[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know a good source or forum to learn about the occult?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 440px-Beddenpan-bovenzijde.jpg (20KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
440px-Beddenpan-bovenzijde.jpg
20KB, 440x330px
Anyone know a good source or forum to learn about the occult?
>>
>>17098569

The better forums aren't free. What are you trying to learn?
>>
>>17098580
Knowledge and origins
>>
/o/.
>>
>>17098606
I see nothing here.
>>
>>17098595

Whose knowledge and whose origins? It's a big group.
>>
The white shroud sorrounding stuffs and people its real aura of just light reflection? I can "see" it by focusing my sight a little, red pill me please ;_;
>>
>>17098659

You'll know when you see it. I saw my actual aura once, not the shitty light effect but what comes after. They're two different things, one being a bright light that doesn't follow your hand and arm and the other being a solid swirl of transparent color, that moves with the limb.
>>
>>17098633
Magic and lucifer, the sun the moon the stars. Inspiration for me.
>>
>>17098734

Okay so astrology, lucifarianism, and what kind of magic? Hoodoo, Hermetics?

Ethnic Sorcery?
Vodou priest magic?
Wicca?

There's a huge amount of paths. As for astrology, I suggest renaissance astrology to get familiar, there's some free pages on there. The courses aren't cheap but valuable if you really are interested in it.
>>
>>17098707
I see it attached to bodies and stuff, it moves with things, it scares somethimes , i was 12-14 yrs old when it started because they where too fucking intense and bright, like 6cm sorrounding bodies, i've stopped to "see" them voluntary just to keep myself calm and becuase I'm always trying to seek a science-based solution, sorry for my bad english from advance
>>
>>17098802

It's cool, and it's not scary imo. Just need to be able to switch it on and off somehow. Maybe train it with a finger snap or when you close your eyes for 5 seconds to trigger that.

It'd take some work, though.
>>
>>17098756
I am not sure or familiar about the magic i am looking for but i do own Book 4 which talks about magick in theory and practice that involve yoga and mysticism. I got this book a month ago out of curiosity and fascination. Some of my favorite painters from the romanticism and gothic era had some knowledge about magic and paganism.. i want to follow a similar path.
>>
>>17098756
Also, a set of lyrics that i get a feel from are about lucifer and mention celestial bodies as if it ties in. I am interested in the astrological aspect of it as well. Where can i learn?
>>
>>17098834

Eh, if you're looking for renaissance magic, that's not too hard to find. The Legemeton, Lesser and Greater keys, stuff like that.

If you want modern practical magic read Jason Miller's books. They aren't as difficult to read and is a good starting point for someone unsure where to go at first. Hope you like meditation though.
>>
>>17098569
Why a beddenpan?
>>
>>17098864

Ah, Lucifer is connected to Venus. You might be thinking about Italian witchcraft and not a Satanism sect.

Lucifer in the renaissance books was generally a demon who one made pacts with at a crossroads at night after tearing a live rooster apart. So I don't know if those two are the same spirit or different facets of the same.
>>
>>17098826
Thank you so much, btw it is normal being able to "attach" that light?
To stuff or bodyparts and make figures out of it?
>>
>>17098872
It's funny that you mention the lemegeton because i am also fascinated by demon mythology, which i had no idea ties with renaissance magic.
>>
>>17098887
Lol it's unrelated, of course. I needed to post my thoughts swiftly, so i grabbed the first small image i had.
>>
>>17098892

Not for most. Do an experiment, attach one filled with good and healing thoughts/waves/whatever to a sick person, see if it helps them. Try a couple times, might be a natural healer.

But test what you can do, and know your limit.
>>
>>17098894

Every civilization and age had a list of demons, and ways to make them do what you wanted. Whether it was pacts or to gtfo, we had stuff for it.
>>
>>17098906
Phew ok, otherwise my gramps would be balls deep in the occult without me knowing lol
>>
>>17098872
>>17098569
Agrippa's Three Books on Occult Philosophy, if you want the whole deal of Renaissance magick.

If you want a book about old school magic that has a very well-informed and -written history of magic, get Joseph C. Lisiewski (Ph.D.) 's book Ceremonial Magic and the Power of Evocation. It's about spirit summoning, and that's not for everybody's tastes, but the intro that it provides on the history of magic and its evolution from ancient times is very interesting (and correct, from what I've studied myself).

People these days are generally very hung up on the Golden Dawn and its offshoots without really understanding the limitations (and mistakes) the GD made and have since been perpetuated. That said, there's still some useful stuff there that can work as a primer.
>>
>>17098915
So start with renaissance astrology?
>>
>>17098909
I tried it and it feels like if was pouring a mass of thick lukewarm viscous sustance from my hand, thank u so much
>>
>>17098922
Not sure if i want to get practical on evoking and such, but above all else i want the inspiration and knowledge
>>
>>17098925

I'd say so, for the astrology stuff, if you want authentic old time astrology. His courses are pricey, but he has free pages explaining planets, fixed stars, mansions of the moon.

Another business if you are interested in dark things and have money to spare is Wolf and Goat. I have a Goblin familiar from them who has been very helpful to me, and they do commissions, so if you find your path, have cash to spare and are extremely patient(they take a very long time to get finished, it's just those two and they have a couple thousand clients) they can hook you up. I think they still have a Mosquito Goblin up if you want a healing assistant, though.

Jason Miller is good for beginners. If you just want some basic structure and flesh it out or have it as a secondary practice to compliment your primary, his books are very good. I especially recommend the Financial Sorcery book, as it has a good mix of magic and mundane(money starts with not being stupid with it, after all)
>>
>>17098890
>>17098872
>>17098922
Thank you.
>>
>>17098937

Good luck, friend.

>>17098957

Inspiration and knowledge isn't hard to come by. In fact several demons in the Goetia can help with that, but you don't have to go through the old time ways if you don't want to, though it's still respectable if you can do so, especially if you decide to work with them within that philosophy.

If you wish to be more practical, try the demonic enns. I don't suggest doing this until you're more seasoned, and work with the friendlier ones first, please. Some don't like this method, and that's fine.
>>
>>17098569
This is a good starting point.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/
>>
>>17099258
Thank you, my friend.
>>
>>17098569
Here you go OP, a library for you to browse.
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!wdQDwJRS
>>
>>17098756
I'm not the person you were replying to, but is there a "best" place to start with Goetia? Like the Lesser Key of Solomon? Or something else? I have no experience with this yet.
>>
>>17101558

If you have absolutely no experience in Occultism whatsoever I wouldn't start with the Goetia, or any Grimoire for that matter.

If, however, you are just new to Goetia I highly recommend you spend as much time reading and studying as possible. Summoning Goetic Spirits can be dangerous and risky. Don't make the mistake of rushing in and doing your first operation as soon as possible.

Just read, read and read some more! If you have no Occult experience then certainly start with some simpler ritualistic work.
>>
>>17098569
crowley but if thats 2hard try bardon
>>
>>17098569
8ch net fringe
Lumineboreali net

These two sites have an abundance of information
>>
>>17101558
>>17103873

What he said. Start slow. I mean go ahead and read those books if you want, but you should really get into a system before dealing with them.

If you want to get into the occult start slow. Learn meditation. Read a bunch of books. The spirits will be there, waiting.
>>
>>17103873
>>17104194
Thank you for the feedback. I've been practicing meditation somewhat regularly for the past 14 years and I spent about two years with Wicca back when I was starting meditation, but decided it wasn't what I was looking for. I have some experience with core shamanism, but basically nothing at all with ritual/ceremonial magic like this. I'll absolutely start slow and with lots of reading. Thanks again.
>>
File: 1440098076824.png (3MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1440098076824.png
3MB, 1280x800px
>>17098569

Good intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1V98DsNXi0
>>
>>17098957
If you're into inspiration, check out Lon Milo DuQuette's books, which are rich with his personal experiences. My Life With The Spirits is especially nice for this.

It's always an interesting read when an actual magician talks about his or her personal experiences on the path.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.