368129552875.png
821KB, 1600x1200px
Oh venerable tripfag

what sacrifice must I make so that you turn the mega link into a torrent.

I wish to take all your knowledge

please.
>>
>>17167938
There is no contradiction.
>>
>>17166806
>And yeah, no problem doing it astrally, it's the same thing in practice

Thank-you GD man, your post was really helpful!

>>17166879
>...,kind of depends how anal you want to be about it,... Never saw a point in ruining your sleep cycle when its not necessary to do so.
>Resh should take like three minutes unless you're dragging ass. You REALLY are unable to go "take a leak"?

These are very good points!

>http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib963.html
This also includes adorations for people that don't know their sun or rising sign. Awesome!

>Just use 'em like you're doing LRH.
http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib6.html

I would like to clarify the procedure of the dawn adoration, if you don't mind.
So I wake up, then do the following:

(iii) ...and say: "The Sign of Osiris Slain"
(iv)... and say, "The Sign of the Mourning of Isis"
(v) ...and say, The Sign of Apophis and Typhon"
(vi)... and say, "The Sign of Osiris Risen."
(vii) Extend the arms again as in (iii) and cross them again as in (vi) saying: "L.V.X., Lux, the Light of the Cross".
then standing in Osiris Risen, give the adoration, "Hail unto Thee who art Ra in Thy rising...etc". Then close with the sign of silence. Is this OK?
>>
>>17168022

Seeing somthing however you want is the exact opposite of "knowledge".

This seems to crop up everywhere in occultism.
>>
>>17168309
Yup.
>>
Idle bump
>>
And another.
>>
>>17167984
This. It's a great idea, also works as a backup.
>>
>>17168976
Someone made a torrent for it long ago but it's outdated as fuck at this point.
>>
>>17168572
>Yup.
Awesome!

Just one last thing:

Where can I find information about these Goddesses?:
- Thoum-aesh-neith
- the Goddess Auramoth

I can't find anything anywhere. I *think* Thoum-aesh-neith refers to this egyptian goddess:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neith

For Auramoth, only Illurrrrrrminaty conspiracies pops up, and this greek goddess:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_%28mythology%29

Any advice here?
>>
>>17169091
Yeah this is kind of what I was suggesting earlier- to back it up physically rather than just in the cloud.

Billy can't stick his hand into your hard drive ;)
>>
>>17168951
I DL quite a bit. Couldn't find anything on summoning a Jinn.

Can you direct me.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 716x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 716x400px
Is autofellatio occult? I mean, if sex magic is a thing, and sperm is seen as a source of energy or whatever, will sucking my own dick make me all powerful?
>>
>>17169420
Lol hahaha. The pickture is perfect too lol.

Thanks anon I needed a fookin giggle
>>
>>17169303
>Auramoth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mut

>>17169407
I got nothin' m8.
>>
>>17169590
What about Babylonian magic?
>>
>>17167484
>Jake Stratton Kent's Geosophia.
thanks

You have Kent in your library?
>>
How's ken wilber?
>>
>>17164386
They banned your thread from /his/? Kek.
Oh well. The search continues.
>>
>>17169693
Rightly so this guy doesnt know shit about history.
>>
File: 1451857050230.png (229KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451857050230.png
229KB, 500x600px
>>17169622
What about it? Sumerian anti witchcraft spells in the grimoires folder, I think it's just a string of numbers.

>>17169666
>666
Yes, Grimoires folder.

>>17169687
?

>>17169707
Yeah, if only I would have source Triadic Heart of Shiva instead of Kiss of the Yogini we'd still have threads there...
>>
>>17169739
>?
You have a folder with his books, I was curious about what sort of opinion you have of him. I wasn't impressed by what i read, i think he misrepresents evolution, but it seems like some smart people hold him in high regard.
>>
>>17169739
>Yes, Grimoires folder.
Grabbing Geosophia now, big thanks. Anything else of his in there? Got started on that dboe reading list btw
>>
>>17169752
>ken wilber
Where? A quick scan of his bibliography's not ringing any bells.

>>17169757
For Lemegeton? Hm...Grimorium Verum, JSK's edition, and Greek Magickal Papyrus. Maybe some of the Greek ritual reconstruction and codices of sacred law if you wanna get super historical about it.
>>
>>17165750
New moon is for new beginnings, and bringing things up. Waxing moon is for raising things and strengthening.

Full moon is for ending things and bring things down. Waning moon is for banishing and weakening.
>>
>>17167264
Nothing. It's a ruse.
>>
>>17169772
>Where? A quick scan of his bibliography's not ringing any bells.

Funny, can't find the damn thing now, i swear i saw it 20 minutes ago

>>17169772
>For Lemegeton? Hm...Grimorium Verum, JSK's edition, and Greek Magickal Papyrus. Maybe some of the Greek ritual reconstruction and codices of sacred law if you wanna get super historical about it.

And I do! But actually I was asking what other works in your library were written by JSK. Grabbed the true grimoire and his verum, anything else?
>>
File: 1451868415808.jpg (60KB, 789x960px) Image search: [Google]
1451868415808.jpg
60KB, 789x960px
>>17169797
Yeah he's got a shitton of pamphlets on various just random fucking topics in their own folder in Grimoires.

Think he at least contributed to a couple of the books in the Voodoo/Africa folder.

>>17169785
Everything is a ruse, m8.
>>
>>17169739
No there is something wrong with what you consider evidence.
Its laughable.
>>
>>17169805
>Everything is a ruse, m8.

No. That is a ruse.
>>
File: 1451490421817.jpg (58KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1451490421817.jpg
58KB, 600x601px
>>17169806
Well if you got a chuckle out of us we still provided you a service so thanks for stopping in :3

>>17169807
>being this lost this deep in the ruse cruise
>>
>>17169739
OK imma check it out

I didnt like some of the stuff I read it was fake and plain stupid.

I can spot the fake stuff.
>>
>>17169819
Direct link so you don't have to root around for it.
https://mega.nz/#!VRRxDJbY!Q_z1eBLUhEuY6sGRqRtyciY4005aAlrA6BQYcOPxhwQ
>>
>>17168362
the belief is stronger than the knowledge itself,
>>
>>17169829
Ive downloaded the solomon from the grimoire folder...

Is that what you linked me too?...Im gonna read that one see whats in it.
>>
just a question, what is your stance on god, satan and other holy forces (angels etc)
>>
File: wilson-0532-2.jpg (50KB, 264x300px) Image search: [Google]
wilson-0532-2.jpg
50KB, 264x300px
>>17169871
I think all of the above are valid in some sense, false in another, true and false in another, false and true in another, and incomprehensible in some sense as well.
>>
>>17169908
>I think all of the above are valid in some sense, false in another, true and false in another, false and true in another, and incomprehensible in some sense as well.
>>17169908
I think he means are you for em or agin em
>>
File: tumblr_nnhihpU35D1ssnktoo1_1280.jpg (1018KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnhihpU35D1ssnktoo1_1280.jpg
1018KB, 1280x1280px
>>17169590
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mut
>"Mut was a title of the primordial waters of the cosmos...."

Perfect! Thanks a bunch man!

I forgot to mention something about your library some time back:

Two titles in an update seem to be funny:
"A Devotional Mass for Cain the Tiller"
"The Descendants of Cain"

The first one is an unopenable file. The second one can be loaded in microsoft word, but the images are gone.

Really loved all the threads on /his/; it really is a shame that this was banned (even though there's a fucking Christianity general on there right now!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGGpgVqkb8M
>Spot the priestess
>That tall bald dude
>>
>>17169814
You are dumb. I wish god kills you.
>>
File: implying.gif (169KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
169KB, 700x400px
>>17170033
>>
>>17169871
God is the king of all and anyone who goes against him gets fucked in the butt. Satan is a scrub who made a run at the crown but got buttfucked because there is no higher attainment than god and he defends. Angels are based but each of them is temporal. Being like jesus is eternal.
>>
>>17170041
You're scum. You're low and you think you're high. I will be okay when you fall in the pit of despair.
>>
>>17170041
I am someone else that also thinks youre an asshole.
>>
File: thanks.jpg (63KB, 434x618px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
63KB, 434x618px
>>17170063
>>17170067
>>
>>17166973
Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion
>>
>>17169908
what a way to dodge the answer
>>
>>17170185
wtf are you looking for?

Ok, if you want a coherent answer, how about defining all them vague words like 'god', 'satan', 'angel', 'holy', and 'force'.
>>
>>17170213
as in christian ''God'', angels defined by ''the holy bible'' etc.

what do you consider god?

what kind of position do you hold jesus in?
>>
>>17166828

>What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

I need help with severity towards the self. Restrain the ego.
>>
>>17169834
That is known as "bias", not "knowledge".
How are you supposed to argue that "occult studies" are of any value whatsoever, when you can't make such a basic distinction?
Or do you just resort to "LE everybody is as biased as me"?
>>
>>17166802
>Reason why to stay away from them

It's quite depressing. Yes, I understand fashion is a very non-important factor in many cases but to perpetuate the stigma of occultists that literally live in dungeons and never see the light of day was a bit sad to see. I usually don't care to remark much on fashion sense but a faux-leather trench coat, long brimmed hat and an umbrella (wasn't raining) to a lecture is just cringe as FUCK.

>>17166879
Well, admittedly, I don't know Wasserman as well as you do presumably, I can only judge based on what I've seen of him in person but truth be told, I haven't really researched him or his past. As per the publishing excerpts, simple case of not knowing prior to finding out in the lecture.

But hey, that's why we have generals, right?
>>
>>17170213
those words aren't vague. You're dumb.
>>
>>17164386

I need to do an investigation / paper on a subject that involves some topics I barely know of.

Basically I need to know about Cults in general. People worshipping or idolizing Figures, entities, people or Gods. Organizations or Societies (secret?) that are centered around these type of ideologies, etc.

You seem to know a lot about many things, do you happen to know any good sources for what I wish to learn? Books, papers, anything would be good really.
>>
>>17170699
Done before but never a bore! Research Crowley. Man has more titles than most athletes.

Accomplished poet, mountaineer, occultist, traveler. His entire life was a story from beginning to end.

To give you a small piece to perhaps look into, I'd say, the creation of 'The Book of the Law'.

For specific groups, I'd say for a challenge The Chorozon Club or for something with a lot of easy sources, Golden Dawn or Ordo Templi Orientis.

Countless organizations. If you wanted to be a little more outside Thelemic and Masonic ideologies. Order of the Nine Angels.
>>
>>17170767

I see.

This investigation is supposed to support me in the creation of paper related to the idolization of figures.

Do you have any other leads that could tell me about other ancient organizations and their beliefs?

Thanks for the answer, btw, this is appreciated and will look into it right away.
>>
>>17170785
Not off the top of my head, really. Though, if you are doing such a paper then Crowley would be your best bet. Man founded a religion, a new way of life. For most, he comes natural to the tongue when speaking of Western occultism. Though, there is a book on the man and his life, it's around 127 pages long if I recall correctly that gives a very accurate representation of his life.

If someone could remember, that'd be nice. As for idols and idolization, you mean like Crowley or deities? The latter is harder to compress as basic occultism isn't so much worship as it is for the use of working in tandem with.

Lastly put, I'm by no means an expert in occultism, I'm a simple follower, reading and picking up information on the go. I'd recommend you wait for one of the tripcodes to post, they have a very extensive labyrinth of knowledge that'll put you on the right path if you so desire.
>>
>>17170880

>As for idols and idolization, you mean like Crowley or deities?

Deities. Statues, symbols. Us Christians, we worship the cross. We make the sign, for the father, the son and the holy spirit. Stuff like that.

For now you have given me a huge lead, will read some of Crowleys Bibliography and start from that.

Thanks a lot
>>
File: image.jpg (586KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
586KB, 800x1200px
Opinion on http://bluefluke.deviantart.com/gallery/52627976/THE-PSYCHONAUT-FIELD-MANUAL? Is it a good place for a beginner to start?
>>
>>17171156
If you're gonna follow whatever you see blindly then you are doomed whether you start there or not. If you are not, then you a blessed no matter where you start. It's probably interesting but I guarantee its not 100% true and will get you haunted if you don't discern the bad.
>>
>>17170285
>Christian God
Unmoved mover? Sky Daddy? Canaanite Storm God? Kabbalistic function of the universe?

Yes, no, barely, yes, in that order.

I personally understand God (YHVH) to be deaf, blind, and dumb, or absent entirely.

Angels as they appear in the old scriptures, sure, I buy that more than the sky daddy notion of God.

Jesus was an 8.5/10 teacher like all the old Masters of the Temple, but he's not my Lord.

>>17170446
Yoga.

>>17170656
Yeah, I just REALLY don't like Wasserman, or Scriven, or Hadeed, or Dionysus, or Breeze, or Jungkurth, or Gunther, or Starr, etc., etc., etc.

>>17170699
First, for whom or what is this paper? History? Comparative religion? Philosophy?

For the cults of idol worship, first read up on Austin Osman Spare who was an ex-student of Crowley and would wank into clay pots and use those vessels as storage for self programmed spirits; Fraternitas Saturni does something very similar with GOTOS but with more Crowley. Cultus Sabbati uses a vessel like Spare's but with the addition of blood.

>>17170785
Define 'figure'.

>>17170892
Symbols are everywhere in occultism and not always worshiped. Nobody's worshiping the sigil of an entity from Lemegeton, it's more of an anchor point for the spirit you're evoking and your concentration.

Again, look into Spare, Cultus Sabbati, and Fraternitas Saturni.

>>17171156
>>17171249
I don't get why that thing has so much traction with newfriends? Is it the art?
>>
>>17171650

>Yoga.

I have a fucked up back, so hatha Yoga is kind of out of the question for me. I'm narrowed down to various forms of meditaion, i'm afraid.
>>
>>17171709
How fucked? No vipassana fucked?
>>
>>17171709
The important aspect to yoga is theory. The rest of it, the physical aspects that everyone knows about are secondary. You learn discipline through sitting in place for long periods of time. It also helps one to notice the small changes internally. The pranic currents are subtle and how they affect one is not readily apparent except with time and experience. One does not have to be a yogi, but the archetype helps in the occult.
>>
File: 1418362256149.gif (1021KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1418362256149.gif
1021KB, 500x250px
>>17171249
>>17171650
It seems like a simplistic and easy to follow guide for introducing yourself to this stuff, basically babbies first attempt at the occult. Plus my impossibly small attention span is held together by the pictures and simplistic appealing layout of information.

I've been trying to get into the occult for awhile now and I always end up getting bored or scared of the commitment, dropping it while telling myself I can figure it out later, then picking it back up again from the start when it comes back into my interest. I'm not a very good learner and I have zero willpower and very little ability to commit.
>>
>>17171972
>I'm not a very good learner and I have zero willpower and very little ability to commit.
Fix that and the rest follows.
>>
>>17172005
I'm trying, I can't focus or meditate properly, but the remedy for that seems to be sitting down and meditating. It's a bit infuriating, especially when meditation seems to be the foundation for a bunch of stuff. I want to improve myself but everything I'm trying to fix or need to fix other things seems to be broken to the point of retardation.
>>
>>17164386
When I saw the thumbnail, I thought it was a succubis leaning forward with a gaping asshole and horse vagina wearing some strange leg warmers.
>>
>>17172020
>but the remedy for that seems to be sitting down and meditating.
>23
>ΚΕΦΑΛΗ ΚΓ
>SKIDOO

What man is at ease in his Inn?
Get out.
Wide is the world and cold.
Get out.
Thou hast become an in-itiate.
Get out.
But thou canst not get out by the way thou camest in. The Way out is THE WAY.
Get out.
For OUT is Love and Wisdom and Power.
Get OUT.
If thou hast T already, first get UT.
Then get O.
And so at last get OUT.
>>
>>17172033
Freud is having a seizure, thanks Obama.
>>
>>17171972
You've come to the right place!
Magic is, at its core, a shirking of all personal responsibility and growth. You're not "unable to commit", it's really astral forces keeping you away! Time to play imaginary fight time in your head with imaginary entities!

See, don't you feel like that was a productive accomplishment and self improvement? It wasn't, of course, because you didn't actually do or accomplish anything, but you can still trick the reward center in your brain!

This is the heart of magic. Make up all the crazy, nonexistent problems you want, and pretend to fix them with nonexistent magical tomfoolery.
>>
>>17172271
This is some bullshit. No occultist worth his salt would ever think this way. It's all about working hard, working to improve one's self. This is shitposting. You're quite obviously trolling this thread, like a stupid child who thinks shit and piss on the floor is funny. Just fuck off until you're old enough to be on this site.
>>
>>17172033
I thought that too, anon
>>
english copy of germains triangle book anywhere?
>>
Can anyone suggest me a place where I can read astrological predictions for this year? Signs and stuff
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 236x314px
Shivite masterrace reporting in, your god are crossdressing faggots.
>>
>>17172359
Om Namah Shivaya
>>
>>17172365
Hare Hare Mahadev!
>>
>>17171650
>the sky daddy notion of God.
is this even in the bible?
>>
>>17172275
>No occultist worth his salt would ever think this way.
Of course the occultist himself wouldn't think that, doh. He's busy thinking about all the magical astral demons.
>>
Ahh time to begin my sweet, sweet shitpost spree

>>17172271
You imply there are problems, a reward from the reward center of the brain. In fact theres is none of it, youre the one making shit up here senpai, stretching that to magic isnt a big jump.

>>17172275
Every occultist worth his salt woll think that way. But only a shitty occultist will limit himself to that view. Its a fact that there is little magick in magick, even in evocation with physical apparition. Its 90% a mind ability, but at the same time you cannot say that its 100% illusion.

My advice is to not go either way. Sprituality is the only smart move once you think about why you do occultism.

>>17171972
Then fuck off faggot desu

>>17171709
Dont worry. 1% of yoga is hatha. The rest is... Ahh just read the yoga sutras of patanjali. Its an amazing practice

>>17170699
A man who vomits on his creation isnt really smart, is he?
>>
>>17172275
>It's all about working hard, working to improve one's self.
No, it's about pretending to work hard to improve imaginary things like "strengthening the energy body" or "opening chakras" or "climbing the shrub of life". You know damn well that's the truth.

>even in evocation with physical apparition
Which obviously doesn't exist, which is why we don't have millions of photographs of demons
>>
File: CX4fi46WMAESo90.jpg (68KB, 702x576px) Image search: [Google]
CX4fi46WMAESo90.jpg
68KB, 702x576px
>>
File: word-search.jpg (2MB, 1964x1759px) Image search: [Google]
word-search.jpg
2MB, 1964x1759px
>>17172599
Now that looks cool. I'm sorry to say this, but paper covers rock. I win.
>>
>>17172614
Can't tell if you're trolling or just retarded.
>>
>>17164386
When will these roleplaying threads be banned from /x/ as well?
>>
>>17172616
You aren't sure if I'm trolling or retarded. I have to ask, but are you retarded? Of course I'm trolling. I'm a serious occultist, but we need to laugh every once in a while too. Laugh with the cruel god. Don't cry, because he likes that.
>>
>>17172631
Can we wordfilter "roleplay" to "I am a faggot please rape my face, boipussy, and mouth" ASAP? I think it would make this board that much better and perhaps help identify the faggots.
>>
File: 1444277094296.jpg (94KB, 540x398px) Image search: [Google]
1444277094296.jpg
94KB, 540x398px
>>17172631
I dunno, maybe when I start copping bans for them? I present maybe just under 1k academic titles, half the reason I moved these to /his/, but nobody ever wants to talk about them.
>>
>>17172646
>academic
Let me guess, you also have a bachelor's in summoning
>>
>>17172652
Anthropology, spec'd in archaeology, actually, IJS the shitposters and STEMfags never want to actually discuss any of the academic material I present.
>>
>>17172665
Well, duh. What kind of STEM related academic material could you possibly have on powers that nobody has?
>>
>>17172683
The occult has in it the following sciences -
1. Linguistics
2. Archeology
3. Anthropology
4. Physics
5. Sociology
6. Pharmacology
7. Chemistry
8. Archiology
9. Nuerobiology
10. Psychiatry
>>
>>17172556
and you know damn well the truth is actually unknown itt
>>
>>17172697
No, actually, it just butchers them when convenient and provides nothing on return to any of those things, save Anthropology, aka "look at these stupid things people used to believe."
>>
File: physis.png (581KB, 478x668px) Image search: [Google]
physis.png
581KB, 478x668px
>>17172731
>>17172699
>>17172697
I'm just glad you folks keep the thread bumped for me.
>>
>>17172750
Here, have another pity bump. I'm sorry you wasted all that time trying to gain magical powers for nothing.
>>
>>17172683
The occult has in it the following sciences -
1. Lingusitics
2. Archiology
3. Anthorpology
4. Physicks
5. Sotiology
6. Pharmacongoy (AKA TRansversing the MEtaverse)
7. Chemistries and such
8. Archeology
9. Nuerobiology
10. Psychiatrists

Well, duh
>>
>>17172750

Sure Homo
>>
>>17166879
>I don't care what someone looks like, I care what they have to say.

If a person doesn't look like they have their life in some degree of order, I don't care what they have to say.

If a person is well-dressed but acts neurotic, I don't care. It's an issue of appearance showing their values and whether they respect their peers. Simple as that.

>>17166847
Which lineage, brah?

I went through Eales, Rovelli, and now I'm under N. for the time being; we'll see if that gets me all the way.
>>
>>17171650
>Yeah, I just REALLY don't like Wasserman, or Scriven, or Hadeed, or Dionysus, or Breeze, or Jungkurth, or Gunther, or Starr, etc., etc., etc.

Gunther may be doing a lecture for the Dove and Serpent Oasis. Wasserman mentioned it in brief passing.

Not to mention "the A.'A.' lineage argument is old and wore out" is going to be played up again.

Though, I'm still treading through what lineage is best for a new student. You'd want to go for the "official" and the one designated by the Caliphate but not if there's one truer and more knowledgeable no matter how obscure.
>>
>>17172813
They can say it's an old and worn out argument all fucking day but until they show me:
>A coherent doctrine of succession as delivered by Crowley to Germer which Germer can be shown adhering to
AND
>Evidence that the chain of that succession went through Germer to Motta and to Gunther somehow after willfully resigning
Tennessee Jed and is merry pack of pigfucks can very very seriously get bent.
>>
>>17172789
I find it funny how I just posted about lineages and then I see this post. >>17172789

I'm >>17172813

I guess since you're here, would you mind sorting your praise and discontentment with each lineage? I know I am acting as if we're talking about a grocery list but I have always been intrigued about why there are so many lineages and how they differ to another. It seems apparent to me that those who wish to become scholars under a certain tenure and of a certain mentor may have multitudes of reasoning behind staying, most of which, I presume to be under the flamboyancy of an ego trip.

I'm rambling at this point but I would love to know of your tidings with them.
>>
>>17167476
>It's a system of philosophy and living, which uses the symbolism of religion.

Which it's not.

The A.'.A.'. is a school. No more, no less. To add any other ideology beyond that of making men grow in particular fields and subjects is to miss the point.

>>17167984
I would, if it was viable. Instead, I just have it downloaded on my HDD, and it works fine.

>>17172813
>I'm still treading through what lineage is best for a new student.
I'd suggest these threads, personally.
The thing is, with one mentor, you learn only from him. But with todays access to information, and the amount of knowledge one can gain from just here, just us assholes discussing things, that's beyond enough to progress wildly.

Furthermore, I'd highly recommend starting with this collection BEFORE moving into occult/ esoteric teachings, as it is the foundation of basically everything else.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc
>>
>>17172828
Oh Goodness. I love your musings and these threads. I'm very happy to see them back.
>>
>>17172838
Excellent. Thank you for your response.
>>
>>17172830
You referring to me, presumably?
>>
>>17172789
What if what they say is true to what they do, yet their appearance shows disorder?
>>
>>17172846
Both of you really. I've been following /omg/ for quite a long time picking up subtle information here and there. I'm welcome to any sort of knowledge.
>>
>>17172789
Rovelli, but I've seen enough bullshit in his stuff to want to get out ASAP.

I'm basically on my own, going to find some better teacher.
>>
>>17172849
>Then they are Divya

>>17172850
Here, I'll dig out the list and comment a bit.
>>
>>17172830
>I guess since you're here, would you mind sorting your praise and discontentment with each lineage?

Sure.

>Eales
Bullshit wannabe "master". I left when my instructor (A.D.Doyle) let it slip that I am supposed to accept Eales as my master. No fucking way.

>Rovelli
Was reasonable at first, then he went full madman. Has a church which he can't pay for. Broke trust, and has me on a "failed probationer" list, even though I got into Neophyte under one of his students. Has a knack for publicly airing all the dirt he has on people. Also very Christist, in the way of considering BDSM non-Thelemic.

>Bersson
Haven't had personal contact beyond asking him about the status of SOTO in Europe, and him immediately ordering me to translate the Holy Books into my language. Recently heard he raped some girls; apparently they're not suing because of reasons.

That's basically what I cannot recommend.

What I *can* recommend is, dropping the system and just doing your shit. Therapy should come BEFORE starting A.'.A.'.; that's the root cause of most problems people have with the system.

>>17172849
Then I inquire to make sure they're not just paraphrasing someone else's ideas. The issue is, it's all too easy to parrot thoughts without giving them much thought. The thinking person has to be orderly, in time, in money, in love, and in clothing. There's no excuse not to dress well.

>>17172861
>Rovelli
Were you around at the time when I had started arguing with him on Facebook? It was the funniest thing in the world.
>>
How is any of this information applicable in modern, daily life
>>
>>17172882
I thought you did a good job.
>>
File: 1365210738393.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1365210738393.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>17172899
>>
>>>pol

no
>>
just thought you' d like to know your dboe wiki is making the rounds on the tumblr occult circles
>>
>>17172901
No really, a lot of people have given Rovelli the 1-2 punch. He's had it so many times he no longer knows what to do when people call him out. Basically, he's got such an ego that if and when he crosses the Abyss, he will go insane. He'll become a Black Brother for sure. I don't mean like the Black Panthers, but the Brother of the Left Hand Path described in the Vision and the Voice. He's halfway there already. To be eaten by 333 will be his fate.
>>
>>17172861
Here's a thought:
The A.'.A.'. (trademark) died with Germer. Period. You now have various lineages of fracture through more or less stable students, and those attainments and biases are manifested in the flavors of their teaching.

>High Tier:
Russell
^This guy has a pretty clean claim on succession, had a vision on a rock in Cefalu after fasting, AC said "you don't need us" and sent him on his way with permission to do...whatever he wanted. Founded the first iteration of Choronzon Club, which is really just AA in disguise. Pretty skilled logician.
Matheny
^Various students through (I think) Suster claiming Regardie. I think Hyatt's name got tossed around. Anyway, mostly I hear some good reviews of them personally, if with the caveat that it's a lineage with a paradoxically high drug addiction rate, from my understanding.
>Straight Wolfe
Any number of various independent instructors trained by Soror Estai, not affiliated with Seckler or her successors. I think at least one of the OLD websites funnels through them.
Straight Thor
^Any number of instructors through Frater Zarathustra (Euclydes Lacerda de Almeida) who aren't charging money. Thor trained Paulo Coelho, so this is Motta but without much of the batshit on its end.

>Meh tier:
Cornelius (dicked with grade structure)
^More than that his claim is...dubious at best, and it's probably arguable if he actually attained to the extent he professes, but he's got a good handle on the material and his students seem well adjusted enough.
Seckler (hardcore liberal stance)
^The liberal comment is meant to encapsulate things like a psych. model bias among a lot of other issues, but Seckler's boys and her immediate successors I guess can just be called prone to being ideologues at this point; I see too many people essentializing political opinions from these cats.
>con't
>>
>>17172882
>There's no excuse not to dress well.
what if you don't want to dress well?
>>
>>17172789
>now I'm under N.
who?
>>
>>17172928
>Want =/= Need

Your looks are your first impression. It doesn't matter if you're Crowley in the flesh.

Speaking of Crowley, he dressed and spoke well for a reason. Otherwise, he'd never had the chance to meet a lot of people had he dressed in rags attending parties.
>>
>>17172920
Nigga wut.

I don't think you understand what the Abyss and Choronzon are.

In short, let me lay it out like this:
The Abyss is the gap between consciousness and the subconscious, the so-called amnesic barrier.
Choronzon is the barrier itself, which consists of all internal conflicts, traumas, held emotions, etc. etc. etc.

That's why Therapy is so important, because once you go through it, you realize that you're so much more than you could imagine yourself to be.

>>17172924
>if with the caveat that it's a lineage with a paradoxically high drug addiction rate
Sounds like they're more of the ascetic "power through it" sort, then, rather than working out things so they "flow".

>>17172928
>what if you don't want to dress well?
Then don't bitch about people judging you for your appearance.

See, it's like this: you don't dress for yourself; you dress for others, in order to make a good impression and then profit from that impression. Furthermore, it shows the people you're interacting with that you respect them, and that you respect yourself.

Because let's think about this: how can I trust a person who doesn't respect themselves, to respect my own time?

The answer is, I can't. Therefore I am not taking a risk, simple as that.

>>17172934
N.
>>
>>17172924
Who is keeping the Russell lineage alive? I definately need to get in touch with whoever just because. That sounds really like the best choice in terms of what's out there. Even if the good died with him, I can imagine he would have high standards in his students. Thus, the quality would trickle down. I used to know one guy who was in the Choronzon Club, but I'm worried he's dead. Name was David Richard Jones. I had many a productive talk with him.
>>
>>17172893
Most of it, with some work.

>>17172907
LEL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqcTVVUFnKQ

>>17172924
Suster
^I mentioned these guys, but the more narrow lineage seems to produce more people doing the Work in some capacity than Suster writ large.

Eales/Bersson/Rovelli
see >>17172882
>>17172920

Gunther (OTO 'official' - infested with people who exploit aspirants sexually)
I've gotten banned from here for posting the bits that I'm aware of. More damningly, they can barely be said to be practicing the A.'.A.'. but rather it's private beta iteration before the Equinox was first published.
Rodney O
^AFAIK the only reason this dude has any authority in any sense of the word is he gave money or a ring or (sexual favors ((that's a joke)), I don't remember the story but I think it's on Koenig's website.
Cherubim
^Literally who?
Kelly
^Zero lineal claim, more concerned with shitposting everyone than working fuckall but that may be due to long standing frustrations of watching the current corrode, I can only judge by what's public.
>>
>>17172939
I've heard that before, I just forgot it. Thanks for reminding me. I just hate Rovelli and wish he would just get what everyone has told him. He's too egotistical to listen, which is why he hasn't changed.
>>
>>17172942
He's alive; posts stuff to hermetic.com every once in a while.
Also I believe he might be on Facebook, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>17172948
Egotistical? I don't think so.
If he was egotistical, he would work towards his own profit and wellbeing, instead of against it. If anything, he's in a self-destructive spiral, trying to start something from nothing, when that's entirely not how the world works.

I.e.: he's doing "the method of religion, the goal of science", instead of what we're taught first thing in the A.'.A.'..
>>
>>17172942
>David Richard Jones
>dead
Not that I'm aware of...as of maybe three weeks ago I've seen rustling from his direction.

I don't know, exactly, who or what is keeping that flame alive but I've seen bright spots on the west coast and a couple deep in the south.
>>
>>17172838
>The A.'.A.'. is a school. No more, no less.
The fact that theletubbies are so creepily obsessed with "legitimate lineages" puts it squarely into cult territory. Sunday schools are less religious than the AA.
>>
>>17172973
That's fair, however remember that theletubbies are hardly A.'.A.'. material.
>>
>>17172882
>What I *can* recommend is, dropping the system and just doing your shit. Therapy should come BEFORE starting A.'.A.'.; that's the root cause of most problems people have with the system.

If I could come up with the concise information needed for each grade, I would do it myself. Though, that's not so much the issue.

My issue is crossing the Abyss. The exact process and definition it inquires is ego death. I've experienced such in drug experimentation prematurely. I feel as if the only reason I am drawn to occultism in general is for that reason.

I want to lose my sense of self permanently for the simple reason to achieve a higher consciousness. As you can imagine, someone not expecting to lose such an immense and vital trait to everyday psyche, it messed with me for years. I wasn't ready and to this day, I still contemplate the meaning of it but I think I have found my calling.

Now, I just need to stop listening to rap and deluding my intelligence with gibberish to get a better grasp on the material.
>>
>>17172970
That's a relief. I was worried. Also a bit sad, but that is mostly gone.

>>17172960
He's in over his head.
>>
>>17172983
By definition, its only theletubbies, whose leaders spend so much time with entirely useless squabbling over who leads "the real" AA, that it's impossible to believe any of them have any time left over to actually practice anything.
>>
>>17172946
I asked how it is applicable, not if it is.
I don't mean to be confrontational, I love these threads and loved them on /his/. I'm just genuinely curious as to how this info will better my life outside of interesting trivia i will never actually be able to talk to normies about.
>>
>>17172989
>My issue is crossing the Abyss. The exact process and definition it inquires is ego death. I've experienced such in drug experimentation prematurely. I feel as if the only reason I am drawn to occultism in general is for that reason.
I can post some of my comments on the Sapphire Tablet of Set if you'd like, personal perspectives on the Abyss, but it's speculative garbage from when I was a probationer and in need of revision, THOUGH for the purposes of these threads I'd say it's enough to give a wee bit of bearing.

>lose self to gain self
But I is still there. Go read "I Am That". It's just a full apprehension of I.
>>
>>17172882
Dressing well is meaningless. I can dress well and help somone and not dress at all and help somone, in both cases my action is the same. If i preach naked and do acvordingly to what i say, be it my own words or somone elses, i am the same as a well dressed and groomed preacher who does as he preaches.
The well groomed preacher who goes against his word is not however better than me, if i preach and act according to the preaching and am dressed homeless.

Why pay so much attention to clothes and materials
>>
>>17172924
>^The liberal comment is meant to encapsulate things like a psych. model bias among a lot of other issues
Don't think eshelman's a psych model guy in the sense of being a materialist or believing that entities have no independent existence, just fond of jung. He's pretty liberal, but has he confused liberalism with attainment or anti-liberalism with lack of attainment? If not, what's the problem? Don't know about the others
>>
>>17173024
>>17173024
He and Shoemaker are the big mucketymucks in the wolfe lineage these days right?
>>
>>17172989
>The exact process and definition it inquires is ego death.
Where in the material does it say that?

>I want to lose my sense of self permanently for the simple reason to achieve a higher consciousness.
How can you have consciousness when there's no self to be conscious?

(protip: you can't)

In short, you entirely don't understand what is expected of you, and that's causing you to have an internal conflict where *you* don't want to *be you*. It's very much the same as a stone or rock which wants to break itself... using itself to do that.

>>17172992
>He's in over his head.
To that extent, agreed. He needs therapy, is all.

>>17173004
Well, I don't know, man. This is very arguable.

>>17173015
For most practical purposes (everyday life) this is basically glorified self-hypnosis. As in, it can rapidly change the quality of your life in a few weeks.

For self-exploration, using metaphor and such it's also very useful.

Also for just having the giggle of your life doing seances with friends.

>>17173019
If you're naked in the street preaching, your message will be taken with an entirely different attitude by the people you're talking to, you ignoramus.

That's the whole point. Communication INCLUDES the way you dress.
>>
>>17173015
I don't like leaning on RAW this late in my game, but reality is what you can get away with my nigga.

So the most tangible benefit of *some* occult practices I can point out aside from nice tummyfeels and lowered blood pressure from yoga would be the use of Art of Memory. It can be said to be a western form of contemplation devoted almost entirely to practical aims.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_of_memory

>>17173004
Good to see you'll be here through 2016 as well, it'd be so ronrey without you :3
>>
>>17173016
>But I is still there
You can be a subject without clinging to identity though, that might be cool for a while
>>
>>17173042
>Ars Memoria
>occult
Eh. I guess hypnosis and hypnotherapy are now occultism, too?
>>
>>17173037
>That's the whole point. Communication INCLUDES the way you dress.
Yeah but dressing poorly can be an effective message, think Gandhi or Steve Jobs
>>
>>17173024
It ain't THEM I'm worried about, it's Seckler herself and the people under E. and Shoemaker. A lot of these guys are absolutely riddled with thought blocking adherence to political ideologies.

I dunno what Seckler's issue was, she seemed to lose it more like Ken Grant did than Motta did, but just not in the obvious ways.

>>17173030
Yeah, Shoemaker was designated to take over errything, and Eschelman was given the authority by nature of attainment and tenure, which has caused some rifting in Temple and College of Thelema into whole new jurisdictions.
>>
>>17173016
I'd appreciate that if you don't mind posting it. I'll look into that as well.

>>17173037
Very well. I may have wanted to interpret it differently than it was written. Your insight is appreciated.
>>
File: Milton carpet.jpg (115KB, 419x608px) Image search: [Google]
Milton carpet.jpg
115KB, 419x608px
>>17173064
Sure. That said, I would still kick Gandhi out of my house if he came in dressed like that, the fucking wifebeater.

Jobs? I don't know. He was a genius in terms of marketing. Would love to talk to the guy.

>>17173074
You're welcome bruv.

Also notice that everything *you* perceive is there regardless of your perception. Perhaps there's something else inside, that can perceive things instead of you, just like you don't always remember those things which are not relevant in a given moment, like the thoughts that had occurred just 10 minutes ago.

Thoughts?
>>
>>17173049
There's a reason I don't gripe at you THAT hard about your interests.

Anyway, abyss stuffs.
>>
>>17173049
They have always played a part in ritual.

Always, like since time immemorial. If you don't know that, you don't know jack.
>>
File: 1443244875970.jpg (98KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1443244875970.jpg
98KB, 720x540px
>>17172907
Kek, funny to think my shitty notes are being noticed on tumblr. Must really get my shit together and put some better material on it.

Might be a good idea to put some commentary on it at some point- K would be much better at that than I would though, I'm still playing catchup.

Got an example of said tumblerinas?
>>
>>17173099
Sure. The issue is, hypnosis has been proven and researched and explored already, magic has not. Furthermore, occultism is defined as something supernatural, or hidden, while hypnosis is entirely in the open nowadays.

It's entirely counter to everything we currently know to say that hypnosis is in any extent occult.
>>
File: nuit.png (2MB, 844x1160px) Image search: [Google]
nuit.png
2MB, 844x1160px
>>17173108
Oh shit, just realised one of the Yahoo Groups picked up on it as well.

Shit, I feel a ToS incoming. Brb, removing all direct quotations
>>
>>17173074
Mike Aquino seems to have ‘gotten’ it in some respects, though his insistence at hocking the Temple of Set party line when he has a fine grasp of A.’.A.’. philosophy is kinda sad. He seemingly hides something in his doctrines, something I think I may have extracted. We quote him in Sapphire Tablet of Set, the core workbook for their Magister Templi(remember, the Star Sapphire corresponds to 0 and 3 in 777*):

>“If you read these passages carefully [referring to one star in sight], you will see the paradox inherent in them. To become an (8)=[3], a (7)=[4] must destroy his capacity for logical thought, i.e. his ability to draw inductive or deductive conclusions from phenomena of the material universe. Since it is just this capacity that is the essential characteristic of the Self ["Cogito ergo sum", if you will], the (7)=[4] is in effect invited to obliterate what it is that makes him a unique entity. Theoretically he is "reconstituted by the gods in a perfect form" - an ideal "self". Herein lies the heart of the paradox, which is also the central theme of Genesis III. It is that an independent Will, capable of perceiving itself in contrast to the material Universe, cannot be a product of forces germane to that Universe. The freedom of the Will necessitates the ability of the Will to move both with and against Universal patterns [i.e. "laws"]. The Will is self-creating, self-sustaining, and self-improving. This is the
basis for the Formula of the Aeon of Set XXX.”

What Aquino doesn’t seem to realize (or hides), however, is that it is this reconstitution that IS the goal. It is YET ANOTHER experience that is integrated. Samadhi is impermanent, and as such the Ego must come out of it STRONGER after being subjected to near death, or a death like state. Quote I. Regardie w/r/t Ego inflation and Magick (in a letter to Aquino.):
>>
>>17173115
we still don't have a good materialist causative mechanism, that makes it occult in the enlightenment sense
>>
>>17173108
>>17173119
I'm just a touch behind, I finished HU cleaning but didn't do anything more but outline how to contextualize SA.

“…Magick, generally speaking, still does not recognize the ego-inflationary aspect of its own system - which is why there are so many casualties….Achad, theoretically, was educated in the notion of “destroying the ego” by crossing the Abyss, (so called) but it did not save him from inflationary activities of the ego such as asserting the equivalence of his own grade of Neophyte 1=10 with the supernal grade of Ipsissimus 10=1.This is asinine from the ordinary point of view and doesn’t make sense….the every process of Magick puffs up the ego. This may be desirable up to a certain point….”

These Ego inflations are commonplace, and often disastrous. Look at Ken Grant. The key here is to have something, something WORKABLE and EFFICACIOUS, and dare I say something with BROAD APPEAL to empty oneself into. Thereby one establishes a star, or constellation, even better, in the sky of Jupiter, WHICH IS EXPANSION ITSELF.
This doctrine would explain some things, the requirement of a universal treatise on Magick being required of Exempt Adepts. The process of moving on to Magister Templi is expounding this doctrine. It would also explain the provenance of people like Lafayette Ron Hubbard, and Stanton Leeve (Anton LaVey).
Take the case of Hubbard, who was trained by a known 8=3, BELARION, or Jack Parsons. He surely was absorbing high level A.’.A.’. doctrines. On continuing down his path, he was known to still practice some sex magick, as observed by some who have been victimized by Scientology. Hubbard had been seen victimizing young women while wearing black robes well after founding his ‘church’.
>>
>>17173133
Fair enough, although I'd still consider this to be just a matter of time.
>>
>>17173137
>>17173121
Despite his chicanery, though, he created a system and expanded it, though likely became a black brother because of it. (Actually…I’m sure of it.) Nothing useful for others came from this system. This is what Crowley meant by Christianity being run by black brethren.
LaVey is a different story. He seems to have thoroughly studied Crowley, as well as Parsons, and had contact with Aquino, one of his Magister Templi as well as a rumored member of the A.’.A.’. It certainly shows in his system.
LaVey was well known to Ken Anger, and Susan Atkins (of the Charles Manson outfit) as well as the Solar Lodge (boy in a box scandal) AND Agape Lodge (McMurty). This creates a MASSIVE web of people who are interconnected, down to even the mysterious Process Church of the Final Judgment. In the third book in the Satanic Bible, Anton more or less gives the secrets of sexual magick (using the terms of euphemism from MTP). In elsewhere, he discusses immortality in terms of establishing oneself into the fabric of the universe (fame).
The interesting thing here is that LaVey seemed to display the characteristics of a Magister Templi before Aquino moved to that grade, and in becoming a black brother, did not distort his order so much as tear it apart himself. All of this has been recorded by Aquino, both in the Church of Satan documents, as well as quoting Crowley himself from One Star in Sight (emphasis added):
>>
>>17173150
Yeah man, me too. But I also think that a good deal of what's called magick right now (astrology, ritual, invocation) could potentially be recuperated by science as well.
>>
>>17173152
“….he remains in the Abyss, secreting his elements round his Ego as if isolated from the Universe, and becomes what is called a "Black Brother". Such a being is gradually disintegrated from lack of nourishment and the slow but certain action of the attraction of the rest of the Universe, **despite his now desperate efforts to insulate and protect himself, and to aggrandize himself by predatory practices.** He may indeed prosper for awhile, but in the end he must perish, especially when with a new Aeon a new Word is proclaimed which he cannot and will not hear, so that he is handicapped by trying to use an obsolete method of Magick, like a man with a boomerang in a battle where everyone else has a rifle."

In all here, I think they key here is to become open to the idea of refining current magical thought into new and more diverse systems, even a system that the Magister Templi can point to and say “Behold the Childe I have parted with.” as per Ch. 3 in Liber 333.
Crossing the Abyss, and being able to actually DEVOTE oneself to this task (and thereby attain it. Just being able to identify this concept does nothing to actually accomplish it.) is where the Ego is extinguished for the last time; the total immersion, into a method of FORM - the BABALON function. The Magi become ‘Christlike’ in the process of becoming a Magister Templi, if only in the idea that one is about to found a school of philosophical thought.
What Aquino either fails to realize, or conceals from initiates, is the concept of the Magister Templi becoming its OWN EXTANT ENTITY, much as VVVVV became for Crowley. The Self as a Magister Templi is (Quoted from the Sapphire Tablet) INDEPENDENT:
>>
>>17173158
>astrology, ritual, invocation
The only thing which can't so far be supported as working or explained by science is astrology.

Ritual & invocation -> hypnosis.
>>
>>17173119
Would you happen to know who illustrated that?

Also, what the fuck happened to the Golden Dawn?
>>
>>17173161
“Look at it this way: The Magister Templi is one who can perceive and comprehend the entire material Universe. In order to do this, there must be no part of him which is an accessory of that same Universe. He - his Will - must be independent / separate / distinct. This necessitates an extremely strong presence of mind, an ego that is sufficiently reinforced by itself not to require "crutches" from the material Universe, and a determination to fight off the panic that could result from the sensation of being utterly alone. The Magister Templi, if he is truly entitled to that degree, possesses the abilities necessary to thwart those dangers. Those who presume to that degree without understanding them or the severe mental pressures they can cause, do in fact suffer the fate that Crowley prescribes: they either die or lose their sanity.”

This sort of independent nature seems to be a deep seated implication in Crowley’s works as well, most concealed to the profane in his insistence that VVVVV was exterior to himself. Essentially, it seems that the Will of a Magister Templi, having crossed the Abyss, is torn away and made exemplified, also implying that the exemption of an Adept is in part the release of that Will as an HGA unto itself. This is what happens in the moment in the Abyss when the Adept is truly ‘alone’. Without the HGA, who waits on the other side of the Veil in the City of Pyramids, or the Ego complex, which is torn away and also waits in the City of Pyramids, the Adept’s only hope is to be swept up by BABALON, which perhaps is a vision of the Order or school the Adept is to form.
This becomes very interesting in terms of ‘paths’ (Left or Right) and certain methods of magick meant to make the human form immortal, like LaVey’s or the Book of Coming forth by Dawn. If the latter is to be understood correctly, it is a method by which the Magi can ‘program’ his ego complex into reality after or just prior to ‘death‘.
>>
>>17173016
What is i based on? I is based on i making itself, and giving itself characteristics. Alll of which are concious choices on the basis of "i like this, i dont like that, i want this, i dont want that". And thats a constraint. To free yourself you either love everything, and thus love nothing, or shit on everything, and thus shit on nothing.

Tldr; i doesnt exist
Shoutout to sadhguru.
>>
>>17173037
That is the problem of the people i oreach to, not mine. They falsly judge me and thus prove that judging people by looks is wrong.
I, as an ego, a human, am still the same.
>>
>>17173165
>The only thing which can't so far be supported as working or explained by science is astrology.

That's easy.

It doesn't work.
>>
File: Standing_Ardhanari_c.1800.jpg (92KB, 466x715px) Image search: [Google]
Standing_Ardhanari_c.1800.jpg
92KB, 466x715px
>>17173182
>I doesn't exist
>said the nondual Saivite

Self, like maya, must be parsed, whether it's real or not, doubly so for self.

Moreover you and I both know that there's Self under self, and digging into that is a component of Clarity™.
>>
>>17173197
>>
>>17173172
Not sure who illlustrated it- maybe try a reverse image search or something, I just found it online somewhere.

As for the GD, the short version:
>GD hate Crowley
>Mathers wants to initiate him to 5=6
>GD members, already pissed at Mathers for being a dick, decide they've had enough and fracture into different groups
>Stella Matutina goes stale, eventually dies out in the 1970s with the closure of Whare Ra. Other groups kind of fizzle out or develop offshoots.
>Regardie publishes shitty versions of the GD papers, revives the order a few years later
>Modern lineages develop. Some good, some shitty.

That's kind of what happened. I should probably change my trip, actually- I'm not active with my GD temple atm, though I may go back to it, I'll see.

But yeah, there's not many GD temples worth recommending these days. Tbqh, if you want to learn this system, go for A.'.A.'., if you can find a reputable line- Crowley seems to have advanced it quite a lot, and it's easier for a solitary person to do (GD requires a lodge, no exceptions)
>>
>>17173165
>Ritual & invocation -> hypnosis.
Oversimplification I think, or at least that would require a feasible but i think inelegant expansion of the term. Ritual & Invocation are a hybrid multi-media art form that incorporates hypnosis. Invocation, and the experience specifically of contact witth an alien consciousness I think will eventually be explained and even generated with an information-theoretic model
>>
>>17173197
Confirmation bias
>>
>>17173225
>Ritual & Invocation are
On second thought, maybe hybrid hypnosis techniques that incorporates multi-media art
>>
>>17173215
Why would a scientist "cast" the chart, and not the ones claiming some form of astrology works?
>>
Surgo, I'm very impressed. You're more knowledgable than me in many ways. I wouldn't kiss ass and I despise those who do, but sometimes I have to point out the obvious truth. It would be neat to learn from you, but I'm worried you know me already. I'd be very willing to learn however, so if you change your mind I'll be around.
>>
>>17173203
There is nothing to parse. Shaivism should be shat on, as should the notion of nonduality.
>>
File: asdf.png (13KB, 400x418px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
13KB, 400x418px
>>17173248
Here's your reply, enjoy the dopamine.
>>
>>17173187
If you're inconsiderate of the content of your message, you're being a shitty messenger.
Simple as that.

>>17173197
It's easy to say that, however I've found that it does correlate very closely with events in my life, over the last 3 years. That said, I wouldn't rely on it for anything more than amusement, personally.

>>17173203
>Self, like maya, must be parsed, whether it's real or not, doubly so for self.

Let's go into this then.

>Moreover you and I both know that there's Self under self, and digging into that is a component of Clarity™.

What is "self"?

Far as I can tell, it's a "recursive process of self-abstraction".

This means that for everything "I" do, there is an automatic process which abstracts (i.e. generalizes) what is happening into terms which I can relate to the concept of "I", i.e. the sum total of the organisms in symbiosis which make this entity up.

Now, self is consciousness; everything in ones conscious mind is always related to the concept of "I", and is an abstraction; this is, a fairly safe assumption which I have yet to prove, but have found nothing to disprove it in the literature.

Since we have consciousness, what about the rest?
That's the subconscious, the sum total of all automatic processes. They aren't conscious, i.e. self-aware, however they still happen and occur, because they're necessary for the continued functioning of the organism.

Now, if we dissolve all internal conflict, cross the Abyss (i.e. dissolve the amnesic barrier), there can be no consciousness, *however* there is an organism, one which performs with absolute efficiency and integrity, one which always knows the answer and acts on it, precisely as One.

And that, gentlemen, is my view of the Magus.
Entirely attainable via psychotherapy; everything else is magic.
Initiation isn't. It's a basic human function.
>>
>>17173225
I think you have a very limited understanding of what hypnosis is. Help yourself:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc

>>17173254
Well, hit me up if you want. I've no issue sharing knowledge and discussing things.
Or we can talk here. Up to you.
>>
>>17173265
I think youre not fully understanding that piece of shit system called shivism. The message is in the actions, not words.
Shiva is the most putrid and most idiotic of the devas. May the devas rot in hell.
>>
>>17173273
What is the best way to get in touch, other than these threads?
>>
>>17173282
You what mate?
I spoke no word of no Shivaism.

And no, the message is both words, and actions, and appearance, and everything else around these things.

In short: all interaction is communication.
>>
>>17173265
>one which performs with absolute efficiency and integrity
^Man, you know what I think of cog. models. HOWEVER that bit above I think is spot on. Hence, flow states.
>>
>>17173293
But the message cannot be said in words. Saying the message in words makes me act against the message.

All interaction is communication, true ill give you that. But being inconsiderate of my message is a message in itself
>>
>>17173292
#thelema @ Rizon.net, [email protected], whatever you think appropriate.
I still prefer to talk on Skype or FB, but like, I wouldn't dare post them here.

>>17173298
Been there, done that. I can assure you, that's exactly what happens in deep trance states where you're told to find the best thing you can be doing, do that, and continue indefinitely. For like 3-4 hours, I was literally wired, had no thoughts, but everything was still done in a way I can't possibly imagine to replicate consciously.

>>17173314
>But the message cannot be said in words.
Then you're shit at communicating.
>>
>>17173317
No message can be said only in words, because communicating is not solely speach. You just said it.
>>
GD dude, I sent you an email. Keep me posted on how you handle your wiki or the chatter.
>>
>>17173264
>nobody wants to talk about scholarly research with meee :((((
>(start memeing the second they do)
Well, you only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>17173324
>You just said it.
Not at all. You're also shit at reading, it seems.
ALL messages can be said solely in words.
But if there's more than words, naturally that becomes part of the message as well.
If there isn't more than words, then words are all you need.
>>
>>17173273
>https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc
Good stuff, thanks. >>17173273
>I think you have a very limited understanding of what hypnosis is
The problem as I see it with regards to subsuming ritual under hypnosis, is that there's no consensus formal definition of hypnosis and the borders of what constitute hypnosis are still being debated. I think it likely that the causal mechanisms that cause some things that are currently called hypnosis to be effective will be found to be different than the causal mechanisms which cause other things called hypnosis to be effective. The same is true, i think, of ritual. Rather than calling practices which evolved in different contexts for different ends and which work by different mechanisms all hypnosis I think it would be wise to either categorize them by traditional categories (things done magickians are magick, things done by hypnotists hypnosis) while acknowledging the extent to which they use similar principles and can be improved through hybridity, or better still group them by causative mechanism (hypnosis and ritual magick are what they used to call recursive information integration feedback triggers! ...or something)
>>
>>17173342
All interaction is communication, so if i tell you something whilst looking some way and acting in a manner, that is a message as a whole. If i act differently and look in a different way but say the same thing, that is a completly different message. Ergo no message is just words.
>>
>>17173353
You could say that. The working definition of hypnosis for practicaly purposes is this:
Hypnosis is the bypassing of the critical factor.
Hypnotic trance is the stabilization of that bypass.

>>17173361
What you now communicated is just words. Faggot.
>>
>>17173342
if you posit a perfect poet, maybe in theory, in practice it can be a real struggle for even a talented writer to explain something mundane perfectly, never mind mystical experiences
>>
>>17173317
Sent you an email. Detailed exactly what I had in mind. Let me know what you think.
>>
>>17173369
So basically you're just saying "I'm not even going to try cuz it's all mystical and shit".
As good an excuse as any.
>>
>>17173366
>Hypnosis is the bypassing of the critical factor.
>>17173366
I'm pissed, because that's pretty good and also would apply neatly to ritual but not necessarily other art forms. One potential objection, isn't a critical understanding of a ritual (the symbols, there interaction and context etc.) something which elevates the effectiveness of ritual?
>>
>>17173366
No, you have a general idea about my personality or atleast how i project it onto this internet persona. You have the visual of shiva, or atleast subconciously thought about shiva from my trip. You know my trip, which also has an impression. You know i frequent this board which also tell you about ny person. You know my actions and how i was inconsiderate of my dharma.

Really, just words?
Also yes i am a faggot. Can you come fuck me baby? ;) my ass is ready
>>
>>17173374
More like, "Mahasi Sayadaw made a good go of it but left some things out. I'll try to include those but my account will likely also be incomplete even if i try my hardest because i'm not the poet Rumi was and he didn't suceed completely either."
>>
You guys are in for a treat.

This is the spookiest shit ive ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBByw1k6qo
>>
>>17173373
Replied.

>>17173384
>I'm pissed,

Uh, why?

>isn't a critical understanding of a ritual (the symbols, there interaction and context etc.) something which elevates the effectiveness of ritual?

Indeed, but not in the way which you'd think. That critical understanding remains in ones *memory* and from there acts *automatically* causing certain changes. It's a pre-hypnotic suggestion, if you will.

>>17173385
The moment in which you're considering the message as more complex than necessary to convey the message is also the moment in which you can realize how retarded that behavior is.

Either speak your mind or don't. Hesitation is failure.

>>17173390
So why not address the states directly? And if someone asks what the word means, you put them in those states, and be done with it.
>>
>>17173419
I dont own a mind, im a shitalking stone. Havent you figured out i have less to say than my rotting grandfathers corpse?
>>
>>17173419
>Uh, why?
Wish i'd thought of it instead of writing out my goofy little mini-treatise.

>>17173419
>So why not address the states directly? And if someone asks what the word means, you put them in those states, and be done with it.
Potentially possible once we get the neuroscience down, but i think you mean through hypnosis. You can only induce what you can describe though right? So our ability to induce those states is limited, if by nothing else, by the difficulty in describing them. Anyway, prove me wrong and induce 2nd Jhana or higher in your clients with hypnosis and become a multi-millionare. I sound sarcastic but that would actually be great, figure it out and i'll pay to study it.
>>
File: BABAYAGA.jpg (449KB, 600x723px) Image search: [Google]
BABAYAGA.jpg
449KB, 600x723px
I understand this maybe taboo in the sense of cringe but I must ask. I am getting a tattoo on the 22nd.

Specifically pic related, I wish to adorn it with many others involving basic occultic references but also not to alienate potential employers. Pic related will instead have her hands pointing above and below, basic Baphomet reference.

Any suggestions? I love >>17173119 but I feel as if it wouldn't translate well to skin.
>>
>>17173332
Received and replied.

Took a look at Tumblr. They didn't like my comment about Nigel Jackson not sourcing his shit. Decided to remove it- talking shit won't get us very far (and to be fair, chumbley's sources weren't exactly obvious to us initially either)

I kind of wrote it in a much more 4chan style initially, because I didn't honestly expect people to read it. Cleaning it up a little now, and keeping quotes to a minimum- afaik using short quotes is fine, but big passages are a no-no
>>
>>17173439
>You can only induce what you can describe though right?
Nah, that would be too little.

> 2nd Jhana
Uh, as I read it from here, it's basically just medium-level hypnotic trance. Not even deep.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/sacca/sacca4/samma-samadhi/jhana.html

So basically those directly describe the three depths of regular trance + the hypnotic coma.

That's not much, to be entirely fair; easy to induce, just takes like 20-30 minutes (in the case of the hypnotic coma), which is quite long.

>prove me wrong and induce 2nd Jhana or higher in your clients with hypnosis and become a multi-millionare

The thing is, those states are not useful enough to be paid for. They're there, yes, but people are significantly more willing to pay to get shit done: quit smoking, lose phobias, be able to do things they couldn't, get over depression, all that stuff.

Just getting a Jhana or five doesn't mean anything compared to those internal issues are solved and allowing the person to experience MORE of the good stuff, and LESS of the bad.
>>
Alright, so I asked this question in the /his/ thread.

What are the consequences of not closing a ritual after calling a Demon? The Demon knows 100% I'm not coming back because I said "I'm done" and left. Will he get pissed off or what?

I'm gonna do a variation of the lbrp in like an hour anyway, I just want to know.
>>
>>17173491
You're fine. It's irrelevant.
>>
>>17173491
Demons aren't real, so no.
>>
Huh, getting more nice wishes for the wiki from people on the groups. Neato :3
>>
File: 1305488286156.jpg (200KB, 800x927px) Image search: [Google]
1305488286156.jpg
200KB, 800x927px
>>17173564
>Demons aren't real

Por que por favor. They've been distorted heavily by Abrahamic religions.
>>
>>17173594
Anrahamic religion isnt real, and neither are preabrahamic demons
>>
>>17172642
I agree! Japan-san please
>>
>>17173600
We could go round in round once more for the billionth time about philosophy surrounding the religious spectrum but let's not. I believe Jesus existed and was a master of his craft. He found the "truth" of life, as did Buddha, Mohammed and others but their message was distorted so much that "my people are destroyed by lack of knowledge", I believe he meant ours.
>>
>>17172646
I hate you. You detest me.
>>
>>17173621
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag5-fJ7d-rM

>implying jesus wasn't just an allegory to lure jews to an Alexandrian mystery cult where only the initiated knew that he was just a shitty metaphor
>>
>>17173621
Jesus didnt exist. Buddha never was born and his teachings are less worthwhile than american reality tv, all the rest are similar.
Abrahamic, buddhist, hindu, muslim and all other faiths are a bunch of bullshit made by people who got a bit too high.
>>
>>17173248
Translation: I dont see how you can hate from outside of the club. You can't even get in.
>>
File: 1445355985779.jpg (166KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1445355985779.jpg
166KB, 1024x768px
>>17173572
That just tells me I have to work harder to rip down corners of the veil in their material, I just need to catch my bearings on how I'm going revise notes thus far.

Also, this is probably the reason why the current pirates didn't want me to have the fucking thing in the first place, if our regular trolls can be believed.

>>17173638
>Astrotheology shitpost
Team Illuminati, is that you?!
>>
>>17173621
>Mohammad
>the truth of life is being a marauding pedophile rapist
erm...
>>
Can someone explain to me why people worship chumbley? If his shit worked (it doesn't), then why did he die so young?

Maybe binding yourself to Draco and summoning reptilians isn't such a good fucking idea.
>>
>>17164386
I want to suck your scholarly dick so badly. No homo.

By any chance do you have Lucifer: Princeps?
>>
>>17173670
No, its literally, "I claim to be able to derive certain information and/or predict a person's future based on the time and place of their birth, and for some reason my system is the correct one out of dozens of conflicting systems of astrology."

The scientist did not make nthe claim, he is merely testing it. Even if the scientist learned to do astrology, it would be a silly study, since every single other astrologer would say "he didnt do it right" because he didn't use their particular brand of insanity.
>>
>>17165039
What the fuck, I found this album just two days ago on a list of psychedelic albums from the 60s
I've been listening to this
wtf
Stupid fucking synchronicities.
>>
>>17173675
>Also, this is probably the reason why the current pirates didn't want me to have the fucking thing in the first place, if our regular trolls can be believed.

Possibly. Probably best certain parties don't see the library, given the Uncle Andy material in it.

>That just tells me I have to work harder to rip down corners of the veil in their material, I just need to catch my bearings on how I'm going revise notes thus far.

Kek, I suspect there will be tears from fluffier quarters when they see the amount of technical sex magic/thelemic material in the notes- I get the feeling some will initially think its something they can just include in their eclectic wiccan practice.
>>
>>17173709
You're wrong.
>>
>>17173709
FBI statistics confirm water signs to be serial killers and geminis to be homosexuals.

How much more proof do you need before you stop sucking cocks?
>>
>>17173477
>Just getting a Jhana or five doesn't mean anything compared to those internal issues are solved and allowing the person to experience MORE of the good stuff, and LESS of the bad.
you're right, but i think you overestimate people, who have a bias in favor of short-term gratification. Jhana feels amazing, If you can induce it in people with little time and effort they'll pay alot.
>>
>>17173693
>Can someone explain to me why people worship chumbley? If his shit worked (it doesn't), then why did he die so young?

Not a doctor mang, I have no idea.

>Maybe binding yourself to Draco and summoning reptilians isn't such a good fucking idea.

Possible. But lets keep going and see what happens.
>>
>>17173730
People have no clue what that even is, brah. That's the thing. Plus, I never met anyone who has attained Jhanas on their own; I'm only going by descriptions, which seem rather accurate.

>>17173728
Source?
>>
>>17173728
I would probably need proof.
>>
>>17173737
>inventor dies strange death at 37 y/o after summoning reptilian soul sucker space-jews
>But lets keep going and see what happens.

This can only end badly.
>>
>>17173693
>Maybe binding yourself to Draco and summoning reptilians isn't such a good fucking idea.
Get a load of this fuckin' pleb!
>>
>>17173730
black aura
>>
File: image087.jpg (8KB, 319x312px) Image search: [Google]
image087.jpg
8KB, 319x312px
>>17173778
>>
>>17173728
7 houses in scorpio
am I doomed to murder
>>
>>17173803
No, only if your planets are badly affected. Scorpio isn't gonna kill anyone except his lover btw. Pisces is the serial killer.
>>
>>17173803
Yes, because astrology is real and researchers are completely wasting their time looking at how things like genetics and upbringing influence traits.
>>
>>17173816
One doesn't exclude the other, mon.
>>
File: 1451555488018.jpg (479KB, 727x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1451555488018.jpg
479KB, 727x1047px
>>17173811
>Scorpio isn't gonna kill anyone except his lover btw.
Fuggin' scumbags.
>>
>>17173816
Why do arranged marriages in India work so well compared to love marriages? Could it be because one is astrologically planned for compatibility?
>>
>>17173830
Yes, that must be it. Gigantic hunks of barren rock being in the right place at the right time when a child comes out of its moms vagina determine whether it's marriage to someone will be good or bad.

It's also why I wear a coat made out of cervixes. It's the only material in the universe which can block out astrological influences.
>>
>>17173778
Since when was chumbley an inventor
>>
>>17173441
Pls friend.
>>
Alright, so last week I failed my evocation of Zepar. Today I successfully (?) evoked Vual.

I did everything right and I felt pretty great after the ritual, although I didn't feel a presence. My only fuckup was that I forgot to assign a time period for the completion of my request. Maybe that's a big deal, but whatever.
>>
>>17174503
>Maybe that's a big deal, but whatever
It's the biggest of deals.

>Specific
>Measurable
>Attainable
>Realistic
>Timely

SMART
MARTS
ARTSM
RTSMA
TSMAR
>>
>>17174528
I was freezing cold to the point that my teeth were clattering and I couldn't feel my hands so I wasn't exactly 100% focused.

Is this gonna wreck the whole thing or is this still salvageable? I'm pretty sure he's gonna do what I asked eventually.
>>
>>17174594
>eventually
Key word. Could be tomorrow, could be in a few years, could be just before you die.

That's why SMART matters so much. I teach this as a foundation for my business coaching clients, and it IS REALLY IMPORTANT REALLY IMPORTANT YOU KNOW LIKE REALLY.

Also in therapy. People are very prone to putting things off, because it's uncomfortable; why not SMART and make it happen?
>>
>>17174601
Ok, well can I re-evoke him and ask him to do this quicker? Do I have to do an entire ritual or can I just visualize his sigil and remind him to prioritize what I asked?
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.