[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know anything about self-discovery? I'm trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: permission.jpg (831KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
permission.jpg
831KB, 2560x1600px
Anyone know anything about self-discovery? I'm trying to figure out who I am and I don't know how.

Any tips/stories/reading material?
>>
the self is not real

the "I" is an ever-changing narrative
>>
>>17126012
So there's nothing to find? How does that help me deal with all these conflicting emotions?
>>
>>17125936
Anyone with half a brain can do this.
Just that most people don't like to accept certain truths about themselves.
>>
>>17126020
Well I like to think I'm pretty open minded. I don't know if that's just what I call myself to cover up for some other fault or flaw that I just can't face, but if I'm not ready to face it and it's buried so deep in my subconscious that I'm not even aware of it, what should I do? How can I recover the memory?
>>
>>17126020
Also it's funny to think some monks spend a lifetime in meditation to do something I can do in less then a minute.
Waste of damn time
>>
>>17126036
I think it's great that they've found a way to live with themselves (as far as I can tell).
>>
>>17126034
Well if you are open minded then thats that. Just because you have bad in you doesn't take away the fact that you have good. Of coarse like most people you should just accept that you are a mixed up person with strengths, and faults.
>>
>>17126054
But I think I've already accepted that I think. I don't know how that helps me discover anything about myself.
>>
>>17126062
Wait nevermind. I just realized that acceptance is rarely a binary process with permanent outcomes.
>>
>>17126062
Then just think about the way you think, and the things you do, and why you do or feel certain ways ect...
Just like you can say you are open minded because you know that you try things with a less judgmental mind beforehand?
>>
>>17126081
>with a less judgmental mind
Well, I never judge. Ever. That's kind of why I think I have an open mind. I don't know if there's some other better word for it, but I never judge because I don't see any point to being judgmental.
>>
>>17126070
Well most things change of coarse including you :/

Anyways all you really have to do is observe yourself.
Notice how you feel, and why you feel that way.
Notice what you do, and why you do those things.
Notice what you think about things, and why you think that about it.
Then again that's probably legit meditation so that conflicts with the waste of time statement earlier, although I still would spend a lifetime...
>>17126036

If you can't do that the like I said you're looking for honied word or just someone to tell you who you are.
>>
>>17126034
mindfulness meditation
>>
>>17126116
Yeah, I do that a lot I think.
>>17126118
Pretend that I don't know what that is.
>>
>>17126126
So tell me... have you seen the new star wars movie? :)
>>
>>17126138
That's really nobody's business but my own.
>>
>>17126147
Fine then! :[

Bye! c:

https://youtu.be/La7nIriXKac
>>
>>17126126
you can start by sitting somewhere and becoming aware of your breath (some count their breaths), then observing your body/breath/thoughts, and doing this until you clear your mind. buddhists do it as a complement to self-analysis.
>>
>>17126036
Sure m8, you sound like i child
>>
>>17126013
>so there's nothing to find?
Yup. there's no baseline "you" besides the "you" that needs to eat and not cut itself and you can deal with your conflicting emotions by just being okay and letting yourself feel them man.
>>
>>17126203
no u
>>
>>17126160
4chan is not a valid way to make friends and you should feel horrible for trying. Especially in a thread whose context is finding oneself.
>>
>>17126177
How does this help me with self discovery? It's just void meditation with a fancy name.
>>17126211
Why does it hurt so much whenever I try to feel?
>>
Try a sensory deprivation tank
>>
>>17126313
Now THAT sounds fun.
>>
It's okay guys I figured it out. I'm god.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.