[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>my birthday >get a deck of tarot cards as a joke gift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (117KB, 1024x758px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 1024x758px
>my birthday
>get a deck of tarot cards as a joke gift from my wife
>we're planning to take a hike the next day
>I shuffle the cards and flip over the top
>death
>I reassure her that they're just cards and nothing bad will happen on our hike
>the next morning she gets a call and her mother wrapper her car around a tree
>we get to the hospital just in time to watch her die

do the cards predict what is going to happen or do they design the future? or is it just a coincidence?

I still have the cards and haven't touched them since that night. I also haven't reminded my wife about pulling the death card.
>>
>>17060266
it's not connected at all.
our brain just likes to find connections, this has helped humanity a lot but it has also confused humanity a lot.

dont worry dude women just tend to be paranoia because they're weak
>>
>>17060266
people are always afraid of this card but death does not usually signify actual physical death in the tarot.

it is more metaphorical, and often comes up in terms of endings (either relationships, phases of life) or transformations (death of your old perspective, death of your illusions) leading to a new way of life.

of course, this could apply to an actual death (physical death will lead to the end of a relationship) but it comes up all the time and rarely coincides with someone actually dying.

tarot cards DEFINITELY do not design the future, and in my experience they don't even work well for predicting the future (though some will argue against that). neither of you have any responsibility there.

if you choose to believe, then the card makes sense in terms of a prediction, assuming that your wife experienced significant life changes as a result of her mother's death. if you choose not to believe, it's just a coincidence. either way, don't worry about it and if they make you feel uncomfortable, just throw them out.
>>
>>17060307
>dont worry dude women just tend to be paranoia because they're weak
he's the one who's stressing about it, genius, not his wife.
>>
>>17060307
>>17060330
She would definitely be stressed about it, if I did remind her of what happened. I don't believe in the power of the cards, it's just such a sad coincidence.
If I hadn't pulled the card, maybe the molecules would have shifted in such a way that the ice on the road didn't send her car rolling into a ditch. But, that's a stupid way to think. I could have held my farts in and had the same effect.
>>
>>17060266
I don't remember Anthony's chin being that big
>>
>>17060402
This picture is notorious for making him look worse than he ever has anywhere else. The only real paranormal phenomenon here.
>>
File: hello-kitty-tarot-death1.jpg (61KB, 250x377px) Image search: [Google]
hello-kitty-tarot-death1.jpg
61KB, 250x377px
>I shuffle the cards and flip over the top
>death

Zero understanding of the cards level fake story

Not to mention the ol' One day before out of the blue the deck shows up and just for laughs we look at one card and only one card idea... sheesh.
>>
>>17060419
huh?
Like I said, the cards were given to me as a joke. I have "zero understanding of the cards" because... magical cards with fortune telling powers don't exist? And it was just a lark.
>>
>>17060266
Death is a card that's supposed to signify a change in your life, it's definitely not the worst you can get, and can actually be good sometimes.

People outside of /div/ will just tell you that tarot is irrelevant mumbo jumbo, but it can be pretty fun, and somewhat useful & reassuring.
>>
>>17060424
i don't understand why you posted the thread if you're already aware of this, to be quite honest.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.