[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is reality a test for spiritual attainment? or is it just a fart?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1436228518993s.jpg (8KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1436228518993s.jpg
8KB, 180x180px
Is reality a test for spiritual attainment? or is it just a fart? am I here to realize the transience of material things and enter into the God-field or am I here because iunno leptons or some shit lmao? Mysticism makes intuitive sense to a truth seeker, and no one would doubt that there are some really beautiful ideas in it, but is it just a case of too good to be true?
>>
>>17032456
>is it just a case of too good to be true?
In a word, no.
>>
>>17032463
you'll have to give us more than a word for this to mean anything.
>>
>>17032470
>Mysticism makes intuitive sense to a truth seeker, and no one would doubt that there are some really beautiful ideas in it
What more is it supposed to mean? It's not just a scam people run because they have nothing better to do with their lives. Life is legitimately amazing sometimes.
>>
File: image.jpg (308KB, 960x830px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308KB, 960x830px
>>
>>17032483
Human knowledge is just one big metaphor for reality.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 465x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 465x415px
>>17032486
>>
>>17032476
post-modernism makes a nigga cynical

perhaps the compulsive belief in, idk, that nothing's as good as it seems to be, is a product of the human ego than it is of reality itself
>>
T.bh F A M this is a bad place to ask because it is filled with unfunny skeptic shit posters and role players. I don't know how serious of an answer you're going to get.
>>
>>17032508
>I don't know how serious of an answer you're going to get.
>much contributed
>>
File: 1447699836773.gif (39KB, 420x461px) Image search: [Google]
1447699836773.gif
39KB, 420x461px
one day i got really high and thought about this and the conclusion i came to was, quantum fart, god-alien simulation, or divine creation, reality exists. I am it, it is me.
>>
>>17032525
I actually like that one, thanks.
>>
>>17032525
That pics needs to be rearranged so similar ideas are grouped, instead of based on genealogical relation.

Void - Tao - Brahman - Logos - Allah - Ein Sof - Void

in other words:
void - non-person
tao, ein sof - 75% non, 25% person
brahman, allah - 25% non, 75% person
logos - person
>>
>>17032493
>perhaps the compulsive belief in, idk, that nothing's as good as it seems to be, is a product of the human ego than it is of reality itself

This exactly. The ego by its nature and its purpose, tries to keep us from experiencing true quality. Because we are not just ego, we do occasionally experience true quality, and the experience is often transcendental, moving, memorable. Great art, music, sex, nature, whatever moves you. 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' talks about Quality in this way, as an expression of the divine in the physical world.

I believe it is also why so much of modern 'culture', hate to even call it that, is actual shit. Ego experiences itself as separate, small, unconnected to spirit, and its function is to protect the organism by maintaining the illusion of separateness.
>>
>>17034388
>The ego by its nature
Speak for yourself, thanks.
>>
>>17032463
>>17032476
Oh jesus here we go again....another Tomoko.
>>
the short answer to this truth seekers is that our Christian forefathers were closer to the reality of our existence moreso than anyone
----
"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:"

blessed are those who mourn, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
>>
File: Holy_Fireurn-3_HUAM_51178_dynmc.jpg (49KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
Holy_Fireurn-3_HUAM_51178_dynmc.jpg
49KB, 400x293px
has /x/ ever heard of this?

http://www.holyfire.org/eng/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.