[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever been to Bergen, Norway? There's something not right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: bergen.jpg (374KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
bergen.jpg
374KB, 1536x1152px
Ever been to Bergen, Norway? There's something not right in the mountains there.

I went for a hike. I didn't know all of this at the time. I just felt like going up the mountain. I got past the tourist trails, and continued up. Wanted to get to the top. As I climbed, though, I got the impression that someone was watching me - or something. I'd catch glimpses of something, around human height, tall and thin, out of the corner of my eye. I'd turn to look, and... nothing. But I know there was something there.

They tell children that there are witches in the mountain, to stop them exploring. There's something hidden there. On the way up there's playful signs with things like 'don't let the witch see you' and 'better turn back now, before all hope is gone!'.

It'd be the perfect place to hide something, or do something and have nobody ever find out. Nobody would be going up there until the following summer.

I never did make it to the top. I got the creeps and turned back. I heard footsteps, off to the side of the path somewhere. I'd stop, and they'd momentarily stop too. Then when I started up again, they did too. I went back and forth a bit, and so did they. That was enough for me - something was stalking me.

The footsteps followed me further down than when I'd first heard them. I called 'hello?' but there was no response, only a faint echo of my own voice.

I cancelled the rest of my trip and flew home the same day.
>>
File: oh really.gif (996KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
oh really.gif
996KB, 500x375px
>I cancelled the rest of my trip and flew home the same day.
>>
>>17082980
I live in the UK. London is a short hop from Bergen.
>>
Ive actually been to norway a few times, even to Bergen.
Its fucking creepy there... especially the mountains.
I remember that one time we found the ruins of an old house just a few meters away from our holiday home, which was in the woods and didnt had any electricity.
The ruins were hidden behind some bushes and trees so you couldnt see them from our house, but you could see through the bushes if you were inside of the ruins, which was pretty creepy.
I found some old bullet shells inside the ruin (I later found out that it was from an K98, which was used in WWII).
The most terrifying thing was the skull of a cow, which was nailed to a tree next to the ruin and our house...

I actually took one of the bullet shells and the skull home and i can post a picture of them with a timestamp if you guys would like to see them.
>>
>>17083008
Yes pls
>>
norway is dark and creepy http://thefairytaletraveler.com/2014/10/30/haunted-places-in-norway/
>>
I know Bergen and Norway well, trust me when I say nothing paranormal is hiding in those woods, if something were anywhere it would be most likely in some of the huge uninhabited woodlands/mountains in the centre of the country.
>>
File: 20151214_232355.jpg (482KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20151214_232355.jpg
482KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>17082974
>I heard footsteps, off to the side of the path somewhere. I'd stop, and they'd momentarily stop too. Then when I started up again, they did too. I went back and forth a bit, and so did they.
It's almost like... it's common in the mountains.... for things to... echo! Crazy, I know. But extended space (not a walled in room), hard rock surfaces facing different directions and angles, and thin open air are excellent for making sounds seem delayed or weird. Amazing.
>>
>>17083008
>The most terrifying thing was the skull of a cow, which was nailed to a tree next to the ruin and our house...
Okay, I'm American, so maybe it's not as common there, but I see skulls, trophy kills, bones, and all sorts of other things frequently as decorations. Last time I visited family in the mountains of Wyoming, everyone and their mother had a skull nailed to something or some other decoration (practically every garage had a longhorn cow skull above it). Maybe some American motherfuckers were out that way? I don't know, but I would hardly think it would be the most terrifying thing. I'm sitting next to a small buck skull in my own apartment right now.
>>
>>17083115
Damn son. Some weird ritual there.
>>
>>17083119
> and thin open air are excellent for making sounds seem delayed or weird. Amazing.

Actually sound propagates poorly through thin air. The denser the medium the better the sound propagation. That's why submarines use sonar, sounds travels very well through relatively dense water.

Although fog, like in OP's picture, carries sound extremely well.
>>
>>17083115
Is that a boomerang?
>>
>>17083127
skullfag here, I wouldnt have thought it was scary if it was nailed to some "normal place" where you would put a hunting trophy, but it was just poorly nailed on some tree right before the entrance to the ruin. One thing i should have mentioned is that I went to this location a few times and the skull wasnt always there. The first time i stayed at this house I noticed the ruins after taking a walk in the woods, but there was no skull there. I found it a year later when I stayed at that house again.

Well, most likely there is nothing even slightly paranormal about the ruins and the skull, but its fun to imagine stuff like that.
>>
>>17083164
nope, its the stand of my monitor
>>
>>17083189
That is a good monitor
>>
piss off autistic shitfag go play make believe on reddit or suck your mother shlong
>>
>>17083319
thanks alot
>>
>>17083008
>I took the bullet with me
Good luck having bullets in your luggage while trying to pass airports security.
>>
>>17083150
You misinterpreted what I said; take in the full sentence. I said excellent at making sounds seem weird or delayed (meaning muddled or inefficiently propagated). Not that open air makes sound seem clear and normal (through good sound propagation). And since hiking in mountains that are foggy is considered particularly dangerous, I assumed OP was in a more open-air situation where noises bounce of multi-faceted rocks and surfaces and seems weird.

>>17083183
I would suspect a hunter or hiker/camper found it and wanted to keep it. He hung it up high so animals couldn't reach it and gnaw on it. If it wasn't for display, then it was simply most likely for safe keeping. And he just never came back and grabbed it because he was taken by witches.
>>
PROOF THAT CANOES ARE SIGNAL INTERCEPTORS.
>>
>>17083338
My family and I traveled there by car
>>
when I was on a hike close to Trondheim I once discovered a mirror nailed to a tree with a candle holder infront of it in the woods. Got some weird shills and left
>>
>>17082974
Probably Forsworn
>>
Maybe it was only the gods watching you.

Hail, brother.
>>
File: Gaahl.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gaahl.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>17082974
>no mention of Gaahl

Get your shit together /x/
>>
>>17082974
I live in Bergen. You are a pussy, theres nothing there. As for the cow head; it means nothing.
>>
Was there last summer, all I saw was yachts. Eastern European hookers, and spoopily high beer prices.
Tried to take train to Oslo from here, train broke down, saw some tart singing at a waterfall, went to investigate and hit my head on a rock.
I got mad at the conductor and said that Trains never break down in Sweden because they are way better, he got so mad he got some charter buses to pick us up and we somehow made it to Oslo faster than the train was originally scheduled to arrive.... I ain't never seen that shit before!
>>
>>17083585
kek
>>
>>17084333
Jesus, I don't know why but this had me laughing out loud.
>>
>>17083115
Thats a sheep skull, man
>>
Wow, this thread is fucking shit
>>
>>17083585
..............................................................................................................satan
>>
Hiked over Besseggen last year. It's a solid 8 hour walk but due to having a slow ass motherfucker in our group we didn't reach the end of the trail, where there's an inn and a small harbor, until nightfall.
By the time the sun began to fall beyond the mountains I had really started to tire of our slow pace and ran ahead of the others. This was mostly so that I could find myself a nice rock to sit on and relax weary legs. By the time a got to a lookout point where I clearly could see the harbor I plunked myself down to rest and take in the view. As I sat there gazing out into nowhere I gradually became aware of a figure in the far distance. I could barely make it out as a bipedal, but I'm pretty certain it was a human. The person was on his/her way towards the harbor at a running pace. There wasn't really that much too it to that other than the fact that the person had ended up on the complete opposite side of the trail. That in itself I guess isn't that strange as there are probably other unmarked trails to reach the final destination.
Two creatures ran behind the person, I was almost certain it was his/hers dogs until they lounged at the person. He/she picked up the pace but I believe fell on something. The dogs(wolves?) descended upon the person and from my viewpoint it only seemed like they jumped a little back and forth, but it was so far away that I couldn't really make out what was going on. It freaked me out a bit but as I said I don't know what really happened down there.
>>
>>17082974
Some black metal band trying to record and you interrupted.
>>
>>17083634
Nice try, witch.
>>
>>17083127
I live in Wyoming, it's true. All the "Cowboy" hicks have a fetish for animal skulls.
>>
I didn't realize we got /x/ excess threads now.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 218x218px
ghost of euronymous
>>
>>17083471
what did they try to sell you?
>>
>>17083319
Do you dumbshits actually believe any of the shit on this board is real?
>>
>>17089030
this
>>
>>17082984
... only for those without a working knowledge of geography.
>>
>>17083115
Yup, looks like KK98. And i wouldn't overrate the skull, you nail it to a tree so insects and ants take care of the cleaning for you.
>>
>>17082984
>airplane/boat trip is a short hop
>>
I'm from Bergen Norway, though i don't live there now

I did read that last spring there rained worms from the mountains though

Also, none of the people of Bergen actually believe there's anything in the mountains there, that's just dumb
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.