[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone read this book? how did you find it? did you actu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

has anyone read this book?
how did you find it?
did you actually do any of the exorcises?
how did they effect you?

you can find a pdf of it here:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/downloads/04%20Prometheus%20Rising.pdf
>>
Read it some time ago but I didn't do many exercises. I remember the ones which basically are about a "change in perspective"/reality tunnel issue. For being "un-biased" he seemed pretty biased to me. Nonetheless very interesting food for thought.
>>
File: 8circ.jpg (52KB, 397x537px) Image search: [Google]
8circ.jpg
52KB, 397x537px
>how did you find it?
A sync, of course

I am working on a project. I was advertising for a partner for it on a few forums, including a Facebook group with 50k members

No one responded to my post about the project. I was angry. I decided to semi-shitpost, post something I knew would garner a lot of likes, it went a bit like:
>"Sure have been a lot of crickets around my posts lately. [grasshopper emoticon] [grass emoticon] [blowing leaves emoticon] If you can see this, say "Hi".
Narcissistic garbage. It got hundreds of likes and even more comments.

After dozens and hundreds of "Hi" variations one of them said
>But why did no one respond to Anon's posts? Isn't anyone going to talk about that?
He entered a discussion with someone, said something that revealed he'd taken the time to look up my previous post. So I messaged him.

In our conversation I ended up asking "Have you ever heard of the 8 circuits of consciousness?" and he responded "are you fucking kidding me? you have to read prometheus rising, I reread it every year and I just started it last night"

>did you actually do any of the exorcises?
>exorcises

Heh. No, not exactly. I found I had done variations on most of the exercises for circuits 1-5 already, on my own.

>how did they effect you?
I believe I have imprinted the 5th circuit, which means I have frequent 6th circuit experiences.
>>
>>17154956
oh god you guys I'm having a moment of paranoid clarity in which I wonder if the reason I had a person introduce the book to me is because I'm an idiot who had been interested in the theory but hadn't read the books
>>
>>17154978
that hole goes down a lot deeper than PR.
>>
>>17154904
>has anyone read this book?
Yes. I always confuse it with quantum psychology, though.

>how did you find it?
I've been a discordian before.
I've been into meta-programming and psychedelics before too.
RAW's how-to manuals are useful in these fields.

>did you actually do any of the exorcises?
No. RAW's exercizes are only really useful in demonstrating the 8-circuit model experientially.

If you've done LSD and aren't some mystic idiot, you already know what the exercizes teach.

>how did they effect you?
See above.
Using exercises to blow your mind pointlessly is fucking dumb. Git gud and develop a brainwashing program to willfully condition and decondition ideations and sexual preferences, then we'lll talk.
>>
>>17155191
What is your sexuality like now?

I find myself feeling more and more like Shiva, some kind of intersex stud
>>
>>17155265
>What is your sexuality like now?
dull, but gimme yo number and we might fix that :^)
>>
>>17154904
It's very good, offers a unique perspective on psychology, and goes as far as attempting to explain some things concerned with magick and the such.

If I had the discipline, I think this book gave me alot of knowledge that I could use to change myself drastically.
>>
File: 1447524228999.jpg (39KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1447524228999.jpg
39KB, 300x250px
>>
>>17154904
It's a pretty good book and very entertaining on top. It's basically psychedelics in bookform
>>
>>17155265
>Shiva, some kind of intersex stud
Someone has some more reading to do
>>
>>17155310
>unique
It is based on Timothy Leary's work. There are also a few other people who came up with similar systematics
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.