[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can you tell me about meditation, /x/? Do you do it? Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: big mean green.png (383KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
big mean green.png
383KB, 500x661px
What can you tell me about meditation, /x/? Do you do it? Do you believe in it? Any stories or results?
>>
>>17160096
It's how you attain get gud. Yw
>>
>>17160096
No, meditation is a myth and no one has ever meditated, ever. Buddha used to just pretend to be asleep so plebs would leave him alone. As a result of meditation being a myth, there are no stories or results, only people pretending to be asleep so they feel better, and have an excuse to not talk to plebs. Hope this help. Btw I'm a girl.
>>
>>17160110
Ayyy lmao
>>
File: FEELS GOOD MAN.png (45KB, 272x273px) Image search: [Google]
FEELS GOOD MAN.png
45KB, 272x273px
>>17160096
ill take you seriously op.
basically meditation is focusing your attention on something (your breath a candle flame holding your body in a position sitting still) all you would do is assume a position (sitting) and breath and not focus on anything else but your breathe. anything thought or itch you had pay it no head. a bitch in heat walks by you dont move until you've finished your meditation. you let nothing distract you. its been scientifically proven that if you meditate for 10 minutes a day every day for 1 year it will change the structure of your brain. why do it though? it basically teaches you discipline, it give your ability to say no more. you have achemical limit to will power in your brain and meditation extends that limit the more you do it.
>>
>>17160337
>a bitch in heat walks by you dont move until you've finished your meditation.
Are you homo?
>>
>>17160337
You described the technique to achieve "results".
Meditation can't lead you to a result because you can't expect one exactly, although you can feel a lot of sensations like traveling to some place out of time and space. The physical or mental " results" are usually a decrease of anxiety, improvement of ability to solve problems etc.
>>
I just started and I've gotten "high" of sorts on my third 45 minute attempt. I lost the sensation of being in my body, could see a purplish light (like you see when you rub your closed eyes and see little blue specs). It lasted like 3 minutes tops, then I lost concentration and for the rest of the 45 minutes I spent it trying to refocus and start meditation again, but it was so different from anything I've experienced before I couldn't focus.

Would recommend. It's calming and once you get past the resistance of your mind trying to convince you to do something else it feels really good. Like we were meant to do it. Calm down our minds I mean.
>>
>>17161501
Have you ever posted your experience here already, I think I read it before.

Also I was typing mine and fucking browser crashed.
>>
>>17161519
Whoops I fell asleep. Ummm I don't think I posted that here, I might have. It happened about 2 weeks ago or so.
>>
first thing you need to know is how to breathe properly

odds are you've been breathing wrong your whole life

practicing proper breathing will by itself do wonders for whatever problem you might have

basically there are 3 types of breathing and by combining them effortlessly you achieve proper breathing.

first type is belly breathing, the kind where you can see your belly move in and out

the second is lung breathing, you do this after you've sprinted and are trying to catch your breath (but don't do it with intensity, do it calmly)

the third is with the tip of your lungs, put a necklace on and try to breath in a way that sees your necklace move

to combine these three types you have to completely exhale all air, then start inhaling through the nose very slowly and effortlessly. first let your belly fill with air, continue inhaling slowly and let your lungs fill up completely up to the neck.

then start to exhale slowly (you should do all of this without any effort, in a way that feels as if it's coming naturally and by itself, as if you're letting it happen, obviously at first you'll have to do it consciously but after practicing it'll come naturally)
first exhale the air in your stomach, and continue exhaling upwards through your lungs and "neck". after you've completely exhaled, start inhaling in the order i first described.

after a while your breathing will become connected and wavelike, you will start to feel tingling in your arms and legs, even in your face maybe, this is just an effect of having proper oxygen flow after a lifetime of shit breathing.

after you've learned this combine it with meditation
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (13KB, 300x205px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
13KB, 300x205px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Prayer
>>
>>17162579
meditation has been described by other posters itt, however I'd like to add something that really helped me because I didn't really have good concentration abilities.

If you have a really active mind try to just keep repeating one word or phrase and don't try to do it slowly, do it at the speed your thoughts come naturally. It kind of feels like you're forcing yourself to speak the word/phrase in your mind. You'll have other thoughts come in, don't make any opinions on them, don't question where they came from and why, just let them come and go and keep repeating your word/phrase. Then try to synch it with your breathing and your mind should slowly calm down and eventually clear completely.
>>
>>17160096
I used to practice pretty regularly, but it's been several years since then. I'd really like to get back into it, but I have an even harder time focusing these days..
As for results: I was generally happier back then when I was meditating, had less anxiety and depression, much more patience (I have such a short temper these days). I was a lot more inspired too.
I have also used meditation for pain management which has worked to varying degrees dealing with flu or joint pain.
Oh, and I'd have much more vivid dreams. I even managed to drop straight into a lucid dream after meditating for around an hour, accidentally falling asleep afterwards.
>>
From my experience it does work, but the benefit aren't worthy for me. But it sometimes helps.
>>
The thing about meditation is it puts things in perspective
sometimes you can get lost in the daily business and never really get back to who you really are, you spend the day working, trying to please everyone and when you finally have time to yourself you're still kinda nervous and you end up just settling for the most readily available entertainment until you fall asleep and return to the daily grind.
In time you forget how to really be just by yourself and start feeling lonely and shitty.

Meditation puts things in perspective, you feel that "time" will always pass at a constant speed and you should never spend any time worrying about the future or regretting the past, and you should never have negative thoughts or feelings towards yourself because it serves no purpose other than to make you feel worse..

You are who you are, you are the exact same person as everyone else except that your environment molded you differently and some chemicals in your brain are balanced differently. You will not get better by barraging yourself with negative thoughts towards yourself

Inner peace means being content when you're alone, once you have it, you can project it outwards and become a better human in the eyes of others if that is what you feel like you want.
>>
>>17162579
Thank you. I find this really relaxing.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.