[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, I enjoy coming here occasionally for some fun and to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: battty.jpg (111KB, 1238x1650px) Image search: [Google]
battty.jpg
111KB, 1238x1650px
Hey /x/, I enjoy coming here occasionally for some fun and to read about the hot new paranormal controversy, but I was wondering if any of you knew the best place to read, talk about, and potentially investigate underground paranormal things. Although I'm sure most people are like this, the unknown gets me more excited and enthusiastic than anything else I can think of, and I wouldn't mind a place where people took it a little more seriously. I'm not talking about tulpas or any of that bullshit; mainly aliens, crypto and likely some conspiracy. I know there has to be a better and more productive place than /x/

If you don't feel like answering that, what are the best fields of work to get into to experience the paranormal. As much as working directly on that stuff would be fantastic, I know it's mostly all volunteer. So i more so mean jobs that give you a higher chance of experiencing weird things
>>
>>16992745
>jobs that give you a higher chance of experiencing weird thing

maybe long distance trucking? i feel like driving down the highway in the middle of the night with no sleep might lead to some wacky shit.

can't think of anything else, really, other than conventional paranormal stuff like ghost hunters, demonologists, psychics, tarot readers but you could possibly check out the academic/research side of the occult where you're studying it in a psychological/cultural type of way rather than practicing it yourself so maybe you'd get access to the more promising paranormal experiences?

best i could do, sorry.
>>
>>16992791
i'd say opening a corner store dealing in mystic knick knacks might bring in some right crazy people.
>>
>>16992791
thanks, i was thinking trucking, or working in foresty/something along those lines. Your other options obviously sound enticing, but I'm just not sure how I'd go about getting into them. Especially joining a group that studies it
>>
>>16992808
Clearly a good option, but first I need to spend my whole life collecting paranormal knick knacks to sell
>>
>>16992822
not real magical artefacts anon, stuff like rosaries, tarot decks, sage, etc ya know.
>>
>>16992831
Yea that would be neat. Hopefully something like that would be lucrative enough to keep alive
>>
>>16992745
Listen, I'm 39 years old and have been into the paranormal since I kid.

There are very few serious places to discuss these topics outside of other boards, outside of rerrditr.

Honestly, if you want to learn about the paranormal I recommend reading the works of Jerome Clark, mainly because he has a low tolerance for bullshit and is very thorough. Also, Leslie Kean is top notch for your UFO inquiries.

As for jobs that expose you to the paranormal? Well, around here the position of "night watchman" seems to yield the most paranormal results.
>>
>>16992860
where's "around here"?

Wanna get me a job? I'm 19, and have travelled to a different province for every job ive been to anyways
>>
>>16992866
around here meaning this board

which you need to obviously lurk moar

Christ, you're 19?

Read up on the paranormal for a few years and educate yourself.
>>
>>16992910
Why does that come as a surprise, I doubt most people who use 4chan are actually over 25. I've been on this board since I was ***16***, your wording was just a little vague
>>
>>16992943
This place is over a decade old.
Most people on /x/ are older than you
There's people here in their 50's
I'm in my 30's
And like that guy said, read up some more, you're 19 for fucks sake
>>
theres no good place online to talk about this shit

only roleplayers shills and edgy teens

probably go to a local bookstore and look there for some paranormal books
>>
>>16992860
>Jerome Clark
>based master
>>
Deep sea welding. You're basically guaranteed to see some unknown phenomenon and pretty much any idiot can do it.

Unless you're a tremendous fatshit then I guess the truck driving thing.
>>
>>16993150
Well I made this thread because I would LIKE to read up some more, I was just wondering if there were better online places to do it
>>
>>16993605
Considered that as well. Seems dangerous as fuck, and I'd need to get a welding and diving license, but it sure would be neat and probably lucrative
>>
>>16994054
Just remember that explosive decompression is a thing. Getting torn apart in the blink of an eye because hatches weren't closed properly is a small price to pay for the very low potential of paranormal spoops you get at the bottom of the ocean. Though I'm sure you'll see some seriously fucked up fish.
>>
File: latest[1].png (388KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
388KB, 720x540px
>>16994067
...do you mean it would be a high price to pay? Because then your post would at least make sense.

You WILL see things unknown to science if you spend enough time in the deep. Know why? Because you'll be spending much more time down there than any faggot researcher and you'll be legally bound NOT to disclose it because of fear of EPA shit fucking up business.

Even when you don't, you'll be subjected to weird pressure variations, oxygen saturations and sensory isolation that WILL cause you to hallucinate, no drugs required.

The dangers of explosive decompression are trivial. You're much more likely to just drown/suffocate if you die before your body fails you from the pressures and you get cataracts and a hump.
>>
>>16992745
Park Ranger is gotta be cool.
>>
>>16994273
I, OP, was actually a park ranger for 2 summers in northern ontario. Nothing paranormal whatsoever. I even went on late night runs in the middle of nowhere all the time. The north is a neat place for that, but it's so hard to distinguish between natural phenomenon, animals, and the literal paranormal
>>
>>16994101
OP here. So far I've only been able to work as a northern ontario park ranger in 2 different parks, and a housekeeper in the rocky mountains, BC. Both places I was hoping something cool would be seen on the side if I tried hard enough, but no results. Maybe next I need to risk my well being and become a deep sea welder.
>>
>>16994718
Or maybe a night watchman somewhere sparse.
>>
Be a Taxi Driver like the Miami dude.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.