[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I get a negative feeling from Christianity? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 49

File: image.jpg (6KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 125x121px
Why do I get a negative feeling from Christianity?

It seems evil to me. Full of lies and fabrications.

Also, isn't it true that when you say "Amen" your actually blessing and Egyptian God?
>>
>your actually blessing and Egyptian God

Millennials; writing like retards for over a decade.
>>
>>17035971

>autocorrect

Calm down
>>
>>17035979

But the fact you can't proofread what you wrote since you have no idea what is even wrong is pathetic.
>>
Ya some believe amen is a derivative of the name of the Egyptian god Amun

>>17035971
This is what you contribute? Why even bother?
Fucking kill yourself, please
>>
>>17035987
It is pathetic you are this invested into OPs grammar, even though it was clearly an autocorrect issue
I repeat, fucking kill yourself
>>
>>17035987

Calm down sperglord it's 4chan, you're not writing your college professor
>>
OP here let me please this annoying cum stain..>>17035987
YOU'RE*

AN*

Happy now!?

God you're worse than the kids on AIM in 1999
>>
>>17035961
i think that man has a love affair with categorization (i think God showed me this) and man also has the fear of giving self-control to God. it is how He created us. our life is infinite, and not all things are as they appear (to OP)

"Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."
>>
Christianity and most other religions have been twisted and distorted for centuries. It is the most popular religion in first world nations, and of course a bi-product of that is it being used as a tool to do horrible things. If Hinduism, Buddhism, Tengri, or even Satanism were most popular in the U.S. or Europe and had the same extremely distorted backgrounds (which they do, but none of the most powerful people on earth subscribe to them. Well more appropriately, pretend to subscribe to them) you'd get the same feels.

The issue is not the religion itself. Jesus' teachings held just as much water as Buddha, the Druids, Horus, Dionysus, and even Hermes (Not the god, the human who eventually became known as the god).

The issue is that it has it's origins in being the most popular religion in the right places at the right times. Or wrong times, depending on how you see it. Modern Christianity however is not Christ according to Christ. It is Christ according to Paul. And Paul was HATED by Jesus' brother James, who was trying to spread the teachings as well. But not in the way Paul did. Paul sort of started off the fucking up of Christianity by selling it to people as the grand ol' "ALL YOU NEED IS FAITH AND YOU ARE FORGIVEN", Which Jesus and James, and many other apostles did not agree with.

So really, you get bad feels from the people involved in Christianity. Not Christ himself. Or God per se.

And I'm not a christfag either, I just understand (or think I understand) that every religion tried to teach the same stuff, by mythology and symbolism. But over time people distorted the symbols and myths and made them into things they were not.

So is Modern Christianity evil? No. But the people in charge of it very well may be (The Vatican, politicians using it to push agendas, Westboro Baptist. Etc.)

It's basically just full of ignorance when it comes to common people, and the guys on top sort of use them as puppets. Rant over.
>>
>>17035961
i believe it was the book of the 5 rings which said It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.
>>
>>17036060
i disagree that all religions teach the same stuff. there is ignorance in the world but there is not ignorance with God
>>
>>17036072
If you look at Jesus' words, and exactly what he talked about and compare it to many, many other figures before him, they are pretty close to the same stuff. The issue is finding out what is actually fact, and the rest just bullshit.

And there is plenty of ignorance with god. That is why most of his followers today are well...ignorant. And they know no better, because they were taught wrongly. And have been for nearly 1000 years.
>>
File: wtfruwarinaviatorsindoorfor.png (200KB, 539x460px) Image search: [Google]
wtfruwarinaviatorsindoorfor.png
200KB, 539x460px
>>17036060
interesting, so if the faith thing saving you is bullshit, can you sum up what jesus and james thought the real way was? for someone who doesn't know about this james shit.
>>
>>17036080
here are some of Jesus's words

Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
"I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me."
----
here is what the religion of judaism says about Jesus, before Jesus was born....

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."
>>
as far as all religions being the same thing, i think the truth is that the devil conceals himself and his teachings as those of an angel of light
>>
>>17036080
Truth
>>
>>17036117
>>17036060
what is the underlying message? what's the correct thing to do? is it just love everyone and be nice or is it being a priest? what was jesus saying was the way to god?
>>
>>17035961
i find jesus' words and a lot of new testament writing very psychedelic & thought-provoking. the "evil" youre sensing is probably the hollow, basic beliefs and practices of fundamentalists. wouldn't call it evil though, just cultured ignorance.
>>
File: The Way.jpg (194KB, 585x913px) Image search: [Google]
The Way.jpg
194KB, 585x913px
>>17036139
The underlying message is to pick up your cross and follow Christ. Jesus IS the way to God.

>>17036107
Faith in Christ does save but faith manifests itself through actions.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
- Luke 6:46
>>
>>17036139
i don't think jesus necessarily condoned priesthood or turning his words into some sort of political, bureaucratic culture like it so often is. i think the point of all the messages of love & forgiveness is so people can realize their empathetic potential as humans, and that it is god's purpose for them. unconditional kindness is godliness.
>>
>>17036157
what does that mean though? to follow christ? in literal terms, what am i supposed to do? ive struggled with figuring this simple problem out my entire life since my christian upbringing. is the message of christ simply to love, truly love, everything?
>>
>>17036139
'You have heard how it was said, You will love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;”
Mathew 5:43-44
>>
File: Adoro te devote.png (200KB, 640x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Adoro te devote.png
200KB, 640x1000px
>>17036170
>Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

I would say the message of Christ is to love what He loves and to hate what He hates.
>>
>>17036025
Why were you chatting with kids on AIM in 1999 you fucking paedophile
>>
>>17036195
>>17036183
how do i... love god, with all my heart, if i find myself completely unable to just not hate myself, let alone love myself and take the next step and love others? how do you do anything when you're blinded by hatred, including figuring out how to cast it off?
>>
>>17035961
Jesus never existed so there's that.
>>
>>17036200

How old are you? I was 12 in 1999....
>>
File: trash.png (40KB, 306x191px) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
40KB, 306x191px
>>17036206
except he did, and there are numerous historical records referencing his existence
>>
File: 1394807857115.jpg (164KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1394807857115.jpg
164KB, 640x960px
>>17036202
It sounds like you need someone to show you how to love others. How involved are you at your church? Being around others who know how to love is a great way to learn how to yourself.
>>
>>17036211
None of them contemporary. All of them speculations.
>>
>>17035961
Dude "amen" is Hebrew and it means "so be it," it's definitely not blessing an Egyptian god. Don't you think centuries of Christians would have figured it out if it was a pagan blessing?
>>
>>17036212
i don't go to church. for a short while i visited a much more loving, closer, community oriented and church oriented branch of my family and i found it extremely difficult to, cope so to speak. i felt no impact or personal growth. for all intents and purposes, i'm a pretty bad person. i don't want to be one, at least, part of me definitely doesn't. i think the other 50% of my is okay with it and enjoys it. i don't know how to take the first step, let alone know what it even is. i am torn between two equally as powerful versions of myself, that both desire to be good and just trash at the same time.
>>
>>17036212
fundamentalists seem to be bigger fans of fear than love
>>
>>17036217
Tacitus
>>
File: Hug.jpg (621KB, 1546x1117px) Image search: [Google]
Hug.jpg
621KB, 1546x1117px
>>17036220
That you are aware of this internal struggle is a good sign and simply because you do not feel impact or growth does not mean it isn't happening.

If you don't want to be a bad person then you need to be around good people. I exhort you to find a church community because it will strengthen your identity in Christ and weaken your fleshly identity.
>>
File: Turn.jpg (30KB, 181x357px) Image search: [Google]
Turn.jpg
30KB, 181x357px
>>17036223
That isn't scriptural; perfect love casts out fear.
>>
>>17036224
All Tacitus proves is that there were Christians who believed what they did at the time he was writing the passage as that's most likely where he would have heard it from.
>>
>>17036237
From Tacitus: "Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus..."

Seems like he's referencing Jesus pretty explicitly, not just his followers
>>
>>17036235
i agree.
>>
>>17036231
i am unable to put myself around good people. well, i don't really think the people i'm around are inheritly bad, but very unintentionally negatively impacting.
>>
>>17036248
That's not contemporary anyway, like I said, speculations. Hearsay. He parroted what he had heard.
>>
File: 1443417274568-1.jpg (50KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1443417274568-1.jpg
50KB, 720x540px
>>17036252
If you are unable to do it yourself but are serious about wanting to change then you need someone to help you. Do you have anyone in your life that you trust enough to explain your situation to? If you are hanging around toxic people then you will get sick, intentionally or otherwise.
>>
>>17035961
There was a thread a couple of months ago about how Christians always had to watch out for "wolves in sheep's clothing" and that the wolves are already here, misleading Christianity.
>>
>>17036263
i don't. all the answers i've gotten from those i have talked to seem extremely misguided. i fear whats left of my will to change being depleted entirely soon. should i sooner kill myself before i lose the ability to even recognize my flaws and feel bad about them if i just cant change?
>>
>>17036248
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtCXu8ot99A
>>
File: Keep Calm.png (42KB, 1000x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Keep Calm.png
42KB, 1000x1100px
>>17036277
It sounds like you need serious help. The best advice I can give you is to contact a priest and pastor in your area and explain to them that you are desperate and have no one to talk to. It is clear that you need to speak with someone in person about how you are feeling as soon as possible.
>>
>>17036277
say these words to God

"God, please help me with what I have going on in my life. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ."

also, here is a prayer which literally works miracles for me

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Prayer

please do not ever kill yourself. life can be wonderful. the Lord says "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
>>
>>17036304
>>17036311
thank you. one more question. is suicide considered a sin, evil, or murder to god?
>>
File: Ps 23.jpg (479KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ps 23.jpg
479KB, 1920x1080px
>>17036314
Yes suicide is considered all of those things.

Stay strong brother, I will be praying for you.

God bless.
>>
>>17035961
>"Amen" your actually blessing and Egyptian God?
>So be it; truly
>>17036060
>Druids, Horus, Dionysus, and even Hermes
Those guys didn't have official teachings.
>>17036080
>And they know no better, because they were taught wrongly. And have been for nearly 1000 years.
>Ignores 1700 years of non-western christianity.
>>
File: 1449014233938.jpg (20KB, 421x478px) Image search: [Google]
1449014233938.jpg
20KB, 421x478px
Amen - Om
>>
>>17036348
>>
File: 81+2i1EwSmL._SL1500_.jpg (261KB, 1500x1168px) Image search: [Google]
81+2i1EwSmL._SL1500_.jpg
261KB, 1500x1168px
>>17036348

Amen = Ramen

Spaghetti Monster for The Win.
>>
This is why I can't take modern Christianity seriously. Churches (in my case, Russian Orthodox), people just show up. 1 in 10 might actually be praying/earnestly trying to connect with god, while the rest treat it as some sort of weekly gathering to shoot the shit, show off, or as I said before just to be there. Then hearing post service discussions... holy fuck I can't stand these people. I understand that no one else's actions should have an influence on mine, but when priests and clergy have the same exact behavior, fuck that. The disgusting and corrupt people far out weigh the good. And just like this thread, pandering and shoving their shit down peoples throat, unable to objectively answer questions.
>>
>>17036482
Aum - Aumen or "Amen"

Amen is essentialy "so be it" and "I believe"

Om is the transcendental vibration which also sound of all sounds composed of:
>ah - beggining
>oh - middle
>mmm - end
>and silence

It represents the earth, the middle, and the heaven regionga and bears heavy resemblence to Hebrew Amen for its acknowledgment of the Divine
>>
File: 1447291431627.jpg (102KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1447291431627.jpg
102KB, 640x640px
>>17035961
Because it reflects the evil you project. See: Militant atheists using irrational arguments, gay shitposts on /x/ because they have no moral compass.
>MFW you are appropriating priestly functions each time someone else sneezes
>>
File: desktop-1434122514.jpg (63KB, 453x563px) Image search: [Google]
desktop-1434122514.jpg
63KB, 453x563px
>>17036482
>Spaghetti Monster
>Atheist memes in /x/ paranormal board
I have some bad news for you.
>>
File: 1448950454637.jpg (177KB, 877x664px) Image search: [Google]
1448950454637.jpg
177KB, 877x664px
>>17036943
>implying blessing people is only a priestly function
>>
File: 1388294494562.jpg (42KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1388294494562.jpg
42KB, 300x400px
>>17036956
i lold dont know why.
t-t-t-tthanks
>>
>>17035961
You kinda opened yourself up to a bunch of reactionary people defending their religion by phrasing your post as bluntly as you did.

Amen being full of intent towards an Eqyptian god is not really true. When the Hebrews included the word, they literally meant the word's affirming definition of "let it be". That may have became the word for "let it be" because of the name of an Egyptian god, but it wasn't used by Hebrews to intentionally trick people into vaguely referencing an Egyptian god.
>>
File: Tacitus_cnc4.jpg (21KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
Tacitus_cnc4.jpg
21KB, 940x545px
>>17036248
.... I thought the Tacitus was from the command and conquer series
>>
>>17035987
You're pathetic
>>
>>17035961
You don't seem to be looking for answers. You seem to be asking rhetorically since you answered your first question already. Yes, Christianity is evil and inconsistent. Religion is evil and inconsistent. Its ignorant people trying to explain things unscientifically.

And yes, Christianity stole from peganism, the religion that ruled Rome before Catholicism. Amen is amunra, the Sun God, aka jesus, who dies on the solstice, the first of the three shortest days of the year, then rises again for longer. Three days of death then a resurrection of the sun.
>>
>>17035961
Post Nicean Council Christianity should be taken with a bag of salt. It's been edited so many times that it's almost a completely different religion. If you want a clearer look at the Abrahamic religion, try looking at Judaism and Gnostic writing.
>>
Hey guys, Muslims say it too. Just so you know... It also means something like 'let it be'.
>>
>>17037348
...and Muslim religion comes from the same out-of-Egypt source, so your assertion means nothing.
>>
>>17037242
>generalizing judaism/christianity as "religion" to look more philosophical than youre actually being
>implying science is consistent like that doesn't defy its entire point
>implying most religious teaching is about biology or whatever and not emotional control and morality
>>
>>17035961
I'm in the process of cursing it to the depths of hell.

More like you will certainly appear.
>>
>>17035961
>Why do I get a negative feeling from Christianity?
>It seems evil to me. Full of lies and fabrications.
Oh good it's not just me then.

I actually read the Bible earlier this year. I wouldn't recommend it. It was like holding this slimy, vile thing and being pressured to rub it all over my face.

The Old Testament was all about how much raping and murdering was going on back then, laced in with Yahweh propaganda. The New Testament threw all that out and just had agonizing, saccharine preaching (and new-fangled propaganda about how a man is apparently now God Incarnate, sounds awfully culty to me), followed by yet another asshole writing letter after letter about a guy he never even fucking met.
>>
>>17037291

This anon gets it.
Even the Orthodox Church is better than Catholics, for example.

Gnosticism is pretty based.
I usually can't get into Abrahamic religions, but Gnostics are just fantastic.

They can answer far more question than the others and have far less contradictions in their dogma.
>>
>>17038055
> The Old Testament was all about how much raping and murdering was going on back then, laced in with Yahweh propaganda. The New Testament threw all that out and just had agonizing, saccharine preaching (and new-fangled propaganda about how a man is apparently now God Incarnate, sounds awfully culty to me), followed by yet another asshole writing letter after letter about a guy he never even fucking met.

This about sums it up. Christianity kind of looks like it makes sense from a distance because it's so popular and apologetics and preachers do a lot of dancing around, but the whole thing falls apart when you actually read the Bible.

It's just total trash. Even die-hard Christians admit they ignore about half of it, and all these wise and beautiful passages from Matthew seem pretty retarded when Paul is going on and and on and on. Like, this petty bullshit is supposed to be divinely inspired? The God who created everything thought it was of critical importance to my soul to preserve Paul bitching out his rivals across history so that I could read it and be bored and annoyed?

Cunning plan, oh Holy One.
>>
Check on orthodoxy OP it's no ones fault you've been traumatized by distorted sects.
>>
>>17035961
You are a fucking retard, amen is Hebrew for "so be it"
>>
>>17035961
as a muslim i kind of see where you're coming from. I don't see it as evil as much as it's just ignorance with a cult following. There were several prophets that we all acknowledge and follow the teachings of. Why throw jesus up on a pedestal? to me it seems like the sneakies form of polytheism but i understand that the followers intentions are good and in the end God will judge us of the content of our hearts and intentions.
>>
>>17038407
As a Christian I respect Muslims and never comment or add or subtract anything to their faith... Muslims start everything with La Illaha Illa Allah ...
You seem pretty ignorant, I suggest to first study the theology of orthodoxy, understand the importance of Jesus, the revelation and the fulfilling of the prophecies.
>>
>>17035961
>Why do I get a negative feeling from Christianity?

Because it has been manipulated to trap into lies those who are believing.

Jesus is a lie, it was other name and did slightly different things and had different claims. God's name isn't lord or yahwe or jehova.

Just 2 examples
>>
>>17038411
sorry if i came off with a derogatory tone, i own a bible and really got into christendom for a while but all of the incongruencies and denominations is what threw me off personally. That and I believe that Jesus prayed to God instead of himself and told his followers to do the same. There's also something in there about Jesus falling flat on his face during prayer in muslim fashion but to you it's probably semantics. I respect your beliefs too though and do understand the importance of Christ. Just to us he was the word of God like many other prophets as opposed to the son which in my eyes kind of lowers God to the human level by implying that he reproduces. That and all the statues and pictures of jesus hanging on a cross battered to a pulp seem a little offensive. But to each their own.
>>
>>17038353
To be fair, Paul wasn't actually a disciple. Paul was formally known as Saul, the asshole that Lord Joshua struck blind.

>But that meeting with Jeezus changed his life and put him on the path of Gawd!

And I'm sure the same happened with all the people Lord Joshua met. Everyone Lord Joshua met became shining examples of the good of humanity.

Oh wait. He got nailed to four by fours because people thought he was a heretic.

tl;dr Paul is a nigger and should be completely ignored.
>>
File: pot_calls_kettle_black.jpg (19KB, 402x302px) Image search: [Google]
pot_calls_kettle_black.jpg
19KB, 402x302px
>>17038407
>>17038411
>>17038419

death worshipping cultists please ascend into paradise today.
>>
There's a few weird things about Christianity.

1. At it's core it is hostile to the cultures that practice it.

The essence of (Paul's) Christianity is antagonism toward the Roman Empire, and yet the cultures where the religion is practiced have Roman heritage. One result of this is that Christianity has tended to cause self-doubt and identity issues among the intellectual classes of Europe, that can only be relieved with intense rationalization.

2. It's intolerant.

One of the big reasons Christianity managed to roll over all the other cults in antiquity was because you were not allowed to follow or honor any Pagan gods when you became Christian; the religion is unapologetically hostile to every form of Paganism and it doesn't mind saying it. Compare this to Buddhism, for instance, which doesn't really care if you honor some non-Buddhist teachings on the side. At its core, Christianity things the best person is the one who is 100% Christian and nothing but Christian, and the extent to which you deviate from that ideal is the extent of your character flaws.

In some forms of protestantism, this has the effect of totally discounting the value of morality and making 'faith in Jesus' the sole measure of a person's worth. The potential problems in this are obvious, and they go much further than the bigotry involved in such a view.

3. It has a lot of macabre symbolism and imagery.

I was once talking to a Jewish friend of mine and he remarked that even though he likes Christians more than Muslims, the Cross always disturbed him much more than the crescent.

The reason for this is obvious: the cross is, in fact, a morbid symbol; an execution device, a grave marker, frequently depicted with a bloody corpse on it, etc. So the religion's main symbol is intimately associated with death.
>>
Even if it is real, would you trust someone who thinks the world is 6000?
>>
Most christians are deceived into following the Wrong Father.

The pagans have tricked you into thinking the Father of Jesus is their old pagan father god of the Pantheon.
>>
>>17038431
again atheists show themselves to be the least respectful of the bunch.
>>
>>17038498
>It has a lot of macabre symbolism and imagery.

one of the reasons i like it so much. it's religion's job to rationalize and explain death. christianity makes it a driving theme as well as an aesthetic and doesn't dance around the issue
>>
>>17036060
>Westboro Baptist
>in charge
>>
>>17036107
"Faith without works is nothing" -James.

You had to have both the faith, and the physical and mental changes to show for it. You actually had to strive to be more like Jesus.

>>17036139
The underlying message runs through most, if not all religions. You have to pretty much lose your old self, and be "born again" into a new, more enlightened life. Jesus turning water to wine was NOT literal. It was a metaphor. Water was a symbol of an empty vessel, or empty life. Maybe even "birth". And the wine was a symbol of blood, or "full life."

>>17036345
Bullshit.

Hermes was a big deal to the Egyptians, Greeks, and to a lesser extent the Romans. Hence, his name becoming that of a god's.

Dionysus is basically a Jesus figure in Hellenistic Paganism. You're an idiot if you say otherwise. He had a cult around him, just like Jesus did.

Horus is the same way.

And the Druids had an oral tradition that took 20+ years to be learned, and was passed down through song and poetry. They DID have official teachings. Druids, Bards and Ovates all spent decades learning and teaching. As well as traveling throughout Europe and even (arguably, there is some evidence but not enough to be sure) as far as the middle east.
>>
>>17036211
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-god-who-wasnt-there/
>>
>>17036117
Ok, and? Hinduism has about 50 sons of god who came to save the world, Egyptians have a few, Greeks had a few, Celts had a few, Germanic/Norse had a few.. What's your point? Mine is that Jesus was just one of many "saviors" or just really fucking smart dudes who decided to be a good example for his people.
>>
>>17035961
Because the devil has dominion over the earth for but a short time, so he has worked to make it seem that God and Christianity (not to mention any path of righteousness) are bad and evil, so that we all fall over to his side.
>>
>>17036006

Those are the same people who think the name Israel is derived from Isis Ra and El. Probably the same people who call our president a Muslim because of his middle name.
>>
>>17035961
And you yourself aren't full of lies and fabrications.
Thus are able to judge what is full of lies and fabrications and what is not.

Seems legit, bro.
>>
>>17038661

As an Alchemist this reminds me of the Great Work.

Our motto is: Ora Et Labora

It means Pray and Work, and the word for Laboratory comes from this.

The Builders left the Great Work Unfinished.

They Rejected the Capstone of our Creation.

Jesus is the Capstone and he tried to Complete the Great Work at the Last Supper.

This is why he was crucified and all who partook in the Eucharist were hunted down and put to death by the Sword, burned alive or Crucified.

Because the they ate the Fruit of the Tree of Life.

The Bread of Long Living and the Elixir of Life.

Yes brothers, the Grail is the Philosopher Stone.

And all us seekers are after it.

We are the Builders now, and its up to us to Finish the Great Work.
>>
>>17038711
Habadibubadadibu, I've finished my work and I found more. Everything is undone and so am I, waiting to become done by that which begun.
>>
>>17035961
Because all Abrahamic religions are inherently sociopathic.
It's a single head on a triple headed hydra.
>>
>>17035987
UR WRONG BC U CANT PROOFREAD UR TEXT ON AN IMAGE BOARD DEUS BULT!!! xDDDD
>>
>>17038929
i love Jesus, but not responding to this out of a defense of the Christians, but rather to comment on human nature

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Darwinism

saying that Abrahamic religions are sociopathic is absurd. sociopathic is a way for humanity to define and categorize behavior.

having said this, abrahamic faith does not save someone from violence and sociopathy (only God saves someone from violence and sociopathy). i would say that the atheist is much more of a sociopath than the seeker and the believer. these are spiritual things, all of which are hard to discuss

peace be with you
>>
>>17035961
'Amen' just means 'So be it' in Aramaic (I think)
>>
not sure if people know this btw, but just want to add also, especially for the shills

i am a believer in the Christ-man who is God. a new believer, or a non-believer may find it strange, and sociopathic for a believer to hold some sort of prejudice against something like tarot cards or people practicing paganism.

although i feel it is right to give people the decision to CHOOSE God, just like he gives people the decision to CHOOSE Him... the thing with various mysticism and eastern magic, and western occultism is that gives power to the enemy of God, and in turn giving power to our enemy (whether we know it or not), and it brings down God's wrath upon us

this is why, it may seem strange to some, but it is a spiritual thing to be discerned.

"for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."
>>
>>17036262
That is stupid. It is the same kind of argument when you dismiss earth is round and there is outer space as a speculation because you just heard what other people said.
>>
>>17036503
Why don't you try to change your church or going to another church?
>>
>>17038419
>lowers God to the human level by implying that he reproduces
Except God didn't reproduce.
Jesus is the same as the Father.
John 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6168145/r

people who believe in this shit are religious fucktards. .
>>
>>17035961
>negative feeling about Christianity

If you love God as a force that is through all the universe, and also has a place in every individuals soul, how can you hate Jesus?

The religion as a whole, sure, but Jesus?

>fabricated with lies

Translations, some are intentional, but when you know how to read your Bible you'll figure it out. I say just read books like John or John's epistles and Gnostic texts and stick to NT if you really want to get an idea.

Jesus and His goal is to get people to God, 2000years ago, but today as well in Spirit

>egyptian god

Amen is "so be it" and "I believe" and is also Aum which is a sound in sanskrit
>>
>>17036218
Right, right. Like how Christians figured out "Christmas" is a Pagan Holliday, and Jesus wasn't even born in December? Or oh wait. How about how the "Jesus fish" is a Pagan fertility God symbol (it's s vagina by the way). Yeah... Christians seem like a real sharp bunch of people
>>
>>17039153
Not to mention the whole starbucks thing.

>"YOU GOT RID OF CHRISTMAS SYMBOLS It'S AN ATTACK ON US"
>To a business that has a Pagan sea goddess as it's symbol. Over "Christmas symbols" that all have Pagan meanings.
>>
>>17036231
"Good" people? In my experience Chruches are full of evil, deceitful, gossiping, harpys. You want to be "good"? Help out in your community, donate to the homeless, don't waste your time with fucking hollier than thou pseudo-pious jerks like that. All they want is your fucking money and attention. At its absolute best any church is no more than a glorified social club. Why do you think even Jeshs Christvhim self never went near one?
>>
>>17037966
How edgy and original. Imply that everyone who disagrees with you is some fedora wearing faggot. Or wait... Could it be possible religion is just a crutch for weak people who want to feel safe? No, must be the former... Because there's no way you've been lied to your whole life right? Santa Claus and the tooth fairy wouldn't lie to you. Religion has ruined our planet, and when it's used up I hope our species dies here where it belongs
>>
File: images-3.jpg (7KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
7KB, 257x196px
>>17039153
So we celebrate Jesus's birthday on Christmas whats the big deal? Whats worse is Christmas is a capitalist holiday for monay$$$

>>17039159
"Pagan" meanings more like just meanings without the adjective

Silly everyone and their labelling

>>17039166
As someone who loves Jesus, I can agree with this is that many churches act like this, but why be an ordinary Christian
>>
>>17039183
LMAO i think r/atheism is more your speed. like wow, could you be more typical
>>
File: tumblr_m5b9btPOeN1qgw5kfo1_500.gif (407KB, 500x199px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5b9btPOeN1qgw5kfo1_500.gif
407KB, 500x199px
>>17039183
God is in all beings soul. You can experience Him without labelling yourself into a religion.

People take religion and ruin our planet with it, not the religion itself. People do, not God.
>>
>>17039184
Welp. You're not going to learn. Good for you.

Enjoy being apart from Jesus, while assuming you are not.
>>
>>17038629
Respect for what? Ignorance isn't something you show respect. Would you respect someone who didn't know how to read or write, based simply on those things? Or would you just feel sorry for them, and try to help? What if they tried to deny that it was a problem, and in fact you were wrong for knowing how? That's the delima. I agree though, I think it should just be ignored. The trendy edge lord thing to do is just accuse them of being a neckbeard
>>
>>17039196
Care to explain?
>>
Had to edit a bit:

My question is:

If God knows everything (past/present /future) and he created men to his own likeness and with his own breath. Why did he doom him? If he knew the woman would take a bite of the apple, why put the tree there on the first place? By doing this, he automatically doomed an entire race. Why instead of punishing that one person, did he decide to curse the entire generation after them? If God loves men so much as it is written and preached, why did he doom us to death and eternal punishment?

He made humans curious and smart. With the ability to learn from his surrounding. The humans were following their own instinct and nature. If God was aware of all of this, why did he set that bait? Why let satan roam around them as well?
>>
The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever
>>
>>17038661
>>17036060
I independently subscribe to your perspective already and I am impressed with your apparent knowledge. Where can I subscribe to your newsletter and/or buy the same books you've recently read?
>>
>>17039217
Just to clarify. This is something that has always hunted me. I was born and raised with a Christian background. Things at church were never perfect and I did have very special experiences but I felt like I had too many unanswered questions that whenever I asked it was seen as me being an atheist. A side of me knows that what I felt and saw was real, but the other wonders if all of this is really worth it and the real reason we are here on the first place. It sometimes felt like I was following blindly because I had so many questions.
>>
>>17039217
>If God created man why are we subject to doom and punishment

Gnostic master race, created by a bunch of wanna be gods, humans are the cause of their own sufferings aside from outside spiritual influences that cling on to those who don't really care for God.

Suffering is caused by desire and ignorance, and hell is also a state of being for when you realized you done fugged up. It is alao a place for severe crimes against God and humanity
>>
>>17039212
Christmas was started as a way to convert Pagans back in the day. They took over Yule, Winter Solstice festivals, and so on and replaced the Pagan gods with Jesus. But kept many of the same symbols. Christmas Trees were originally Pagan offering sites and/or sacred groves (presents under the tree, c'mon.)

Stockings filled with stuff was a Norse/Germanic thing. As was Santa, or at least the idea of a guy breaking into your house to leave stuff.

December 25th is actually Mithras' birthday. Or Sol Invictus' day. Jesus was born in the spring ( i think)

Saturnalia was also connected, especially the feasting and indulgence part.

Emperor Justinian himself started it off as a national holiday in Rome in the 300's.
>>
>>17039229
And present day it doesn't care about Jesus or Mithra or Santa anymore now its Krampus and a new iPad
>>
>>17039226
But humans were literally perfect at one point until they "disobeyed". If their eyes were open to sin it was after this that it all started. What I mean is that it wasn't necessary on the first place to "tempt" or "test" humans if God already knew they would fail. How are we supposed to believe that he loves us if he basically set us up for failure on the first place?
>>
>>17039222
The Secret Teachings by Manly P. Hall.

Mythology of the Celts and Norse (mostly my own research)

And there is a book called "False Prophets and Lovers of Children" by Ryan Gable. Pretty smart guy. He has a podcast to.

ALSO

Just do your own research. You have to find out on your own, like I have.
>>
>>17039188
Hilarious and original. "you don't beleve in god?! trolololol must be a nerckbear ahteist trololol eveyr agrees with me right guyzzz?!"
>>
>>17039232
Genesis and some OT come from Sumerian Legends and this story isn't about God making mankind it is about fallen angels making man and one told them not to eat the apple which implied they would eat the apple.

You don't have to believe that either, but Gnostics do believe that the world was created by "Elohim" which is plural, and they wanted to make man to be like God, hence Lucifer's falling away.

>Hypostasis of the Archons

Its a good read
>>
>>17039231
Actually, if you believe in the whole "New World Order" or "Shadow Government" stuff, it still is about certain things that stem from old Roman religion.
Which is, fostering ignorance and materialism in order to keep control over the population (bread and circuses yo.)
>>
>>17039229
I like where it specifically says in the bible NOT to put up Christmas trees. People are straight stupid not to realize bunnies and eggs symbolize springtime fuckin' too.

Seriously those is there a book you can recommend that really focuses on all the borrowings and parallels?
>>
>>17039236
How come this is said to be the Holy trinity?
>>
>>17039234
>You have to find out on your own, like I have.
I should take more notes. There's too much to keep in my head.
>>
>>17039235
Part of the reason we don't like you is not because you dislike religion, it's that you are a dick. A dick full of pseudo intellectual concepts that bear as much weight as any religion. No more, no less.

I dislike you for the same reason I dislike Fire and Brimstone Christians. You have no room to talk, and not the slightest clue about what's true or false.
>>
>>17039242
But once you figure shit out, you realize Jesus was a pretty ok guy, if he was real. As were most religious leaders of the ancient world, and they all taught and thought the same things. Just in different ways. Jesus just wanted to keep his people from falling into the same trap other people did. Which was, materialism, greed, arrogance, etc. You forget he grew up seeing what Rome was doing to his people, and others alike.
>>
>>17039191
So the fact that the bible condones their behavior isn't God's idea either? I could understand that, but at that point you're just guessing what this all powerful could-be-entity would want. If you follow any of the established religions correctly according to their holy texts you're a fucking monster. 99% of people just ignore the parts they don't like though.
>>
>>17039237
That is why I don't believe in Roman Catholicism, it works for some, but I have experienced it to know that I need to know Jesus and God way more on a personal level than a ritualistic "I went to church today I am a good person so healed" feeling

>>17039241
Supposedly Christians are "fooled" into believing in a different God.

The original Creator, is before the fallen angels left God. So there still is a good. Even though fallen angels made materials and stuff, God is the original source of Spirit and Soul. Jesus is still the savior and preached against what the Jews and Essenes wanted Him to, so they killed Him. Jesus was set up to learn a lot of things and when they were expecting His arrival and He changed what they expected of Him (because He spoke true spiritual awareness) they just weren't going to have it. The Holy Spirit is Jesus, and it is God, and it is in all beings who accept whole hearted spirituality.
>>
>>17039244
what intellectual concept am I presenting? I don't really no how the universe was created for sure, no one does. What you are doing is projecting all this shit you hear people say on to me. I never said i knew shit, I'm just saying you ass holes don't know either. 'God' as observed in the contemporary sense is a fucking joke though.
>>
>>17039253
No because you still gain morality out of it. Even so, all religions are attempts to restore our eternal relationship to God, who is a Supersoul that holds all souls inside of Him, and yet is in all souls, and yet we are not Him or equal to Him.

This is confirmed in the Bhagavad Gita. Surrender unto God with faith and you will find Him.
>>
>>17039244
>>17039258
And to add to that thought... my point still stands. You think its edgy and original to lump everyone who disagrees with you in the same category as any idiot who decides they know every-fucking-thing. Be it "oh the big bang trololol sciencey stuff i dont understanzzz" or "Oh this bearedy cloud man did it herrrr"
>>
>>17039256
Good. And that's the thing, institutionalized religion has been (like Jesus said it would be) infiltrated and distorted.

I'm Pagan, and I'm lucky in that I don't have a stereotypical dogma that other pagans push on me as "correct." I feel for you bro.

>>17039258
>'God' as observed in the contemporary sense is a fucking joke though.

That attitude. that one right there.
>>
>>17039256
Then what does humanity represent to God? Why were we really created?

It was explained to me in the past that He wanted kings to rule in the kingdom of heaven. But I don't get why it is necessary to doom so many people to hell in the process.
>>
>>17039267
"that" attitude. So people who believe 'God' wants you to own a gun and truck, hate gays, and kill people in his name? That God is okay? Because that's the contemporary God people follow.The concept is retarded. Just as fucking retarded as people who think they know how the universe was created just because scientists have a working theory. They still have no fucking idea.
>>
>>17039264
Bro. It's not your opinion. It's your attitude. Talk shit, you get shit back. What do you expect?
>>
>>17039275
I expect you to have a better arguement than "trololo LMAO go back to /r/atheism neckbeard hurrrr derrr" because that's just annoying. My only problem with you isn't your opinion, it's the fact that you project on to me every thing you've heard other people say, and put words in my mouth.
>>
>>17039267
Pagans accepting Jesus? I think everyone knows there are a bunch of little gods too that are like genies and stuff, but you can know the One God through faith and reading and being devoted to righteous causes. Some deities worship God, some deities hate God.

>>17039270
That's for you to find out. I mean we are living souls inside of human bodies and Jesus pretty much teaches the Way to Heaven and was killed for it. The messiah they were expecting came back a better man that didn't preach the same thing they did, so they killed Him Jesus was set up or something man.

People punish themselves by not having mindfulness and being totally sense indulelgent. How can yoga (not streaching every week in class) actual yoga, be implemented in this day and age with people who are anti-religious and materially conditioned in this way.
>>
>>17039274
>>17039267
Lemme go ahead and elaborate real quick here too... I shouldn't have to say "atheists are dumb too..." in the same breath. You shouldn't infer that just because i say christians are dumb, that i think atheists are smart, or that i know everything, or that I'm a neckbeard, or that the earth is flat, or that... You see where I'm going with this? You divine so much bull shit, just because i don't elaborate for a fucking hour. Stick to the statement, and don't guess a bunch of other shit.
>>
>>17039279
Nigger, you said

>>17039197
>>17039166
>>17039183

Correct? Instead of being respectful, you were a shitbird. You can disagree, but still be civil.

>>17039284
I don't "accept" jesus. I just understand what he was getting at. Minus the "MY DAD IS GOD" stuff. Maybe he was, maybe he was not. Dunno.

But I do think "god" is not really an "entity". He is more of a force that lives in everything. then "the gods" are just higher entities who have been around longer, and are "The Source".
>>
>>17039296
What fucking time did I say I was tyring to be respectful? I don't give a fucking about your or anyone elses feelings. Be it some dumb as atheist MRA ass hat, or some christ fag. Plus most of that shouldn't even be offensive. You wanna be good? Stay away from church social clubs and help in your community. Again inferring that I respect atheists either. I don't respect stupid people period, and no one should. Admit you're fucking ignorant, I do, trying to hold on to some stupid religion or theory you make yourself feel better is retarded.
>>
>>17039309
You can't fucking read. Great. If you continue to be a faggot, I'm going to continue to assume you're an ugly neckbeard. As will most of /x/. And we'll picture you as a drooling mongoloid, and hope to the gods you drool too much on your keyboard and ruin it.
>>
>>17039296
God is one and He will do so much for the benefit of our Spirit.

God is not exclusive to one religion.

There are many demigods, but there is one God who is beyond all of out conceptions.

Some deities worship God and some hate God, and depending on what you believe will influence the spirits around you.

God also, has a personality. He is in all souls and all souls are in Him.

Living entities are higher than material objects for the fact that they are alive and being.

We are not Him or equal to Him, but we do control our destiny which is a pretty sweet gift.

Humans are free to ignore God, be against God, and also love God which in the present day love for God is frowned upon which is strange.
>>
>>17039315
Sure.
>>
>>17035987
dude
>>
>>17039314
Glad we could come to an understanding. Good luck with your autism.
>>
>>17039323
So you're leaving? Great.
>>
>>17039318
And you said I wasn't close to muh Jesus
->>17039196

I feel alot better now
>>
>>17039340
As long as you understand history of the subject and can tell that Christmas, and most other holidays and facets of Christianity have nothing to do with Jesus and was just a power grab in the past, and today is just a way to keep people happy and stupid.
>>
File: 1449014315060.jpg (31KB, 420x478px) Image search: [Google]
1449014315060.jpg
31KB, 420x478px
>>17039347
You can make it about God and Jesus if you want to.

If Jesus was here seeing people celebrate Christmas He'd flip over tables at a shopping mall and stop demanding worship and tell people to worship God first.

It is one thing to respect your Guru as God Himself, but it is another thing when the Guru says "worship me not God" rather than "Worship God not me"

Jesus talks about His Father all the time before He starts taking credit.
>>
>>17039014
So he called out to himself on the cross and asked why he gave the mission of being God to himself? These types of incongruencies are what i mean, God is all knowing. And if he isnt that implys a break in the trinity. Idk man. Still to each their own.
>>
File: FEqveP1rBM17L6hDDyzm6wDg.jpg (643KB, 1600x1076px) Image search: [Google]
FEqveP1rBM17L6hDDyzm6wDg.jpg
643KB, 1600x1076px
>>17039525
Jesus is God's greatest devotee.
He calls out to God, He knows Him and God are one, but still as a human calls out for His mercy and what not.
>>
File: handing out fedoras.gif (798KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
handing out fedoras.gif
798KB, 480x360px
>>17035961
*Tips Fedora*
>>
>>17039217
>>17039224
>If he knew the woman would take a bite of the apple, why put the tree there on the first place?
The apple being eaten wasn't wrong. It was the act of eating it that was wrong. Apple was there ultimately (past/present/future independent) to be eaten, it was meant to be this way.
The punishment wasn't for eating the apple, it was for *disobeying God* who said explicitly: do not eat the apple.

>By doing this, he automatically doomed an entire race.
Eating the apple made life the way it is, right now. With all its good sides and its bad sides, away from ignorance.
God taught humanity evil right there. Man wasn't unlike an ignorant pup lacking direction, unknowing of what was right or wrong. By punishing man, God have him direction.
That direction was "Disobeying me is wrong, do not do this ever again". Followers of God follow that direction to this day.

Also don't forget that men, unlike angels, have free will.
Yes, the tree was set there, as "bait". God was "baiting" for that free will of man.
It was the final test to see if man truly ended up being what God intended him to be - independent from him.

If by "dooming" you mean the original sin, then hear this:
Baptism and the entire idea of "cleansing" the original sin is nothing but a reminder to never forget that primary God-given direction.
Think about it. A child is baptised by its parents. During the ritual it's the *parents* that swear to teach their child the ways of Christ.
It's the parents that say: "We will do everything in our power, to make sure our child does not "eat the apple"." And thus the original direction to "Never disobey God" is propagated.
This is the true meaning of baptism.

It is in fact "lifting" the "doom" from the baptised child in the way that it ensures that it will not stray from the path of God (will not violate first law - disobey God), and thus will not be doomed by doing wrong.
>>
>>17039563
Thank you for the great response.

It's just that the way it was always preached to me since childhood was like "the human race is God's most special and loved creation" "God loves you" "if you get to heaven you will rule over angels(or something between those lines)" and to me it's like, if you have a son and you love him and want the best for him and you have a bag of crack and you know that if you leave it laying around the house your son will try to eat it even when telling him not to and you know that the future says that he will try it and develop an addiction to it and ruin his life, why put it there on the first place? Why set a test you know he's going to fail. So many human lives have already perished already. And people nowadays frown upon believing in God or doing what's good in general. If he knew humanity was going to go down the sewer instead of following him and getting to heaven, why giving us a test that he knows we will fail resulting in billions of his sons perishing in hell?
>>
>>17039563
>That direction was "Disobeying me is wrong, do not do this ever again". Followers of God follow that direction to this day.
>It was the final test to see if man truly ended up being what God intended him to be - independent from him.

how can you believe both of these at the same time. if you must obey everything god says then you're not truly independent.

>This is the true meaning of baptism.
then why do unbaptized babies not go to heaven if it's only about the parents?
>>
>>17039712
That's not it.
There is no good without evil.

That tree was there to teach man evil, it's job was to add an entire dimension to man's life.
That was the moment humanity truly began the way it was meant to exist. Prior to that it was just proto-men.

It was a lesson. Eating the apple was wrong because it had to be wrong - wrongness was the thing to be learnt there.

You can teach a blind person what a colour is, but you can't teach them *how* it is.
Some lessons can't be taught, they have to be learnt.
Tree was God's "setup" to have man "fall" and recognize himself as evil, and thus see the evil itself.

It is not like a bag of crack. Like you outlined, a bag of crack has nothing but negative repercussions.
Eating the apple was actually a gift, it benefited mankind. It gave us understanding.

Here's a better analogy: a kid has recently caught on that the gifts under the Christmas tree are planted by parents, these must he hidden somewhere around the home beforehand.
They venture forth to search for the hidden toys. And they indeed stumble upon a package hidden away in a wardrobe. But inside the pretty wrapping there's only a letter, it reads:
"What you are doing is wrong. You disappoint us, gifts are meant for Christmas eve and not before. Please stop." - signed, parents.

Child is aware that real gifts still lay hidden somewhere.
Do you think they will continue searching after reading such a letter?

>And people nowadays frown upon believing in God or doing what's good in general
People have free will. It lets them choose doing either good, or evil. If they did not know what is "good" and what is "evil", then in reality, there is no free will, is there?

>If he knew humanity was going to go down the sewer instead of following him and getting to heaven, why giving us a test that he knows we will fail resulting in billions of his sons perishing in hell?
The tree was a warning *not* to use free will to do evil. If anything, it serves the opposite purpose.
>>
>>17039727
>if you must obey everything god says then you're not truly independent
Good catch, I used a wrong word there. What I wanted to say was man's choices are independent from God's.
Should have used the word "separate".

>then why do unbaptized babies not go to heaven if it's only about the parents?
This is a flaw the Church is responsible for.

Also, do not misunderstand, it's not only about the parents.
It is only in case of a child baptism.
>>
>>17039806
Thanks a lot for your patience.

I guess some of us get lost with what is the purpose for things and wonder what is the "right way" to do what He wants in order to be saved. Also with so many changes and religions around it gets pretty confusing. Never thought I would get these things answered in this board lol. Thanks again.
>>
>>17039837
Not just some. *All of us* get lost sometimes.
It's what it means to be human.

>Thanks
Happy to help.
>>
>>17039553
Being against Christianity isn't fedora, materialistic know it all atheism is. Christianity is a dark religion, as well as all Abrahamic religions
>>
>>17039870
>tips fedora
>>
>>17039883
>misusing memes

calm down
>>
>>17039891
i thought it was funny
>>
File: 1448415083317.jpg (64KB, 594x414px) Image search: [Google]
1448415083317.jpg
64KB, 594x414px
>>17039892
grow up
>>
>>17038977
If there was actual evidence to support the historical Jesus, that would be the case, but it's not.
>>
How come we don't get to choose between real life and death? We weren't given a choice when put into this world. How come suicide is automatic damnation? Isn't that a little bit unfair?
>>
>>17035961
Well are you sure you're looking at Christianity?
>>
>>17039899
is there evidence that anything you know is even real?
>>
>>17039905
What you tout as evidence isn't touted as evidence by any scholars in the field because they know better.
>>
>>17039911
i disagree. i would say that is presumptuous

i don't think that real scholars would agree wtih you, as well
>>
>>17039903
Are you?
>>
>>17039902
It might be, but ultimately it doesn't matter if you do commit suicide
>>
>>17039919
What do you mean it doesn't matter? Why?
>>
File: 1449014182150.jpg (33KB, 420x479px) Image search: [Google]
1449014182150.jpg
33KB, 420x479px
>>17039899

If Nero died at 68 AD and was persecuting Christians before this date, this is only a 40 year gap at the earliest supposed date of Jesus's "death" on the cross.

>30AD to 68AD, somewhere during this time Nero was persecuting Christians

Paul dates back to around 50+AD and James can date from 50 to 70 AD. Gospels that where written after 70AD would have been written after the Romans and Jews were in a war and destroying temples during this time
>>
For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power.

God is not the author of confusion. satan is the author of confusion.

in this thread here on /x/ today the devil flaunts his children before God, and we struggle to find truth, but the people of God will know their God before the time comes. these are spiritual things. hear these words, because the pull between good and evil is present even right now before us:

the living God says: 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life;"

i quote the bible to you because i am only a man and not God. in the bible you will learn "of" God, but only God will teach you truth when you come to Him

peace be with you
>>
>>17039925
I mean what others think, their condemnation. I'm not trying to advocate for anything, I believe all people will choose their own paths
>>
let me put forth a warning for you guys right here and now on /x/

the devil loves seeing the people of /x/ turning towards him, and falling into his snares and his wicked ness

we are all seeking to return to God, it is just a matter of our own will, and God's mercy, and many other unknown things that determines whether or not we make it to God

the devil is active here on /x/, just as the people of God are active here on /x/. i can see it all throughout /x/ and 4chan, and we all need to be keeping to the ways of God who will give us eternal life
>>
File: new board.png (148KB, 1305x279px) Image search: [Google]
new board.png
148KB, 1305x279px
>>
>>17039943
religion and mysticism is still part of paranormal though
>>
if somebody is here on /x/ to know what is paranormal, and what is spiritual, and who they are and why they exist, then i'm telling you the truth

i come here and post on /x/ for entertainment but also for this reason because i know of God, and slaves can be set free unto Him. we are the slaves in this life. lol, i hate to go out on a limb and sound crazy but all of these things are true. and yes, even the bible is true. trust me i would have never known these things or even care or even ever think about it if it was not God who brought these things upon me

peace be with you /x/

'Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."
>>
>>17039939
/x/ is for paranormal first of all, not religion. Second, your religion isn't the only religion that exists. Everyone else has their own God's and monsters to pray to, back off.
>>
>>17039913
Doesn't matter if they agree with me, half of them are too engrossed in the faculty of Jesus being historical to even make a comment.
>>
>>17039928
>>
>>17039928
Paul gives no credence to a historical Jesus. He makes no reference to any disciples, or to anything Jesus did in the gospels.
>>
>>17035961
>>17036006
>>17038699
I'd just like to add that "amen" ultimately comes from a root Semitic language, where as the ancient Egyptian language was Afroasiatic. We can never be 100% sure of the etymology of words that old, but it is EXTREMELY unlikely that "amen" and "Amun" are cognate.

Adding to that, Amun's prominence was mostly around the 11th dynasty, and I'm not aware of any indication of interactions between ancient Jews and Egyptians until the 19th dynasty. (About a millennium later.)
>>
>>17040014
First, Paul indicates unequivocally that Jesus really was born, as a human, and that in his human existence he was a Jew. This he states in Galatians 4:4: “But when the fullness of time came, God sent his son, born from a woman, born under the law, that he might redeem those who were under the law….” This statement also indicates that Jesus’ mission was to Jews, a point born out in another letter of Paul’s, in Romans 15:8, “For I say that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show the truthfulness of God, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs.”
>>
>>17040170
Paul tells us Jesus existed, though he never met Him except by revelation which happens to Christians today
>>
File: Water to wine.gif (958KB, 476x281px) Image search: [Google]
Water to wine.gif
958KB, 476x281px
>>17039955
God bless you anon and nice doubles.
>>
>>17036060
>So is Modern Christianity evil? No. But the people in charge of it very well may be (The Vatican, politicians using it to push agendas, Westboro Baptist. Etc.)

Are you retarded? Politicians and the "Westboro Baptist church" are not the leaders of Christianity, nor is the Vatican. The Westboro baptist church is despised by everyone including Christians, nobody fucking likes them. The Vatican is in charge of Catholicism, though some argue that falls under Christianity, it really hasn't since the reformation. Using the Vatican is a bad example anyway, they massacred hundreds of thousands of not millions of Protestants/ Calvinists other religions etc. during the reformation, which is particularly why I don't like it. You had some okay points until that ^^^ then you just looked like an autist
>>
>>17040202
Correction, you were right about the Vatican being evil, at least in the past, just wrong about them being a head of Christianity
>>
>>17035971
ha. look at this kek. get out of here.
>>
>>17039563
This is the most commonly accepted answer to the great debate about original sin. This is essentially what Milton covers in "Paradise Lost". Another interesting theory is covered in the "His Dark Materials" series. This explores original sin as the last puzzle piece god places into mankind to give it true autonomy. It was a deliberate act by god to finish his masterpiece.
>>
>>17036015
Hey OP
>>
>>17040202
> Using the Vatican is a bad example anyway, they massacred hundreds of thousands of not millions of Protestants/ Calvinists other religions etc. during the reformation, which is particularly why I don't like it

The Protestants would go on to kill tens of thousands of Catholics and countless innocent people in a fit of puritan hysteria that haunts us to this day. Truly, they did God's work in the world, not like those nasty Catholics.
>>
>>17039563
> Also don't forget that men, unlike angels, have free will.

How does man have free will in a world with a omniscient God who has foreordained all things? No, God Intentionally created a universe doomed to eternal suffering, and the only and obvious solution to this was for him to become a human, use his powers to get executed for treason, and then come back from the dead. It all makes total sense when you realize that God is Love. I know when I love someone there's nothing more fun than forcing them through a painful series of tests with unclear and unhelpful instructions. Then I torture them mercilessly when they fail.
>>
>>17040202
Catholicism is definitely a type of Christianity, and is the original. Protestants fled Europe and later enslaved people based on their skin color. Stop pointing fingers. There's nothing wrong with the Vatican; it's just really old, so there's bound to be some blood on it.
>>
>>17040842
I think you are giving a god emotions that are too human. It's like if you had a pet rat, and you really loved the rat. He was good company, could do tricks and didn't eat a whole lot. Now you wanted to train this rat so that it would behave even when you were gone away. Everything was going well until one day you came home and found that the rat had shit on your bed. Now you know that its little rat brain isn't capable of understanding what its done, but it still makes you mad. If the rat shits your bed again you're going to take it out back and stomp its head in. Now you don't do this because you hate the rat in fact you are rather fond of it. You do this because nobody wants a rat that shits the bed, and because tomorrow you can go to Pets Mart and get another one.
>>
>>17040919
But humans aren't supposed to be "rats" in God's eyes but his precious sons and heirs which is the point. Why would you doom and entire race in order for them to pass some "tests"?

If God truly loves us and gave us free will, he wouldn't set us up for failure.
>>
Everything you've been told is part of a grand deception. Jesus Christ is Son of God and God manifested in the flesh. The trinity is what makes up God. You have been put under demonic influence which makes you reject Christ. Most of the world is deceived and placed into a mental fog and spiritual coma just like I was until a couple of moths ago and all of the other religions are part of Satan's control system to keep you trapped in your sin and disconnected from God. There is a reason you never see intelligent wise christians on television, the media is an important part of the system. You are actually in the end of days and we're getting out of here in the rapture and it won't be too late for you when we are gone but they are stockpiling guillotines and plasket caskets for the ones who come to Christ in the coming great tribulation. It's so awesome to know God, you have no idea how deep this is but he will show you. I have no idea how to reach you but repent and come to Christ, we weren't meant to live in this sick and corrupted world, we were meant to be lovers, builders, creators. I'm dipping out when that horn blasts I hope you do too.
>>
>>17041073
But what is the right way to serve God?
>>
>>17036212
that image sounds uncomfortably sexual and rape-y
>>
File: 1332895442717.gif (388KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1332895442717.gif
388KB, 500x382px
>>17040816
>implying my post was made by OP
>>
>>17039525
Because we are supposed to take and walk the example of how Jesus live.
>>
>>17040959
>he wouldn't set us up for failure
You need to know that God created man (or mankind) so that man will have dominion over all creation. There was a hierarchy evident in creation. God ruled over man, and man ruled over creation.
>>
>>17038030
Kill yourself Tomoko.
>>
>>17040959
>If God truly loves us and gave us free will, he wouldn't set us up for failure.
Do you think he's just going to take all the challenges away from you? He doesn't set you up for failure, it was you who decided to test him.
>>
>>17040828
people kill people because they are blind. Those people will be judged by god.
>>
>>17039253
>If you follow any of the established religions correctly according to their holy texts you're a fucking monster.
>hurrrr every holy text is the parts of the law of moses i don't like
could you be any more of a shallow nihilist?
>>
>>17039911
a lot of scholars believe jesus lived

i mean their evidence is kinda wishywashy but still
>>
>>17042696
What do you mean test him?

I don't get the whole idea of cursing an entire generation or race for something that one person or family did.
>>
>>17035987
Go back to reddit
>>
>>17042879
That's because their career depends on Jesus being a historical person. Hopefully that changes soon so I can stop hearing dumbasses say "Would you say Socrates never existed? What about Alexander the Great?"

I doubt it will happen any time soon though, but I can hope.
>>
File: mustard_seeds.jpg (135KB, 807x861px) Image search: [Google]
mustard_seeds.jpg
135KB, 807x861px
>ctrl f "demiurge"
>0 results
>>
File: 9.png (117KB, 1098x656px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
117KB, 1098x656px
>>17044733
matrix worshippers, am I right?
>>
>>17035961

it's hard to discuss christianity on /x/ ... positivist fedora tippers and satanists

/pol/ is a better place to discuss christianity and im not even joking.
>>
File: Pope John Paul II In Prayer.jpg (75KB, 999x1399px) Image search: [Google]
Pope John Paul II In Prayer.jpg
75KB, 999x1399px
The Church will protect you from evil. This is something you should be absolutely certain of.

You worry about it, you think it's creepy and wrong. But mark my words, if you are the kind of /x/ user I think you are, at some point in your life you will need protection from enemies not of this world. When this happens, you need to go to the Church. A Catholic church is ideal, but an Orthodox church will also work. Ask for sanctuary and tell them everything. They will protect you.

"Blessed are you, Simon son of Johan, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father in Heaven. And I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this Rock I will build my Church, and the gates of the Netherworld will not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven; whose sins you bind will be bound in Heaven, and whose sins you loose will be loosed in Heaven."
>>
>>17044684
But Socrates might not have existed
>>
>>17044956
Whatever then. Doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>17044955
Catholic churches aren't even what you need either get to know God and Jesus yourself if they lead you to a church for a little while thats cool but there is so much evidence that the church tries to hold jesus exclusive

nothing like beliving in the same jesus and telling eachother your going to hell for some petty belief

but i do agree to some extent
>>
>>17044978
>some petty belief

There's quite a bit more separating Catholicism from Protestantism than 'some petty belief.' Protestantism really is radically different than Catholicism.

Catholicism and Orthodoxy have a decent amount in common, though again there are differences.
>>
>>17044733
>yaldabaoth
>christianity
>not judaism
gnostics loved jesus
>>
>>17044989
>holding hands

Pretty faggy.
>>
>>17036217
>None of them contemporary.

That's kinda the point.....
>>
>>17035961
Because, OP, the god of Christians, Muslims, and Jews, the god of Abraham, is an evil god. Let's look at the facts;

He condones slavery, and even gives guidelines on how to go about treating and acquiring them (Leviticus 25:44-46, Exodus 21:2-11, Exodus 21:20-21, Ephesians 6:5, and 1 Timothy 6:1-2)

He condones rape and the taking of sex slaves as spoils of war in Numbers 31:7-18, Deuteronomy 20:10-14, Deuteronomy 21:10-14, and Judges 5:30. His "punishment" for rape is a complete joke. According to Deuteronomy 22:28-29, a rapist has to pay 50 silver to the victims father and marry her. A lot of people try to say that this is a punishment to the rapist, but the victim has no choice in the matter; she get's raped, then has to spend the rest of her life married to her rapist, and likely be abused further, while men with enough money have a way to force the woman of their choice into marriage with them by rape. Imagine you had a 10 year old daughter, and some sleezy guy raped her, payed you money, and took her away as his wife to continue raping her, and it was all sanctioned by the courts.

He has arbitrary rules with insanely harsh punishments such as the ones in Leviticus (can't find the specific verses atm) that state you are to be stoned to death for things like planting more than one crop in the same field and wearing clothes of more than one material.

Before anyone says "the old testament doesn't apply cuz jesus!", he clearly states that the old laws still apply in Matthew 5:17-19, Luke 16:17, 2 Timothy 3:16, John 1:17, and John 10:35.

Not to mention Christians go on and on about the "good news" of an innocent man being tortured and executed as a human sacrifice. Any other god, religion, or culture that practices animal or human sacrifice is automatically considered evil. Not applying those same standards to christianity is special pleading.

>source: the bible and a former christian who dropped it after actually reading it.
>>
>>17036211
>numerous historical records referencing his existence
[citation needed]
>>
>>17039159
Literally one pastor in the south made a comment and the media picked up on it.
>>17039153
A lot of people know it is the time of originally Saturnalis. That's why it was picked. There are many people that know it probably wasn't even his birthday. I was taught it wasn't in Catholic school.
>>
>>17036248
And yet the Romans, who were very astute in record keeping, especially in regards to legal matters, have no record or reference to Jesus (Yeshua), his trial, execution, or the supposed events following the execution.
>>
>It seems evil to me. Full of lies and fabrications.

no its not, the new testament is a continuation of the holy bible - it was the story of jesus from Nazareth and his teachings
it is possible that modern Christianity is not what it used to be

"the mother and the son" are actually an old tale from 5000 years ago but no one can confirm if real, they were alot of famous tales back then including the genesis flood which was told around the world
>>
>>17046093
these are special permissions during the time of war, only the 10 commandments are absolute
>>
>>17046205
>these are special permissions during the time of war, only the 10 commandments are absolute
[citation needed]
Even if that were true, that means slavery is OK just because you are at war? And raping the virgin survivors of the towns destroyed is justified how?

And how are the laws concerning the clothing or crops relevant to war time? What about Judges 5:30, where it talks about the "punishment" of rape? How is that something that only applies during war time? Either way, gonna need a verse that explains what applies to war time and what doesn't, because I've never found one, and unless there's one I missed that is absolutely clear about it, there's no choice but to take it at face value.
>>
>>17046318
Deuteronomy 22:28-29*, not Judges 5:30. Just mixed up one verse condoning rape for another.
>>
>>17046318
its because the king sought answer to how things are supposed to be managed in wars, then came prophets and scholars advising them what to do and in what manner to be absolved by the lord
>>
>>17046335
Still need some kind of source or bible verse referencing this distinction, because many of the verses I put forth aren't covered by the war time thing, especially when I have verses from several different books. Explain, in detail, with reference, how any of those things are justified, otherwise I'll just have to assume you are making things up for damage control. Also, still seems pretty fucked up for a "good" god to absolve people of committing rape and taking slaves just because they are at war.
>>
>>17046363
im trying to find it but can't right now, i know that the crusaders of Venice were absolved from all of their sins before heading out to Jerusalem and in ancient times there were no such things as red cross or International Court of Justice
>>
File: 222.jpg (71KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
71KB, 960x720px
>>17046321
maybe the word "rape" was another different word, and also yhwh god isnt always god it is actually a lesser deity js look it ip
>>17046196
Nice
>>
>>17046392
please do not read this name or publish it..
>>
>>17046394
you can say "elokim" if you want
>>
>>17046392
>maybe the word "rape" was another different word
pretty sure it meant rape as we know it. the context fits
>also yhwh god isnt always god it is actually a lesser deity js look it ip
lol that's a conclusion I've already come to. I'm also of the opinion that he's evil. His actions seem to indicate as much.
>>
>>17046093

/thread
>>
>>17046385
>in ancient times there were no such things as red cross or International Court of Justice
So the lack of oversight means that abhorrent acts are automatically OK? Would chemical or biological warfare, which kills indiscriminately and in excruciating ways, be any less abhorrent without the Geneva Convention?
>>
>>17046093
>old laws still apply

that's a really bad paraphrasing and ignores everything else in the bible that tells you the spirit of christ is everything. he wouldn't have spent a significant amount of time saying the pharisees were hypocrites if his message was "you should obey the words"
>>
>>17046538
Did you read the verses listed? Because those verses have Jesus saying very clearly that they are to still be followed to the letter, that they are not to be changed or excluded. He called the pharisees hypocrites because what they preached and how they lived and conducted themselves were not the same, they were guilty of "lip service", basically. Just a moment and I will quote what those verses say in another post.

>cont.
>>
>>17046548
>they are to still be followed to the letter

no again this is bad paraphrasing on your part. and again, you are ignoring everything else in the new testament that does not support your theory
>>
>>17046548
>cont.
Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.
For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:17-19)

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid. (Luke 16:17)

All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness... (2 Timothy 3:16)

Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law (John7:19)

...the scripture cannot be broken (John 10:35)

>but wait, there's more!

He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. (Matthew 15:4-7, Jesus criticizing the Pharisees for not killing disobedient children, after the Pharisees criticized Jesus for not washing his hands. He criticizes the Jews again for this same thing in Mark 7:10) Whoever curses father or mother shall die

(and in Luke 12:47-48, Jesus clearly condones slavery as in the old testament, saying:) The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given."

more slavery condoned in the NT:

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5)

Seems pretty clear to me.
>>
>>17046558
No that's rather good paraphrasing. see >>17046585 for the exact wording. If there are any verses that refute this, please list them. Though doing so would just show that there are clear contradictions in the bible, which would be even more reason not to trust anything it says. Not only is it clear about the old laws, but Jesus himself even echoes the OT in regards to slavery. A good and just got would say "don't take or own slaves. people aren't property". Instead you have a book saying you can beat your slave so severely that he can't get out of bed for a couple days since he's your property.
>>
>>17046585
oops, had some overlap on Matthew 5:17-19, and I seem to have gotten the "I say to you" part from 2 different versions. Different wordings, but still saying the same thing. "The law is the same until the end."
>>
>>17036348
Correct, if you believe Leonard Orr's writings on the subject regarding Hariakhan Baba/and Babaji and that Christianity is just a sect of the original religion aka Santana Dharma. The Amen at the end of prayer is a leftover of an original prayer that was a translation of OM NAMAH SHIVAYA.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (12KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
12KB, 299x169px
>>17035961
>>
>>17046585
if you actually read the bible you would know that in matthew 5:21 he goes on to emphasize what he means by these words and what is to be taken from the law. he only lists 6 commandments and gives a very different meaning to them. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5

if you understood the bible you'd know that the gospels are not a chronology, theyre different interpretations of the same events. there's no point in listing it over and over again in luke/john. i'm thinking you went into the bible with the intent of refusing it beforehand or just have bad reading comprehension.

matthew 15:1-20 is all about how what comes out of man's mouth defiles him, it's not about murdering children or whatever nonsense youre getting at here. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+15&version=NKJV

>luke 12
if you weren't trying to take these words as literally as possible just so you can feel confident in refusing them you'd know this is obviously a parable.
>Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; 36 and you yourselves be LIKE men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately.
jesus talked like this a lot. you'd know this if you read it.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke+12&version=NKJV

also
>jesus' words
>2 timothy
>ephesians

not even a christian & i do agree the bible has some contradictions/fucked shit in it (perhaps from a lack of study into their meaning) but come on now, why are you on /x/ with this much of a closed mind? jesus wasn't evil, whether he existed or not
>>
>>17046422
oh cmon now, yaldabaoth's not evil, he's just kinda dumb
>>
>>17038940
Go away, cathfag. Don't you have Orthodoxies to fight? or protestants to burn?
>"Only god saves someone from violence and sociopathy"
>Implying humans can't control themselves even though you cited up social Darwinism.
G fuckin G, dude; In essence, god controls all of our actions, but humans are to be blamed for their actions.
Yhwh seems like a huge dickweed
Fuck your foreskin eating Palestinian volcano god
>>
>>17039153
The only good things about Xtianity are literally just the pagan practices they kept.
They don't want to admit that their faith is a bastardized, Semiticized conglomerate of Jewry and European paganism.
They inherently hate the purer forms of their ancestral religions even though they took all the good things from it to prop up their platform of their Jew god.
>>
>>17039191
Tangrist detected. I bet you pray to the sunrise too
>>
>>17047118
That's because they think Jesus existed so they think there was a core Christianity that was bastardized by the Church making the church the enemy. They also believe that stuff that referenced Jesus was taken out of circulation by people who wanted to suppress "the truth."
>>
>>17035961
Because you are a kebeb ;)
>>
>>17047014
>if you actually read the bible you would know that in matthew 5:21 he goes on to emphasize what he means by these words and what is to be taken from the law
He doesn't say anything about the old laws being invalid in any way, but makes it worse by saying that mere thoughts are just as bad as the actions themselves. Did YOU even read it?

>i'm thinking you went into the bible with the intent of refusing it beforehand or just have bad reading comprehension.
and you would be wrong. I was raised a christian, and began studying the bible with the intent of becoming a preacher. I turned away from christianity BECAUSE I read the bible, and saw how much fucked up shit was in it and how much of a bloodthirsty monster this so-called 'god' is.

>matthew 15:1-20 is all about how what comes out of man's mouth defiles him, it's not about murdering children or whatever nonsense youre getting at here.
can you not read? your own link clearly states in 15:4 " 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; [a] and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.
how is "let him be put to death" not about murdering children? I've read the whole thing before, the "context" doesn't change the meaning.

>if you weren't trying to take these words as literally as possible just so you can feel confident in refusing them you'd know this is obviously a parable.
So slavery to a bloodthirsty god is ok. gotcha.

also, 2 Peter 20-21
>Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God.

Trying to rationalize and twist what is clearly written is also forbidden.

The contradictions and fucked up shit isn't from "lack of study into their meaning". It is straightforward and clear in a majority of the examples I gave. I never said Jesus was evil. The god of the bible is
>>
>>17035961
>255 replies and 42 images omitted
>>
>>17035961
>>17036006
ʾāmīn ; "So be it; truly" Amen is hebrew word you dipshits.
>>
>>17047148
>He doesn't say anything about the old laws being invalid in any way,
except he doesn't mention any false law you speak of. youre just putting words into his mouth
>but makes it worse by saying that mere thoughts are just as bad as the actions themselves. Did YOU even read it?
yeah i did. its an interesting idea. a lot of spiritual texts talk about how bad intention is just as wrong as bad action, it's not false.
>and you would be wrong. I was raised a christian, and began studying the bible with the intent of becoming a preacher. I turned away from christianity BECAUSE I read the bible, and saw how much fucked up shit was in it and how much of a bloodthirsty monster this so-called 'god' is.
maybe. you might just not understand the words though. don't let fundamentalist culture stifle your study
>can you not read? your own link clearly states in 15:4 " 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; [a] and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.
how is "let him be put to death" not about murdering children?
..he's referencing leviticus 20:9 anon, it's not the point of the sermon. read my earlier point of jesus re-interpreting the law in matthew. it clearly meant something else to him.
>So slavery to a bloodthirsty god is ok. gotcha.
now youre putting words into my mouth

i dont take the bible as one consistent, holy word anon, i don't care about the rules & regulations in 2 peter. i'm just telling you to study what these words mean outside of your bitter personal interpretation
>>
>>17047164
actually he was probably referencing exodus 21:17. i dont think jesus was that hot on the law of the jews outside of the 10 commandments, of which he only ever referenced 6.
>>
>>17047164
>except he doesn't mention any false law you speak of. youre just putting words into his mouth
lol WHAT false law? I was talking about the (fucked up and unjust) laws of the OT, and in that verse Jesus validated them, saying they will always be in effect. You're the one putting words into people's mouths, and trying to pull mental gymnastics to get around what is clearly stated.
>yeah i did. its an interesting idea. a lot of spiritual texts talk about how bad intention is just as wrong as bad action, it's not false.
oh, so thought police are OK then? It's a sad thing when someone agrees that a person's thoughts should be dictated and controlled. Simply thinking about hurting someone doesn't hurt them. The type of emotional repression this encourages is simply unhealthy.
>maybe. you might just not understand the words though. don't let fundamentalist culture stifle your study
I understand the words just fine, and the fundamentalist culture are the ones who are closest to the mark. Those like the WBC are the true face of what the bible teaches and encourages.
>read my earlier point of jesus re-interpreting the law in matthew
His re-interpretation is even worse than the original, and he doesn't go on to say anything you would expect a good person to say, such as "no more slavery, no more murdering for trivial things like the type of fabric you wear, or the crops you plant, or where you stick your dick". He says the old laws still apply, and adds that thinking it is now just as bad as doing it.
>now youre putting words into my mouth
That's the only other interpretation of it. Is it encouraging slaves to be obedient to a master. Who that master is, is irrelevant.
>i dont take the bible as one consistent, holy word anon, i don't care about the rules & regulations in 2 peter.
Then why are you trying to defend it? and now you are cherry picking in order to do so.

>comment too long, cont.
>>
>>17047212
>cont.d
>i'm just telling you to study what these words mean outside of your bitter personal interpretation
And I'm telling you that I have. You think I just blew through the bible in a couple of weeks and came to this conclusion over night? I studied it because I believed so much that I wanted to spread the message. I read the bible to learn that message. I should be a gold medalist with the mental gymnastics I performed trying to justify and rationalize the ludicrous amount of abhorrent shit in that bible, and when I wore out every interpretation, every explanation, and every justification, there was no conclusion left but one that made sense: The god of the bible is a vicious, deceitful monster that is not worthy of worship. It is an evil being on par with the creations of Lovecraft. He condones barbaric practices in war time, has unfathomably unjust laws with extreme punishments. He kills children for things they had no part or say in (10th plague). He demands animal (and sometimes human sacrifice, in war time) until one day, he wants the blood sacrifice of an allegedly innocent man by one of the most horrific and torturous means of execution. A human sacrifice that is now called "good news". It's sickening. And the mere fact that not only some of the bible's contents are plagiarized (flood story, anyone?), but then holidays and traditions are appropriated and called their own. It's an evil god that takes credit for others' works, takes it's stories from other cultures, and turns people into willfully ignorant slaves who don't bother to think of tomorrow because they always think the world will end in their lifetimes. They WANT the world to end in their lifetimes. The end game of all the Abrahamic religions is the death of everyone on earth.
>>
>>17047212
>lol WHAT false law?
the unjust laws of moses
>oh, so thought police are OK then? It's a sad thing when someone agrees that a person's thoughts should be dictated and controlled. Simply thinking about hurting someone doesn't hurt them. The type of emotional repression this encourages is simply unhealthy.
wanting to hurt or murder your neighbor is the unhealthy mentality anon. the point is that isn't where your mind should be and that is only good advice.
>I understand the words just fine
who's to say that you do? yourself? that means nothing
>His re-interpretation is even worse than the original,
how can you think this? "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" is better philosophy than turning the other cheek? you keep going on about the evils of the demiurge based on moses' law but you seem to be in agreement with them.
>and he doesn't go on to say anything you would expect a good person to say, such as "no more slavery, no more murdering for trivial things like the type of fabric you wear, or the crops you plant, or where you stick your dick".
this sermon wasn't relevant to slavery. jesus was making a parable for the pharisees suitable for the culture around them. it's not hard to think this through
>He says the old laws still apply, and adds that thinking it is now just as bad as doing it.
again, why are you defending hating your brother or wishing violence against him while going on this tirade about the evil of moses' law?
>>17047238
i dont believe you. you sound like you just read the god delusion or something. the amount of thinking youre putting into these word clearly tells me of your understanding or will to understand at all. as in nothing outside of the bastardized fundamentalism you profess to hate so much. as i said youre letting culture dictate your thoughts on the word.
>>
>>17047238

why are you blaming the demiurge for what political cultures throughout history have done with the bible (which is influenced by politics and agriculture in of itself)? it's a bit irrelevant. i do agree that the fundamentalist interpretation of revelation is extremely harmful though.
>>
>>17047477
Anon, there is no point arguing with him. Just let him be.
>>
>>17035961
iirc amunet was the chief diety in the old kingdom and in the berber religion of the time but then it became more of a title given to gods and iirc even some pharaohs
for example amun-ra, amun-zeus(actually a greek god but the ancient egyptians and greeks where good pals) amenhotep
>>
>>17047238
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

The best interpretation of the Bible is through the lens of the esoteric, which isn't the route most take. Literally reading the Bible is the reason for so many fundamentalists and atheists, because they read it as a pure historical book, prophetic book, and spiritual book all in one. It is a text of good ideas, but the seeming evil in it is due to the symbolic and esoteric meaning being hidden. There is also propaganda when it comes to the amount of people killed by the armies of the Israel and Judah, since they inflated the numbers of enemies slain to aggrandize themselves. Also the sacrifices and the description of the temple were meant to compete with pagan cults that existed at the time.

God gave man the Torah, which was meant for a savage and wild people. Then the same deity sent Yeshuah to the people as a way to live without the written Torah, but the one in the heart of man. His True Will. The next step was the declaration of man as divine, as declared by many traditions. Deus est homo. The new understanding is that the Bible is meant to be understood in the light of the "New Aeon" and not as it was in the days of Moses or Yeshua. One has the responsibility to do his will and nothing else, as difficult as that may be. Many have tried to attack this message, but it will stand the test of time. Abrahamic religions have a place, but they are not the sole arbitrators of Truth. Just a very well known metaphorical wellspring of knowledge.

Love is the law, love under will.
>>
Its amon not amen you retard it offends us when you mispell or make fun of our ancient history and ancient beliefs
>>
>>17035987
Language is descriptive not proscriptive
>>
>>17047681
>this goal post moving bullshit.

Seriously, what the fuck is up with /x/? Its like coast to coast all over again, with more christfag bullshit than any interesting discussion.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 320x320px
>>17035961
It's allahu akbar, not amen, you racist pig.
>>
>>17050144
>Christfaggotry
It's actually a fresh take on an old idea, which is solar phallic worship. Every culture worships the sun, from India to Japan. Every culture worships God as a Father. Same ideas erupt everywhere because people are the same no matter what minor variety. It's really hard to find anything new under the sun at all.
>>
>>17038711
So basically alchemy is Christianity, but more pretentious?
>>
>>17050711
>Every culture worships God as a Father.
absolute bullshit
>>
any good arguments to convert an atheist to christianity?
>>
>>17052532
either b8 or one of those things that athiests argue with believers of any faith so they can unconsciously be convinced that there is a God

What seperates you from the chair you sit on? Does your chair have percieved life? In this instance no, does it breathe? No. Can it have emotional intensity? No.

You, are you a living entity with percieved and conscious life? Do you breath? Can you have emotional intensity?

If the only thing seperating you from the chair is that you have life, the chair ia wholly material, and you are material with life force. Life force is spiritual, so when the body dies where does this life force go?
>>
>enabling autocorrect
What are you, an iOS user?
>>
>>17051301
Alchemy is a natural science that eludes people who haven't been illuminated by God.
>>
>>17052532
why the fuck would you want to do that?
for gods' sake, man, become spiritual, yes. if you have the balls, become a magician.

but convert to Xianity? holycraponastick. any self-respecting person seeks to go beyond one's limitations, see beyond the horizon, not burden one's self with more limitations by putting on spiritual horse blinders.
>>
>>17052589
Actually when you get to know Jesus he really helps you get away from the things that are harming you and other people.

That which is hindering my body is no longer and that which hinders my mind is clean and thanks to God as a Supersoul through Jesus Christ helping me get there was all a very great experience
>>
>>17035961
Amen just means "so be it"
>>
>>17052773
rly cuz op sed dat it ment dat u worshp eejippt so
>>
>>17035961
Because you're already demon posessed and they've wired your mind to be offended at the truth.
>>
File: ihs_monogram_gesu[1].jpg (3MB, 2425x1780px) Image search: [Google]
ihs_monogram_gesu[1].jpg
3MB, 2425x1780px
Isis, Horus, Set
>>
File: isisho3[1].jpg (76KB, 491x600px) Image search: [Google]
isisho3[1].jpg
76KB, 491x600px
>>
cross replaced with eye of horus here

interchangeable sun symbols
>>
Aachen cathedral, Germany
>>
>>17036202
Love is giving, give of your life for others.

Loving others as Jesus loved us (died for our redemption); being a servant unto others following Jesus's example.

All the laws of the "uni-verse" revolve around those above serving those below.
>>
>>17053722
There's no such thing as demons.
>>
>>17036506
>a = ox, leader, one, thousand, tame, what is first
>m = water, mighty, massive, chaos, abyss, to originate
>n = a fish, to sprout, offspring, life, action, heir

>am(e)n = what is first, originate, life

It is a blessing, but Hebrew letters n' words are like hieroglyphs

This is how it'd be spelled, there are no vowels, the closest are alef, waw and yod. (a/o/i/e, u/w/v, y), sometimes ayin.
>>
>>17038415
What is it?
>>
>>17035961
Consider the following.

This came to me last week when I was relaxing/meditating.

How can God give commandments/laws/rules to us? Think of this way, if an almighty, omnipotent God gives you commandments saying these are holy, and should be "up"held, does that make his still an almighty, omnipotent God? He obviously looks up to these commandments/laws/rules...

Then this begs the question, what is right and what is wrong? But that's the least of the issues I have with this notion of "a God that has commandments".

Hopefully this makes sense.
>>
>>17055217
him*
>>
>>17055217
There's no contradiction in that. God is Omnibenevolant. His instructions are Good, and will only be Good.
>>
>>17035987
kill yourself and burn in hell for eternity
>>
>>17055383
You didn't get the point of my post.

Next!
>>
>>17036021
Yeah but you still bothered to write out you're. I din't blame you though man. I couldn't let the wrong your through because it would bother me too much.
>>
>>17035961
god is real, don't hate.
>>
>>17055937
God is made up.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.