[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /X/ I've been working at this hotel for a little over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: 14481670851101252249197.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
14481670851101252249197.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
Hey /X/ I've been working at this hotel for a little over a year. I started as a housekeeper and now I'm the night auditor and a bit bored tonight so I'm going to share some creepy happenings I've seen since I've been here. I'm posting from my phone so if replies or stories are slow I apologize in advance. I have a video I'm going to share of the most fucked up thing to happen. I want to say that I'm not shook by spoopy ghosts easily and I'm not quick to say something odd is paranormal.

Pic is some shrine my boss keeps in the back office. He's Indian so if anybody know what god that is I'd appreciate you telling me.
>>
>>16996066
Thats Ganesha, the god with the head of an elephant and the body of a human.
>>
After I was trained in housekeeping and left alone to clean rooms I would always see somebody in the corner of my eye. Of course turning to look there was never anybody there but I could feel a presence in the room with me. It was never a bad feeling like I was in danger or anything so I didn't worry about it too much. Sometimes when I was cleaning out the bathroom sink I would glance up to see somebody standing in the door way or in the shower behind me.
>>
>>16996075
Thanks, what kind of a god is it?

To continue

I talked to one of the other housekeepers, an older lady who's been working here for like 5 years I think. I asked her if she ever felt weird in the rooms like she was being watched or something. She told me yeah and even saw people behind her sometimes. She even told me that we used to have a popcorn machine in the lobby but they took it out because it would come on on its own all the time, that this was the work of stewart, a guy who died of a heart attack in the hotel a few years ago.

Oh to add it's probably not paranormal but the elevator opened and closed with nobody on it while we were talking
>>
>>16996152
go on anon.

Ganesha is one of the most well-known and worshipped gods, in Hindu pantheon. Ganesha is widely revered as the remover of obstacles,[7] the patron of arts and sciences and the deva of intellect and wisdom.[8] As the god of beginnings, he is honoured at the start of rituals and ceremonies. Ganesha is also invoked as patron of letters and learning during writing sessions.
>>
>>16996152
One day I was cleaning room 215 which is right across the hall from 216(I mention the number because it's connected to the video I'm going to post) anyway I go up to my cart to get some soap and I notice the door to 216 closing, it even bounces off the bar lock you can use to keep the door from latching. I think it's just the executive housekeeper going in there to check the room so I go in to talk with her and there's nobody in there. There's no way anybody could have hid in the room or just left because I would have seen them walking down the hall. This freaked me out a little but I just said quit fucking around Stewart and went back to cleaning. I didn't really have any problems the rest of the day
>>
>>16996066
lurking
>>
File: 14481700090271033788560.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
14481700090271033788560.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>16996177
Thanks for the info and for reading so far

Continuing

The rest of the time as a housekeeper nothing special happened, it was just the usual of feeling someone in the room with me or seeing somebody behind me. I got used to it and would just say hey Stewart any time I experienced that sort of stuff.

I applied to be night audit when the last guy was fired. I've been pretty content with the work and being up all night alone hasn't bothered me but I see more physical things happen now. Like the front doors opening like somebody walking through them. As you can see from the pic there are two sets of doors. What happens is the first set will open and then the 2nd. This is weird because they are working off different sensors. If they weren't I would just chalk it up to malfunction. The order they open in is as if somebody walks through them either going in or out. This happens a few times a night and to test whether it's a bug flying upfront of the sensor or something else I lock the inside doors which would require a keycard from the outside to open. The outside doors will open but not the inside.
>>
>>16996232
to see doors like that open is scary enough, let alone one after the other in order.
How can anyone think that it isn't some spooky shit going on, it just rings a million alarms.

Please go on i'm excite for story and video. This is some archive material.
>>
>>16996232
Sometimes I sit in the breakfast area and watch TV when it's slow. There have been times where I see somebody walk in and I turn to greet them thinking its a guest but it turns out to be nobody. One time when I turned off the TV there was a reflection of somebody standing right behind me inches over my shoulder smiling. I jumped like a splashed cat I hid in the office the rest of the night. For some reason nothing ever happens back here, it feels safe to me.
>>
>>16996243
Waitin on that webm, this is great dude. Hope this isn't pasta
>>
>>16996238
Yeah I see somebody walk past outside when I'm at the front desk sometimes. The problem with that is there aren't really houses out here and it will be around 3 am so I doubt it's a person just wondering around out there. I asked the other night auditor if she's seen it she got a serious look on her face and said she's glad she's not going crazy.

When I was training with that girl we were sitting in the breakfast area talking watching TV and we both seen a bright flash of light in the lobby. It looked like a camera flash but it couldn't have been because we would hear somebody come through any of the doors or off the elevator. This has happened a few times and I haven't been able to figure out what it is.
>>
>>16996250
Won't be a webm I'll like to a YouTube video.

Just to mention while I sit back here typing this out the doors opened.

I've told just about everything that's of any significance except the last thing. I was sitting here one night we were having renovations on 2ND floor done so we were booking those rooms last. We had a softball team come in and we were sold out but it was a quiet night. I get a call and it's just some giggles and heavy breathing. I just hang up, I get prank calls all the time so no big deal. I get a call a few minutes later same thing. I decide to switch the phone from the cordless to the main phone so I can see who's calling. I get a call again it's coming from 216, I answer with "front desk" and hear the giggles and breathing again. Well this pisses me off because after checking who's in the room it's supposed to be vacant. I'm getting shitty because this is going to be some bullshit I have to deal with some other people's kids. Anyway I get the cordless and make a key to the room (I should have wondered how some kids managed to get in a locked room but hey it's 2 am) I get up to the room the door is closed I put my ear to the door, nothing, I open the door the light to the room won't come on. I can hear the tub running so I turn on the bathroom light and I can see towels in the floor and the shower curtain isn't hanging right. I go to turn off the faucet and it pulls back on. I push it off and it moves back. I try one more time and leave my hand on it it pulls back hard. There was force like someone pulling back. I nope the Fuck out of there after that

Here's the video I recorded of this, sorry for vertical and not aiming it well I was juggling stuff in one hand and doing things with the other. You can see in the reflection what's going on though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gWK8IgtFSU
>>
>>16996349
Jesus christ that's some spooky shit. you might've walked in on someone trying to bathe. I always thought that to ghosts, maybe our darkness is their light where our light is their darkness.
>>
>>16996384
Yeah I think it was just Stewart fucking with me
>>
I kind of figured more people would care about this. Maybe I should have started the thread pretending to be a vampire or some dumb shit
>>
>>16996449
I think your problem was starting with pic of the Indian shrine, with a quick glance it looks like some gay Hindu mysticism thread.
>>
>>16996449
I think people just missed the thread, this is actually quality content. Thank you op for this.
>>
File: 1442698502779.png (2MB, 2000x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1442698502779.png
2MB, 2000x1356px
>>16996066
It's a shrine to the loo, it's where the Indian isn't allowed to poo.
>>
>>16996474
Yeah I can see that.

>>16996487
Well thanks, it's frustrating to submit OC and feel like its ignored while the same threads that are posted every night sit on the first page
>>
that's pretty creepy bro, you should keep us updated on this
>>
>>16996549
I'd like to catch the doors opening on video but the only way to do that would be to set up a camera all night. I can watch the cameras live but I don't know how to watch what was recorded
>>
There was a guest who left a review saying he saw shadow figures in his room last month. The manager hung the review up back here as a joke. I haven't told any of them about 216 they would probably just think I was bullshitting them
>>
I used to work in a hotel for about 4 years, there were long term staff members who would swear that the place was haunted as well, claiming to see and feel things. I think three people had died there, two drownings in a pool that had since been closed, but considering the age of the place it wasn't all too many. I worked all shifts, alone and with people and never saw or felt anything strange. Not trying to rationalize, but think about how much 'crazy' shit can happen in your own house, and then multiply it by about 50. Lights burn out, faucets can be left on, immigrant housekeepers can make mistakes.
If you have overnight guests, seeing the odd one walk about in the early morning/whenever isn't all that strange. People like air and stretching their legs, I'm sure you have security camera's that could confirm or deny their presence. If a ghost was fucking with you intentionally I don't see why it would leave you a safe space in your auditor's office.
I obviously am speaking from a position with no emotional investment at all, but I think people let this stuff get into their kitchens and turn normal things into paranormal and let it get out of hand.
>>
>>16996737
Well if it was a guest walking through the front doors they must be invisible because they'd have to walk right in front of me. About the faucet in the tub, I don't think faucets have springs in them that can pull them back on or throw towels around the bathroom. The feelings I get could just be my mind but not the doors and not the video I posted
>>
>>16996555
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyICR8o1Y_g
bump
>>
Enjoying this OP.

Could it be water pressure keeping the tap open?

Was it abnormally hot or cold when you touched it?
>>
>>16996349
Why didnt you say anything out loud before you entered the shower? if there was a naked guest in there, you would have been in pretty big trouble I'd assume. If i heard the shower running, I'd at least say 'Hello who's there' or 'Hotel security' or something, becuase I'd assume there was a guest in there. Otherwise it sounds pretty legit.
>>
>>16996771
you're assuming he isn't bullshitting you. If you watch the video there are no towels shown flying about, his uniform is a spandex blue shirt, and the tap-battle is off screen. I'm not saying he's a liar, but... uh... hmm. He doesn't say anything during the entire thing, if it were true it's not very professional. I don't fault him for noping out of there, but I am in no way convinced this isn't shenanigans
>>
>>16996781
Yeh, I know - but he came here asking for advice and input and water pressure was my first thought if a tap 'fought back'.

I work in an office building and most weekends I am there alone. I have similar experiences which this thread might make me share.
>>
I've worked with moderately high pressured water lines, and if it were a secured faucet the pressure wouldn't push it back. If it were broken however, like if the water always had a path to push through even in the closed position it would turn itself back on and he could feel it resisting being turned off. I am not a plumber, but I assume there is something wrong with the seal.
>>
>>16996779
The room was vacant we hadn't booked anybody on the 2ND floor for 3 or 4 days because of renovations so I didn't need to say anything if there was someone in there they weren't supposed to be.

>>16996781
My shirt is a polo, it's tight around my stomach because I'm fat and they won't give me new shirts. If you don't believe me it's fine, skepticism is a good thing. I never said towels were flying around I said they were off the rack.

>>16996787
I don't think it was water pressure because I've never seen something like that. I was a housekeeper for a few months before night audit and it never happened then.
>>
>>16996811
yeah, wasn't going to mention the shirt cause some places aren't too strict on uniforms. Sorry to sound like a dick.

Being off the rack and a running faucet could just mean that housekeeping or maintenance was in there and peaced out without reporting a problem, lots of stuff going on in a hotel and not everyone is a stickler for telling other people what they're doing.

the water lines I worked on were farm irrigation, and if you are using a fixed faucet they turn like nothing, but if you try and screw one into the line while its running it is fierce resistance, like a mule kicking. Either way, if it's a plumbing issue just ask maintenance in a couple of days, the problem won't go away on its own if it is.
>>
>>16996811
But it felt normal to touch? Not really cold?

For the record I believe your story as it's incredibly similar to something that happens in my office but only when people are there alone.

The taps in the toilet turn on (as in physically spin open) and then are much colder to the touch than they should be when you turn them off.

Also even when it's totally dark outside there is an intermittent light in the basement, or glow, which I can't explain and have not been able to capture on camera.

Keep the thread going, I'm interested in more.
>>
>>16996817
Would the faucet pull against me after a second of nothing?
>>
>>16996819
I don't think there was a difference in temp or anything this happened back in August.
>>
>>16996823
depends if there is air in the line, it doesn't seem likely in a home system that's fed directly from civic water but who knows what type of tanks or lines are feeding the showers for a hotel.
>>
>>16996823
well, I'm assuming you reported a running faucet in the room to the owner or manager, otherwise it could cause a flooded room. how was it resolved? did the faucet just stop by itself after you left or was it still running when someone else checked on it?
>>
>>16996833
I'll ask the maintenance guy. I've never noticed a water tower on top of the building or anything so I'm guessing it's city water.
>>
>>16996066
He's the patron god of Mumbai, so your boss could be from there. He's also a God of luck and second chances.
>>
>>16996837
yeaah, but if you need hot water for 90 rooms there'll be a facility within the hotel that has boilers. I assume the cold water would come from city lines, but don't actually know how they work for the rooms.
>>
>>16996834
I didn't leave a note or anything. The executive housekeeper has to go around and check all vacant rooms when she comes in in the morning. If it kept running or flooded the room she would have said something and I would have probably been asked about it.
>>
>>16996823
not to keep bumping with the same point, but I suppose the pressure might have had to build up after being closed before it "fought" again, and has nothing to do with air in the lines at all. Would honestly make more sense than air gaps in a hotel's water line, but I dunno.
>>
>>16996852
Yeah like I said I'll ask the maintenance man how it all works when he comes in the morning. If the thread is still up I'll post what he says.
>>
>>16996859
Start a new thread if not. I'll be reading.
>>
>>16996845
Why does she check the vacant rooms? To make sure no one is in them? Has that ever happened? Like someone kept an old key or something and snuck in?
>>
>>16996868
She does it to make sure they're still in good shape and nothing is out of place in case one of the employees went in there for some reason or there was a mistake made at the desk. It would look really bad if we sent somebody to a dirty room. I know the guy that did this job before me would have guys come in and Fuck him in vacant rooms when he worked. He tried to remake the bed and everything but I guess he fucked up some how because he was fired.
>>
>>16996504
No poo in loo
>>
>>16996873
some front desk people sell rooms off the books and pocket the money, so having an actual person in charge of keeping an eye on things helps keep peeps from dipping into profits.
>>
>>16996349
I like the story and all, but like many videos of ghosts or beings, it cuts off at the good part. Yes there is a reflection as you said, but it's not good enough to see what you described, at all. It could just be you moving it back and forth several times. We have to be able to see the tension of you pressing on the handle and it not wanting to move, and then it going back after you have already moved away from it.
>>
>>16996881
I do want to add to stress that's the skeptic in me trying to come up with the simplest explanation. I by no means want to shit up the thread or say it isn't good content. If anywhere is haunted, a hotel is a great place. A lot of people coming and going, sort of a crossroads, a nexus of energy, and I imagine some people die there, so it isn't a stretch in a ghost story to say sometimes getting lost or wanting to stay attached.
>>
>>16996565
So the owner knows about Stewart but doesn't believe? Or he just doesn't care?
>>
>>16996881
>>16996882
I'm not at all offended and you're right the phone was aimed right. I'll try to give some explanation for this.

I had the phone recording in the first place because there's no security camera on 2ND floor so for my safety I thought it was a good idea with the added bonus of having a funny live leak video to put up if I caught someone in there. When I found out there wasn't anybody in there I wasn't really thinking about the phone anymore and I was trying to juggle it with a cordless and a keycard when I went to turn off the faucet. I wish I could have done a better job but I really wasn't thinking about it at the time
>>
>>16996896
Nah the owner doesn't know and probably wouldn't believe. He's only owned the hotel for less than a year. The post you were replying to I was talking about the general manager
>>
>>16996906
To be fair you couldn't really see into the room at all, could have been a sneaky Pete hiding in there, making phone calls, breaking plumbing. My new theory is the ex-employee who banged dudes in the rooms coming back for one more shot at glory.
>>
>>16996913
Haha I almost walked int a raping. I bet he was hiding around the corner waitingvfor me to walk in the room farther
>>
I've fucked so many night auditors. They're all sluts. Count on it.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.