[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, quite often there are stories on here about camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: srthsrhshsh.jpg (13KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
srthsrhshsh.jpg
13KB, 500x400px
Hey /x/, quite often there are stories on here about camping and weird things that happen out in the woods. I'm an avid camper, and I've never had any off experiences, until a month ago. I wanted to share it with you guys.

> Be late Novemberish
> Weather is really nice. Not too hot, not too cold. Decide to go camping/fishing.
> Find a decent park a few hours away in GA. Decide to invite a friend.
> Friend is Mark. Cool guy, homebrews, very perceptive/intelligent, but not the outdoorsy type.
> Convince him to come along because I don't want to go alone and everyone else is busy.
> Tell him maybe we'll find some mushrooms out in the wild. ( We didn't, but it got him out. )
> Pretty much everything goes normal.
> Get there, get camp set up. Go fishing for dinner.
> Around 5-6pm, getting dimmer/cooler out. Start fire and start cooking.
> This is where things go kind of weird.
> An old man with a backpack comes out of the woods. He's dirty as hell, looks like he just got out of a coal mine.
> Comes up to us, asks what we're up to.
> Says he's been hiking all day. Asks to spend the night with us since he's beat and we already have fire going.
> Mark is kind of weary.
> I convince him to let the man stay. He's old and it's gonna get dark soon.
> Old man says his name is Luke, but everyone calls him Scratch.
> We spend the night talking.
> Mostly Luke.
> He has an endless number of stories from his life to tell.
> He has a way of speaking that sort of enthralls you. Like, you just kind of zone out and only hear him.
> No idea how long this goes on for.
>>
>>17161167

> Eventually hear a cackle from the woods.
> Luke says it is likely a coyote/fox
> Every now and then some other weird noise will come out of the woods.
> Keeps getting closer.
> Mark is getting upset. His gut's telling him something is wrong.
> Luke keeps telling us it's fine.
> Eventually, whatever it was reaches our camp.
> Hear rustling in the bushes.
> Godawful smell hits us. It's like diarrhea, booze, and sulfur mixed together.
> <Cackling intensifies>
> Can't make out what the fuck it is.
> Luke walks to the edge of the camp in it's direction.
> Out of nowhere, in a big booming voice he tells it to leave and never come back.
> Hear running. No more cackling. Smell leaves soon after.
> He sits down and tells us that "everything under the sun fears a bigger predator. "
> We've been up all night.
> When the sun starts to rise, Luke goes to leave.
> Goes to shake our hands.
> Mark won't. I shake his hand and wish him well.
> Everything else is normal till we get home.
> Ever since, things have been shit for mark. Just terrible luck.
> Meanwhile, I've had amazing luck.
> Things like finding a 100$ bill, sex life improving, ect.

I dunno, it was a weird experience. Not necessarily paranormal, but it was weird. Just figured I'd share it with you. Don't know what to make of it. Maybe there isn't anything to make of it.

Have a good one /x/.
>>
>>17161173
Sounds like you had a run-in with some kind of forest spirit or shaman. Hell, maybe even a god. Mark should have been nicer
>>
>>17161446

Honestly, I wonder if he wasn't in the right. My gut told me something wasn't right about the old man, but I was too polite to treat him different. Mark's just more honest. We were both seriously uncomfortable.
>>
I think it WAS a forest spirit. At least it seems to be one if you judge by his actions...
>>
>>17161167
Luke - Lucifer
Scratch - Old Scratch
You shook the devils hand...
>>
>>17163151

> Luke
> Lucas
> Luc
> Lucifer
> Old Scratch
> Georgia.

Holy shit OP shook the devil's hand.
>>
Where in GA did you go camp?

Been wanting to go camping for the past few years, and everything is retardedly expensive for a primitive site.
>>
12/??/15 - the day OP shook hands with the devil
>>
>>17163237
This also concerns me. Did he claim OP with the handshake? Was he mad at Mark for not giving it to him?
>>
>>17163195

Up in North GA, near the base of the Appalachian Trail. I camped in one of the state forests. Can't remember the name of the forest, but I remember the mountain was either "Jake Mountain" or "Bull Mountain" . Not entirely sure which.

As for people saying it was the devil, come on. Aside from the fact that the devil doesn't exist ( I can buy ghosts, undiscovered species, ect, but the literal personification of evil? ), he surely isn't a benevolent old man that saves a couple of dudes from spoopy shit in the woods.

He didn't even try to make a deal with either of us.
>>
>>17163253
You don't know that.
>>
>>17163253
when you shook his hand he took your soul in exchange for lifelong good luck and cursed your friend bro
>>
>>17163300

Doubt it. Even if I were to believe he was the devil, Satan him fucking self, not a single scrap of folklore, myth, or anything ever has him taking a soul without a deal, and he's always open as to what that deal entails.
>>
>>17163321

Think back hard. He had to have asked for something.
>>
>>17163707
OP let him share their fire, their camp.

That's all the Devil asks for.

To be let in.
>>
File: 1438404273598.jpg (58KB, 580x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438404273598.jpg
58KB, 580x600px
>>17163826

> mfw Satan is a forever alone robot.
>>
File: il_570xN.611565664_4b7o.jpg (107KB, 570x454px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.611565664_4b7o.jpg
107KB, 570x454px
>>17164287
>tfw no qt3.14159 to cuddle while you're frozen in Cocytus
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.