[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /x/, you like looking for lost texts, right? I've seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: weirdlist.png (4MB, 1928x2098px) Image search: [Google]
weirdlist.png
4MB, 1928x2098px
Hi /x/, you like looking for lost texts, right? I've seen pic related on /lit/ a few times. I can't find any information on some of these books.

I almost wonder if it's a troll, like the Grifter, by posting fake books among real ones. Most of them you can find information about by googling their title, but there's many that don't turn up any information.

Here are the texts with English titles that I can't find any info on.
>Odysseus Weeps
>Dances of Wormwood
>Gloria Candesco
>Midnight Rain
>Cypress Funeral
>Aestrith's Song of the Dead
>Internet Dreams

It's possible some of them may have been obscure poems and essays posted only on the internet.
>>
>>17162684
You have surprisingly good taste.:3
>>
>>17162684

Bump because this looks cool.
>>
>>17162684
Looks like someone has weak google-fu. I found half of those in five minutes.
>>
>>17162684
love those books
>>
>>17162684
I tried to look up Internet Dreams and found
>http://internetdreams.net/
but I didn't do it
>>
>>17162713

looks like someone can't read
>>
>>17162745
>But there's many that don't turn up information
>I easily found info on them by googling
Haha okay
>>
>>17162722
>https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/internet-dreams

>The "information superhighway" is a metaphor oft used to describe the internet, used so often that Stefik fears we're in danger of subjecting the evolution of the net to the limiting implications of this metaphor. Stefik, along with a host of prescient techno thinkers and doers, examine four richer, more powerful metaphors and their Jungian archetypes that together should expand anyone's thinking about the cyber world... And those metaphors are: digital library (The Keeper of Knowledge), electronic mail (Communicator), electronic marketplace (Trader), and digital world (Adventurer). The summoning of the archetypes in service of Stefik's argument is less silicon psychobabble than it is a compelling way to organize this book around the very real ways in which the net is being used.

>http://www.voidspace.org.uk/psychology/archetypes_internet.shtml
>>
>>17162734
>http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3171028-internet-dreams
It's a different author...
>>
>>17162705
Thanks, y-you too...
But really, the only one I've read is Rings of Saturn. It's about the author going on a long walk through the British countryside, sharing his thoughts and pieces of history. It's comfy, but also kind of mysterious in that it's just the humble words of a bygone time.
>>
>>17162722
DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE

It asked for webcam integration and I clicked to allow it.

Then I got a blue screen and my computer restarted. Fuck, what did I do?
>>
>>17163011
Expect us.
>>
>>17163011
Expect us hard, bro.
>>
>>17163011
Expect us even harder, brethren.
>>
>>17163011
Sorry, friend

So does no one else find it extremely creepy that there is only 2 hits for "Internet Dreams daiki" if it's real?

What might it contain to be blacked out?
>>
>>17163011
Actually, it might have been my webcam driver that caused my computer to cross. The site appears to be an artsy website, I found a soundcloud that appears to be run by the same folks.

Looks a site /x/ might like, actually.
>>
>>17163111
Like I said in the OP, all the titles I greentexted have no information when searching google. Someone is lit said:
>p sure Internet Dreams was some vaporwave poem going around on bandcamp around 2012

Someone else says:
>I've got a copy of The Enneads, and Odysseus Weeps at home. Not sure about the others.
>>
>>17163198
Did a search on a /mu/ archive in the year 2012 and it led to
>https://ailanthusrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/dreams-3d
>>
>>17162684
The idea that these might exist really intrigues me. I assume the Odysseus Weeps guy in the /lit/ thread was trying to mess with you but the notion of lost texts in general is thrilling to me as a book lover. Just how many texts have been lost or destroyed over the centuries?

Also kudos to whoever made the pic for including Pound.
>>
>>17162684
Those missing books' covers look like they were made in MS Paint. Btw - that Cypress Funeral looks like it was inspired by the paintings of Aleksandra Waliszewska, or at least I remember it from her Facebook profile.

Pater Duplicat is Father Dubs, wasn't he one of the editors of Hypersphere?
>>
File: matchbox.jpg (50KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
matchbox.jpg
50KB, 500x342px
>>17165075
I had to delete my comment, but yeah, the Cypress Funeral cover is a picture of a rare Polish matchbox, so my bet is that those books are fake. Pic rel.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.