[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's so special about this book? >Was finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Devil_codex_Gigas.jpg (46KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
Devil_codex_Gigas.jpg
46KB, 600x413px
So what's so special about this book?
>Was finished in one night..
>cannot be translated at all
>secrets of the universe
>monarchy show interested in it
What else can we say about? It really have the date of the ww3?
>>
>>16999378
>was finished in one night
this is pretty amazing on its own. as a calligrapher, writing a whole bible in one night sounds impossible, as that would be a years-long endeavour for one writer, especially considering how physically large the book is.

>can't be deciphered
...codex gigas is written in Latin, its contents being the Vulgate bible + a few other things that are written in Latin.
I think you're confusing gigas for the voynich manuscript.

>secrets of the universe
again, sounds like you're confusing it for voynich, which is a mystery.

>monarchy
well, it was a huge bible with several useful texts in its appedecies.
a book that big would have production costs in the equivalent of billions of dollars. of course monarchs would want such a status symbol.
>>
>>16999424
>voynich manuscript.
i personally think it's gibberish because the guy was a book dealer.
>>
>>16999378
>Was finished in one night..
If its the book pictured, then that's total bullshit. You might as well say the book was written in one hour, it's equally as unbelievable.
>>
Certainly sounds like a holy text.

/his/
>>
>>17001891
It could be finished in one night if there were multiple scribes performing it all at the same time. They would have to have practiced their calligraphy for years to have them all apper to look the same though.
>>
>>17001906
Yeah, that's a little implausible though. You still need someone to actually tell them what to actually draw and write, unless they were somehow all possessed by some spirit entity who moved their hands and did not need anyone to direct them on what to write/draw.
>>
bump for necronomicon fags
>>
>>17001896

what do you want /x/ to be for, honestly?
>>
File: 1298828447881.jpg (425KB, 960x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1298828447881.jpg
425KB, 960x1600px
>>17001891
1/24 as believable
>>
>>17002284
1/12 since they said 'one night'
>>
>>17002287
Fair enough
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.