[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the only source on the Bible's voracity, the Bible itself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: gg face.jpg (22KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
gg face.jpg
22KB, 500x454px
Is the only source on the Bible's voracity, the Bible itself?

Do you see a problem there?

How can you cling to any religion beyond blind faith
>>
Good thread, faggot. Was that your first philosophical thought?
>>
>>17052450
could Pascal's wager apply to dick sucking?

like, if you don't suck 30 dicks by the time you die, you go to hell?

How could you ever know whether or not it's true
>>
>>17052433
>[citation needed]
Quran..
>>
>>17052433
Certain parts of the Bible are well-attested in archaeology, as well as in other contemporary historical sources.

To say nothing of comparative mythology and the Old Testament's obvious roots in the older traditions of Mesopotamia.
>>
http://www.thenewsindependent.com/7036-2/7036/

???
>>
>>17052433
Because Christians (as well as Jews and Muslims) are not taught critical thinking skills or the inherent flaws of logical fallacies, so to them, the method of circular reasoning seems like it's verification. When confronted with the fact that their reasoning could be applied to anything you could imagine (flying spaghetti monster, unicorns,bridge sellers, etc), they deflect and ignore it.

To top it off, when cornered on the flaws of their "reasoning", that default to "because I have faith". They are told over and over that faith is good, that it is important, and that it is all that matters. The poor bastards never had anyone to tell them that faith is just gullibility.
>>
>>17052454
Why don't you kill yourself to find out, faggot.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>17054182
>>
>>17054213
>telling the truth is considered edgy
Sure kid, sure. In the morning when you get to school, I advise a little time with a dictionary.
>>
File: 1441767305718.jpg (46KB, 764x706px) Image search: [Google]
1441767305718.jpg
46KB, 764x706px
I love the bible, it's my favorite fairytale
>>
>voracity

how's middle school treating ya
>>
>>17054172
something tells me you include the great flood in there
>>
>>17054392
h-how did you know?
>>
The Source of the hebrew bible that became the OT is the Sumerian Tablets.

Judaism is directly derived from the mythology of the old world known as Mesopotamia.

This is Panbabylonism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panbabylonism

If you read the Sumerian text which are Older then the OT you can see for yourself how similar they in fact are.

Clearly the jews took their religion from worship of the Anunna gods, the old pagan pantheon.

The Elohim are the Anunnaki.
>>
>>17054172
Who here, besides me, has ACTUALLY been to the Mesopotamia region, seen the sights, smelled the smells, ate the food. I've been there twice, if you haven't, it seems you're getting your opinions from the History Channel........
>>
>>17054172
Cite sources. I don't often say that, I can do my own research, but I'm trying to make a point that credible sources tend to say that locations in the bible do exist, most of them do so obviously, but evidence of the details in the bible isn't really there. Yeah, the Hebrews left Egypt, but there's no evidence of Moses or his miracles. The fertile crescent flooded many times, but there's no evidence of Noah or his ark. There's evidence of where jesus was crucified because that's where criminals were actually crucified, but no evidence of jesus or his miracles. A few people with similar names who led different sects of Judaism existed, and numerous dupesters claimed to be the messiah during that period of history.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.