[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the explanation behind people being able to sense the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: scary-grudge-2.jpg (155KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
scary-grudge-2.jpg
155KB, 1200x797px
What is the explanation behind people being able to sense the presence of someone or something paranormal when they can't see it?

Should we trust these senses? When I feel like I'm being watched and look around and find nothing I try to reassure myself by saying its just my head playing tricks on me, but I believe this sensation is occurring for a reason.
>>
I believe its bullshit for the most part and all psychology. Its not a sense, but a feeling.

When I close the lights outside and end up running into my room its because I have a scary thought. If my mind was distracted with something else, then I'd casually walk. Having that sensation doesn't mean you're right. Your body just picks up on clues on what seems creepy. You could be in an abandoned building with nobody actually being there and still feel like you're being watched because of the atmosphere.
>>
>>17043738
Since there could be multiple explanations for this feeling, I won't comment on any of them.
>>
Light an incense stick and go to the other side of the room, hold your breath and don't move. Make sure the door is shut and there are no vents or fans on, and if you sit there truly completely still eventually the smoke will travel in a straight line, move breath or even think too hard and it's waves again, does that help?
>>
>>17044287
.... you dick.

If you know something say something.
On that note I remember Vsauce saying humans have more than the elementry school-esque 5 senses. We have around 20 something and one of them may be spacial detection, as in feeling the air shift in a manner to indicate something has entered into our presence (two put it into 2d terms, waves ontop of a lake from a rock entering the water)
>>
>>17043738
Whenever I peek through my window at deer eating in my yard, they instantly look around and know they're being watched. They go from relaxed to fully alert as soon as you decide to "watch" them. If you just glance at them and go about your business, they don't care. But as soon as you fixate your gaze, they get uneasy as fuck.
>>
>>17044640
That is creepy as fuck
>>
>>17044626
Not him but yeah if you feel the air shifting thats one of our 5 senses. And if you interpret that as say the presence of something whether its subconscious or not thats just your brain contemplating the feeling. How does this indicate a sense like "spacial detection"?
>>
>>17044640
I feel as though I'd be like that too if humans hunted the shit out of my species, at least at this point there just naturally sensitive to shit. Like when your hunting and you step on a leaf and they hear that shit from incredibly far distances and nope the fuck out.
>>
body recognizes changes in temperature or electric vibration
>>
Well, coming from a tulpa fag whose working on imposition (I know I'm cancer, at least mine isn't a god damn pony), even though I can't see him, it feels like he's sitting here next to me. It's like when your friend stands behind you: you can't see him, but you feel like someone is there. That same feeling can be applied to being next to you, in front of you, etc. So it's mostly all psychological bullshit since there's increasingly little evidence that supports the existence of the paranormal.
>>
>>17045953
I guess the question is then, are we sensitive to something as well?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.