[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultist, Jungian Anons, I'm just wondering here. I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: archetypes.jpg (62KB, 747x373px) Image search: [Google]
archetypes.jpg
62KB, 747x373px
Occultist, Jungian Anons, I'm just wondering here.

I think there's a general theory a lot of modern occultists ascribe to that says gods/demons/deities are of the same nature of the Jungian archetypes. In that they exist in some sort of sub-subconscious, or that they can at least interact with us through our sub-subconscious. That they manifest as dreams, visions, inspirations and so on when we're in some sort of altered, psychotic state.
Magick is closer to psychology rather than physics or technology. But we can take that magical inspiration, the visions brought on by an archetype, and manifest it as physical work. So, maybe you have a vivid dream about Ganesh and get inspired to make a new type of instant messenger or whatever.

And, lurking on /x/ for any amount of time, I'm sure you've seen a thread that said "Do you think [Y psycho killer] was possessed by the devil?" or something similar. Let's say it's true, that some sort of non-physical consciousness found someone with a loose enough grip on reality to act it's will through; what if the archetypes are doing that all the time?

A singular serial killer is dramatic and stands out, but say you have a board of business men who influence an entire country's economy. Say, I dunno, Bacchus decides that they should invest in alcohol. That they should buy a big brewery, influence the laws surrounding it, advertise and sponsor it, try to make it a cultural institution; all he would need to do is slightly nudge an entire board and their own momentum does the rest.

With that in mind; do you ever look at current events (or events in history) that are outwardly unrelated to spirituality and think that, perhaps, an archetype may have shaped it? Who are the archetypes with the most pull today?
>>
>>17117478
TL;DR: Do you think gods are running the world via psychotic people?
>>
You bring up a good point, made me think, not common around here.
I'd say (as someone who lives in eastern Canada) the dominant archetype is the feminine, right by all, protecting one. I can't think of who someone in mythology who would represent it.
Of course there are many groups, many archetypes and many mixes.
>>
I think the elites are solely motivated by material ambitions and the desire to accumulate power and wealth.

So you can interpret it in the Gnostic / Montalk way and think that archons or higher dimensional beings manipulate us in this space time to lead us to a future of further oppression and inequality, but these entities don't act out of "human" motivations, i.e, they don't come from the collective unconscious.

In this capitalist and purely materialistic world I only see Jungian archetypes playing a role at the individual level. The masses are manipulated by something else.
>>
File: illuminati.gif (82KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
illuminati.gif
82KB, 768x576px
>>17117764
I was actually going to add this but decided not to in case it went off on a tangent; but I think the absence of symbolic thinking, or thinking in non-human symbols (ie; when there's a cultural hysteria that nobody seems to understand) is a very Demiurgic thing. If you imagine the Demiurge as this being that created physical reality, but never wanted us to have souls or art or anything that's more commonly associated with divinity/spirituality, an absence of archetypes means an absence of what makes us human.

Problem is, the Demiurge was and is often framed as an archetype of it's own. Today it represents oppression, greed, the grand conspiracy, and pretty much the Orwellian nightmare pessimists see the world has become. It's all of the same negative shit the pop Illuminati symbolise, but even more alien, more totalitarian and less human.
>>
Yes there should be a small "demiurge" inside of everybody since the microcosm reflects the macrocosm, but it's more akin to a general interface between soul and the body that gives birth to the ego. An archetype like a dark king or a tyrant, the general impulse to tyrannical power would be a corrupt derivation of it.
>>
File: greys.jpg (11KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
greys.jpg
11KB, 400x300px
I wonder what the current flap of UFO sightings represents. I've heard Terence McKenna on about how they're there to confound us and remind us that we don't know everything, but that seems a bit simplistic. Maybe they represent travel or flight. Some sort of freedom we don't have, stuck on the ground and all.
>>
>>17117478
This is a very interesting idea & I do agree with most of it. One thing I would consider, however, is that most well-known serial killers, mass murders, & lone gunmen are products of MK ULTRA. Please check out David McGowan if you aren't familiar, especially Programmed to Kill: The Politics of Serial Murder.
>>
File: pepeilluminati.jpg (33KB, 640x591px) Image search: [Google]
pepeilluminati.jpg
33KB, 640x591px
The question is gentlemen - How do we kill the demiurge?
>>
Man is subject to planetary influences as well.
>>
>>17120366
we can become atomic bombs
>>
>>17120374
lol please elaborate
>>
>>17120379
Not him but Reality & therefore the Demiurge subsist upon duality, the interplay between Light & Dark. Once we are able to embody pure Light (transcend, become enlightened, reach nirvana) we destroy our own subconscious Demiurge (Satan).

"Man supports himself only on that which resists."
>>
>>17117478
CAT FOOD CAT FOOD AGAIIN!!
>>
>Jungian
>all he would need to do is slightly nudge an entire board and their own momentum does the rest

so you know I'm still lurking, then, huh?
>>
File: WZ2n5EI.jpg (209KB, 1856x887px) Image search: [Google]
WZ2n5EI.jpg
209KB, 1856x887px
>>17120366
By moving to the left in this spectrum
>>
>>17117478
for years i viewed magick from a psychological perspective but im not so nearly naive anymore. i've seen too much. i've gone "too far". reality is far stranger than we were led to believe.
>>
>>17120366
We do not want to kill the demiurge he is essential and at some point you will realize this and why.
>>
>>17120835
what have you seen?
>>
>>17120849
Yes the trick is not to kill "him" (it's absurd), but to overcome his prison
>>
>>17120835
You can still use a somewhat psychological model for some stuff. If you choose the right authors. Not that it is at all strictly psychological, it goes way beyond. Yet still it is not a classical magickal perspective.

Take a deep look at Gilles Deleuze's anti-Oedipus.
>>
>>17117764
>these entities don't act out of "human" motivations, i.e, they don't come from the collective unconscious.
Why not? If the collective unconscious is the will of the people through the lens of knowledge and belief it makes sense that it would would exactly that
>>
>>17120459
NO USE TO COMPLAAAIN, WHEN YOU'RE CAUGHT OUT IN THE RAAAIN
>>
>>17117478

I consider myself the foremost expert on these matters, so I am troubled by my inability to provide clear answers:

It does not help that you do not specify what the field of pull you want described in archetype. And delineating such a field already frames the game of resisting to be resolved too much to be edifying. A prime archetype is best described in its abstract form, and then you can translate it as a myriad to fit in each sphere of human interest.

The prime mover when condensed into active social reality is something like the angst inherent with all dualism, ie Hegalian dialectics; archetype is the symbol or mark placed in the narrative of fatalism- thus it is implicitly the quest of understanding freedom in a realizable way. It is easy to summarize such a quest into one banner of conquest, but this is not an understanding, just a mentally fixed upon supremacy unintelligently driving the mind further into rationalized framework to sustain its structure. The guy, the boulder, the hill.

The specific links between each persons mental fixations, has to do with communication: a lot of which doesn't occur in a linear reference for the "time" concept (which is largely a missunderstanding woven into the mentally programmed rationalization). The gate of freedom is ruled by a personal image of gods; where the feminine dreamer child and masculine adult stands beneath of life. this is the extent of my current knowledge.

Zangetshumody

UFOs arent hallucinations.
>>
>>17117478
Larks Tongues was their best album.
>>
>>17117478
http://www.whatonearthishappening.com/podcast?start=150

>watch WOEIH Show #017

It is all very much real anon, magic and alchemy and most practices are simply methods of perfecting consciousness or the mind
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.