[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This probably isn't the best board to post this in, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1446849781739_b.jpg (70KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446849781739_b.jpg
70KB, 640x640px
This probably isn't the best board to post this in, but maybe it is.

I've been always lacking in motivation on the earthly plane, mainly because I do just fine on my own without trying to impress anyone but lately I've been considering taking psychiatric medication. Namely Vyvanse and Abilify.

I took Vyvanse before and it made me feel like I could do anything but trying it again in the working world, I was motivated for a few weeks and then it wore off with more side effects than anything. I'm thinking my issue might lie in needing to stabilize my mood and focus to where I can accomplish things steadily so was considering adding a mood stabilizer. Taking it before made me better able to talk to people generally so maybe this would work out.

But I also feel like taking meds is a way to continue an ego driven narrative where I have to do X and Y to feel good about myself.

What are the spiritual implications of taking meds?
>>
>>17003621
Everything is conscious
But worry about th at later

For now, concern yourself with independent beings who dwell in your drinks

Also read the bible, it's all in there
>>
>>17003632

Yes everything is conscious. I've experienced this. Especially on shrooms.

>beings in my drinks

Wat?

>Bible

Wat??
>>
File: 1447979144379.jpg (42KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1447979144379.jpg
42KB, 800x800px
Welcome to yet another fascinating installation of THESE ARE PEOPLE!
>>
>>17003621
Are you using it as a crutch? What does your intuition tell you?
I had to deal with a same sort of problem
>>
>>17003621
>What are the spiritual implications of taking meds?
What are the spiritual implications of taking meds for pneumonia, STDs, or cancer? It's the same with mental illness.
>>
File: bloodborne-the-old-hunters1.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne-the-old-hunters1.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>17003666
>cancer
Caused by, you guessed it, conscious entities living in your blood
>>
>>17003661

Well definitely a crutch. Relying on meds to do work for you is a crutch. I've abused lots of drugs before and amphetamines were one because I felt like I could do anything.

My intuition? Well, it kind of says my brain is a broken antenna and needs temporary realignment to let divine inspiration flow through again. If meds let me do that then that's great. I get all sorts of great ideas for things but never follow through because of negative thoughts or depression.
>>
File: abilify.jpg (31KB, 233x350px) Image search: [Google]
abilify.jpg
31KB, 233x350px
>>17003621
>Vyvanse and Abilify
What a strange combination. an amphetamine and an antipsychotic, not usually prescribed together..

If you are just low on energy, sure take amphetamines, but if you are vulnerable to psychosis like a prescription of abilify suggests, of course, don't take vyvanse or adderal, cause they can actually trigger psychosis.

And if you aren't suffering from psychosis, why would you take an antipsychotic like abilify?
>>
>>17003684

Abilify seems to make my moods more stable, where I can hit that sweet spot of no self consciousness and hold it, instead of getting swept away by whatever thoughts enter my mind.
>>
Then again I do agree it may not be necessary. When I took it it was for maybe 2 weeks and I definitely don't have schizophrenia.
>>
>>17003695
Try out mindfulness maybe, but I wouldn't take something strong and quite dangerous like an antipsychotic for just mood stabilization. I realize in the usa they give those out like candies, but still.. neuroleptica are kind of the last solution to schizophrenia, not something you just take for mood stabilization. But if you don't feel any sideeffects maybe your lucky and can take them, but in my experience those fuckers change you, and not in a good way..

Ever tried out mindfulness?
>>
>>17003621

Hey this might be a weird question but do you have a Nonverbal learning disorder? Because I do and I think I can relate to a lot of what you're saying.

And, this might sound weird because I'm pretty high right now, but I think we also have similar writing styles? When you were a kid, did you ever get yelled at for having like a 'tone' or 'attitude' problem or anything like that, even when you didn't mean to?
>>
>>17003717

Yes, definitely. But then again, my mother was crazy. Intellectually I've got social shit down to the subtlest nuance but in practice I mostly don't give a shit. I feel like the meds helped at one point to bring it into practice but now at age 23 I've settled into being content all alone.
>>
>>17003744

What I mean by that is my only parent wasn't a reliable mirror for my behavior.

But yes, many people seem to misunderstand my intentions based on my body language and shit it seems.
>>
>>17003621
Yes you are basically fucked if you think like this... meds dont help you, you just profit someone else and they fuck you in the long run. Find answers from yourself, meditate, and find optimism in everything you do, no matter what anyone says, dont listen to their bullshit. In a month of positive reinforcement you will be on your way to being normal again. This takes patience, perseverance, and persistence. Don't tell anyone about your problems like its the "END ALL" because its not, your just questioning a fault and your over exaderating it in hopes that your childish actions will somehow magical fix your shit.. it wont, they will take it for weakness and prescribe you more bullshit medication and ruin you life even more. All the answers you seek are on the internet, from kind genuine people, and from yourself ultimately - listen to the voice in your head (at first its chaotic but with time and positive thinking you will turn it into wonders)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.