[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urban legends aside does the song Love Rollercoaster sound i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: ohio-players-honey-inner.jpg (905KB, 2788x1374px) Image search: [Google]
ohio-players-honey-inner.jpg
905KB, 2788x1374px
Urban legends aside does the song Love Rollercoaster sound incredibly unnerving to anyone else? It really puts me on edge whenever I listen to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etebeZDt7Eo

Unintentionally creepy things general I guess.
>>
>>17034091
you got molested while this song played and you successfully repressed all memories of the event but the music retains that frightening feeling for you.
>>
You watched final destination 3 when younger and carry the uneasiness feeling of seeing someone burn on a sunbed.
>>
>>17034091
That's your brain's response to dissonant intervals.
>>
yeah final destination effect and this and that song from reservoir dogs "stuck in the middle with you"
>>
>>17034091
lol, I've always loved that song, never thought it was anything but funky as hell
Can you explain what's creepy about it?
I've never seen final destination that the other anon mentioned, is it used in a creepy scene?
>>
>>17034309
OP Here

It sounds chaotic as hell to me. The melody is all over the place like a broken music box. The sound at 1:34 literally never fails to send shivers down my spine. The entire song is the audio equivalent of the uncanny valley to me.
>>
say what
>>
>>17034091
Are you a white southern preacher that time traveled from the 70's and stumbled on 4chan? The John Titor of faggotry to find this scary?
>>
legend has it that you can hear a lday being stabbed outside of the studio at one part of the song, its not in the remaster
>>
>>17034309
it's weird.. I read OP's post and started listening and got all spooked out.. then i read your post (song is still on) and I realize "damn this isn't scary at all, it is in fact funky as hell"
>>
>>17034091
Say What!...
>>
>>17034482
How in the fuck did a scream end up being heard in a soundproof recording studio? I mean unless the manager opened the door, stabbed her and then shut the door again. Plus the title is a dead giveaway since some asshole thought 'oh a rollercoaster, better put in a scream' and put in one of terror rather than an excited scream.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VlvsBtXdFok
>>
>>17037129
Remember the sliding door scene in Ace Ventura?
>>
I can understand what OP is thinking. The beat doesn't really resolve into the rock swing as much as stays in a holding pattern. The mastering is a lot of hard compression, bad shelving, no room and some straight to board guitars, because "it funky yall". Feels disjointed.

I mean, I understand what OP means but I don't agree with him. It's just a funk song.
>>
>>17037637
manager quickly stabs here and the.. fuck that I'm not watching it again. why did it cut away so fast?
>>
>>1703429
same here
>>
>>17037637
Yeah. Bands love to leave a trail right to their door for cops after brutally murdering someone. Especially when recording a lead single. I'm sure the entire band was just like "meh, chick is screaming she'll sue us but let's kerp recording oh darn she got shanked, but this groove is hot let's just go with it."

This is retarded even by /x/ standards.
>>
>>17037940
to be fair, they've always been coy when asked about it, saying stuff like "no comment" and whatever, but that's just to add intrigue or whatever around themselves. it was actually the drummer Beck who did the scream.
>>
>>17034091
Reminds me of Final Destination 3.
>>
>>17034091
I actually agree with you. The song creeps me out lol.
>>
>>17037637
I remember seeing this on ebaums when I was like 11 lol
>>
if thats creepy music then i must have swam through the heart of the devil

its like kids today have never played cello, depressed in an abandoned, dark room
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.