[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

>The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention.

>The dreaming body , sometimes called the "double" or the "Other," because it is a perfect replica of the dreamer 's body, is inherently the energy of a luminous being, a whitish, phantomlike emanation, which is projected by the fixation of the second attention into a three-dimensional image of the body.

>The dreaming body is as real as anything we deal with in the world. The second attention is unavoidably drawn to focus on our total being as a field of energy, and transforms that energy into anything suitable. The easiest thing is of course the image of the physical body, with which we are already thoroughly familiar from our daily lives and the use of our first attention. What channels the energy of our total being to produce anything that might be within the boundaries of possibility is known as will .

>At the level of luminous beings the range is so broad that it is futile to try to establish limits--thus, the energy of a luminous being can be transformed through will into anything.

>We are not merely whatever our common sense requires us to believe we are. We are in actuality luminous beings, capable of becoming aware of our luminosity. As luminous beings aware of our luminosity, we are capable of unraveling different facets of our awareness, or our attention. That unraveling could be brought about by a deliberate effort, as we are doing ourselves, or accidentally, through a bodily trauma.
>>
tl,dr; get yer fat arse off the sofa and go do something.
>>
>>17115344

tldr 'not ugly on the inside'

actually.
>>
AMBIGUOUS QUACKERY ALERT
>>
>>17116067
Absolutely, but 'ugly on the outside' starts to seep in.
>>
this castaneda stuff really gets to me

some of it is gold imo but the rest is hard to live by
>>
>>17116075
What's wrong with Quakers?
>>
>>17116086

I absolutely despise ANYONE who talks with authority on spiritual matters without the ability to back up the word they put forth.

>The dreaming body , sometimes called the "double" or the "Other," because it is a perfect replica of the dreamer 's body, is inherently the energy of a luminous being, a whitish, phantomlike emanation, which is projected by the fixation of the second attention into a three-dimensional image of the body.

This is utter quackery and you know it is because they just expect you to accept it without question, and if they expect you to accept what they say without question, they think themselves better than you and better than having to explain their quackery down to its base theoretical mechanics.
>>
>>17116099

In which case they are selling you snake oil because not even they care about backing up their word with any sort of true mechanics so they're skipping the pragmatists and targeting straight for the impressionable.
>>
>>17116110

I could use some drake oil.
>>
>>17116051
Indeed.

>>17116067
>>17116081
What the hell ?

>>17116075
Uhhh PERNICIOUS FEDORISM ALERT ??

>>17116082
>some of it is gold imo but the rest is hard to live by
It's just a more pragmatic repackaging of gnostic beliefs. Of course it's hard to live by. It forces you to take responsibility for your life.

>>17116099
It's just an extract of one of his books. I don't see why you would get that mad about some old shaman explaining his belief system unless it's in contracdiction with yours. So what exactly is your problem here ?

>authority on spiritual matters
Sounding a little bit like ASHTAR COMMANDER OF THE GALACTIC EMPIRE or something here m8.
>>
>>17116293

Then his belief system is as bias as the next one.

Like a plant writing a 'how to survive' guide for a lion, if he cannot explain the mechanisms or reduce them into a universal language then he might as well be telling us how he thought his day went

'First you know and believe you are symbiotic with the holy sun, and don't cause harm or ye shall be ousted as weeds and grown no more' Is no good to the lion's survival.

>Sounding a little bit like ASHTAR COMMANDER OF THE GALACTIC EMPIRE or something here m8.

Laughed at this. There's just too much quackery about, that's all. I feel quackery dilutes the truth into profitable means and is not beneficial for the collective as a whole but is more beneficial for the individual in the sense of 'buy my book' or at the very least it doesn't help the individual actually learn or think but rather it turns them into parroting echoes of what some guy figured out on his own, which isn't even close t the real thing, ya get me?

Anyway you're the cute, I like you.
>>
>>17116340
>Like a plant writing a 'how to survive' guide for a lion, if he cannot explain the mechanisms or reduce them into a universal language then he might as well be telling us how he thought his day went
Eh. As I said it's just a tiny extract, you would need to read his books to say this. But even Don Juan says that he's just teaching another description of the world. I don't remember him telling anything about truth, his main concepts are impeccability, 'seeing' and the assemblage point. Most of what he says is to prepare the encounter with the unknown, the nagual, death... It's not really a survival guide.

> I feel quackery dilutes the truth into profitable means and is not beneficial for the collective as a whole but is more beneficial for the individual in the sense of 'buy my book' or at the very least it doesn't help the individual actually learn or think but rather it turns them into parroting echoes of what some guy figured out on his own, which isn't even close t the real thing, ya get me?
I think in the case of Don Juan/Gnostic teachings, the problem is that it's too much for the average man to undertake. I mean, it would require perfect mastery of astral travel/lucid dreaming, among other things, and unless you're lucky those things take years to master. I think it's just that those are not sweet New Age/religious delusions (don't do anything : the brothers of light/God/Jesus/whatever are in charge, everything is under control) but work work work.

>Anyway you're the cute, I like you.
Ara ara doushio~
>>
>>17116432

Oh don Juan huh?

That's err...that's ok then.

;)
>>
File: Sans titre-16.jpg (268KB, 1179x507px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre-16.jpg
268KB, 1179x507px
>>17116549
>>
>>17116595

I wish to make sweet love with you.
>>
>>17116678
W-what ?

Are you trying to get some loosh out of me ?
>>
>>17116696

No I want us to sit in a paddling pool of loosh and in folly splash eachother with loosh juice.
>>
>>17116768
You just want to pop my root chakra open like a bottle of champagne and laugh at me while you absorb all my loosh !

I have no use for the love of a vampire !
>>
/thread
>>
>>17116804

You are most adorable! Like a little loosh fountain.

Do you not feel your loosh should quench a decent thirst, and can you not tell my thirst is decent?

Let me drink.
>>
>>17116986
I'm not your loosh fountain ! I don't have enough loosh for both of us. Please have mercy.
>>
File: 126775.png (194KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
126775.png
194KB, 320x320px
Hail Eris.
>>
>>17119858

I'm sure you have more than enough loosh for yourself by the fact it is simply spilling out of you and I am lapping it off the floor but why don't you pass me a cup? Tell me about yourself in your little gay way, please!
>>
>>17120140
>little
>gay
Maybe that's all there is to know about me. Maybe I like having my loosh extracted from me after all, it sounds romantic.

>>17120014
Hello /fringe/.
>>
>>17120244

Where do you live?
>>
The other day I had a dream where I kind of "saw" my dream body and this lizard dude came up and was like "let's try some of that Ryan" and put a syringe in it and then injected it inside himself. FUCKED UP SHIT MAN
>>
>>17120288
Paris, France.

>>17120312
What do you mean he injected some of you inside himself ?
>>
>>17120341
Like he took some of my dream self as a drug, as if he were taking some of my essence.
>>
Had a cool zombie dream. Then some shadow figure dreams. Something about 10,000 dollar investment. So three dreams. Sometimes my dream recollection is really good and sometimes not. All you can choose is how you react to it.
>>
>>17120356
Oh did he take a lot or just a little ? Did you see his reaction ?

>>17120371
These days my sleep is really chaotic so I have up to 10 dreams/night since I wake up all the time. I also get more sleep paralysis moments than I used to. False awakenings too. I keep forgetting to write down my dreams when I wake up that sucks.
>>
>>17120399
He just filled up the syringe, it was kinda big I guess. He was really enjoying himself with it.
>>
>>17120531
>He was really enjoying himself with it.
Damn. I want a dose of Ryan too
>>
>>17120244

Unlimited amount you collect from us, direct from us, we street intellectuals!
>>
/x/ is pretty gay huh?
>>
>>17122026
Then bend awa.
>>
>>17122058

Nice.
>>
>>17122066
I'll choke you.
>>
>>17122026
Sorry. It's not me, it's him >>17116678 I swear !
>>
Anyway, merry /x/mas.
>>
What the fuck is going on suddenly, with all these threads instantly derailed with spam?
>>
>>17125273
It's all my fault. If you're bored you could try to convince me to commit suicide.
>>
>>17125281
Ehhh... I'll be bored later.
>>
>>17125273

its like IRC for schizophrenia
>>
>>17125953
Rude.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.