[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird shit you remember from being a kid. We've all seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: R Steadman .jpg (297KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
R Steadman .jpg
297KB, 500x714px
Weird shit you remember from being a kid.

We've all seen the posts about creepy things kids say, but what are some things you've said, done or thought that looking back as an adult seem weird to you?

I can remember being probably 3-4 years old and thinking with no fear whatsoever, about killing myself to get to heaven. I remember looking at the knives in the kitchen and just thinking "yeah, why wouldn't I want to die? Heaven is awesome"

Other than that, I can also remember a theory I had that since we all have the power to create and destroy life, that we all must be God. The Bible says God created us in his image and we create babies in our image so we must be.

Just a lot of weird, philosophical ideas that shouldn't be knocking around inside the mind of a child.

Were you ever a weird kid?
>>
>>17001044
I constantly thought about how easy it was to kill family, pets, friends etc but obviously never went through with it. Always thought about ways I could do it. Don't think like that anymore though.
>>
>>17001044
I've always thought God is all of our collective consciousness combined.
>>
>>17001060
No, that's Goddess
>>
i remember pushing a kid my age off a cliff
>>
IDK. we were in this big tackle pile on the football field. And this guy gave me this drink that suppose to keep you from getting thirsty. It mad me sick. So In this big pile and About to hurl, And the guy from the other team is trapped in the pile with his face right below me. looking up at me. He starts screaming and carrying on, guess you had to be there, shit was hilarious, I didn't puke on him.
>>
Another time they tipped the pile and I just barley turned my leg at the last second our I would have been all kinds of messed up.
>>
>>17001044
i used to talk a lot about aliens.. i were
like crazy.. i really saw them everywere and one
day i told my mom that i am going to kill everyone
because one of the aliens in my dreams
told me so and if i wont they will kill me..
>>
>>17001044
Man this one time i was with my childhood friend and we were watching his dad watch tv from outside his house and this episode of goose bumps was on of this guy who got his skin stolen off by a skeleton that wore it arround say he was him, shit spooked me for lyfe
>>
I remember when I was like 6 years old. My grandma had this big house and I was there playing on the backyard. After playing for a while I started feeling and all of sudden I=my body was paralyzed. I looked up and I saw this ship over me, that's when I lost consciousness. Next thing I know, I'm in my bed screaming because I had a "nightmare".

This is one of the fewest memories I have from when I was a kid. And to this day I don't know how I got home that day or if any of that really happened.
>>
>>17001057
I also used to get that "call of the void" and it scared the shit out of me. Like, a dog would be laying around and I'd imagine stepping on its head. It made me feel terrible and scared of myself. Even recently, like I was holding a baby and imagined dropping it.
>>
>>17001081
>he gave me this drink that's supposed to keep you from getting thirsty, but it made me mad sick
He gave you tap water?
>>
na it was called rite-thirst our something. he told me not to drink so much. Same guy borwed my cheech and chong tape and moved away.
>>
>>17001116
lol
>>
>>17001103
I don't think I'm exactly a sociopath because of it either. Perhaps narcissistic?
>>
I didn't have any real bad thoughts till couple years ago, I blame 4 chan. Some guy spent a month telling horrible cut downs about mommas on /v/. took a year to get over that.
>>
>>17001129
how is that a sociopath. I think you guys throw around a bunch of words that mean nothing, like autist,sociopath,narrsacist
>>
>>17001129
I think it's pretty common. There are severe cases of it that are less common though. There's an episode of radiolab where they talk to a guy that had constant thoughts about killing his wife. It's pretty interesting. I think the episode is just called "thoughts" or something like that.
>>
>>17001141
yeah like get a degree. every ones an amateur psychiatrist.
>>
>>17001103
I still get these kind of thoughts all the time, and I did as a kid too. I'll be driving a car full of people and thing 'what would happen if I just crashed and killed everyone' and really sudden dark thoughts. As a kid they were worse, and I always thought I was damaged or something when I was little.
>>
>>17001044
Funny you ask OP. I can remember pretty much my entire life from day one. its a curse and a blessing. I say curse because other peoples memories are not as good so I often find myself arguing with people over what happened. When I was a child I ate a candy. This was a candy that was orange and round. When my 5 year old teeth bit into it HOLY SHIT the taste was horrible. As I am spitting what is obviously a spoiled candy (ibuprofen) my mother ,who is making popcorn balls yum she always adds food coloring to make colored popcorn balls she is the best, asks me what is wrong and ask if I was eating stuff off the floor. Of course i shake my head no trying not to make horrible faces of disgust as the bad candy taste makes its way down my throat. Godzilla (not sure which one) was on in the other room and the smell of bacon was in the air. Bacon and popcorn balls were always my favorite snack. They arent that common together but don't knock it till you try it. As I sit down with my bacon and popc....
>Vomit.jpg
Until four years ago my mother did not know what made me vomit. I told her and she dropped her drink due to the detail of my story. I can explain the layout of houses I lived in when I was an infant.

>why and how can some people remember back so far but not others?
>>
>>17001044
I wanted to hurt myself because my parents wouldn't pay attention to me (they gave their attention to my younger siblings.) At first, it was a tiny cut on my finger, that a showed to them, crying that it hurt, but that wasn't enough. My friend broke her arm on the monkey bars (monkey fight, she landed wrong), and that got me thinking that if I had a broken arm they would only give their attention to me! *Note, I take Judo* One time during Judo practice, the instructure introduced a new student, he was rather large, and I was small. So him and myself got to spar, and I honestly can't say whether it was accidential, or on purse, but he landed hard on my ankle. My quest for attention satisfied, I moved on.
>>
>>17001103
>>17001368

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrusive_thought
>>
>>17001571
This only lists :
1.1 Aggressive thoughts
1.2 Sexual thoughts
1.3 Religious thoughts

I've had a few occasions where I've got a proper fear that the world was going to end like any minute, like a big impact was about to happen, or that the rumble of a plane going over was actually a wall of water heading my way.

Also massive urges to just open the car door at high speeds as a passenger.
>>
weird dream. no visuals, more like a feeling which tended to be bad(?) cannot really explain. used to get this dream 4 or 5 times a week. stopped when i hit puberty. ff be 23 still get it 1-2 times a year

also me wanting to jump off every high building i went
>>
>>17001067
haha when i was in preschool i was at this kids house
and i was trying to get him to jump down a set of stairs,
>he wouldn't jump
>i push him down the stairs
>breaks his leg
>walked past him
>starting jumping on mini trampoline in his basement
didnt even think i did anything wrong
>>
Heaven is a religious concept.

/his/ is the board you need to post this on.
>>
>>17001885
why the fuck are you in every thread dude?
>>
Sounds like me to a t. Kinda scary actually. Other than those things, I can only think of three experiences that were weird.
When I was very young my father sat me down and said "Son, every time you do something wrong, Jesus puts an invisible cross on your chest. You can see it, but it's there." After that I was afraid to do anything wrong because of the cross that would show up. But it was only recently that I was talking with my family about it, and found out that my father hasn't said anything of the sort, nor had anyone else in my family.
When I was younger, I would do some minor sleep walking. I would fall asleep during a movie, so when it was over my parents would tell me to get up and go to bed. I would stand up, open my eyes, mumble "ok" and go to bed. In the morning, the last thing I'd remember is watching a movie. This happened several times, but it still doesn't change what happened one night. My mother doesn't sleep well, so she would wake up during the middle of the night and check on me and my sister before she tried to fall back asleep. One night she began heading towards my room when she started hearing a sound. When she arrived at my door she saw me lying down, speaking in a foreign language, like Hebrew, she said. I do not remember doing this, nor do I know Hebrew or any other similar languages.
>>
>>17001948
Because he's a needy attention seeking asshole, why else?
>>
When I was a teenager, I had a bunk bed. I would sleep on the bottom mattress sometimes, and on the night in question, that's where I was. I was drifting off to sleep one night when suddenly I became incredibly frightened. I have never experienced that level of terror before, or after that experience. I was just lying there, paralyzed with sheer fear. I tried to figure out why I was so frightened. I began making up reasons as to why I was so frightened, just so I could have something to hold on to. I wondered if my bunk bed was falling down on me, or if a demon had entered the room, etc. I could not figure it out, and eventually the fear subsided. I woke up my family and discussed it with them, and my sister confessed that she had been told to look up a particular bible verse at the same time of my little freak out. She looked it up and it spoke of love, though I cannot remember any further details. I have never had a similar experience since then.
Last one
>>
>>17001959
>Doing the janitors job
No you're not. You're just being a stupid fuck. Nobody is impressed.
>>
>>17001885
Because I used the word heaven? The story isnt about heaven. It's about me as a kid thinking weird shit.

It's like telling me my post belongs in /k/ because I mentioned knives.
>>
>>17002488
Ignore him. He's a butthurt fuck who's mad that his religious trollbait threads are being deleted, so now he wants to get all the threads that mention religion deleted so he can cry about how much he's being "persecuted".
>>
I used to take baths in my mom's bathroom. She would come in and out every so often to do various things. One time, as I heard her coming back in, I turned upside down in the water to pretend I was dead. Really freaked her out for a minute

This other time, my sister was watching TV in the living room. I went in the kitchen and grabbed a knife from a drawer and started slowly walking to her with no expression on my face. I could see her growing more and more terrified as I came closer and closer. I think she eventually shouted at me to stop and then I just started laughing and put the knife away.

Intrusive thoughts are so strange. As a kid, I would do shit like the above mentioned to get a ruse out of people. Now, as I'm older, and I think of opening the car door and jumping out or stopping in the middle of the street as I'm walking through the intersection, there is no motive. I have no deathwish, but there it is.
>>
>>17001571

>Martin Luther was obsessed with images of the devil's ass

Fucking Protestants
>>
>>17001067
eli?
>>
>>17001044
When I was about 5 years old I was playing in the living room with a bunch of those plastic balls you find in ball pits. I remember looking over to the front of my house and I saw this little black boy running by. He was in the typical black and white colors of a ghost and ran through the walls. It lasted about a second or two but it was creepy as fuck. Nowadays I have some issues like hearing voices and seeing things on occasion but I got help for it. As a kid though, I never had hallucinations or the like so it was pretty shocking.
>>
>Be young
>Christmas eve
>Sitting in back seat of car, being driven home
>Look out front window
>See lights in the sky
>Form outline of Santa's sleigh being pulled by a reindeer

I don't know what I saw. I clearly remember seeing a formation of lights in the sky, which my young mind probably imagined as Santa. But then who was lights?
>>
File: 1443547164593.gif (55KB, 700x921px) Image search: [Google]
1443547164593.gif
55KB, 700x921px
Jumped off a swing. Mid-air noticed that I wasn't in the yard anymore, but in some blueish place, surrounded by separate flames and I was one of them. After what seemed like an eternity, I realized that I was at the yard, still mid-air. Fell on my ass and ran inside.

Also recurring dream, which seems to indicate when a family member is about to die.
>>
I tried to drown my cousin in a bathtub when we were on a Disney vacation at 5, he was a brat and I thought everyone would be better off if he was gone, since no one really liked him anyway. My family just found it funny how I tried to solve the problem and laughed it off.

I made a kid think someone was going to murder him because he was picking on me, and I figured if he was scared for his life he wouldn't have time to bother me. So I wrote these letters saying I was watching him and going to kill him, and drew bloody knives. I gave him the pictures and said some man gave them to me. Of course they figured out that I wrote them and explained myself to my parents and the principal, and that I got the idea from tv. Amazingly, they just laughed it off once again and I never got in trouble.

My mom said that when I was a kid I was just so angelic and charming that no one could ever get mad at me when I did something wrong. Pretty cool.
>>
File: 1444426672925.jpg (68KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
1444426672925.jpg
68KB, 625x351px
>>17001103
>>17001129
>>17001141
>>17001142

You guys are talking about intrusive thoughts. They are somewhat common in people with anxiety and depression.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrusive_thought

Everyone at some point has violent thoughts. Thats not characteristic of Antisocial personality disorder (psychopathy/sociopathy) in of itself. What would make it ASPD is if you had no remorse or empathy. If you were not disgusted or bothered by the thoughts then it would be a possibility that you have ASPD. People with ASPD would kill as a means to an end and do so remorselessly, even if that end was just a cure for boredom.

Narcissists are a bit different in that regard (and many others). They would kill to punish others for a unforgivable slight or to hide the fact that their perfect mask slipped. Image is everything to a narcissist and they will do everything to protect it. ASPD's generally don't care all that much about image, unless NPD is an overlapping affliction as well.

Also Antisocial personality disorder is the clinical term for psychopathy. Sociopathy is the same as the other two. Its just what the disorder was originally called in the original DSM in 1952.

Antisocial personality disorder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Article on the difference between ASPD and NPD
http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2008/10
/psychopathy_antisocial_persona.html

The dark triad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad

I know these are all wiki links, but its the easiest way for me to source all this shit quickly and effectively.
>>
File: 1424371812729.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1424371812729.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
>>17005892
stop spamming that anime girl. I see you everywhere in r9k and pol
>>
>>17005973

I'm not that guy. I don't even browse /pol/ or /r9k/.
>>
>>17005955

Nah dude, I'm the chosen indigo child one.
>>
>>17005991
So you're an autist that doesnt want to be called an autist.
>>
File: CrossedBadlands21Wrap.jpg (2MB, 2500x1933px) Image search: [Google]
CrossedBadlands21Wrap.jpg
2MB, 2500x1933px
/co/mrade here

Looks like you're having an intrusive thought thread. Want some help?

Crossed is a comic series about a zombie like virus that doesn't kill, it gives people cross shaped scars on their face and makes them act out their intrusive thoughts.

>Is it good?
Overall? No. But considering it's had multiple writers doing multiple storylines with completely different characters that can be expected.

If you want to read some, there is a webcomic of it called "Wish You Were Here" that's pretty good.
>>
I remember having intrusive thoughts of "God is a faggot" when I was little, and being really worried that he would hear it and doom me to hell.

That kind of sucked for a while.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.