[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was reading about true names and how they grant you power over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1566.large[1].jpg (16KB, 443x267px) Image search: [Google]
1566.large[1].jpg
16KB, 443x267px
I was reading about true names and how they grant you power over the person or object, I have a question about my own, is my true name the one on my birth certificate, or the one I was baptized with?
>>
>>17070429
Did you just read Eragon?
>>
>>17070446
no
>>
>>17070452
shit Anon, you rly did ?
>>
>>17070456
I'd say it was pretty good overall!
General eragon thread.
What does /x/ think of this book?
>>
>>17070476
terrible, though not quite as bad as the cunting film adaptation
fuck them both
>>
I think it was one of the best fantasies of the modern age.. considering it was written by a kid.. the movie sucked. had nothing to do with the book except the names
>>
The movie was abysmal and did the book a disservice. The subject matter was far too easy to spin into generic bullshit, so that's what they did.
>>
The True name of an Entity is their Sumerian name.

For example, Isis is the Goddess in Egypt, her Babylonian name is Ishtar, in Rome she was Venus and the greeks know her as Aphrodite but her Sumerian name her First name is Inanna.
>>
>>17070816

Stay on topic please, thank you.
>>
File: OP.png (88KB, 443x267px) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
88KB, 443x267px
hmmm ok
>>
synchronicity as FUCK I was just thinking about this stupid book

the last book felt like walking through a marsh trying to finish after waiting so long
>>
>>17071386
is this a south park joke?
>>
>>17070429

I like the belief that your true name is given to you on a vision quest. They used to do that at a young age but if you haven't already had one it could still be revealed to you. Just gotta go out in the wilderness by yourself for long enough that nature speaks to you. Maybe a certain animal will come by you and interact with you and you'll have a gut feeling
>this is my name
or you'll have some other thought that will reveal itself to you and it will just feel right.
You can then disregard your birth name if you want, as it was just temporary. And nobody can argue with you about your new name, once it's been given to you by creation itself it's yours and nobody can take it from you. You can't always force them to address you by that name though. But you will always know it's yours.
>>
you are not your name so no name is true
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.