[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urban legends and unsolved mysteries are cool and all, as long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: Village_1.jpg (29KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
Village_1.jpg
29KB, 300x229px
Urban legends and unsolved mysteries are cool and all, as long as they have some credibility.

I recently heard the story of Hoer-Verde, an alleged settlement in Brazil with 600 people that vanished in 1923. It is claimed all that was left was a shotgun and a writing on the school blackboard which read "There is no salvation outside the church" or something like that.

The legend theorizes that people abandoned the village because they were afraid of a "guerilla attack". That part got me sceptical so I decided look for more info on this and there is absolutely no result for this story or the name of the settlement being mentioned in any source in Portuguese. At this point I'm pretty sure it's a complete fabrication.

- there was no guerilla conflict in Brazil in 1923. The closest thing we had to guerilla warfare was in the 1970s and it never affected civilian settlements
- there was no civil war in Brazil at the time. A bloodless coup happened in 1930 and a small armed conflict happened in 1932 and lasted only 4 months but again, nothing that would result in civilian settlements being evacuated
- Hoer is Dutch for whore, who the fuck would name their village that?
- Again, zero mention of this story in any Portuguese source
- My mom told me it's a lie and I should stop using the internet

Do you know of any unsolved mystery which you just know was fabricated? The kid of shit that was never mentioned in a newspaper or anywhere relevant and probably came out of a blogger or 4channer's ass? Do share.
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
Bamp
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 320x320px
>>17093229
Bump
>>
Bumpe
>>
Being a European settler im Brazil during the 20s was prlly scary as fuck

Huge deadly bugs, prlly lots of predators, savage natives that believed in death gods.

Nah not for me.
>>
>>17093229
I recently began questioning the existence of the devil or whatever your wanna call it
>>
File: Untitled.png (33KB, 1154x245px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
33KB, 1154x245px
>>17093229
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Zodiac_Killer_letters
Just who is the Zodiac Killer?
>>
File: thats-kind-of-hot.png (83KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
thats-kind-of-hot.png
83KB, 255x200px
>>17093229
>My mom told me it's a lie and I should stop using the internet
>>
A school for students with ESP in Vanuatu, which is a group of islands in the South Pacific, disappeared completely, buildings and all. One of the students was gone at the time of the disappearance and when questioned about whether anything out of the ordinary was going on at the school, she replied that the teachers and some of the students were trying to build a time machine.
>>
>>17094742
Not at all.
At this time most natives are christianized or at least peaceful.

It was a good Investment after all, cause the land was free.
>>
Modern Day Cannibals:
>>>/pol/58687275
>>
How about North Sentinel Island near India. Indian government won't let anyone near it for a three mile radius because the people there are batfuck insane, shooting arrows at anyone who comes close, fucking on the beach in massive orgies, smashing up gifts (and live pigs. Fuckers don't even eat them.) left for them on the beach, save for a few aluminum trinkets (they haven't figured out metal in, like, 60,000 years.), and other crazy shit I can't remember. There's like, 50 or 100 of them, maybe more since nobody can take a fucking census for fear of getting all dead. The mystery? Why are they so fucking crazy? My theory is serious inbreeding.
>>
>>17093229
>there was no civil war in Brazil at the time
Brazilian guy here. Yes, there was a civil war ocurring between Sao Paulo and Minas Gerais.
Also, there was a military coup getting released.
>>
>>17097216
Interesting
>>
>>17097233
What about the cangaceiros? Wasnt that around those times. Also there were dutch piratas exploring the brazilian coast before the portuguese arrived
>>
File: 1444659400654.png (100KB, 281x211px) Image search: [Google]
1444659400654.png
100KB, 281x211px
>my mom told me it's a lie and I should stop using the internet

Finished strong, OP.
>>
>>17097233
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Brazil

The only conflict happening in 1923 was a mutiny which was suppressed. I think you live in a parallel universe.

And there was never a war between Minas Gerais and Sao Paulo.
>>
>>17097216
i'm about to read up on this now. the idea of there being humans totally oblivious to the rest of the world and its technology is so damn interesting.
>>
>>17097216
If you had an island to yourself (well your tribe I guess), with your own rules, culture, whatever... would you let other people there to ruin it? have you seen the movie "the beach".. kind of reminds me of that
>>
>>17093229
>Hoer-Verde
>Green Whore

Literally waiting to get fucked
>>
>>17097216
>Apart from the narrow original beach and the uplifted reefs, the island is densely covered by forest.
>On 26 January 2006, two fishermen were killed by Sentinelese when their boat drifted near the island.

spooky
>>
>>17099203
it gets better though. nobody is sure what the population is and nobody has been beyond the beach either. also the indian government has said there are no future plans to communicate with them again and that the entire area is an exclusion zone for all countries so nobody can contact.

i think its pretty cool actually, its like a nature preserve but for preserving primitive humans.
>>
>>17099442
Until a drought hits and they all die.
>>
>>17099442
The Brits almost wiped them out when they colonised the area. They have no immunity to things like flu, std's etc. So they're uber protective of their island.
>>
>>17093229
>- My mom told me it's a lie and I should stop using the internet
listen your mom, op
>>
File: Untitled.png (36KB, 971x138px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
36KB, 971x138px
>>17097216

Hadn't they shot someone with arrows, then shot at the fucking rescue helicopter that came to save the injured person too?

I'd fucking shit myself if I met them.
>>
>>17093229
What if they meant actual gorillas? Like swinging on branches, and planet of the apes'in niggas left and right all day long?
>>
>>17100966
This ones on to something.
>>
>>17093229
You know, Brazil is a fucking huge country. Finding one village located "somewhere" here is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Nevertheless, your story reminded me of another rumor/legend/thingy I read about some years ago, which was probably the closest the internet ever reached to make me lose my sleep. It was about a woman who supposedly appeared out of the blue in a village in the countryside of Minas Gerais; I don't recall exactly the date, or whether it was mentioned at all,, but I wanna say it was in the 70's (when, as many of you may know, those rural areas were pretty much civilized and not that far away from larger urban settlements). She couldn't speak, would spend most of her time crying, and her looks were comparable to those of a neanderthal (I distinctly remember there was mention of a strip of hair running down her back, like a horse's mane). What made me really paranoid about that particular case was that there were two pics with the article, and they looked pretty legit as far as I can tell.

It's a very obscure thing, though; if you try searching about it, all you'll find are a few reproductions of the exact same bits of text. I believe the original comes from the very peculiar site of Brazilian occult researcher Sérgio O. Russo, who used to write books on aliens and shit back in the 80's (I myself own a few). That particular article is titled "caso da mulher estranha" (literally "weird woman case"); if anyone has ANY information on that, I'd pay real money to hear about it.
>>
>>17104154
Brazil seems to be a weird place, my grandfather told me a crazy story about his time there working for the military, at least I think it was in Brazil. It involved tons of soldiers disappearing and weird shit. I'd greentext what I can remember but I'm on my phone and can't be bothered.
>>
File: mulher estranha.jpg (21KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
mulher estranha.jpg
21KB, 360x240px
>>17104154
Reverse google shows this image in a few Brazilian website with the same text. Very strange. Maybe it was scanned from an old book about roadside freakshows or something.
>>
>>17104706
Yeah, that's the case I was referring to. I'd love to find some new info on that.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 250x188px
>>17097216
>>17097455
For those interested, here's a pic of one of them trying to shoot down a helicopter. No one has been able to get better pictures of them because they are crazy ass niggas who are all out of fucks to give and will kill you on sight. They managed to kill some fisherman who got to close too the island and no one was able to get close enough to recover the bodies. I think gov has officially told people to stop fucking around near them and leave them be.
>>
>>17104515
The missing men were probably involuntarily selected for some kind of testing and then dropped of somewhere random or killed afterwards. Brazil is a crazy fucked up place, legit black government helicopters will just fly around and machine gun people. It's some 1984 level shit down there.
>>
anybody have any good documentaries on the black knight satellite
>>
>>17106426

fuck you
>>
>>17106340
Lol they also just start fucking randomly

"Quite a few discarded their weapons and gestured to us to throw the fish. The women came out of the shade to watch our antics... A few men came and picked up the fish. They appeared to be gratified, but there did not seem to be much softening to their hostile attitude... They all began shouting some incomprehensible words. We shouted back and gestured to indicate that we wanted to be friends. The tension did not ease. At this moment, a strange thing happened — a woman paired off with a warrior and sat on the sand in a passionate embrace. This act was being repeated by other women, each claiming a warrior for herself, a sort of community mating, as it were. Thus did the militant group diminish. This continued for quite some time and when the tempo of this frenzied dance of desire abated, the couples retired into the shade of the jungle. However, some warriors were still on guard. We got close to the shore and threw some more fish which were immediately retrieved by a few youngsters. It was well past noon and we headed back to the ship..." - some asshole who was there when they still tried making contact
>>
>>17093229
That story sounds exactly like the lost colony of Roanoke.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.