[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: New fresh ideas for Horror. >Videogame >Protagonist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: 1427858237600.jpg (13KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
1427858237600.jpg
13KB, 400x275px
ITT: New fresh ideas for Horror.

>Videogame
>Protagonist sits in a Wheelchair

also

>Any Horror Media
>Female protagonist is Pregnant and gets stabbed in the tummy at one point
>>
>>17162791
Wheelchair down the stairs would probably be just as effective.
>>
what is the ending of cry of fear

and for the second idea what is silent hill 3?

tell me if im wrong
>>
File: water_walking_ball_dd.jpg (136KB, 450x306px) Image search: [Google]
water_walking_ball_dd.jpg
136KB, 450x306px
Horror in a hang-glider or water walking ball.
>>
>>17162865
Too radical to be scary
>>
>>17162791
A good/cruel thing for a horror game to have is enemies with expansive, dynamic pathways they can move about. There are so many games where 'this room is safe' or 'surly this corner is far away enough'. Just imagine holding still at the beginning of map for half an hour and then a group of ghouls just show up.
>>
>>17162930
>Just imagine holding still

But who would actually do that?
>>
>>17162791
Female protagonist is pregnant in is pushed down the stairs, terminating the pregnancy and causing paralysis. This could be opening cinematic. Her lover ,( lesbian, in vitro fertilization?) Pushed her, unstable due to mental hallucinations. Story is pro trying to figure out how lover became unstable. Lover in hospital for treatment breaks loose chasing the pro through the hospital, kills everyone in (it's) way. Police arrived to assist pro but the hospital goes on lockdown.

Edit and improve. Or discard and Try again.
>>
>>17163061
why Lesbian?
>>
zombies rape you then eat you
>>
>>17162991
The dude getting dip
>>
>>17163077
Sometimes it's fun to see girls. Other times it's fun to think about lesbians.
>>
>>17163077
why not entitled cis scum
>>
File: 1451184634407.png (95KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1451184634407.png
95KB, 325x325px
>>17162865
> Occulus support
> look down and see the aquatic monster stalking you and hopelessly try to run in your ball as it tears through the water behind you
>>
>>17164133
holy shit

someone do this pls
>>
>>17162791
I think the pregnancy thing has been done but wheelchair protag, that I actually really like
>>
>>17163119
Already been done

Rape Zombie Lust of The Dead
>>
>>17162791
Pregnancy thing has been done. Check out Citadel, hands down my favourite film. Don't want to spoil too much but it will surprise you how unique it is.
>>
>>17162791
>protagonist in a wheelchair

Yeah, a Resident Evil / Mario Kart mash up is just what the video game industry needs. Well done OP.

While I'm here, just played Ayylium Isolation for the first time. Shit is spoopy yo!
>>
>pregnant female protag who gets stabbed

That sounds gory, but not any scarier than any character getting stabbed. I don't mind playing as a female protag, because I can relate to them in general. I can't relate at all to being pregnant, so I don't really care either way. Seems like not having to worry about your baby dying anymore would make the experience a little less stressful 2bh.
>>
A multiplayer version of people stranded on some place, there's an unknown murderer among the players and he's killing them one by one
>>
>>17162791

ok ive always had this idea

-horror games that let you play out short horror stories with random subjects of terror and twists

-alot of running around and hiding

bear chase in condemnded 2 gave me this idea where you just have to run through a cramp abandoned house with a bear chasing you. It was horrifying, so i figureed something where it has series of episodes and can also feature downloadable content so its always fresh horro coming
>>
File: 11177805_ori.jpg (209KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
11177805_ori.jpg
209KB, 800x1200px
>>17162791
>New
>>
>protagonist is deaf
>occasionally switch to giallo style POV shots but from the protagonist, either cut out audio entirely or just a constant tone
>>
>>17162791
U know what would be really fucking scary?
>horror game along the same style as Silent Hill/RE but First Person
>no sound
>invisible enemies
>u hit walls and railing and shit with an object to make sound waves
>enemies only appear if you do that, for a couple seconds
>>
>>17166035
>Gary's mod, Murder.
>>
>>17166534
There's an app game called Echo that's basically that. It's dark and you basically use sound to determine the map layout and where enemies are
>>
>>17162791
I want a game with a huge, realistic city, but some horrible event occurs while the protag is in a plane crash. You come to and have to build yourself back up in terms of strength, agility, general health (you'll be sick and banged up horribly but capable of the full range of movement to an extent), and mental health.

As you explore this silent, broken city, completely devoid of life, you find strange corpses, almost mummified, or odd shrines and mounds of human parts and refuse scattered about the region. You can't gauge how long you've been out, but it doesn't seem right.

There are some patches of land and under city that you can't cross without a biosuit, that you either build or find. You can craft survival gear and homes. There are still animals but you need appropriate hunting tools and skills, so you mostly forage for vegetation and non perishable foods. Water sources run out depending on size, there'd be at least one or two that never run out but are dirty.

As you explore and build your traversal gear/suit, you'll see more and more evidence of some cosmic horror situation that humanity seems to have lived through for hundreds of years before you woke up. You keep trying to find rational reasons for this fall of mankind, and the more you do, the crazier things get around you.

Then you notice things are moving. Traps you may have set up are undone but not set off by an animal. Items you may have placed as a security measure (say you live in a giant old mall, on the roof, but down below you placed lots of glass and material that makes noise if the doors open inward. Etc.) are missing or moved. Then you begin to hear things. Ghosts? Aliens? Eldritch abominations? Or just your mind playing tricks to keep you entertained?

Eventually you will feel hunted, especially in dark areas and outdoors at night. A bad fall, sickness, or succumbing to a laid trap can kill very easily, so you realize whatever wants you could kill you fast.
>>
Guy in his twenties is haunted by his own shadow. You literally can't stand with your back against any wall with a light source in front, as it can only attack you when it proyects on a wall.
>>
>>17166573
The obvious focus would be on silent exploration and introspection. Instead of talking aloud to yourself (though you could in some parts), you'll just read your journal after sleep to see if there's any new ideas or "missions" to go on in terms of exploring or foraging, for those that need guidance. But the city is open and free from the start, leading to a lot of water cooler talk online with fans of the game finding new, haunting areas to live in. The boundaries would have to be natural, mountains and/or massive bodies of water. The odd things chasing you,and a general understanding of the history of the cataclysm are there to drive story, but I don't want there to be much. It should be pure speculation, online discussion would keep a game like that alive a long time if done right.

And of course an ending IF you want one, a clearly defined "ok I've studied enough whatever to know to go to this place and this one" until you either go mad from trying to get it, or get captured and killed by the things after you.

Another horror game I'd love to see (and there is already a Jason game in the works apparently), is an 80s style slasher. Only you pick your starting area, city, countryside/farm, deep forest, etc and this changes the killer and the fodder. You can try to become "last girl", sell out your friends and be a jerk, or even be the slasher if you log enough time playing in that story.

Speaking of which, a series of slashers would be fun to play. A vengeful revenant, a spirit, a flesh and blood maniac, a methodical reserved killer, a small team of killers, and an alien could round things out nicely. Add score attack modes, and more points for style and fear factor. This way, even as an invincible character, you'd have goals and things to set up.
>>
>this nigger hasn't seen the french film Inside
>>
>>17166011
thing is being pregnant would add to the horror.

>limited movement
>2 lifes to save instead of just your own
>can't deal with too much stress

getting stabbed near the end would just add to the tragedy
>>
Ive always kinda had this fear.

Have a game where a normal guy in his 20s goes to work, visits family, etc but some of the characters in the world are really demons and shapeshift when youre alone with them, or try to hurt you, turn other people against you, generally act evil and tourture the player. You cant just outright get a shotgun and kill the demon, because they are in human form and youll be arrested/lose the game. You have to figure out how to outsmart them or just avoid the demons. The game gets the most scary at night time when youre alone, the demons shapeshift into horrible creatures to scare you and say vile shit to you.
>>
>>17162791
>Videogame

So novel.

Let's see. Ironsides himself, Link, Julie, and the boring white cuck no one can remember the name of.
>>
File: 1.png (18KB, 179x242px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
18KB, 179x242px
>>17166998
This. This is actually not a bad idea for a game.
>>
How about being a human when suddenly you find yourself in the body of a demon and you gotta fit in or else.
Maybe even rise through the ranks, get summoned, kill and eat stupid summoners etc while trying to return to human.
>>
>game where mic or headphones have to be used
>compatible with vr glasses
>similar to outlast, but now enemies can find you based on how much noise you are making through your microphone, whether full out yelling or heavy breathing
>>
>>17166543
Just to clear it up for anyone that's trying to play it, it's called Dark Echo, but it costs money (something like $0.49) but you can download and install it via

http://themobilebay.org/torrent/12000969/Dark+Echo+v1.2
>>
I want another good horror fps like FEAR or Condemned.
>>
>>17168275
Have you played Outlast?
>>
>>17166998
this one is cool, but would take some SERIOUS writing chops
>>
>>17168305
Thanks man. I think of it as a semi open world, has "stages". thats how real life is anyway, you dont just run around in real life like GTA and do whatever you want. You have to work, you have relationships with people, you grocery shop, drive a car, etc. It would take good voice work too, video games are plauged with shitty voice acting.
>>
>>17162791
I have a simpler horror, this happens to me sometimes
>drive in car for a long time
>start talk to myself
>is a dialogue between what I perceive to be the angel devil dynamic of my psyche
>devil part of me threatens to swerve my car into the side of the road if I keep lying to myself about things
>almost did it once
>>
i want a pt like game with ocolus. i would be too scared to play it but finally i would feel the fear.
>>
>>17168378
Well start writing now and when you have it fleshed out you can pitch it
>>
>>17166573
>>17166596
These are some really neat ideas, althought come to think of it... the first one sounds a lot like Minecraft
>>
>>17158288

there's another thread guise
>>
>>17166874
I can't identify with being pregnant, so the whole concept just doesn't seem that much more horrible to me.
>>
>>17166534
There's like 3 games like that out recently, lol
>>
File: 52mVzL7.png (445KB, 1023x446px) Image search: [Google]
52mVzL7.png
445KB, 1023x446px
>>17167038
>>
I always thought a horror game where you play in first person as a kid riding their bike home from a friends house, while getting followed by someone or something would be really cool
>>
>>17162991
The point he's making is that the once the game starts, the AI will move about unscripted. So kinda like what Alien: Isolation was marketed as, even though the actual game is super scripted.
>>
>>17169813

Ever watched Yondemasuyo Azazel san?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.