[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a serial killer and besides their past what drives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

What makes a serial killer and besides their past what drives them to kill. What gets em to the point of no return.
>>
Anger
>>
abuse, psychological torment, madness

Some are inherently born with murderous tendencies like Herbert Baumeister or Richard Chase (both spooky fuckers in their own right.)
>>
people like you
>>
Go write the ones in prison and find out.
Maybe even yourself for their conjugal visits if you like.
>>
If your not gonna write what I ask don't reply
>>
mental illness
>>
childhood traumas who make them have a different world vision
>>
Life, and how they've lived until the point they finally snap. Whether the snap is from underlying mental issues or self caused varies, and can be a mixture of both.

Life shits on us all daily, some of us can take it. Some of us get tired and pass the point of giving a fuck.
Why some kill when they pass that point? Some of just want to leave their mark on earth/humanity.
>>
>>17117332
I like what you said Im trying to get answers like this real explanations.
>>
>>17117286
I like this one too
>>
I read a LOT of biographies (summarized, obv.) when I was an edgy teenager. Most serial killers had difficult times in the infancy.
Other than that, genes probably.
>>
File: MindhunterBook.jpg (13KB, 123x185px) Image search: [Google]
MindhunterBook.jpg
13KB, 123x185px
A lack of conscience and empathy, usually combined with some kind of psychological trauma from childhood. The kill gives them the power and control they thrive on.
>>
>>17117104
>>17117286
>>17117332
>>17117360
Do you not know how to fucking read?
>>17117086
Only nigger who gave an okay answer
>>
>>17117360
>>17117366
I like keep em coming. Maybe I should have put past aswell.
>>
Would you guys say it was the parents fault? If yes why and I not why not?
>>
>>17117385
And if not why not?
>>
>>17117373
Hey, I answered your question as it was posited. Don't like it? Fuck ya, and fuck your thread then. There's already a serial killer thread anyway, douche.
>>
>>17117385
Maybe. But there are plenty of people that have horrible parents/childhoods who don't turn into killers. Bad parents won't help anyone.
>>
>>17117286
>>17117332
>>17117244
J. Dahmer had a very "normal" childhood-his father seemed to actually be a descent man-he was absolutely distraught over the things his son did-its was quite sad seeing his heartache,not only for his son,but for the loss of life caused by his son and the families of the victims- i think its a combination of things like child abuse/trauma mixed with mental illness and desensitation
>>
>>17117394
I posted the tread not him wrong guy but more answers would be cool thanks. OP
>>
>>17117373
Fight
Fuck
Eat

our three inherent human/animal traits that no matter what, will never leave us
>>
>>17117408
Yes I very much agree with all the answers
>>
>>17117408
Dahmer's dad was emotionally distant and his mom was a bit unstable and twitchy.
From an early age Dahmer was dealing with emotions he could not express in a socially acceptable way, naturally they became twisted as he drank to blot himself out. I think he was actually a kind of artist, soem of the placement of headless torsos shows a sense of aesthetics that is like giger, horrible but still a kind of beauty.
He was an artist created by the same pressures as any other, the lack of outlet made him more solitary and vicious, the normal interests became horror.
>>
>>17117416
So what your saying we go back to what is natural to us and kill? As humans we love violence we can't deny that. Please explain I understand you but like you to explain a little bit more.
>>
>>17117390
It's a lack of conscience or none at all, the major traits of a psychopath or sociopath. Our parents are usually the major guide on what is right or wrong. However there are a number of serial killers who have had normal childhoods.
>>17117408
And there are plenty of sociopaths/psychopaths who find their release in other ways like holding positions of power(CEOs).
>>
>>17117083
Being a cry baby bitch
>>
>>17117360
I did not know that thank you for teaching me something new.
>>
>>17117437
How so?
>>
>>17117083
fragile psyche + bad home life, i.e child abuse. killers aren't born they're made. there's a reason the common denominator with most serial killers is child abuse
>>
>>17117183
>>17117083
that's actually a god idea. U can literally get prisoner pen pals OP
>>
>>17117083

Skewed view of the world and no sense of ethics, usually stemming from mental illness or poor upbringing.

Children have no sense of right or wrong until somebody teaches that to them.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.