[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a stupid problem and I feel very stupid for asking, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 53

File: 1448688851932.jpg (82KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
1448688851932.jpg
82KB, 680x497px
I have a stupid problem and I feel very stupid for asking, but I'm at a loss on what to do.

I feel an interesting pull towards both the Norse religion and the standard Christian one. My mind keeps pulling me towards one and then the other, and then back and forth. Both are of my ancestors, yet I cannot figure out which one to follow. What can I do here in order to decide?

I can't follow both, so what do I do? I've meditated, I've asked for guidance, I've talked about it with family (who are Christian and slightly make fun of me for the Norse thing), and I've come up empty.
>>
>>17026195
christianity isn't bad, but tradfags are fucking gay so go with norse paganism
>>
>and slightly make fun of me for the Norse thing

And rightly so.
>>
>>17026195
You're afraid of going against God.
Their religion does a great job albeit primitive one of brainwashing people.
>>
Religion is just mind control for the masses, needless to day no gods are real. Don't bother, OP.
>>
>>17026197

Tradfags?

>>17026204

It's not really making fun of me, just them saying "you'll ask God for forgiveness in the end" and the usual Christianity is the only correct thing. That's fair for them to say and I completely respect their opinion, but I don't entirely know.

>>17026205

That is slightly it, honestly. I don't know what to do though.
>>
>>17026210
Accept it first. Do as my (I'm Finnish BTW) Norse anccestors did and say 'well if Odin will bring me to hell, so be it"
Then just accept Odin as a truly all powerful god.

In the Norse religion you would meditate on this for several days in thin clothing and strong incense burning.
You would spend most of the time doing so outside.
As well be certain to try and wake with the sunrise.
>>
>>17026210
I just think the whole Norse shit is absolutely absurd. I mean, do you really want to follow the faith of braindead savages that ripped peoples' lungs out of their backs for giving their wife some fruit? Those guys were fucking batshit.
>>
>>17026234
lmao where in the fuck did you hear this?
>>
>>17026234
All of ancient history was like that.
>>
>>17026234
The babble of Christianity and all other religions is no better. Don't fool yourself.
>>
>>17026247
It's obviously not a specific example, retard. But if you actually think the Norse were avid thinkers, I've got news for you

>>17026248
I'm not saying anybody else was much better, it's just as absurd to follow Christianity.
>>
>>17026233

So you're saying I need to meditate for several days in the cold and make sure I see the sunrise?
>>
>>17026233
>Finn
>wake with the sun
Bro the next sunrise is in January
>>
>>17026286
Then you should.wait.
Obviously.
>>
File: amonamarth.png (15KB, 846x589px) Image search: [Google]
amonamarth.png
15KB, 846x589px
If you're gonna go with Nordic religion, don't get too stuck on the gods, lean more towards the ancestors and local spirits, or else you might end up like pic related.
>>
File: vikings.jpg (42KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
vikings.jpg
42KB, 700x350px
>>17026234
>savages that ripped peoples' lungs out of their backs for giving their wife some fruit?
>giving their wife some fruit?
Well if he gave the other guys wife some fruit then fuck him. That is a perfectly good reason to rip some ones lungs out.

At least they didn't burn women that knew how to cure shit with plants and stuff.
>>
Celtic Paganism.

Look into it. They influenced both Germanic/Norse and Christian religions.
>>
So you're a basic white boy from the USA but since your great great great great whatever was from Norway you feel the calling of Odin? Ok, boo
>>
>>17026321

>amon amarth
>bad taste
It's like you're actually trying not to have any fun.
>>
>>17026195
DEUS VULT
>>
>>17026643
DEUS GEVALT
>>
>>17026195
Christianity is the only true and correct way of life.
>>
>>17026635
Death Metal sucks, it's just a bunch of noise.
>>
>>17026660
>thinks amon amarth is death metal.

Your entire argument here is invalid. And Amon Amarth is good. AND technically historically accurate. So you might learn something, while headbanging.
>>
>>17026195
Do what you feel is right OP.

I for one see most religion as a misused form of guidance, well intentioned at times but often abused due to religious authorities who wish to retain hegemony over others. Believe in what you wish, but do not heed the words of religious leaders too much.
>>
>>17026264
They were far more civilized than your shitty example you grade school reject.

Do some research before posting.
>>
I've gone into Norse paganism and haven't looked back.
Thor is great if you're willing to push yourself and work hard in life; but I focus more on communicating with my ancestors.
As a whole, it's more about standing on your own two feet than the whole 'I hope God forgives me today/I believe in Jesus so much' deal with Christianity.

It's your choice OP, choose a path and stick to it.
>>
"I can't follow both" .. sure you can, chaos magick for a start.. plus the best way to take religion is to mix and match all of them, since they are all basically linked and its only considered "wrong" because orthodox religion has brainwashed people via man-made churches into obeying a single creed.
>>
>>17026195
The nordic people were never really civilized until they became Christian, and you can't actually be a norse pagan unless you're prepared for serious cognitive dissonance reguarding things like the science of lightning. The focus of the IndoEuropean religions was explanations of nature.
>>
>>17026871
Christianity became the "one true faith" via genocide and bullying, just as they do today.. then claim the enemies they slaughtered were "savages" : this is why you idiots are a dying breed, we no longer fall for your dumbassery.
>>
>>17026875
Nice revised history, friend. In reality, that happened very few times. Generally conversions happened through missionary work. England was invaded by pagans who later converted to Christianity multiple times. The pagan franks that destroyed the Christian kingdom of the Soissons converted after Clovis belived God had granted him victory in an important battle. Norway began converting because of Olaf Tryggvason, who converted due to the prophecy of a seer. Christianity spread throughout Rome despite being outlawed until the time of Charlemagne. Ethiopia converted because their ruler was converted by a Roman slave. It goes on and on.
>>
>>17026871
>Nordic People were never civilized

Well actually, they were. They were very good traders and seafarers (river-farers?) and they conducted much of their exploits via trade, the whole "RAPE AND PILLAGE" thing was very grossly overplayed by distortion of history, and modern stereotyping. They did it. But so did ever culture.

>>17026875
Not really true. It's about 50/50. 50% killing, and 50% peaceful conversion.

>>17026899
But you are still being unfair by not taking into account that is how all religious influence spreads, and that much of it is violent to.
>>
>>17026195
You need bible study. Take some time alone by yourself. You must understand what he says. But what don't you understand? Ask here maybe we can help.
>>
>>17026957
I'd like to understand what proof there is outside of the Bible, that the Bible is truth.
>>
>>17026923
>But you are still being unfair by not taking into account that is how all religious influence spreads, and that much of it is violent to
Not really. The idea that Christianity spread through violence is a misconception that gets as overplayed as the rape and pillage of the vikings. They only really become prevelent when Europeans start sailing around, and most of those circumstances were either done by splitoff groups unaffiliated with the larger Christian groups (protestants in pre-USA) or downright illegal by the laws of the nation they represented (Cortez in Mexico). The majority of religious conflicts involving Christianity were either internal conflicts or Crusades in the middle east, which weren't about converting people.
>>
>>17026962
Then why did the one guy (cannot think of his name, want to say Jorge Bergoglio) get canonized? the guy who killed off entire Indian tribes?

And what about what Christians did to the Cathars?

And the Crusades (minus the first, as it was totally warranted)

Christianity as a whole has been equally violent as it was peaceful. It does depend on time period, yes. But instances of violence come from the very beginning.
>>
>>17026960
Prove why it's not the truth.
>>
>>17026977
because of adam.
>>
>>17026980
what.
>>
>>17026980
and satan.
>>
>>17026977
>Then why did the one guy (cannot think of his name, want to say Jorge Bergoglio) get canonized? the guy who killed off entire Indian tribes?
Jorge Bergoglio is the birth name of the current pope. If you're talking about Junipero Serra who was canonized recently with some complaints, he wrote that missions should be used to protect Native Americans from spanish conquerers, and they often did, because among other things the Natives living on missions couldn't be enslaved. The entire controversy is due to people not knowing what they're talking about.

>And what about what Christians did to the Cathars?
Cathars were (sort of) Christian. It was pretty much an internal matter.

>And the Crusades (minus the first, as it was totally warranted)
The second and third were both declared in response to Muslim conquest of Christian land. The fourth was held soon after the third becajse the third failed to complete its ultimate objective. Past the fourth my knowledge isn't as secure, but as I said, the crusades were about control of contested territory of religous significance, not converting people.
>>
>>17026195
Norse Christianity.
The Norsemen became strong when Christianity took hold.
The Norseman built Empires when Christianity took hold.
Keep in mind that pagan gods usually end up being killed by lumberjacks.
>>
>>17027002
Utter tripe.

OP, Norse paganism doesn't proselytize and Christianity bombards you from every angle. The fact that you're still drawn to a small revival tradition might suggest something. Still, don't assume YHVH and Odinn can be interchangable. The dynamics are much different.
>>
>>17027046
> doesn't proselytize
What do you think >>17026859 is?
>>
>>17027059
>gives brief, fairly neutral description of personal experiences
>"it's your choice"
Not that, obviously.
>>
>>17027066
pros·e·lyt·ize
ˈpräs(ə)ləˌtīz/
verb
convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.
"the program did have a tremendous evangelical effect, proselytizing many"
synonyms: evangelize, convert, save, redeem, win over, preach (to), recruit, act as a missionary
"I'm not here to proselytize"
advocate or promote (a belief or course of action).
"Davis wanted to share his concept and proselytize his ideas"
synonyms: promote, advocate, champion, advance, further, spread, proclaim, peddle, preach, endorse, urge, recommend, boost
"he wanted to proselytize his ideas"
>>
true spirituality is through Jesus Christ. God bless all of the nordic countries for keeping the cross on their flags, I think Christianity in scandinavia plays a very large role in the peaceful and innovative societies of the nordic countries, specifically Norway! Roman Christianity is pagan enough for me, good sir.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: S_reincarnation.jpg (18KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
S_reincarnation.jpg
18KB, 295x300px
>>17026195
Looks like someone is remembering part of their past lives.
>>
>>17026977

Thats catholicism not Christianity. Read the works of Tyndale and Luther, as well as the history of the Waldenses and Albergensies - Catholicism is an AntiChrist religion, not true christianity, which is more primitivism than the extravagant feudalism of the Roman Catholic Church - which is of the devil.
>>
>>17027101
Still doesn't mean he was proselytizing. Actually read what you posted.
>>
>>17027173

Spot on.
>>
>>17027178
He was cearly advocating it. Adding "it's your choice" on the end doesn't mean it isn't proselytizing.
>>
Catholicism. Great tradition, not too wierd and /x/ like, and modt of all, true.
>>
>>17027127
In Scandinavia atheists and the nonreligious are the majority

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

you're wrong. christianity can be alright but in too many places it's used as a weapon to beat down non-believers. morality existed long before jesus and it will exist long after christianity dies out.
>>
>>17027207
By that definition any content that isn't negative must be a recruitment post, then. Excellent logic, anon.
>>
>>17026899
That happened a few times? Obviously you haven't read American continent history, do you think the people living here before the Europeans came converted out of their sheer will
>>
>>17027223
It was clearly both positive and promotional.

>>17027240
See >>17026962 and the first part of >>17027001
>>
>>17027257
>clearly
>as determined by an absolutely-not-biased historical revisionist
Into the trash it goes!
>>
>>17027257
Sure Jan
>>
File: awkward_photos.jpg (83KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
awkward_photos.jpg
83KB, 550x350px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irvRLTIUjk8 care less about your stupid problem. Have a Snickers.
>>
>>17026195

Read the Bible, meet the living God in the crucified and risen Son. Pray openly and He will make Himself known to you by sending the Holy Spirit to minister unto you.

It's good to have a respect for your ancestors, especially if you're of European heritage (since the world has so demonized proud European identity). However, only Jesus will save your soul. There is no 'religion;' there is either the accepting or declining of the gift of eternal life granted us through the work of the Son on the Cross.
>>
>>17027269
>hey I joined this religion and I love it. It's really great and has all these nice things. But it's your choice though.
Yes, clearly.
>>
>>17027287
You can't have a proud European identity and forsake your folk at the same time.
>>
>>17027287
>It's good to have a respect for your ancestors

you are the problem with the world
>>
>>17027289
Yes, completely misrepresent what he wrote to bolster your weak viewpoint. Bravo.
>>
>>17027304

I agree, that's why it's necessary to respect your ancestors and care for your people.

>>17027309

I know, it's the current year, I need to get with the times.
>>
>>17027315
By worshipping a foreign god you've severed spiritual ties with them.
>>
>>17027315
i like how you're butthurt about living in the present. that's classic
>>
Dan you are a faggot
>>
>>17027328

God is not unique to peoples such that one can call Him theirs and another can call Him 'foreign.'

Beyond that, the ancient lore of my ancestors is exactly that: ancient lore. I have Russian and Dutch ancestry. Am I to worship Perun and Veles or Odin? What of my Christian ancestors? What of the primordial religion of my ancestors even prior to Slavic and Low Country mythology?
>>
>>17027309

Respecting the people that helped build this world so they could pass it on to their children isn't a problem.

People that don't respect their ancestors are the problem. You're what's wrong with the world.

So selfish and short sighted
>>
>>17027341

It's the current year amirite?
>>
>>17027351
everyone's ancestors were assholes and i'm glad they're all dead
>>
>>17027287
>>17027348
Quick question. Do you believe that your pagan ancestors are in Hell?
I've never actually managed to get a proper answer for this from anyone before.
>>
>>17027376

Before Jesus granted life through His work on the cross, salvation came through God's grace in the form of choice. He chooses who He saves in accordance with His Will. Thus, some are saved, some are in Hell, I cannot claim to know which.

Now, we are still saved by God's grace and we have a clear, single door through which we may enter into life: through faith in Christ crucified and risen.
>>
>>17026195
There is only Truth.

Be yourself.
>>
>>17027001
>because among other things the Natives living on missions couldn't be enslaved
a good man who agreed that people's lives are only valuable if they can be converted to christianity.
>>
>>17027348
Of course YHVH is. Worshipping him is no more appropriate than becoming a European shinto priestess. As for which god(s) you choose, if they're culturally relevant any choice would make more sense.
>>
>>17027287
where's the guy complaining about proselytizing now? i see that he didn't bother responding to this /x/ missionary trying to recruit more soldiers for christ.
>>
>>17027385
Interesting, thank you for sharing.
I've read quite a lot on this subject and the belief as is most commonly represented throughout historical works is that it is and has always been impossible for pagans to enter heaven. Most famously, Dante was quite distressed at this notion and portrayed what he called "righteous pagans" living in an uppermost circle of Hell where it's not quite as bad as the rest.

Since you were kind enough to answer my first question, could you perhaps enlighten me as to why you believe that the "grace in the form of choice" is no longer a viable means of salvation?
>>
>>17027399

All my posts are in the vein of what OP asked

>>17026195
>I can't follow both, so what do I do? I've meditated, I've asked for guidance, I've talked about it with family (who are Christian and slightly make fun of me for the Norse thing), and I've come up empty.

He's come up empty, implying he wants to be filled with something. He is actively seeking, and I am humbly preaching the doctrine of God's grace in Christ Jesus.
>>
File: Le NT.jpg (571KB, 1139x877px) Image search: [Google]
Le NT.jpg
571KB, 1139x877px
>>17027398
>picking your religion based off of 'cultural relevance' rather than what is true
>literally worshiping memes
>>
>>17027415
And you compare your drivel to some guy saying "Thor is great if you're willing to push yourself." Appalling.
>>
>>17027415
>I am humbly preaching the doctrine of God's grace
i don't sense a humble bone in your entire body. false humility is frowned upon by christians and non-christians alike.
>>
>>17027407
>could you perhaps enlighten me as to why you believe that the "grace in the form of choice" is no longer a viable means of salvation?

What I mean by "grace in the form of choice" is prior to Jesus' work on the cross, men were saved through God's choosing to save or damn them.

Now, God does not simply choose to save person A and damn person B, but has presented His Son, crucified and risen, to be chosen by person A and person B.

Rejection of the Son is the road to damnation, acceptance of Him is the sole road to salvation.

John 17:9

>I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

John 6:37

>All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

Just as the Father chose who He would save and damn before the cross, He chooses who He gives to the Son.

Pray for grace, that you be given unto the Son, and you will be granted salvation.
>>
>>17027432
>i don't sense a humble bone in your entire body.

This isn't a divination thread, but if it were, I'd upvote you for those great cyber-humility detection skills.
>>
>>17027420
It's about finding the best, most effective paradigm. Therefore culture matters a great deal.
>>
File: 1448843524555.png (315KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
1448843524555.png
315KB, 500x706px
>>17027441
The best remains the best regardless of culture; the best is always the best no matter what.

That is why it is the best.
>>
>>17027441
>best, most effective paradigm

>tfw Americans pragmatize spirituality around me
>>
>>17027434
So through Christ, God is handing responsibility for who is saved and who is not over to mankind, giving us the ability to choose that which prior was chosen by him.
Thank you, Christianon.
>>
File: odin.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
odin.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
Just gonna leave this here...

I would like to point out that the Norse pantheon, while pretty cool, is also extremely silly. Of course by the same token so is pretty much any other religion.

I suggest the church of Wombat. Acknowledge the creator of the universe is a wombat. Don't chew fruit stripe gum. Know that the platypus is the chosen being. Accept that in the afterlife every soul becomes a koala in a giant eucalyptus forest, but evil souls have less succulent leaves and only one sexual partner. Realize that on the day of judgement the Wombat will get into a bareknuckle boxing match with the Rainbow Zebra.
>>
>>17027446
>pic not related
>>17027447
If you think something conceived by people that have nothing to with you (and view you as their enemy by default) is more spiritually sound than what your forebears espoused, have my pity.
>>
>>17027436
it's not something i have to divine. i read the words you write and i see that you are a know-it-all, a person who judges others, and proud of your choice to be a christian. unfortunately, pride is a sin. you are not humble and if you believe you are, it's just self-delusion.

but be more condescending, it really represents christ well and makes his teachings look like a path to being a better person.

you can quote all the scripture you want but as long as people see your intolerant, over-proud, falsely humble, judgmental attitude, they will be unlikely to embrace you and as a result, refuse to accept christ as well.
>>
File: wi541fU.png (54KB, 919x737px) Image search: [Google]
wi541fU.png
54KB, 919x737px
>>17027464
Sounds like the true faith of the shit-poster.
>>
>>17027464
>Heretic detected
The Rainbow Zebra shall soundly beat the Wombat and reign supreme!
I rebuke you, spawn of the Platypus!
>>
File: 1443742418638.jpg (105KB, 720x385px) Image search: [Google]
1443742418638.jpg
105KB, 720x385px
>>17027465
>If you think something conceived by people that have nothing to with you

We're all God's children friend and the truth is the same no matter who speaks it.
>>
>>17027464
>>17027483
toaster strüdel xDDDD
>>
>>17027483
Repent, sinner, lest your eucalyptus leaves be dry and tough and your sexual partner be unskilled and have no libido! Let the Wombat into your heart! Earn your harem and infinitely delicious leaf feast!
>>
>>17027490
Oh, wow. You did a mighty good job there.
I sure feel bad, don't I?
>>
>>17027502
*holds up spork*

WAFFLES!!!111!!
>>
>>17027485
And which child are you? One of his "chosen?" No, we're not all the same. Quit spouting bluepill nonsense when it's convenient.
>>
>>17027467

Complains about
>a person who judges others

Says
>you are not humble and if you believe you are, it's just self-delusion.

Top kek.
>>
>>17027467
Dude, you need to chill those smokin' hot beans. He's not being particularly condescending or dickish, if you ask me. Sure, he's doing his preachy thing, but that's basically his job as a Christian. You don't have to engage with him if you don't want to.

>>17027504
Here is your reply.
>>
File: 1447289058692.jpg (3MB, 2865x3721px) Image search: [Google]
1447289058692.jpg
3MB, 2865x3721px
>>17027508
I'm adopted and no we are not all the same but we aren't all different either.

Universalism is stronger than tribalism.
>>
>>17027511
The difference is that they're not claiming to be something while simultaneously demonstrating that they're not that thing. Please keep up.
>>
>>17027514
wisconsin B)
>>
>>17027516
Of course you feel that way. You were robbed of your identity and embracing universalism is your coping mechanism.
>>
>>17027514
did you miss the bitchy response to me about internet-humility detectors or whatever? as if the ugliness inside of him isn't oozing out with every sentence despite his claims of being a humble christian.
>>
>>17026195
Well, the Norse religion would definitely be more your ancestors; Christianity was a Roman/Mediterranean religion made by a Levantine Jew, that was adopted by Germanic peoples of Northern Europe (which I'm assuming you're descended from) much later, during the Middle Ages, mostly as a matter of politics. So if you're going for ancestral religion, Norse/Germanic paganism would be the better choice.

The problem is that the Norse/Germanic paganism is long dead, and the writings available were mostly made after the people had already been Christianized. Oh, sure, there's Asatru, but AFAIK that's just an attempt at reconstructing what it might have been like, mostly based on those aforementioned mostly post-Christian sources and also updated for the modern world (so without things like Blot or any form of living sacrifice, whereas both human and animal sacrifice were definitely part of are known to have happened among pre-Christian Scandinavians).

So that's basically the choice. You can go for ancestral religion, but the available one is just an attempted reconstruction of a long-extinct belief system, based on things written down centuries after its followers had alreadly converted to Christianity.
>>
>>17027527
He had a sarcastic response to your mardiness. This is bloody 4chan.
Meanwhile:
>as if the ugliness inside of him isn't oozing out with every sentence
That sounds like something an arsehole Christfag would say.
>>
>>17027518
Show where he spat in your face or said he's super holy.

>>17027518
>The difference is that they're not claiming to be something

Acknowledging youre an asshole doesn't make you less of one
>>
File: Light of the world.gif (267KB, 512x400px) Image search: [Google]
Light of the world.gif
267KB, 512x400px
>>17027525
I willingly crucified my broken, dying identity for a new living identity in Christ.

Universalism has demonstrated its superiority over tribalism time and again; people want to love each other. Your coping mechanism is claiming that doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>17027543
>moving the goalposts
Pretending you're the opposite of an asshole while still being an asshole is definitely worse than being an admitted asshole, however.
>>
>>17027540
so your point is that his negative tone and hypocrisy is okay because he CLAIMS to be humble and loves jesus and mine is not okay because no reason. thanks for enlightening me, friend.
>>
>>17027553
When has universalism triumphed ever? Last time I checked, tribalism has reigned supreme since its inception.
>>
>>17027278
o lawd is that some post-youtube-poop?
>>
>>17027573
ur mom fag

universalism has triumphed because everyone has universally fucked ur mom
>>
File: Hov_rune_stone.jpg (262KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
Hov_rune_stone.jpg
262KB, 1024x743px
>>17027573
When the pagans all converted to Christianity you silly goose.
>>
>>17027539
Not sure where you got that information about Blot. It's extremely common in Asatru. Even animal sacrifice is still practiced by some.
>>
>>17027467
>>17027518
>>17027527
>>17027561
>This fucking salty gentleman
I am on the side of the fucking christfag because of you.

>>17027565
>so your point is that his negative tone and hypocrisy is okay because he CLAIMS to be humble and loves jesus and mine is not okay because no reason
Stop your fucking blarting and listen, matey. This motherfucker hasn't been insulting you. He talked his Jesus shit and then said something sarcastic because you're a gigantic arseblasted faggot. You on the other hand are directly calling him a shitty and disgusting person and apparently seething with rage.
>>
>>17027581
I can confirm this.
>>
>>17027385
So, you're saying one day after Christ supposedly rose from the dead, an elderly and righteous Chinese guy died and went to Hell because he didn't accept Jesus?
>>
>>17026205
Is that not the whole function of a religion, condition people towards useful mindsets for their community?
>>
>>17027582
That would make more sense if Christianity wasn't on the decline. Or if it was the most populous religion. Or if Pagans had disappeared altogether. Or if today, Paganism wasn't exploding in popularity. If.
>>
File: von Braun.png (656KB, 1134x800px) Image search: [Google]
von Braun.png
656KB, 1134x800px
>>17027606
Christianity is the world's largest religion.
>>
>>17027590
actually, only half of those posts are mine but if we're just here to shitpost anyway...

you seem filled with rage, yourself. you've said a bunch of nasty shit to me in the last twenty minutes including calling me an asshole several times despite the fact that i said nothing to you in the first place and didn't insult you a single time.

if i think he's a hypocrite who's being intellectually dishonest with his false humility while preaching, i'm gonna say it because like you said, it's 4chan. i'm not angry here but i do feel kind of sick when i see people extolling the virtues of christ while being petty themselves. you don't like it? oh well. keep calling me names all you want but the fact remains that the christ guy isn't humble in the least.
>>
>>17027594
Righteousness alone cannot cleanse original sin.
>>
>>17027606
It's not real paganism. Real paganism died centuries ago ago, what you see nowadays are shitty attempts at revivalism based on what little we know about their various practices.
>>
>>17027620
then why would the same chinese dude have been selected by God for heaven 5 days earlier, retard?
>>
>>17027630
if he didn't accept Jesus then he was never selected for heaven.
>>
>>17027638
i think his point is that obviously people in china didn't hear about jesus within a week of jesus' death. how could he choose to accept jesus then?
>>
>>17027638
read the reply chain before you butt in on a conversation cunt
>>
>>17027611
You are correct (but let's not pretend Islam won't overtake it very soon). My point is that globally, religion isn't Christian-dominated.
>>
>>17027644
if he the chinese man was righteous and had honestly never had the opportunity to hear the gospel, then he will go to his faith's version of the afterlife which is still hell in comparison to actual heaven. dante described the first circle of hell as the eternal abode for righteous pagans who could never have met jesus.
>>
>>17027613
>actually, only half of those posts are mine but if we're just here to shitpost anyway
Well, fuck. I apologise if I reference shit you didn't say in the following, then.

>you seem filled with rage, yourself.
Nah, I'm having a grand old time. Also, I'm absolutely fucking kaylied, so there's that.

>and didn't insult you a single time.
No, but you said some bloody horrible things to the christfag, worse than anything I've said to you, I'm sure.

>if i think he's a hypocrite who's being intellectually dishonest with his false humility while preaching, i'm gonna say it because like you said, it's 4chan.
Then say that insead of saying he's oozing ugliness and hatred and shit about his identity that would personally make me a damn sight more mad than being called an arsehole for being insulting and confrontational.
>>
>>17027655
>Dante
>His faith's version of the afterlife
Is any of that canon, anon? I would like to know where this information comes from.
>>
File: Buckley.gif (854KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
Buckley.gif
854KB, 352x240px
>>17027651
>My point is that globally, religion isn't Christian-dominated.

A plurality of people on the globe are Christian; it is literally the most dominant religion.
>>
>>17027661
dante is not canonical but he was definitely a wise man who is worth reading. the information i referenced is from the inferno.
>>
>>17027661
Not that Anon, but Dante's first circle was based on what the people of his day generally accepted. The way he described it, it looked a lot like the underworlds that most old religions talk about, it's underground and generally gloomy, dark and depressing.
>>
>>17027622
Asatru isn't larp. It doesn't need to be a perfect imitation of the past to be valid, just like any other religion.
>>
File: Thor's Defender.jpg (67KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Thor's Defender.jpg
67KB, 600x900px
>>17027679
>Asatru isn't larp.
>>
>>17027664
I think his point is that all in all, there are vastly more non-christians than christians.
>>
>>17026195
Are you me? I'm active as a working church musician and in other capacities, but I also do a lot of things with the Germanic paths - Heathenry, Asatru, or whatever your flavor is - including having gone to blot and symbel at a hof nearby. It is really tough because of mainline Christianity's stance, but once you reject the idea of religious authoritarianism it helps. If Jesus was anything he was an anti-authoritarian hippie preaching radical love & compassion.
>>
>>17027664
There aren't more Christians than non-Christians combined. Universalism hasn't succeeded. And it won't. It contradicts human nature.
>>
>>17026195
go christian.
2 thousand years of uninterrupted succession and the entire cultural legacy of those 2 millenia of european men and their rites and writings are with you.
>>
>>17027687
>implying there's not an endless supply of Christfag cringe
>>
File: 1443373623062.png (335KB, 870x1730px) Image search: [Google]
1443373623062.png
335KB, 870x1730px
>>17027693
Considering that all the Abrahamic faiths are universalist and continue to grow in popularity, your point holds no water.

There will always be holdouts like you clinging to the memes of their native soil, but the truth remains the same for all people, in all places and at all times.
>>
File: lf7-tu-quoque.png (217KB, 1600x1374px) Image search: [Google]
lf7-tu-quoque.png
217KB, 1600x1374px
>>17027706
>>
>>17027713
Jews don't hate Jesus. They see him as wholly irrelevant to their teachings which were the actual word of God passed down to men. Jesus himself believed that. Although he did choose to alter the teachings to fit his own personal ideas, basically making himself into an idol to be worshiped, clearly violating the 10 commandments if you didn't fall for his lies about being God on earth.
>>
File: The Christ.png (130KB, 881x703px) Image search: [Google]
The Christ.png
130KB, 881x703px
>>17027730
Do you know where the word "kike" comes from?
>>
File: >chosen.jpg (121KB, 1097x552px) Image search: [Google]
>chosen.jpg
121KB, 1097x552px
>>
>>17027730
>They see him as wholly irrelevant
Actually an uber-heretic, or a rogue disciple that got butthurt over his rabbi's offhand gesture, or some guy that close, but failed by a small margin what he set out to do as the Messiah, depending on which tradition you believe.
>>
>>17027730
This.
Jews and even the batshit Muslims completely dimsmiss the idea that god had a son who was also himself and then killed him for a bit so that believing in him would save you from something that beforehand you didn't need him to save you from if you just played by the fucking rules but now, for some reason, you do.
>>
>>17027713
>that image
If it's losing popularity, it can't be bluepill? That's your logic? Are you for fucking real? And you're using one survey as evidence? Fucking jewaboos...
>>
>>17027735
So choosing not to engage in the idolatry that is the worship of (Christ on on) the cross, means they hate Jesus? Nah, I think they are just sticking to the book they believe god gave them rather than worshiping some self-proclaimed prophet that came around later on.
>>
File: Blasphemers.png (525KB, 682x783px) Image search: [Google]
Blasphemers.png
525KB, 682x783px
>>17027756
Yes Jews hate Jesus and think that He was a liar, that is the point.
>>
>>17027754
Once again, the resident Christian reveals that he's actually just a /pol/ shill. Good job on hiding it for so long in this thread!
>>
>>17026962
Holy shit you're a retard, sure they converted the leaders but violence was needed to turn away the peasants. See the Saxons, frisians, Lithuanians and Balts. Hell even you're "saint" Olaf was so brutal and repressive he spurred a revolt against him, he's as well know for trying to create Norway as burning his enemies alive
>>
File: REMOVAL.jpg (144KB, 1171x882px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVAL.jpg
144KB, 1171x882px
>>17027763
JIDF pls go
>>
>>17027762
They don't hate him because as I said, he is irrelevant to their beliefs and their daily life in every way. You just can't stand that they don't worship him like you idolatrous Christians do.
>>
>>17027689
>If Jesus was anything he was an anti-authoritarian hippie preaching radical love & compassion.

Jesus said He is God.

Jesus whipped the money changers ripping off pilgrims.

Jesus is no hippie.

>>17027730
>Jews don't hate Jesus.

Read the Talmud. Google "Pantera and Mary" and "Jesus boiling vat"

Its some of the most wicked blasphemy imaginable, in the written accumulated teaching of the Rabbis
>>
>>17027714
That applies to you retard. Besides you don't practice exactly like Jesus did so aren't you just larping some truly moral papal fan fic?
>>
File: resolve.jpg (819KB, 1200x1583px) Image search: [Google]
resolve.jpg
819KB, 1200x1583px
>>17027767
St. Willibrord converted Frisia during the Anglo-Saxon missions m8.
>>
File: Degeneracy.jpg (111KB, 878x599px) Image search: [Google]
Degeneracy.jpg
111KB, 878x599px
>>17027775
>They don't hate him
>>
>>17027780
Better watch out, he's got a lot of irrelevant images left to post.
>>
File: 1306509494218.png (9KB, 261x547px) Image search: [Google]
1306509494218.png
9KB, 261x547px
>>
>>17027777
Nice quads, but what is written closest to when Jesus was alive never quotes him as claiming to be god. Personally, I think it was probably just a theological explanation for someone so in tune with divinity that he was called the son of god.
>>
>>17027777

Quads of truth
>>
>>17027781
Before him they were destroying the locals shrines and frisians took part and were massacred as part of widukinds revolt
>>
File: bagans rekt.jpg (566KB, 635x979px) Image search: [Google]
bagans rekt.jpg
566KB, 635x979px
>>17027799
>destroying the locals shrines

muh trees
>>
What the fuck has just happened to this thread?
There were somewhat meaningful conversations before, and now it's just degenerated into an argument about the Jews?
What is it with you people and Jews?
>>
File: Who's behind.png (33KB, 508x343px) Image search: [Google]
Who's behind.png
33KB, 508x343px
>>17027809
;^)
>>
>>17026899
>Olaf Tryggvason
Olaf Tryggvason converted his own people by the sword.
>>
File: >Pagans.png (64KB, 980x484px) Image search: [Google]
>Pagans.png
64KB, 980x484px
>>
>>17026977
>Jorge Bergoglio

Jorge Bergoglio is the current pope.
>>
>>17027810
>>17027809
>everyone in the thread is a Jew
>don't know that the others are all Jews, pretend to hate Jews so it looks like I'm not one
>this makes the other Jews in the thread think the thread is full of Jew haters
>they all become paranoid and adopt the same policy of pretending to hate Jews
>this further convinces me that they all hate Jews, so I continue my act
What if everyone else in the entire world is a Jew, but they are too afraid to tell anyone and thus are disguised as goyim?
>>
>>17027775
Your argument relies on just your word. Trust me guise I kno da jews. Is the basics of your defense
>>
File: Merchant ad infinitum.png (239KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
Merchant ad infinitum.png
239KB, 501x585px
>>17027837
Sounds a bit paranoid t.b.h.
>>
so is /x/ just /pol/ with ghosts now or what?
>>
>>17027848
Yes.
>>
>>17027837
>When everyone's a Jew, no one will be.
>>
File: HD version.jpg (1MB, 600x3200px) Image search: [Google]
HD version.jpg
1MB, 600x3200px
>>17027848
>>
>>17026195
Former Heathen, now Lutheran here:

I left because heathenry is self-defeating. Namely, most of my known ancestors are christian, so how is it an honor to them to practice heathenry?

You have about as much in common genetically with you last heathen ancestor as you do with any random person of the same race/national origin off the street, so why honor them to the detriment of grandma and grandpa?

Things I've discovered since converting to christianity:

Going to church is fulfilling. Heathenry wants to act like it has this with it's little 5-man kindreds and such, but it really doesn't compare to actually going to church and getting blasted by an organ with a room full of people dedicated to the same purpose as you.
When I laugh at heathens and call their religion "dead", it's churches and the church experience that I would point to first.

Christianity has a far more developed and rich philosophy than heathenry. I often joke that every atheist and occultist's arguments against christianity has been dealt with for at least 800 years; I'm not far off the mark. From Irenaeus, to Augustine, to Thomas Aquinas...you will never be done learning about christian thought, and that's before you even get to modern authors, like Martin Luther or today's writers.
By comparison, heathen philosophy is generally just repackaged Nietzsche and early 20th century racist polemics with old norse cultural forms and drinking games thrown around. It's a simplistic joke.
>>
File: WASP.jpg (439KB, 452x624px) Image search: [Google]
WASP.jpg
439KB, 452x624px
>>17027963
Well said.
>>
>>17027848
the real way to look at it is that every board is just /b/ with [topic]. It's always been that way, and is a structural aspect of imageboards.
>>
>>17027963
Good input. The church I'm currently active with is Lutheran as well, they're a pretty awesome bunch.
>>
>>17027777
>Read the Talmud. Google "Pantera and Mary" and "Jesus boiling vat"

http://www.talmudblasphemy.com/talmud-and-Jesus.htm
>>
>>17027464
meme-tastic
>>
>>17028006
Woah
>>
>>17028006

Wow.
>>
>>17028006
Skimming through a bit of it, it looks to just amount to "the Talmud says Jesus wasn't the divine son of God," which is like, well, yeah, no shit. Judaism isn't Christianity and, as such, doesn't worship Jesus as a divine being or the son of God. So? Is that supposed to be some big secret revelation?
>>
>>17028006
They can't keep getting away with it...
>>
>>17028397
>"the Talmud says Jesus wasn't the divine son of God"

Read it closer. They curse his name, wish for it to be blotted out, blaspheme him as a sorcerer, say he was a bastard child of a roman soldier, etc. There's hatred of him there.
>>
>>17026195
>cant follow both.
why not?
the norse did.
>>
>>17028734

Did they?
>>
>>17026195
Jesus is the way, m8. Take it or leave it.
>>
>>17028879
>Jesus is the way
According to who?
>>
>>17028889
According to the bible, which is a 100% reliable source because it says so.
>>
>>17028889
According to most scientists and philosophers who ever lived, dipshit?
>>
>>17026195
I was raised Christian and also kinda dabbled in Norse Reconstructionism as well, OP. I did, however, have a few problems with it.

Mainly theology. The Norse religion, like most other religions of the time period, was more an extension of culture than a separate belief system. It's difficult these days to have a belief system that was based around an entire culture's worldview (like Thor causing thunder and the moon being chased and eaten at night).

Second, there's not really a cohesive theology. Since it's a reconstruction of a religion from so long ago, what we have to go on in terms of beliefs and practices come mainly from second hand sources, many of which were written after the Christianization of Scandinavia. The way it seemed to me was that the beliefs and practices we have today from the Norse were just the fundamentals, and, like most new age pagan traditions, you kinda have to add in your own interpretations of ethical and theological questions. You have myths but not dissertations on the real heart of the matter and WHY they believed what they did. This was unappealing to me. I wanted a real tradition, not something people today seemed to be making up as they go.

Mystical Christianity is eventually what I found to answer these problems. Just talking from personal experience, but that's how I felt about it. There's really just not enough information and we're too far removed from the society it came from.
>>
File: Christian mysticism.jpg (367KB, 888x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Christian mysticism.jpg
367KB, 888x1224px
>>17028989
God bless you for sharing.
>>
>>17028942
>According to most scientists
Citation needed
>and philosophers
how are they reputable again? anyone can claim to be a philosopher.
>dipshit
how very christian of you. must be a pretty flimsy belief system if a simple question pisses you off so much.
>>
>>17029022
*tips fedora*
>>
>>17029028
>I have no good answer, so I'll just dodge the question with a meme
Nice try, but I'm not even an atheist. I know it might be hard for you to comprehend, but there is more than just atheism and christianity.
>>
>>17028714
Well, to be fair, with the accounts of miracles, if you discount his divinity and his chosen-ness, there are only two alternatives: he was either a con-artist, or a sorcerer. Also, if he wasn't Joseph's son, and you're someone who doesn't believe in the virgin birth, then the only alternative is bastardy, and a Roman soldier would be a pretty likely candidate for the father -- they were all about dicking young Barbarian women in occupied territories.

Fair point, though, a lot of it does definitely seem hateful. But, the thing to understand about the Talmud is that a lot of it (that wasn't just rabbis arguing with each other) was intended as an assertion of the correctness of Judaism. And, also, it makes sense that old Halakhic rabbis wouldn't like someone who says they're wrong about the Messiah and claims to be a religious figure that they don't believe he actually is. However, I wouldn't say that reflects the opinion of most Jews.
>>
Just go with Islam.

As long as you stay away from Wahabism/Salafism, you'll do fine.
>>
>>17029346
>Well, to be fair, with the accounts of miracles, if you discount his divinity and his chosen-ness, there are only two alternatives: he was either a con-artist, or a sorcerer.

Or a prophet. But we all know how the Jews reacted to new prophets.
>>
>>17026208
/thread
>>
Religion should be something that is from your heart, OP. If you have more of a connection with Norse religion, then go with that. If you believe that Jesus is God and you can only be saved through the Church, go with that.

It's good to hear other people's viewpoint, but the choice is a personal one. And you need to pick the one that is most important to you alone.
>>
>>17032497
>If you believe that Jesus is God and you can only be saved through the Church, go with that.
Don't actually go with that. For the love of any actual god that might have ever existed, find some other calling.
>>
File: image.png (248KB, 782x732px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
248KB, 782x732px
>>17026195
Pan-European paganism (Norse religion falls into this) is the true path for those of European decent. It is a part of our blood like Judaism&kaballah are part of a Jew's blood. The Gods are our true family.

Jung and others who theorized racial memories proves this to be true. Hell, real research is being done that shows every race contains their own unique racial memories in their dna.
>>
Well, I will probably be made fun of for this but I am outside and staring into the ashes of a fire I was staring into. Just smoking my pipe and thinking about how I have been feeling lately and my personal conundrum.

Nothing yet, but I have patience and will hopefully reach some form of answer soon. There's a small feeling like I am being retarded though. I'm not a religious person but something in my heart is being indecisive. I don't know.
>>
>>17026234

The "blood eagle" is bullshit. Made up by Xians to slander the Heathens.

http://ehr.oxfordjournals.org/content/XCIX/CCCXCI/332.full.pdf+html
>>
>>17026659
Islam is the only true and correct way of life.
>>
>>17026960
>I'd like to understand what proof there is outside of the Bible, that the Bible is truth.

Absolutely NONE. You just have to have FAITH!
>>
>>17027173

No True Scotsman... amirite?
>>
>>17026978

Jesus said that his second coming would take place during the lives of his listeners. Did that happen? No?

QED, bitch.
>>
>>17033959
Living your life is the only true and correct way of life.
>>
File: image.jpg (3KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3KB, 184x184px
>>17026195
>at a loss

Also, Athelstan pls go
>>
>>17033976
John the beloved already saw and experienced it. But for us, it means more time for us to repent.
>>
>>17026195
Stop praying to dead gods
>>
>>17026195
Look into Ariosophy, namely the work of Jorg Lanz von Liebenfels and you'll see how the two are connected.
>>
>>17026279
Literally mongrel tier shit, just like the stuff africans do today.
>>
>>17026859
Good work.
I found Asatru as the way for me.
>>
>>17027485
umm, Odin plucked out his right eye.
Looks like this cartoon is just wrong.
>>
Be a christian who finds norse intresting.
>>
>>17034606
I find Buddhism,Norse,ancient Egyptian,Sumerian intresting
>>
>>17027553
> tribalism
do you mean like Judaism?
>>
>>17027622
Sorry, do you mean like modern Christianity has much to do with the original Jesus.
>>
>>17032977
Agree.
I came to Asatru through a love of science.
I believe in the Collective Unconscious and the Morphic Field (re Rupert Sheldrake).
This means Ancestors mean more for you than only their dna.
>>
>>17034426
>Ariosophy
Thank you.
I like Asatru but did not know of Ariosophy.
You taught me something - reading it know.
>>
>>17026234
Literally only one documented occurrance (and I use documented loosely here) of the Blood Eagle was performed and that was by the sons of Ragnar Lothbrok on King Aella because he murdered their father in a snake of pits.

If only he'd known how they would have squealed.
>>
>>17026195
Christianity.

Norse religion is certified primitive.
>>
>>17034921
And by snake of pits I mean in a pit of snakes.
>>
>>17027713
Christianity isn't strictly European. God I hate pol-tards always making shit about muh culture muh heritage.
>>
I'm going to point one thing out though.

Everyone here claiming to say "Christianity is the one true religion" are probably following the teachings of Paul. Not Jesus.

Jesus's brother, James, even opposed Paul and in his one little section in the bible, he basically lambaste's everything Paul was teaching at the same point in time.

He never you know...names Paul. But c'mon. He directly points out that "Faith without works is nothing." And Pauls big thing was "Faith being all that you need."

And modern Christianity itself, is just Christ according to Paul. Jesus never, not once ever, said he was extending his teachings to gentiles. Paul is the one who (without Jesus' opinion) extended Christianity to non-jews.

>"BUT JESUS WENT TO HELL AND FREED PEOPLE"

The word used is "Sheol" which simply means "The grave". Which is pretty ambiguous, and we still don't know if that is what happened...it is also once again, according to Paul.

Just something I thought I'd point out, and that I find odd.
>>
>>17034959
My man, Norse MYTHOLOGY is one of the biggest ass pulls ever.

The only reason to warship it is if you're some sort of white nationalist who believes in holding on the past cultures. There's nothing wrong with that, just address it as such. Don't delude yourself into thinking it's any kind of truth.
>>
>>17034969
Odin (who is basically the Norse Jesus since the god is based on a living person) taught exactly what Jesus taught.

Mythology and Literalism is just distortion of what actually happened. Jesus turning water to wine is not literal. It was a metaphor. Paul being the one who said "NO HE LITERALLY DID IT".

Odin plucking his eye out, and Jesus turning water to wine are symbolism. All mythology (well, most.) is just symbolism. The process of turning water to wine symbolizes the wisdom Jesus taught. Water being the "empty" life, then being transformed by wisdom into "the blood" or actual life.

Odin removing his eye, literally just means he gave up something he valued but could live without to gain true wisdom and enlightenment.

Jesus, Odin, Buddha, Dyonysis, all taught and/or symbolized the same shit. Modern Christianity claims to know "the shit" but due to ignorance to their own history, most Christians have zero clue.

Jesus himself said "Hey guys, people are going to try and tell you they know me better than me, and trick you into going off the right path."

Paul may have been who he referred to. Since you know...Paul got to paint himself in his own image. Not Jesus'. And you know...James fucking hated Paul, which is what I like to call a "clue".
>>
>>17034959
>Paul is the one who (without Jesus' opinion) extended Christianity to non-jews.

I regret to inform you that someone has been feeding you bad information. However, there is no need to worry because a quick survey of holy scripture is all that is needed to dispel this error!

Jesus healed gentiles on numerous occasions (the Samaritan women at Mt 15:28 and the Centurion at Mt 8:13) and the messianic prophecies that Jesus fulfilled also confirm that ALL nations shall worship Him (Isaiah 60:3, Isaiah 2:2, Zechariah 8:22). There is also the prophecy of Simeon (Lk 2:32) where Jesus is declared to be "a light to lighten the gentiles."

Finally, let's look at this exchange between Jesus Himself and a Samaritan (i.e. gentile) woman:

>19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

>21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

>25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

>26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

- John 4:19-26

Notice how Jesus explains that worship will no longer be confined to Jerusalem but that all "true worshipers" will worship God in the spirit which was accomplished at Pentecost when the Holy Spirit descended and the apostles began to preach in all languages.

I hope this helped!
>>
File: t. odin.jpg (281KB, 789x435px) Image search: [Google]
t. odin.jpg
281KB, 789x435px
>>17034995
>Odin (who is basically the Norse Jesus since the god is based on a living person) taught exactly what Jesus taught.

Are you high?
>>
either believe in our lord and saviour tengri or allah the most merciful
>>
>>1703500
http://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/697/when-did-jesus-change-his-view-on-preaching-to-gentiles

He changed his mind after he died and resurrected. Which, to me, is probably not what happened. After his Resurrection we get into where all the distortion and symbolism vs. literalism kicks in.

The very quote you are using towards the Samaritan woman, may have been as the article says "out of necessity". He HAD to talk to her, and he was not going to be a dick and tell her to fuck off.
>>
>>17035019
http://www.wilmer-t.net/fornnorden/AncientNordic/HumanOdin.html

He was either named after the god, or the god was named after him. There is as much evidence for his existence as there is for Jesus.
>>
>>17035033
Jesus healed gentiles before His resurrection and the prophecies He fulfilled also confirm that He was sent for gentiles. What about this is confusing you?

Everything Jesus did was "out of necessity" because He was obeying the Father's commandments.

>Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

- John 5:19
>>
>>17035064
He did. He healed everyone he could. But he didn't extend his religion (which was Judaism. He wasn't trying to spread Christianity. He was Jewish.). In his religion, only Hebrews could be Jewish.

His father, was the god of the Hebrews.

You have done nothing to prove he was "sent for everyone". He was sent to do good, no doubt. But spreading religion was not part of it. He was trying to lead by example. But once again, his wisdom was for all those he spoke with. But his religion (up until his death and rebirth, which we already covered as to why that's not really reliable) was for the children of Israel. He said it himself.
>>
File: kek.jpg (228KB, 734x960px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
228KB, 734x960px
>>17035038
Yeah I know Odin was just some mean SOB who got deified.

I'm asking how much doobies have you burned down to think that saying Odin "taught exactly what Jesus taught" makes you look like anything other than a complete knucklehead.
>>
>>17035077
Jesus came to extend salvation and how many times do I need to repeat that the Jewish prophets which foretold His arrival confirm that the gentiles shall be saved through Him? Why do you ignore the words of the prophets?
>>
>>17035078
Prove he didn't. Odin (if he was human) would have been a chief or a priest. If he was a priest he would have taught quite a bit of what Jesus taught. Norse religion was NOT all about war and killing. That's as big of a stereotype as saying Jesus was a pansy who taught being super passive. Because he wasn't, and didn't.
The Norse "commandments" are pretty close to the Biblical Ten Commandments (which, are literally derived from Hammurabi's Code.)

>>17035089
>prophets
vs.
>word of god

Hmmm, I don't know. Maybe the fact that Baby Jesus' Daddy is the one who supposedly made the rules.
>>
>>17035110
The Hebrew word for prophet (נָבִיא) means "spokesperson;" what makes someone a prophet is that they speak God's word.

Speaking the word of God is literally the prophet's job...
>>
>>17035113
And Gehenna is a literal place, Sheol means Grave, and the Jews had no concept of the Christian version of Hell, Hell to them was being separated from god and non-existence after death. (Hint hint, wink wink.)

See? I know stuff to. And how could a spokesperson, speak the word of god, when the word of god (which is the Torah for them, right?) when the written word of god says absolutely nothing about Jesus being "My Son".

And how could they know the future without special abilities, when the bible itself condemns people who divine the future?

Dunno man, you're just digging a Sheol here.
>>
File: Hide Snowniggers.png (115KB, 1305x893px) Image search: [Google]
Hide Snowniggers.png
115KB, 1305x893px
>>17035110
>Prove he didn't.

Ok, all the evidence we have of what Odin said cannot be reconciled with the evidence we have of what Jesus said because they had radically different worldviews. QED.

>would have been a chief or a priest. If he was a priest he would have taught quite a bit of what Jesus taught. Norse religion was NOT all about war and killing.

Breh, the man who is remembered as "Odin" was obviously some kind of warlord and yes Norse religion is not all about war and killing; there is drinking too.
>>
>>17035124
Torah was written by the prophets and when Jesus was baptized in the Jordan, the Father said "this is my Son, whom I love."

The prophets did not know the future, they merely repeated what God told them to say.
>>
But you can do both !

When you get down to it, all religions have some idea of a unified divine principle, be it a single entity or a pantheon
But Christians have a kind of pantheon of their own: the Holy Trinity

What I believe is that all and any religions are compatible for the reason that multiple Gods of a pantheon are different expressions of the same principle. After all, gods are only significant within their own system, and when you take all of their functions and mash them together, you obtain a single omnipotent divine force

I don't know if I'm making sense, but it's like the Norse gods are another culture-specific expression of the divine principle, just extensions of the "Holy Ghost"

All their characteristics are found in the christian God, with varying degrees and expressions, because of the perception and culture of the people who worshipped them

In the end there is only one unified divine principle and pantheons are a way of singling out aspects in order to make it more personal

You connect with Thor because you connect with God the Warrior, with Odin because you connect with God the Father and the Omniscient, with Freya and God the Creator, etc ...

Am I making sense ?
>>
>>17026195
Why can't you follow both? Religion is the beliefs of an individual. You have free will and nobody told you that you can't follow both.
>>
>>17026234
Just think of all the batshit crazy things people do for religion today....
>>
>>17035126
You know that "Odin" was a name that came from "Wotan" or "Wodanaz" right? And there were quite a few human "Odins"

The Chief Odin, and Priest Odin, could have been different people.
I'm not even a Norsefag. I just know how to read and make my own conclusions. Saying that the Norse were more warlike than Christians is pretty idiotic, since they have the same track record of killing things in the name of god(s).
Including killing eachother.
>>
File: Remember.png (301KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Remember.png
301KB, 800x600px
>>17035152
;^)
>>
>>17026195
Rely solely on secular philosophies, like a sensible 20XX person does.
>>
File: Bonifatius.jpg (389KB, 924x730px) Image search: [Google]
Bonifatius.jpg
389KB, 924x730px
>>17035162
War is part of life and even heaven went to war but to say that Jesus and Odin taught exactly the same things is just embarrassing.
>>
File: 1443541971325.jpg (540KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1443541971325.jpg
540KB, 1680x1050px
>>17035169
(^;
>>
>>17035172
I think it's more embarassing that you can't see the deeper meaning beneath surface differences
>>
>>17035172
They kinda did. Jesus is just separated from "God" in that he is his son. Yahweh is a war god, and taught the Hebrews to kill, enslave, and take things to survive. Along with what Jesus, who was an extension of him taught.

Odin was "the god". He taught both violence and more merciful stuff. Such as the whole "treat the poor well, give charity." idea.

Why? Because despite their differences, all the human faces of "god" taught pretty close to the same stuff. You can't really tell me they didn't, since you can literally just compare the two.

The only differences are cultural. And in terms of culture when it comes to Norse vs. Hebrew, they were REALLY close on many levels due to their positions in the world.
>>
File: Brian_Blessed.png (451KB, 435x602px) Image search: [Google]
Brian_Blessed.png
451KB, 435x602px
>>17035196
You know what's even more embarrassing than that?

That you think the differences between Jesus and Odin are only on the surface!
>>
>>17035196
HOLY SHIT someone gets it. Jesus Mary Mothe r of Fuck. My Gods! Thank you.
>>
File: yfw.jpg (136KB, 1000x644px) Image search: [Google]
yfw.jpg
136KB, 1000x644px
>>17035205
I think the easiest way to demolish your argument is to point out the differences between pagan and Christian societies.
>>
>>17035210
Well they are. Since Christianity, and Norse Paganism were both distorted throughout history by the same exact people (Romans, and Roman Catholics.)

All religion has been distorted by the same people. My religion, yours, Norse religion, Hinduism, Buddhism. All of them. Why? They taught a lot of the same stuff. And even amongst themselves, the religions had to be secretive for numerous reasons.

Jesus had to be secretive because he was trying to go against Rome.

Odin because, well, the Norse (and earlier Germanic tribes) had to battle within themselves and against Rome, and later Christians. Except, we know that these Christians were not really "true" since they were just the same people (Romans who accepted Catholicism).
>>
File: 1448553043721.png (1MB, 739x952px) Image search: [Google]
1448553043721.png
1MB, 739x952px
>>17035239
>tfw bagans complain that Jesus is too much of a sissy in one thread but then in another thread want to try to argue that Jesus and Odin are totes the same
>>
>>17035225
>Christian Societies

Way to cherry pick and basically say "Let me point out societies who were ahead by hundreds of years vs. societies in the Bronze/Iron age"

But then again...Greece, and Rome both flourished as Pagan Societies. As did Egypt. And Carthage. And the Celts. When they were in their time. Christian societies were historically, built upon the corpses of other societies who had been around for centuries longer.
>>
>>17035245
What? I pointed out that Jesus was NOT a sissy.
>>
>>17035212
>>17035239
>>17035250
Arguing with this guy is pointless, he's just baiting you like a moron because he sees that you react, but I do agree with you

All of these are basically metaphors and they boil down to the same. Because of my upbringing, I feel more "at home" with the decorum of the catholic church, but I really don't follow the creed and I consider each god equally, as an expression of the same divine.
Tried to sum it up here >>17035145 but it got a bit fuzzy.
>>
File: 1448774719602.png (253KB, 336x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448774719602.png
253KB, 336x300px
>>17035250
If you want to claim the Greeks, Romans and Egyptians as an examples, why did they convert to Christianity? I can't seem to remember any Christian army conquering Greece, Rome or Egypt but then again my memory is always fuzzy.

Since you seem to be such an expert, perhaps you can help me.
>>
>>17035255
I'm arguing so that the people NOT saying anything, but reading it, will maybe have an "AHA!" moment.

Religions of man are just fingers on the hands of god. Problem is, we have control over the fingers and we have been smashing them all in a car door of ignorance for hundreds of years.
>>
File: 1448622016048.jpg (619KB, 1500x962px) Image search: [Google]
1448622016048.jpg
619KB, 1500x962px
>>17035253
Yeah yeah but don't pretend for one minute you stand up and correct other bagans when they complain about Jesus being a hippy or whatever.

You're more than happy to have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>17035264
Thing is, Truth is personal and so is Faith.
When you try to generalize it, it becomes a clusterfuck
>>
File: 1448490294993.jpg (273KB, 904x711px) Image search: [Google]
1448490294993.jpg
273KB, 904x711px
>>17035272
>Truth is personal

>2+2 = 5 but that's just me
>>
>>17035262
Not the guy you're talking to, just a passerby, but I think it's interesting that all those civilizations fell after converting to Christianity, with the exception of the Byzantine's slow "decline" into many nations that are now not doing so well.
>>
>>17035262
Rome converted because of politics.And because of religions competing for seats in the Roman government.

Greece converted because their traditional religion had been waning in the first place due to Zoroastrians, Mithra Cults, Christians, and all these religions had "apostles" trying to convert people. It wasn't just Christianity telling people they had answers.

Egypt's cultural religion by the time Christianity was around, was nothing like it was in their heyday. Egypt was the longest running civilization, ever. First the Greeks, then the Romans, and then consequently the Christians made their way into Egyptian society. Hellenic peoples (Ptolemaic Egypt) even inserted their own Pharaohs. Egypt "converted" because the Christians, Greeks (Hellens), Romans , had all taken over in Egypt over hundreds (technically around a thousand years) of years.

The Celts were literally conquered by Christians in around 400-550ish AD. But once again, that was just an extension of Rome's conquest. Not really Christianity. Celts put up a fight for hundreds upon hundreds of years.

Rome fell Right after Christianity became it's religion.
Greece fell (well by that time it was NOT Greece, it was The Eastern Roman Empire) fell later to a different Abrahamic religion (Islam)
Egypt was fucked over well before Christianity, after a very long running empire.
And as I said before, the Celts held out up until the beginning of the Middle Ages.

Once again, you're only looking at the surface of the issue. It was not something that happened over night. It was over hundreds of years.
>>
>>17035280
that's exactly what I mean
>>
File: 1448995624964.jpg (54KB, 704x430px) Image search: [Google]
1448995624964.jpg
54KB, 704x430px
>>17035287
Greece and Egypt had fallen long before Christianity m8 and Rome is still around.
>>
>>17035287
>get infiltrated by jews
>fall into decadence
oy vey I wonder why
>>
>>17035267
I always point out that "real" Jesus was a pretty good guy. Always. I correct anyone bashing anything, out of ignorance. Like you.

>>17035272
Point is, make your own choice by seeking the actual knowledge. Not taking another's word for it.
>>
File: 035ostrich-head-in-sand_468x538.jpg (103KB, 468x538px) Image search: [Google]
035ostrich-head-in-sand_468x538.jpg
103KB, 468x538px
>>17035292
>they converted for any reason other than the Holy Spirit
>it's just a coincidence that Christianity is successful
>Christianity is responsible whenever something bad happens though

>Celts
>relevant
>>
File: Roman Degenerates.jpg (3MB, 1248x5557px) Image search: [Google]
Roman Degenerates.jpg
3MB, 1248x5557px
>>17035297
>Christianity
>decadent

Loving
Every
Laugh
>>
>>17035301
You're an idiot.

I never said Christianity is responsible for anything more than any other religion. It's all equal in terms of good or bad. Christianity was just the religion Rome chose, and consequently the entire rest of the known world had to pick it since Rome ran all it in the first place.

It's not coincidence. It was literally because of Rome, that Christianity was able to spread like it did.

The "Holy Spirit" had nothing to do with it.

And the Celts, before Rome and the Norse, and Saxons came to power pretty much ruled Europe and even parts of the middle East. For their time, they were one of the greatest civilizations ever. Not THE best. But one of them.

And the Celts were also, later on in time,one of the big reasons Christianity continued to exist on into modern times. Stubborn fucks who, once they were converted were not going to be easy to de-convert.
>>
>>17035295
how you figure rome is still around?
>>
File: in_hoc_signo_vinces.jpg (434KB, 1684x1094px) Image search: [Google]
in_hoc_signo_vinces.jpg
434KB, 1684x1094px
>>17035320
>Christianity was just the religion Rome chose,

And why pray tell did they choose that religion if paganism was so great?

>inb4 they got tricked and they didn't actually want to convert but it was a big conspiracy that made them convert even though they didn't want to
>>
File: ave.jpg (34KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
ave.jpg
34KB, 460x288px
>>17035321
>>
>>17026195

It's up to you to decide, you should take time out to really consider both faiths as one you'd like to practice and hold close to you.

I will say this, there's sort of a backlash against Christian faiths because peoples are not really happy with it. They want something "more" from it, that's why you have lots of people who "pick and choose" aspects of the faith they do and do not follow, preach or even obey.

Last I heard Paganism was sort of in a revival in Scandinavia, so you'd not be completely alone in the Norse faith.
>>
gtg gd bls u alll
>>
>>17035323
Holy fuck you're dense.

Constantine converted and made it law. He suppressed Pagans.Constantine started out as Pagan, yes. But not traditional Roman Pagan. He worshiped Sol Invictus. Sol Invictus was a monotheistic religion that was pretty close to Hebrew/Christian religion in it's ideas over god.

So a guy who was already in a similar religion to Christianity converted and just so happened to be Emperor of Rome. And then made it law that everyone else had to convert, and destroyed old Roman temples and placed Churches over the sites.

People converted because Sol Invictus had been a big movement in Rome, and Christianity was not that different. Mithraism was also a big religion to and IT was similar to Christianity as well.
>>
Do it. I'm sure your ancestors will be more proud of the Norse side, seeing as how it focuses more on them. Who cares if people make fun of you? Maybe you'll get a cool nickname. If it's something you feel you have to do, then do it. There's a reason for these urges, you know.
>>
>>17026208
thanks edgelord
>>
File: 1448866424020.jpg (29KB, 324x256px) Image search: [Google]
1448866424020.jpg
29KB, 324x256px
>>17035351
I'm sure your sociology professor would approve of your post however you fail to explain WHY Constantine converted (and no, just saying "well the Sun worship thing is kind of similar so Constantine was just like whatever Jews are cool I'll adopt a foreign religion and make all my subjects convert to it because hey it's all the same anyway right?" does not cut it).

The fact that you refuse to acknowledge Divine providence's in transforming Christianity from an irrelevant Jewish sect whose immolated martyrs lit Rome's streets at night to its Sancta Sedes is proof that you still have scales over your eyes.

Study more.
Thread posts: 295
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.