[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought an Tokugawa era katana. I'm 90% sure it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: $_1.jpg (17KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
17KB, 400x299px
Just bought an Tokugawa era katana. I'm 90% sure it's cursed or possessed just due to the feeling I get from it when I'm near it. According to Japanese legend, when a samurai died his soul would be absorbed by his blade, as well as anyone he killed.
>>
Are the blades blessed in some way when they're created?
>>
so u got a little japanese man and many chinks and gooks stuck in that piecd of metal?
>>
>>17005583
Depends on the maker, but I'm not sure about this one.
>>
>>17005581
Should have mentioned. I'm not complaining about that fact.
>>
>>17005581
Photos?
>>
>>17005581
Timestamp photos of any identifying smith marks.
>>
>>17005581
Like in supernatural just pour water over the blade neutralizes bad spooks
>>
Just kill some unicorns with it... even 8 year olds, know that the blood of unicorn clean the soul of dead soldiers out of Katanas.
>>
>>17005581
Bury it OP before it forces you to commit sudoku.
>>
I don't usually post on this crackpot board but what you are saying may be real. Weapons can absorb some sort of evil. I don't know how or why but it needs to be neutralized for your own safety.
I have been an arms collector for 20+ years and have owned hundreds of historic pieces and handled thousands of guns and swords. On occasion you can feel the evil when you pick them up. I avoid these pieces because I don't screw with the supernatural unless I have to.

What I know will neutralize the pieces - holy water works but only temporarily. Burnt sage somewhat works. The best thing I've found so far is actual water from Lourdes... I know this sounds fucking crazy but I keep a couple gallons around for odd antique pieces.

Also if you hold a blessed item by the weapon and the blessed item moves erratically get rid of it (I use rosary blessed by John Paul I)
>>
If you think its cursed you could try sleeping with it under your pillow, if you have very negative dreams it could be an indication. But this could also be a very bad idea. If you want methods for clearing it let me know. I study East Asian art/artifacts, especially Esoteric Buddhism. Exorcism plays an important role.
>>
Lol what kind of retard are you to believe that legend? Being from Japan and actually being a history buff, I've never heard such retarded shit. Seriously, you westerners must be comprised of 80% autistic faggots, 10% weaboos and maybe
10% average iq asshats.
>>
Japanese artifacts are not my specialty, I know nothing of "cursed swords" but this is pretty common with antique artifacts, especially in Shamanic traditions. I know most of /x is BS but I entertain it just the same. Basically its fun. If someone is serious then all the better.
>>
File: ColtArmy014_zps6dd90aa0.jpg (43KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ColtArmy014_zps6dd90aa0.jpg
43KB, 1024x768px
>>17005838
How about this?
>>
>>17005581
It's the curse of the eternal virgin
>>
>>17005581
You made that legend up entirely.
>>
>>17005581
1000 folds to hold 1000 souls. Complete the sword. Collect more offerings.
>>
>Willingly you picked me up. Your first mistake. Willingly you drew me. Your second mistake. I do not allow my servants to make three mistakes, foolish mortal...
>>
>>17006181
gaaayyyy
>>
>>17005767
Dude that is so fucked up. What if OP was sword newb and you made him ruin a priceless antique?
>>
>>17005581
theres an old belief among the ancient samurai that its not the person that kills but the sword that does it, and that a samurai's blade becomes blood thirsty over time. its not so much that their swords are possessed so much as an animistic belief about swords in general, but particularly held about katanas made in that era.
if true the solution is simple: just dont handle it lightly but just keep it as a showpiece. keep it out of peoples hands or from being easily reached, for example by hanging it on a high wall while using a ladder. make sure noone has a reason to walk under it much so it doesnt fall.
and thats it. from there you can just let it be and it cant hurt anyone then. and you still have a cool ( possibly haunted or living ) sword. how cool is that? :3
>>
>>17005954
that gun killed 8 people?
>>
>>17006650
>17006650
right op you must be rich so just mount it on a wall in your big house all fancy

one day you'll meet that samari chick who does sword karati and you can show it do her and get laid
>>
Thats a nagasone kotetsu wtf
>>
>>17005954
8 slaves waiting on heaven for their master
>>
>>17007289
ummm.... how did you get any of that out of what i said?
if its the recommendation of putting it on a high ceiling i meant like just high enough not to be able to reach, which requires a) a ladder and b) somethinggggg to mount it on. the only expensive thing i mentioned was the katana.
>>
File: 26512357882345.jpg (38KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
26512357882345.jpg
38KB, 600x800px
These are haunted as well because they are old and japanese.
>>
>>17006650
Or you could be a rational adult and display it properly.
>>
>>17006629
Because steel instantly rusts, corrodes and disintegrates upon contact with any water.
>>
>>17006473
no u
>>
>>17005581
*looks up from under my fedora* Gomanzi fettuccine*does a karate bow* arigato Kimchi*nods respectfully towards you*
>>
>>17005954
Every time someone used that specific to kill someone it was notched, whoever owned it killed 8 people with it. Not spooky at all
>>
>>17006181
Oh fuck off you fucking freak
>>
File: gun control test.jpg (295KB, 1128x880px) Image search: [Google]
gun control test.jpg
295KB, 1128x880px
>>17007285
>that gun killed 8 people?
No, the owner killed 8 people with that gun.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
>>
>>17006181
This post GAVE me my virginity back. Thanks lad
>>
>>17008218
Yes it's much spookier how OP's sword killed between 0 and infinity people, especially with that bullshit story attached to it.

>>17008239
It's actually the BULLETS that kill people
>>
>>17005581
>when a samurai died his soul would be absorbed by his blade, as well as anyone he killed.
So... What about when one samurai killed another samurai?
>>
>>17005581
bro you need to be really fucking careful.

i also bought a old japanese sword a few years back, i diden't know what it was until 3spooky5me shit happened.

and i'm the biggest fucking skeptic, this shit is highly dangerous and changed my mind.

be careful as fuck op, there are some evil souls in those blades
>>
Masturbate on the blade op. Semen dispells any and all negative energy
>>
>>17005581
So what if a samurai kills another samurai? Where does the killed samurai soul go? To his own katana or to the katana of the other samurai who killed him?
>>
>>17008305
King Solomon come out of Africa with Meryl Streep to cut the soul in half
>>
File: kusanagi.jpg (13KB, 700x334px) Image search: [Google]
kusanagi.jpg
13KB, 700x334px
>>17008499
>>17008305
Well let's think about it like this, if you use an object that object becames in a way attached to you, the more you use it the more like you it becomes, there's the example of leaving your mark in a couch, but everything else is the same. The imprint of the samurai's grip and how he used the blade would be on his blade, therefore a part of his soul.
The other business is basically if a blade cuts through someone then it will probably be stained with blood and parts of that other person. So it a part of that persons soul, and blood is like the liquid soul, remains on that blade. (For guns there is no blood trace left on the gun, but just imagine the gun "remembers" the bullets that it shoots, and is tied to the fate of those bullets)

So long story short the samurai soul and be both on his blade and on the blade that cut him.
>>
Samurai swords were said to be contain a soul. This isn't a big thing in Japanese thinking because everything contains a soul or spirit. It's bullshit that swords absorb the energy of people they kill, and it's bullshit that it'd be evil even if it did. None of this matters because OP is probably RPing or just outright lying, because anyone who could afford a real Edo Period sword wouldn't be asking /x/ for faggoty paranormal advice.
>>
>>17008548
So katanas are actually horcruxes.
>>
>>17008568
Well you know how necromancers and mediums use itens of the departed to contact them. It's basically the same, the belief there's still "traces" of the person in them. And in many ways there are.

>inb4 OP bought the hondo masamune
>>
>>17005581
>According to Japanese legend, when a samurai died his soul would be absorbed by his blade, as well as anyone he killed.
>Tokugawa era
>as well as anyone he killed
>samurai pretty much nothing but bored proto-salarymen or exhausted proto-salarymen being forced to do a week long heraldic parade from his region to the Capital or Capital to his region
>as well as anyone he killed
Right.
But on the flip side.
According to Japanese legend, all tools are imbued with the owner's soul over time and are likely to become demonically possessed within a 15-20 year span. So yeah, there is a possibility of it being cursed, but it's not going to be interesting.
>having a sword that can do all your calculating needs or properly sort large stacks of paperwork within minutes
Actually, might be interesting.
>>
I would say that it's difficult to determine whether or not a haunted weapon becomes cursed during its:

Creation
>someone making it with malice/placing a curse upon it

Use
>the # of killings
>how the killings took place (i.e. was the weapon used to protect the innocent, slaughter defenseless persons, etc.)

Unuse
>inhabited by spirits as some sort of vessel?
>eerie feelings or "vibes" it gives off
>seemingly affect its environment in some negative manner

I'm sure there's more, just rambling
>>
File: everyday occurrence.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
everyday occurrence.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>17005581
At least you got it easy. This fucker keeps getting out from its display case every fucking midnight.

Everytime its out, it will always cause a fucking noise. Holy fucking shit.

Let's trade.
>>
>>17008608
And write self-aggrandizing poetry. Don't forget about that.
>>
>>17005583

The blades are crafted during a ritual
>>
This is easily the worst thread in 4chan right now

If the blade is cursed, you have to bear up 9 children, scream at the top of your lungs whenever someone tries to talk to you, and after you have had your ass beat 9 times for every child you beat up, report to ancient spiritual guru your local police chief And tell him you want to join ISIS.
>>
>>17008647
It craves sacrifice, put it to it's intended use and it won't be so restless.
>>
>>17008647
>steel on ceramic contact
Triggered so goddamn hard my dick is now dressing to the left.
>>
where do you buy old swords like that from? I'm a sword collector.
>>
>>17011333

The things are national treasures, does that answer your question?
>>
>>17005838
>I don't usually post on this crackpot board
>this crackpot board

>what you are saying may be real
>Weapons can absorb some sort of evil
>you can feel the evil when you pick them up
>holy water works but only temporarily. Burnt sage somewhat works. The best thing I've found so far is actual water from Lourdes... I know this sounds fucking crazy but I keep a couple gallons around for odd antique pieces.
>Also if you hold a blessed item by the weapon and the blessed item moves erratically get rid of it (I use rosary blessed by John Paul I)

The hypocrisy makes my head hurt.
>>
File: my katana.jpg (351KB, 1963x605px) Image search: [Google]
my katana.jpg
351KB, 1963x605px
Post tang. It looks like a cheap ebay gunto.
I have two Katanas, both are Muromachi period.
1/2
>>
File: IMG_0525.jpg (915KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0525.jpg
915KB, 2000x1500px
>>17011781
2/2
>>
>>17005581
There is no such Japanese legend. You are a moron.
>>
>>17008557
/thread
>>
>>17011799
thats true op is a lying faggot but the sword is seen as alive. the elements are used to forge it and in shinto spirits inhabit inanimate object
>>
>>17008608
>According to Japanese legend, all tools are imbued with the owner's soul over time and are likely to become demonically possessed within a 15-20 year span.

Pretty sure you're confusing this with Tsukumogami. It's 100 years, not 15-20, and they're not "demonic".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukumogami
>>
>>17011781
>>17011784
Nice anon, nice. You ever swing them around?
>>
>>17011784
oh shit that looks nice.
>>
>>17012198
>Japanese shit is such trash that it's extremely unusual for tools to last 100 years
I can glance around my living room right now and see half a dozen objects that are over 100 years old.
>>
>>17012211
>Japanese shit is such trash that it's extremely unusual for tools to last 100 years

No idea how you're getting this from my post or even the wiki article.
>>
Fucking weeaboo confirmed. OP please use the katana to slice off your testicles before you spawn more autistic cretins. Can't you agree that one of you is enough. Spirits in swords...fuck, you probably believe the ninja descended from tengu since that's a legend too.
>>
>>17005838
>Weapons can absorb some sort of evil

Why can't they absorb good?
>>
>>17005581
Personally OP, if I were you and I made this post, I wouldn't have gone with Tokugawa Era.

The Tokugawa Era, or the Edo Period, was a time of no wars; the entirety of Japan was unified under the Tokugawa Shogunate, the samurai and daimyo were kept on tight leashes by the Shogunate, the borders were strictly closed, and it adopted a strict isolationist policy.

Except for Yakuza shit and samurai Kirisute Gomen'ing disrespectful peasants (which led to lengthy court cases as dishonor had to be proven and the samurai would be in serious shit if he couldn't prove that his honor had been insulted), it was overall a relatively peaceful era. Violence happened, of course, but generally not with swords, as neither the commonfolk from whom the majority of petty criminals came, nor the police, used swords.

I would've maybe said Muromachi Era -- admittedly perhaps more implausible due to how long ago it was, but it was also an era in which actual wars happened. Or, better yet, you could've said it was the sword of one of those two guys who had a contest to see who could be the first to kill 100 Chinese people with a sword -- or generally, the sword of one of the soldiers who took part in the Rape of Nanking. That could've worked pretty well.

Though I also probably wouldn't have added that legend bit.
>>
>>17012199
Not really. For the most part they just sit there and every month or so I oil them.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.