[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been thinking a lot more about deja vu has been a occurrence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1278474340726.png (92KB, 277x347px) Image search: [Google]
1278474340726.png
92KB, 277x347px
I've been thinking a lot more about deja vu has been a occurrence in my life, and how it works. I always thought it was weird, like you can experience it twice.

Now this is what i think. It's time travel. True time travel. Think about it, you can experience it twice about the same thing. It's like a link to the past to the future. Every time it's happened for me, i've been able to remember exactly what happens next, yet i'm not able to do anything, my minds too preoccupied thinking about how its happening. Have you ever done that? The moment dejavu happens, you kinda just shut down, and look to see everything fall into place, right?

I've been trying to record my moments, and see if this can be replicated in some way through thought. The only idea i have at the moment, is to come up with a gesture. A "link" if you will. I put my hand to my temple, and then act as though i'm letting go of something, like a balloon or something.

For some reason, this action is also good for forgetting things. Now if i could find some way of reversing that, i could remember something that hasn't happened yet.

I know this probably sounds like bullshit, but /x/ usually is right?

Just as a social experiment, would you guys start using this motion as well? Just use it to take something off your mind, for some reason it works for me, maybe it'll work for you. Helps a lot with stress really.
>>
Sounds like an interesting idea for a story, but nothing more. Try writing some OC with it instead of believing you're a speshul magic time traveler.
>>
>>17110923
I don't think i'm special. I think this is just a normal thing that can happen to all of us. I mean, you've had deja vu at some point right?

I dunno, i'd just like to have a group study on this with some people i don't even know. You see shit about lucid dreaming on here all the time, and that shit isn't even paranormal. It's normal. Just like deja vu.

Just to humor me, would you like to try this out too? Smart phones are pretty helpful, i've started documenting them in the notes section.
>>
I have deja vu pretty frequently. Several times a month actually. I recall that I have dreamt something before it happens but only realize it while it's happening. Its been happening for years now. I just ride it out to see how long it last now. Even parts of conversation where I speak are included.

It's like I've dreamt of something years ago, forgot about the dream and then suddenly it's recalled as I live it. Very strange.

I've read somewhere that it could be a misfired neuron in the brain making you think that you've already done something or been somewhere. But it happens so often that I feel like it's more than that.

Just wish I could control it in some way.
>>
>>17110943
This is how i feel. You just "ride it out" right? Whenever i have deja vu, i've felt like i've experienced it more than once. The moment i mean. It resembles a memory, like i've thought about it over and over.

I've seen deja vu threads on /x/ before, but i'd like to start seeing it as a norm if we have lucid dreaming threads, so we can talk about experiences.

I know the brain can be fooled, but to have the memory already, that's something different.
>>
File: 1446443662293.jpg (142KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
1446443662293.jpg
142KB, 500x305px
>>17110917
>>17110927

Don't listen to >>17110923..

I dislike people who act like they are the fucking wellspring of knowledge.

It's a good theory Op, I've had a similar thought to this but these issues seem to be put down onto a list of esoteric and/or unknowable brain farts that then get disregarded for more "trendy" topics.

I've had moments where I see my life as a series of choices, sometimes when I get deja vu I get the feeling like I'm on the right path...if that makes any sense.

The worst case was shortly after an lsd trip I watched interstellar and all that "love is a connection"...and that in the end it was discovered we basically transcended time to go back and essentially help ourselves gave me major chills since that's how I see deja vu..

Even my thoughts on choices now are from a part of my consciousness that tells me these choice will have a future impact...be it my mind performing calculations and developing a 'possible' future scenario which I try to chase.

Or our life is truly spread across time and although we only witness the present, the true reality is one where they all exist and can manipulate eachother to develop itself beyond our understanding...Maybe it's a evolutionary trait.
>>
File: 0 (1).jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0 (1).jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>17110967
>Maybe it's a evolutionary trait
>tells me these choice will have a future impact
>when I get deja vu I get the feeling like I'm on the right path

This has to be it. But how did we get this? Whenever i have deja vu, i've tried to think of ways to break it, but now i fell i shouldn't. It's not like my life is being controlled, but set on the right path. I choose not to brake them anymore, but to see how much i can "remember".
>>
Alright, i'm signing off for today, but please keep this thread going. For some reason i know it'll help people to just get it out and off their chest, or to at least think of why this is a natural occurrence.
>>
>>17111000
>triple trips
i will definitely try the temple gesture thing, as i need to forget a lot of things that have happened lately. i dont want to have a deja vu experience recalling them though just to erase
>>
>>17110927
>i'd just like to have a group study on this
Then take the time to organize it. Don't just shout random mental visualizations and expect everyone to suddenly care and instantly report back all their findings. What you're doing is metacongitive social engineering, not science. Don't call it a study until you've put together a method for collecting and analyzing the data you're trying to create.
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 745x772px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 745x772px
this is interesting, and i will try this in my own way. not bad op!
>>
Perhaps you are correct, I too have experience this many times in my life. Though I usually see the event in a dream first, it isn't till the event is happening that I remember. Though unlike you, I only usually freeze up just to remember the dream..
>>
At least I'm not the only one.
>>
>>17112650
Question for whomever.
Did/do you actively seek travel of time?
or can you not remember how as you are just here in the past.
>>
>>17112675
I don't actively seek for dèja vu. Every episode I stop and look around, seeing things unravel and I get really scared for some reason. I can never remember how I originally got the dèja vu from
>>
I have moments where I distinctly remember having a dream and then living through that moment while awake.

For example, I awoke one time and recalled my dream. It was something simple, I was chatting online ( something I do often), but I distinctly remembered that I had found a song that a female requested.
I remembered that dream pretty vividly.
Fast forward a few months or even years and I lived that moment. As soon as the trigger happened (her requesting a song), I knew exactly how it would all play out from there.

This has happened several times now. It makes me feel like I have premonition, which is worrying because I've had some pretty terrible dreams as well.

Hmm.
>>
>>17110917
This is your consciousness organizing time in a non linear fashion. You dream the moments in your sleep and relive them when they occur linearly.
>>
Op here, glad to see this got a little attention while i was gone. Just to test it out for shits and giggles, i did my motion in reverse, to simulate "remembering something". Of course it didn't work at all, but i just wanted to test it out. It would be pretty funny if at some point it did happen though, full scenario. whatever.

>>17112675
I haven't until recently when i thought of the idea. We've always wondered about time travel, what if this is the actual way to do it? By memories? Memories we haven't experienced yet?

>>17112695
I don't think we should be scared of deja vu anymore. It's a natural occurrence, and i just want to see how to access it entirely. I feel like there is just one missing part to all of this, and if we put our minds to it, we could solve it. We're usually afraid of the unknown, but i say we shouldn't. The unknown isn't scary, it's just a mystery waiting to be solved.

>>17113071
>>17113181
I've been seeing people say they get most of their deja vu from dreams, but i don't, i experience it in real time, and it makes it feel like i've experienced it more than twice is the weird part. Full conversations. Full scenery changes. Thoughts. One thing i do know so far, is that if i have experienced it, it will happen 100% to the fullest detail no matter what. No braking (because i'm too enthralled with it).

My question is: Has ANYONE broken deja vu? and if so, why and how?
>>
>>17113658
If by break dejavu you mean alter the memory, then yes I have.
As I usually dream the event beforehand, sometimes years in advance. There have been times that I've remembered before the event of dejavu actually took place, these events were filmed and took place just as I said they would.
However because I knew the dejavu would happen I've refused to attend.

Why I do this? Because I've seen my death aswell, and if I can avoided the simple shit, perhaps I can also avoided the knife.
>>
File: 20130927_163235.jpg (215KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20130927_163235.jpg
215KB, 640x480px
>>17113658
I used to get deja vu all the time at work, (pre-alcoholism) but now it comes very infrequently. For fun I would break it by doing something completely random and different from what I felt would happen next. Can't really say if it had any effect on my life, though. More often now I just have moments, usually when people are talking to me, that I feel disconnected from reality all of the sudden. I'm just watching what's happening on a screen, but really I'm far away. Scared me at first but I'm getting used to it.
>>
You guys aren't talking about deja vu. The feeling of deja vu is just that: A feeling. When you have an actual vision of the future and it comes true, that's not deja vu. That's something else entirely. That is legitimate psychic precognition. Precognition isn't mean to be "broken" or relived; it's there to help you understand that time isn't linear. It's basically the universe giving you a chance to do as you please with acausal information.
>>
>>17113658
Are you retarded? I literally told you that you experience it linearly in time. You can't recall your dream state because you're probably a moron.
>>
I used to have deja vu like, I assume, most others do. These strange moments of familiarity would come over me, like a barely remembered dream. I couldn't really tell what was going to happen, but it was still very reminiscent of something. Even if I didn't know what. Then the accident happened.

Now any deja vu experience I have is much more intense and different than anything I've experienced before. The creeping familiarity is still there, only it doesn't simply fade away after a couple of seconds. The feeling becomes more and more intense by the second, drowning out reality, filling my thoughts and sensations with a ferocious insistence on what is/was/will happen. Sometimes it only lasts a couple seconds. But it's also lasted up to twenty minutes before. The longer it endures, the more vehement it becomes, making it more difficult to concentrate on anything else.

According to my Neurologists, it is a type of seizure. An entirely different animal than the more commonly known black-out, fall-down, and shake kind. I am entirely aware of the world around me while it is happening. Although blocking out the world tends to help lessen the severity, and can even help make the experience pass faster.

I don't know what my, or anyone else's deja vu experience truly is. After all, we all live our lives on delay as our brain tries to make sense out of the universe around it before it relays those senses to us. But OP was asking about deja vu, and I thought I'd add my experiences.
>>
>>17110917
Its to remind you you're exactly where you're supposed to be.
>>
>>17117292
Why avoid the knife? Its a losing battle
>>
>>17120057
Drowning slowly in my own blood as the hooded man stands above laughing knife in hand after he's slashed my throat, somehow doesn't not seem like the optimal way for me to die.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.