[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody here had a near death experience? If so, what happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

Has anybody here had a near death experience? If so, what happened? Did you see or hear anything? I'll start. INB4 "op is an idiot"
>be 15
>buy skittles bubble gum
>start to chew some
>keep popping them in my mouth like pills until there's none in the pack. Easy 50 pieces in my mouth
>can barely chew because mouth is so full
>i guess i swallowed some idk. started to choke like a little bitch
>run down street trying to find somebody, collapse/passout
>see nothing, but hear loud high pitch screaching and a deep throbbing noise.. Like a cackle through somebody s throat
>wake up to medicine man (paramedic) giving cpr
>tells me i was legally dead for 2 minutes
> what was that cackling? Was it just my dead mind giving me one "last" spook
>>
I sort of had one, didn't really have a full-blown experience but I think it counts.

I was really sick and felt like I was going to die for sure. I felt like if I was going to fall asleep I would die but I was really tired and just kind of gave up. When I fell asleep I "saw" blackness and through that blackness was a tiny glimpse of a forest with sunlight and a stream running through it. I called out "Are you going to kill me?" and a voice said "No, but I'm going to open this door." And right then my dad burst through the door and woke me up, and he sort of was confused as to why he came in my room.
>>
>>17044802
Something like this happened to me, i had a really bad fever and i was watching tv, i blinked and i was in a foreign room, nothing in it and no door. So i started screaming "i don't want to die" only to be shaken i to "reality" by my mom and her saying "wtf happened, you're not going to die you were asleep.". The mind hallucinates when you have a high fever bro
>>
>>17044787
I almost drowned in a pool when I was like 6 or 7
I just remember terror, panic and then just kinda numb
Light danced around in the water, and everything was slow
Another kid pulled me out, and I wish I could thank him cause I never saw him again after that
Also fuck the lifeguard for not helping me, idk wtf he was doing
>>
>>17044787
I saw my cousin get hit my car in a dream then my mom woke me up and told my cousin got ran over and killed
Probably a coincidence but it was fuckin weird
>>
I fell off a 60 foot bridge, what I experienced during the fall was simular to DMT.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 236x279px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 236x279px
there was a moment - not sure even now what exactly but i believe i had an aneurysm, threw up blood, headache felt like literal death. very very stupid and self inflicted, too embarrassed to share why but it was years coming. my heart was beating very fast. i swore to whoever was listening that i would value my life and do better if i would just make it through the night. i was so afraid i would not wake up the next morning. i went outside and looked at the stars. i know my absolute best friend in the world was praying for me in that period of time, he's the kind of person who takes that stuff very seriously, and we weren't talking then because i was being a shithead but i had this undeniable flash of knowledge that i would not have lasted through the night had it not been for his steady prayers

a weird aside - i was smoking outside watching the stars from the same place where i had been watching the sky on that aforementioned night. i had a strong thought of said friend and got chills, saw some very weird lights and trippy visuals in the distant hills all at once. yeah i was high but it was very abnormal for me and it unsettled me so i went inside and played the piano furiously and it just so happened i received a text at that time from my friend, we had not talked in a year and the timing was just so weird. friendship is better now. not really what op had in mind maybe but i am convinced now that prayers save lives, that we are intimately connected to each other through thoughts and notions and feels, and i am convinced i would not have awoken the next morning had he not been praying for me on the regsies. thanks for listening.
>>
>>17046418
How does one fall off a 60 foot bridge?
How does one survive a 60 foot fall?
>details necessary please
>>
>>17046444
State what you did to self inflict this, please. This is completely anonymous, therefore embarrassment is impossible.

You need to share with your friend what happened. He'd love to hear it. I hope you are good to him for always being good to you, even when you didn't deserve it.
>>
>>17044802
Hallucinations happen A LOT when you have a high fever
>>
File: desire to know more.jpg (231KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
desire to know more.jpg
231KB, 627x502px
>>17044787
>be 12
>be swimming in Spain.
>get caught in strong current
>trying to get out
>it's useless.
>instincts take over to just let go and stop resisting. It'll be over soon.
>burning. So much burning in my lungs and throat
>vision fades to blackness
>throbbing noises. Maybe heartbeat?
>then silence and calmness
>Vision returns in wooded area that looks like the forest in LOTR. All gold and beautiful only at dusk rather than daytime.
>can hear people chanting or singing and distant laughing.
>lots of people moving through the trees heading in one direction to a great white light.
>stand there frozen and dazed
>Suddenly lots of shouting in a language I don't know. I can sense people watching me curious perhaps.
>Hand grabs me from behind
>Can't move around. Completely frozen
>"Too soon. Much too soon. Go now" strange accent. Alsmo surreal and calming at the same time.
>Feel strange the panic returns. Completely stiff standing in this clearing of trees.
>"Stop resisting! Go now. Return. Your time hasn't come" hand lets go and I run away backwards seeing more and more people just walking to the light that is now behind me.
>Suddenly darkness again and I wake up to blinding light and a barrage of noise and shouting.
>Start coughing water. Looking into the innocent light brown eyes of a true qt spanish lifeguard.
>Be me now 13 years later and still remember it so vividly.

Made me a believer.
>>
This should be of interest to everyone here

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150303-what-its-really-like-to-die

7 themes of near death experiences recorded by researchers.

>Fear
>Seeing animals or plants
>Bright light
>Violence and persecution
>Deja-vu
>Seeing family
>Recalling events post-cardiac arrest
>>
>>17046329

This happened to me too, only difference was it was a beach.
>>
>>17046444
>thanks for listening
Nice. Thanks for posting.
>>
>>17046611
The forest scene is interesting because this old lady I used to know officially died for a few minutes after a stroke or something but was revived. Anyway, she claimed she saw flowers everywhere. It apparently was so vivid she no longer fears death.
>>
>>17044787
I had something like that OP

Back when I was a small child (6,7 years), I had a bad case of measles. Bed ridden on the hospital bed for days, I had a strange feeling one night. I felt really calm and there was a high pitched sound in the room. The whole world seemed shaking at the moment. Not sure whether it was a dream or maybe even sleep paralysis , but it felt so real
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
>>17046483
and yet i still feel ashamed D: but i will indulge. self induced vomiting on a semi regular basis repeated for a number of years. disgusting i know. have chest pains quite often, constant reminder to be good or else. wish i had never started, hard to quit, shameful to bring up.

he is making a found footage time travel horror movie and i am honored to be helping him out, gonna be illustrating a prop journal with all sorts of sigils and ayy lmaos and hollow earth things and it's 100% /x/

sometimes we share dreams and thoughts and i just think we would have fallen into the void without each other, it's my time to return the favor i think

we actually hung out today for the first time in a year, i am wanting more than anything to be a better friend, he's my only one haha and i intend to do better. he deserves someone better but unfortunately he's got me so i will do what i can. and i think you are right, he would feel good if he knew his prayers were heeded, i'm so ashamed of myself but things are better now and no need to live in fear of the past i guess
>>
friend had an NDE and saw a spirit in a gold robe who called him "howard phillips lovecraft."

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
>>
Several drowning near deaths posted, similar to the expected response.

If held underwater, brain will eventually force you to inhale, thereby allowing the inhalation of water into your lungs. If you've ever had a sip of water go down the wrong tube, you will know this is a very painful process.

But as you take more breaths, it's like the body realizes it's fate and begins releasing large quantities of endorphines. This causes a natural "high", and allows the person a few final moments of peace before unconsciousness.

So a bit of both extremes here, though I personally am scared to death of drowning.
>>
This thread almost had a near-death experience, but I bumped it back to life. True story.
>>
>>17050636
*sigh of relief*
>>
Not sure if this counts, but what the hell. As a kid I had this syndrome that made me like allergic to sudden temperature changes. This was how I got diagnosed.

I was like 4 and at the beach with my family. It was just after lunch and I was playing with some other kid, barely in the water. I start feeling weird - not in pain, just wrong. I tell mom, we blame it on the food and deduce it will disappear eventually, so we resume playing.
The feeling worsens very quickly, my vision starts getting blurry and I start having hallucinations. I distinctly remember looking into the horizon and seeing the Disneyland castle. My vision gets worse to the point I can only make out indistinct and elongated shapes (now I'd compare them to El Greco's figures), no color, everything is in just tones of grey and black. Everything fades to black and I pass out.

Aparently my mom grabbed me and took me out of there. When I woke I was lying on my back on somewhere hard, the sun shining on my face.

Turns out I had gone into anaphylatic shock, and my condition was then determined. I recuperated but had to take medicine and stay away from pools and beaches all throughout my childhood.

The most distinct part about these episodes were the visions. I would start by seing everything blurry, wink, and then I could only see dark elongated shapes moving in front of me. These shapes would get really shaky and eventually I wouldn't to keep my eyes open any longer, and sooner or later pass out.
>>
>>17046418
>>17046479
yeah, details are necessary because this isn't something you survive without significant injury, if at all.
>>
>>17044787
Totally thought this was going to be a Trayvon Martin dinosaur post
>>
>>17050775
That's weird as fuck, man. Does this condition have a name?
>>
>>17050904
yes. google it like everyone else.
>>
>>17050904
I really don't know. If we were given a name at the time we forgot. I've tried google too, and it came up with nothing.
>>
>>17050907
See >>17051008 and then go fornicate yourself with a giant cactus.
>>
>>17051322
you didn't have cyanide poisoning if you just took a b12 pill and survived. the rest of your post reeks of bullshit as well.
>>
>>17051357
it didn't almost kill you unless you were allergic to apricots. a single apricot kernel has nowhere near enough cyanide to make someone sick, much less kill them.

and like i said, taking a B12 vitamin wouldn't save you if it was really cyanide poisoning.
>>
>>17051383
Yeah whatever, maybe I didn't actually have cyanide poisoning, deleted my stupid posts desu, but I did feel horrible and as I described.
>>
>>17046632
If I had a kind of that I'd probably have the seeing family one, they were and are one of the most things I appreciate
>>
>>17050636
Again!
>>
Full blown AIDs
>die

speaking from beyond the grave
>>
I was 16, out late with my mom around about 1am and on the way back home. Got in a car wreck. We were crossing a highway, the person that hit us t-boned us at 55mph after failing to see the red light. I felt nothing, I had no idea what had happened but everything was dark but I still felt conscious. I was talking to myself or thinking to myself and starting to get extremely anxious, "Were we in a wreck?" I thought it was to myself, until I heard a voice whisper back, "No, you just fell asleep." instantly calmed me, no accent distinctly female. Don't know how much later it was, felt like an instant that I woke up a little to see a man, not an EMT, just a passerby or fellow driver trying to see if I was okay and fell back unconscious until I got to the hospital.

I believed for a while... Now I am 25 and agnostic again, wishing something else would make me believe.
>>
this will make something long (2 post)

[ESP]

Cuando yo tenía 9 años sufrí un infarto al miocardio en mi casa (todavía recuerdo a mi hermana gritando por ayuda).

Estuve "muerto" alrededor por 15 min

(lo que yo recuerdo)
Estaba jugando cerca de un mueble cuando mi brazo izquierdo se entumeció, llorando, le dije a mi madre y a mi hermana que estaban ahí que no podía mover mi brazo, ellas creyeron que no era nada pero, perdí el conocimiento. no sentía ni veía nada, lo ultimo que escuche fue a mi hermana

(esta parte la recuerdo como si estuviera en blanco y negro) recuerdo que estaba sentado en un auto en los asientos de tras, mirándome
recostado, luego me trate de mirar por la ventana del carro, sentí un golpe en la cabeza

(después de eso todo fue "normal") como si estuviera "volando" entre en una clínica para observarme y "entrar" dentro de mi cuerpo y reaccionar, después de eso me llevaron a un hospital....

(lo que me contaron)
después de desfallecer, mi hermana salió a pedir ayuda a mis tíos quienes vivían a lado, me hicieron RCP, salieron a la calle y pidieron ayuda a una persona que pasaba con un carro para que me llevara a una clínica cercana. me pusieron en los asientos de atrás.
>>
>>17053807
[EN]
When I was 9 years old he suffered a heart attack at home (I still remember my sister yelling for help).

I was "dead" about 15 min

(I remember)
He was playing near a cabinet when my left arm went numb, crying, I told my mother and sister who were there that I could not move my arm, they crelleron it was nothing but lost consciousness. did not feel or see anything, the last thing I heard was my sister

(This part I remember it as if it were in black and white) I remember I was sitting in a car seat after, looking
lying, then I try to look out the car window, I felt a blow to the head

(After that everything was "normal") as if "flying" into a clinic to watch me and "enter" into my body and react, after that took me to a hostipal ....

(what they told me)
after falter, my sister went to seek help from my uncles who lived side, made me CPRcame out to the street and asked for help from a passer with a car to take me to a nearby clinic. I was put in the back seat.
>>
>>17053809
sorry for the Google translation
>>
>>17046444
I like you a lot.
>>
>>17053814

Thanks for posting and translating your story. Im interested in part 2
>>
File: don't_404.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
don't_404.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>>
>>17046611
I hope this isnt bullshit.
Because that is one of the most fascinating and beautiful stories of a NDE. Thank you Anon <3
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.