[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To people with sleep paralysis: Have you ever had hallucinations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 18

File: wisdom.jpg (26KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
wisdom.jpg
26KB, 480x640px
To people with sleep paralysis: Have you ever had hallucinations during an episode of sleep paralysis and if so what did you see?

pic not related
>>
>>16991403
I once seen what I'm guessing was an alien. If you get pissed off at them they'll leave you alone.
>>
Just had one till today (that i can remember), 2 years ago.

During a dream, I got aware that I was dreaming and i woke up abruptly due to the shock of knowing that I was having a dream.

When I woke up , I felt I could only open and close my eyes and breathe ( although it was a very heavy breathing).

At the time, my bed was directed to the door of my bedroom, and when I looked to it, I saw three black faceless Humanlike shapes, who in the place of what i think it was their eyes, there were some kind of red shining lights.

While one of them started running towards me , the other two came slower behind the first while i was lying on my bed unable to move.

While they're approaching towards me, i did not felt scared, just very curious.
In my perplexion, i blinked hard to make sure that i was seeing what i was seeing, but i instantly fell asleep again...

Later on, i woke up normally has if nothing had happened.

Still have very vivid images of this experience till today.
Kinda want to experience this again...
>>
>>16991403
Had some whilst I tried lucid dreaming, no real hallucinations as far as I can remember, only heard uncomprehensible voices, which probably turned out to be some everyday noise like the washing machine

About sleep paralysis itself, first time experiencing it was crazy, it's like when you get winded and think that you're really suffocating and about to die
>>
>>16991403
Bump
>>
>>16991512
I can confirm that they leave if you lose your shit
>>
>>16991657
Lose your shit? Wouldn't it be in the toilet or are you Indian?
>>
I haven't had paralysis associated with my night terrors for many years but I still have vivid hallucinations. If they're visual, the most common manifestation is big creepy bugs flying/dangling right in my face.
>>
First and only time it happened I was sleeping on a friends couch, felt like I was being choked, by a dark totally black figure hovering over me, I tried to scream but couldn't. I closed my eyes and tried my hardest to do anything until finally I was able to let out real screams than I regained body functions.
I won't go to sleep on my back anymore but as time goes in I'm getting more and more curious to lucid dream.
We used to play with a ouji board in that house idk if that has anything to do with the figure.
>>
>>16991666
Nice trips and he means freak out you autist
>>
>>16991403
For me it is as if the dream or nightmare seeps into real life, therefore, in my paralysis, on the first instance I saw a daemon come from the ceiling, ripping the dimension first with its claws then with its jaws, scariest thing ever since it was the first time I experienced sleep paralysis.

I've "seen" orbs of light of different color, baseball-sized, come from outside through the window and orbit the room.

I've "had" my head cut off like the mexican narcos, at it was so fucking real.
>>
>>16991403
Yeah, I saw what I believe was a demon, and not just because he was red and black. Actually he kind of looked like a bald version of that wrestler Kane. I couldn't see his eyes but he kept his face in my direction so I knew he was looking at me. He seemed very cautious and almost apprehensive, like he didn't know if he should approach me or shrink away, or how. I was scared as shit too though I felt like at any moment this pussy ass whatever it was going to make up it's mind and I couldn't move.
>>
File: thanks.jpg (365KB, 2076x2409px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
365KB, 2076x2409px
>>16991403
I've only had it probably four times in my life, but I hallucinated two of those times.
The first was just something I heard. I was looking ahead(sleeping on my side) and from behind me I heard an inhuman voice say my name in my ear. Freaked me the fuck out but I ignored it and closed my eyes and fell back asleep.
Second time I was on my back I think. I opened my eyes to look at the bedroom door, but a dark cloaked figure was standing on the step/in the doorway. I stared at it for a while, heart racing, trying to snap out of it. In the end I just had to settle for closing my eyes and ignoring it again.
>>
>>16991403
Had episodes of it during my late teens early twenties. Mine were usually similar, I'd wake up and be staring at a spot on my wall or a picture on it. The picture or spot would then slowly slide up to the ceiling and a black ooze would drip down toward me. I'd usually wake up soon after that. The worst were if I woke up in a position where I couldn't really see the room, like on my stomach or facing the wall directly next to my bed. Those I wouldn't see anything but could feel that something was in the room with me. I tried to just ignore it once hoping it would go away and had the feeling of something at the foot of my bed grabbing my foot. Luckily they've died off as I've gotten older, hated them each time haha.
>>
>>16991403
No greentext? Let's fix that
>lay in bed on my side
>feel something slide up into bed behind me like a genie
>realize a guy's behind me leaning against my back
>can't move
>I feel a penis slide up my butthole like a genie penis
>I'm not gay but it felt good, can't lie
>incubus hot breath moans, "you like that don't you?" In my ear
> didn't mind a dick up my butt but that musty voice made me feel disgusted
>snapped out of paralysis soon after
>>
>>16991403
i used to see shadows and figures but nothing very explicit. Sometimes faces. The hallucinations themselves weren't scary it was just the feeling of being paralyzed and defenseless.
Nowadays I just have lucid dreams though.
>>
My usual sleep paralysis mostly consists of weird distorted noises, but I've had 2 weird episodes.

>in bed lying on back
>hears usual weird noises
>sees centipedes on my walls
>forces self to wake up

Another weird one

>in bed lying on back
>closed bedroom door suddenly opens
>sees "something" walk in and starts to choke me
>wakes up covered in sweat
>>
File: Lam.jpg (44KB, 345x467px) Image search: [Google]
Lam.jpg
44KB, 345x467px
>>16991982
Unclean spirit(s) detected!
>>
File: demon_eyes___by_tokikow-d5sicve.png (222KB, 853x471px) Image search: [Google]
demon_eyes___by_tokikow-d5sicve.png
222KB, 853x471px
>>16991982
I usually see spiders in my weirdest episodes. Weird ass spiders or tall humanoid figures.
>>16992023
What kind of spirits? Human spirits?
>>
i've only ever hallucinated during sleep paralysis twice, and this was about 2-2.5 years ago. i was sleeping in the early evening, so i think throwing off my circadian rhythm that far caused me to hallucinate (usually my episodes occur when i'm waking up in the morning).

the first hallucination wasn't really scary, just kinda sad. i was dating someone and they had just broken up with me a couple weeks before this day, and while i was paralyzed i hallucinated they were in bed trying to wake me up and comfort me. pretty depressing once i was finally awake.

i went back to sleep right after that and had one that was actually scary. i "woke up" and saw some shadowy figure at my door, then in my room on the opposite wall my bed was on. then before i knew it, the figure was right above my face breathing really loudly. it was dark and lanky except for its face; i couldn't make out any features but it was snow white and its head was perfectly round. i was so freaked out, but i gained a little bit of control and convinced myself it wasn't real because i couldn't feel the breaths, just hear them. then i just wiggled my fingers and toes till i woke up.

otherwise, i don't really hallucinate when i have sleep paralysis. it was scary when it first started happening to me but now it's just annoying. i usually dream about it, and then i'm confused about whether or not it was a dream or i was actually paralyzed. weird stuff.
>>
>sleeping in parents house
>feel like i start to levitate and getting pulled from my feet
>open my eyes
>see the face of an old plastic baby doll covered in a black color
> start screaming like a motherfucker but nothing is coming out
>in the desesperation i look to my sides
> lots of shadows with human form are approaching
> start screaming even more and its finally getting audible, like a moan
>watch the doll thing again
> It grabs my fucking hand
>I try to move as hard is i can with my eyes closed
>finally i feel my hand free
>open my eyes and theres nothing
>my hearth is pounding like a cokehead and i dont move until the evening

Later i told my mom this experience and she said that she heard the moaning but thought it was my dad, so she just pushed him and kept sleeping,thanks mom.

>I can still feel that grim handshake, it never goes away
>>
>>16991403

So far I've only had 3 episodes
> 1st one I was sleeping in the basement, and it was pitch black. I saw darkness darker than the ambient darkness slowly rolling towards me like a tide, and just felt terror.

> 2nd time I was sleeping in my room which is on the second floor. I heard what sounded like a break in, people talking and yelling, crashing, footsteps. I couldn't move of course, but I tried to grab my gun which I have on my nightstand because I really felt that I was in danger. I came to finally and regained sanity.

> 3rd time I was sleeping in my room again. I heard whispers coming from my closet. The whispers where saying that they were coming to get me, and giggling. Really awful feeling of terror with this one.
>>
only once, since i've been pregnant. i think the hormones make it worse somehow, because i've had a lot of sleep paralysis experiences but never as frequent as my first trimester.

i woke up into it as usual and looked around the room. the door to my closet was open, but instead of my closet i was looking into my living room, and a man was peering over the back of the couch. it was one of the most horrifying and creepy things that i've ever experienced. of course i started hyperventilating; i was convinced that now that he knew i was awake, he was going to kill me. then it faded away.

mostly i just feel like i'm vibrating and if i remember to, i can think myself into orgasms.
>>
They mainly look like silent hill thingies or shadows but after years of training I figured out how to deal with them

Here I got a funny story for Ya so there I am laying in bed and Ya know I know it's gonna happen because I'm exhausted and can't sleep at the same time and I'll tell Ya it's just the perfect fuckin recipe so I slip into it and no I can't move and I know I'm fucked my ears go like there underwater and I can hardly see my eyes jump around a lot n the room isn't very clear and so this "signs" lookin motherfucker creeps into my room and I'm like oh yeah here we go again and I start to make myself angry and as the guy approaches I says to myself "yea what the fuck is it gonna be tonight buddy? Peel the blanket off me? Maybe fuck me in the ass and piss on me?" And all the while as he's gettin closer he's breathing harder and there's a ringing noise in my ear and then I get so fucking mad I leap outta bed.

Now this fucker don't know what to think and he sees the look in my eye and tries to make for the door but see I'm to quick for that fucker and I punch him so hard in the teeth his head bounces through the fuckin drywall, then as he's coughin up blood I raises his leg and stomps down so fucking hard I snap his leg in half and bury it in the fuckin floor, I pick him up by the neck and the fucker starts clawin at my a so I line his left temple against my head post and start punching his head into it until his skull caves in like and egg.

After that I kinda come to my senses and realize I'm standing in my room in my underwear in the middle of the fucking night. I climbs into bed satisfied after killing that fucker and go to sleep

If you guys are being tormented I suggest you get /v/ level angry and fuck a monster up
>>
>>16991512
>>16991657
wow the last time it ever happened to me I lost my shit, screaming 2 fuck off in middle of night.

I had experienced paralysis for almost 2 months prior. Never saw anything. I felt as if someone was sitting on my chest and throttling me by my shoulders. I got tired of that shit
>>
Was tripping pretty hardcore last night.

Shit was just slightly moving places, dazed from awaking.

Wires shifting, TV screen moving closer.

Listened for shuffling to confirm but my fan was on. Least I'm at the point I can just roll my eyes and go back to sleep.
>>
>>16991403

I have seen a man with a hat. He was wearing a long suit
>>
File: 1444852519864.jpg (96KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1444852519864.jpg
96KB, 1024x768px
>>16991403
It's happened to me every single night for eleven years. Some nights for a few seconds other times for up to around two minutes. It may be a genetic thing because my grandpa had it too. It drove him crazy in his old age to the point where he had to be restrained to his bed at night. Yes I see things the first and must traumatic one I had was an alien slowly walking up to me then I guess I blacked out. After that I used to see just like a foggy black mist moving around. Now I'll see people walking around my room not really paying attention to me and I'll hear things I wish I could forget. I have horrible insomnia because of it. Also other anons are right if you flip out on them they tend to go away for awhile.
>>
I've had sleep paralysis since very young but it wasn't until recently that I experienced an hallucination.

I remember I was trying to wake up, my head facing the door (to the left side of my bed). It was halfway opened and I was struggling to open my eyes. I remember feeling unsafe and seeing a black matter, though it wasn't clear at all.

Then, my head was turned to the wall in front of my bed, i was still struggling to open my eyes and that's when I saw, at the end of the bed, a very tall figure, all black and looked like it was wearing a cape. I didn't get to take a look at its face (if it had one) because it was out of my sight, probably due to the thing being huge.
>>
File: sputnik.jpg (70KB, 709x532px) Image search: [Google]
sputnik.jpg
70KB, 709x532px
>>16991403
I only hallucinated when I first began to have sleep paralysis episodes.
Mainly auditory like growling dogs or weird hyena-like laughter.
Visual hallucinations were mainly black humanoid shapes walking around and one time it was a massive flock of crows.
These days SP can occur every night in a week, or once every few months.
It's more of an inconvenience than anything, like being woken up by someone dicking about somewhere else in the house, except sometimes I can't breathe.
My Dr. is sending me to a neurologist to test me for Narcolepsy because I also have severe Dpd/Drd, so my experiences might vary greatly from others who experience SP.
>>
I saw something like the Earth with a golden structure built around it, but I wasn't interested in the occult at the time and didn't draw it or anything so not sure what it was.

Got very tangibly raped another time.
>>
File: 404.png (5KB, 450x405px) Image search: [Google]
404.png
5KB, 450x405px
>>16991403
Once. A man came into my room carrying a laundry basket full of rocks, he threw some at me and said "you fuckin' like that?". And he jumped out of the window.
>>
Well i am always getting a dizzy feeling, hearing a permanent sough.
But once i got a acoustically hallucination. I heard the cry of a baby, but the cry was really weird. Instead of breathing between the cries, the cry went on without a pause. It sounded really horrific, i remember being scared as shit at this moment
>>
>>16991666
very funny, satan
>>
Does anyone else have reverse sleep paralysis? As in when I lay down I suddenly become paralysed, like my body goes to sleep but my mind stays awake. Some nights I can't even lay down because within minutes of laying down paralysis will happen with a unstopable rushing feeling.
>>
Question for anons ITT:

What are your sleeping conditions? A lot of these problems appear to only work if you sleep in silence with no lights on.

I sleep with 2 large fans on high year-round, youtube up on my computer with a playlist of some series that cycles throughout the entire night, and i don't generally turn any of my lights off.
>>
>>16994979
Only happens to me if I'm sleeping on my back. Liquor greatly increases the odds of it happening.
>>
>>16991403
I had one where my older brother opened the door and I asked what he needed. He didn't answer me and just left.

A second time, I had been sleeping on my back all night but didn't get it until I switched to the side in the early morning. I could see the light from my window on my wall, and there was as strange symbol on the wall and an evil voice coming from somewhere that I couldn't see. I tried to force myself to move but couldn't, so I yelled for my brother to come in. He came in, but then he just started giving me a history lesson on what the symbol meant. Then I woke up.

The third time, it was me looking at the window, and the cowboy robot from the movie Westworld was looking outside. I was spooked as fuck but then laughed when I woke up because the movie is in no way scary and I got terrified by a cowboy robot.
>>
>>16994986
>>16994979

damn. i sleep on my stomach
>>
>>16994986
Same here, i have to sleep on my side or else i get SP 80% of the time.
>>
>>16994979
I don't have any sleeping conditions that I know of. I just know that sometimes when I sleep on my back, I get sleep paralysis.

I try to avoid sleeping on my back, but now it's the only way I can sleep, so it's increasing.
>>
>>16991403
Why just a couple days ago I thought an old crone was above me as I sleep.
>>
>>16991403
I almost always see a girl with black hair, young (not old hag). She giggles and holds me down. She's usually over my right shoulder. Just catch glimpses. She smells of patchouli. The sleep paralysis happens about once per month. I see her probably two or three times a year. Have suffered from the sleep paralysis for around 20 years. Started when I was 13. Always the same girl when I hallucinate. Strange thing is, I didn't smell patchouli in the real world (that I can remember) until I was around 20. My blood ran cold when I smelled it in some perfume a date of mine was wearing.
>>
>>16994979
Completely random.
It doesn't matter if I sleep on my back, side, or stomach. I guess it happens less frequently when I use my white noise machine
>>
>>16991403
Was probably around 6 or 7 years old. I guess I must have fallen asleep as I was lying down looking out a window at night that was right by my bed. I saw a light out in the distance. It kept getting closer to the window. When it got close enough, I could see that it was a white gloved disembodied hand. It came into my room and floated into my closet. I screamed (the first time I can remember being truly terrified) My parents came into my room and said it was just a dream. I honestly feel to this day that I was awake though--feels as real today as it did then.
>>
>>16995057
>not giving her the D
what are you doing tbqh family
>>
>>16995082
Sex is the last thing I'm thinking of. Trying to breathe and move is the priority. Plus, my rational mind knows she's not really there.
>>
I saw a zombie-version of my mother (who's still alive) standing over my bed choking me while about 3 human figures outside my window watched and it was hard to breathe

I had read about "old hag attacks" before online so I realized what was happening and I struggled really hard to sit up and when I did they disappeared

I remember I had left the TV on and a movie was playing about a young jewish girl in the modern day coming to terms with the holocaust

probably ghost jews out for revenge against aryans
>>
My trick for those that suffer from it. It works for me every time. Remain calm. Wiggle just the tip of a finger. You'll snap out of it.
>>
>first time i only felt a force of pure evil near by
>second i don't remember anymore
>third and latest i saw a floating orb, no colours just long thick hairs floating out. swiming in the air like a jellyfish. but bringing terrible fear. i woke up in trauma switched the lights on very confused i walk to the kitchen eat doritos and drank a liter of milk.
fell asleep,
>next day i wasnt the same as i remebered what happend.
>next 3 nights i couldnt fall asleep
>>
I've had sleep paralysis a number of times in my life, but its never been angels, demons, aliens, or any of the popular choices. It's always been a large black dog sometimes simply in the room, sometimes standing on me.

I blame Hound of the Baskervilles. Always my favorite scary story.
>>
>>16991403 I've had sleep paralysis happen to me twice in the past year. First time: my cat had recently took off, I woke up because I could hear meowing. I tried to wake up my bf but I couldn't speak or move. I ended up drifting back to sleep. I woke up the next day to my bf yelling at me to come downstairs because our cat was outside the door. Second time: I was awakened, by what I don't know, but I was being tied to a bed by a person I could not see, they were beginning to do horrible things to me. I could feel myself screaming my throat raw and very forcibly hitting my bf next to me trying to awaken him. He never woke up. When I came out of it, he told I had done no such thing.
>>
>>16995239
>horrible things? Like sex?
Ghosts are much better at sex anon. you should just let him take you next time.
>>
>>16991403
>Sleep paralysis
>Cannot move but eyes are open
>See man standing next to bed waving
>Try to do him a finger, barely move my hand
>Look at the celling
>See a woman's face up there looking straight at me
>Close eyes
>Wake up inside and let out a loud scream
>>
>>16995273 No not like sex. Taking someone without consent is rape, not sex.
>>
>>16995286
But if you orgasm how is it rape?
In my sleep paralysis ive always got off...
Wierd
>>
>>16995296 Just cause you get off, does not make it not rape. And I didn't mention anything about getting off either.
>>
File: no.jpg (4KB, 144x90px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
4KB, 144x90px
>>16995306
>does not make it not rape
>>
>>16991403

I saw a burning cross.
>>
there was a really, really old dirty scabby naked woman in bed under the covers right next to me and i couldnt move or scream
>>
>>16995329
Atleast now we know where you were in your past life. Can you still taste the chewing tobbaco and maybe feel kinda turned on by little sis?
>>
File: 1286173232912.jpg (4KB, 251x205px) Image search: [Google]
1286173232912.jpg
4KB, 251x205px
>>16991403
I have had a few times where I felt uneasy but thanks to the many nightmares I have had I have a way to get out of SP I press my thumb nail into my index finger I wake up immediately.

Now how I learned how to do this while dreaming is beyond me I think I started doing it during lucid dreams and now in regular nightmares I can escape with this method.

As far as shadow people go no I have never seen them in SP but I have had the "thing" on my chest it had no form but I was aware that something was there.

I should mention I have double lazy eye so I see shadows very often. double lazy eye means either of my eyes can wander off while one is looking forward so my peripheral is very wide.
>>
>>16991403

Usually some little black-haired girl in a black dress. Honestly kinda weird how cliche it seems.
>>
>>16991403
I used to have dreams during sleep paralysis but not hallucinations.
>>
File: rdQyreU.jpg (140KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
rdQyreU.jpg
140KB, 1252x1252px
> be me
> senior in high school
> oshit sleep paralysis
> hand under pillow, see it shaking
>"oshit it's a paranormal entity trying to kill me"
> tries to wake up, can't
> hankhillbwaaahhhaaah.mp3
> punches self in face
> wakes up obviously
> goes to school with black eye
>>
>>16991403
My episodes have been quite harmless so far, usually the worst I experience is feeling some threatening presence in the room, but I don't see or hear anything. I did have a few occurences were I actually saw a shadow person or something, but it's rare.

One night stands out though. I just fell asleep and it was about 2 am. I woke up to someone tapping on the window. (My apartment is on the third floor, so in order to tap on my window, you would have to be great at wall climbing.) It sounded like someone was tapping with their fingertips at first, then it turned into more of a knocking. The knocking was somewhat regular. It would be three knocks, then a pause for 1-2 minutes, then three knocks again. It went on like that for 20 minutes and everything would be quiet for a while.

I was about to fall asleep again when I heard footsteps. My bedroom has a wooden flooring that makes a very distinct noise if you walk around. The footsteps sounded like someone walking from my window to my bed. I kept my eyes closed, I don't remember if I couldn't open them or if I didn't want to open them. The footsteps would always stop now and then, if the person was checking if I was awake before continuing to walk towards my bed. Eventually they stopped and it sounded like they were standing right next to me. I could hear someone breathing. This was the point where I was sure I was going to die.

I eventually woke up and of course, nothing was there.
>>
>>16994979
I sleep in a king size bed with a ceiling fan on high that makes a slight buzzing sound and i try for as dark as i can get it.
But its just really random when it happens. Occasionally my cat will turn off the fan by flipping the light switch and that will cause it to happen.
>>
>>16991403
I saw a skull floating above my bed when this stuff kinda happened to me, but then I figured I'd just record the damn thing on tape when it killed me so people would know spooks are real. Anyway after I tried recording for the first time I never saw it again.
Whatever the thing was, it was scared by recording devices.
>>
>16995488
now thats spoopy
lets talk about dogs, sure its something less spoopier
>>
File: Candle-Cross-TS-89905829.jpg (131KB, 723x484px) Image search: [Google]
Candle-Cross-TS-89905829.jpg
131KB, 723x484px
>>16995383

Nope. Maybe that means I was a black person and witnessed a burning cross instead.

I doubt that as well though. The cross was made of candles. It was like this but inverted.
>>
>>16992727
Thanks bruh. When I was a kid my reaction to the most terrifying things was to get really angry and charge directly at them while screaming. Not a good survival instinct in the wilds, but good against the illusory and hallucinatory.
>>
Prptip:

I suffer from this chronically, and over the years I've discovered that although paralyzed, I can still control my breathing. If I push my breath hard against the back of my throat, I can manage to make noise. My girlfriend knows that when I make crazy fucked up noised in my sleep, to wake me up because I'm going through sleep paralysis hell.
>>
i actually get it pretty often, but have only hallucinated a couple times. aside from the common bugs crawling, one time i head a white noise gradually get louder and louder. it actually got to a point where it was so loud my ears hurt.

when i finally woke up i looked to see if i accidentally left the tv on and i was just dreaming what i was hearing on tv (it happens too sometimes) but the tv was off.

i cried afterwards i was so scared.
>>
File: 1444851842750.jpg (29KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1444851842750.jpg
29KB, 600x750px
>sleep paralysis
>hear noise
>scream "fuck off, stop it"
>it stops.
for the first two times it has happened for me
>be at gf's house
>we got drunk and I fell asleep on her bed while she watches TV
>sleep paralysis, have eyes wide-open and see a shadowy figure wearing a suit with a red tie (not slender-man)
>shadowy figure says something which sounded like "what's up?"
>start screaming but my mouth only mumbles
>girlfriend notices and asks me if I'm okay
>keep mumbling scared as shit
>she shakes me and I finally wake out of it
that was the only scariest encounter I've had and it wasn't that bad, it was surprising to say the least
>>
File: greyman.png (20KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
greyman.png
20KB, 300x226px
I usually see shadowy men-in-black type figures

Due to it happening so often I usually just tell them to piss off at this point, tune it out, and go back to sleep

Hell, it's been awhile... maybe they gave up..?
>>
File: 1307131055845.jpg (68KB, 440x658px) Image search: [Google]
1307131055845.jpg
68KB, 440x658px
Goddamn just got stuck in a sleep paralysis loop
shit lasted for a good 2 hours. this is the first time i have seen a hallucination outside of the paralysis.

Fucking shadow snakes
>cat made a loud thud
>wake up
>nope
>i am still asleep
>see shadow snakes floating around my ceiling
>can't move!
>shake my body stress my muscles
>wake up pitch black room
>snakes still wiggling!
>hop out of bed turn on light poof! snakes gone
>light back off lay in bed
>close eyes....feel dread....
>open eyes
>fucking! shadow head on my chest!
>wake up again!!!

and that happened about 6 more times now i am awake again.
>>
File: AYY LAMAO.png (100KB, 345x234px)
AYY LAMAO.png
100KB, 345x234px
>>16992023
>kek
>>
>>16991403
>Be me
>be on Ritalin for many years, 8-17
>be 13
>sleep maybe 2 hours any given school night
>wake up facing clock
>Will always remember [2:13]
>turn head to look up/forward
>Man peeking around doorfram.
>WAKE THE FUCK UP
>LOOKING AT MY ALARM
>[2:15]
>MAN STANDING OUTSIDE OF DOOR IN MY HALLWAY
>COMPLETE SILHOUETTE
>AXE IN RIGHT HAND
This continued three more times,the clock continuing on till 2:30 with him standing at the foot of my bed. Each time I progressively would stay awake longr and fight my body to be able to move. By the last one, he was standing at the foot of my bed, and I was powerless to do anything. This was my 1st experience with sleep paralysis.

>FF 5 years
>Adult, comquered muh fears
>Trying meditation and lucid dreaming techniques
>Apaprently the one I tried is likely to have sleep paralysis side effects
>Wake up
>Facing left side of bed
>Room is fairly large, full window in middle of left wall
>Silhouetted by the moon
>Man with the axe
>Alarm clock behind him
>Can only make out the numbers [-:34] behind his darkness
Completely frozen
>several minutes hearing him breathe.
Have never had drams or waking terrors as horrifying as that and am still terrified thats not theend of this saga.
>>
First time I woke up to see my window open and a black cat watching me.
The second time, which happened years later, the same cat was sitting on my chest and as soon as my eyes had opened, it started clawing at my neck. Was so freaked out.
>>
I intentionally try to cause sleep paralysis every night so that I could try forcing a lucid dream. The one time it actually worked it was erotic. There was a scary woman sitting on my waist. I was frightened but so aroused. I jizzed my pants and the wet sensation woke me up.
>>
I've only had it once, I didn't really see anything but I heard what sounded like something rummaging through my room and the minute I could move again i could swear it ran out the door
>>
>>16991403

Outsmarted my paralysis once

>be me
>be nearsighted
>have -7.0 vision, so use contacts or glasses
>be sleeping in the middle of the day, so there's lots of light
>wake up
>can't move
>se a large ass two feet spider coming down from the ceiling
>it's hanging mid-air 6 feet away from me
>i see it crystal clear
>"but wait a minute... i'm not wearing glasses or anything. i should be fucking blind. i call bullshit"
>stare at the spider
>it's crystal clear while the surroundings are blurry as fuck
>the spider just hangs there
>suddenly it starts to fade away
>i blink, and it's gone
>then i'm able to move
>fuck you brain
>>
I suffer sleep paralysis fairly regularly, although I've become better at managing it now (keeping my eyes closed, deep breathing etc), but one of my earliest and most disturbing memories of hallucination didn't actually involve seeing anything (although I've often woken and seen the typically described phenomena; a woman with no eyes standing in my doorway, bleeding surfaces, dead bodies lying next to me etc).

I woke up and became aware that my body was paralysed, so I kept my eyes closed. I had a strange sensation that a breeze was circling my bed, and I could hear indecipherable whispering as though the wind was made up of many soft voices. I was about to open my eyes when the whispers became louder, and angry. The voices said "don't open your eyes or you'll see them, close your ears or you'll hear them".

After this I was overwhelmed with this terrible dread, I felt as though I knew something was coming but I couldn't do anything to stop it...but then I suddenly snapped out of it and all the noises and sensations immediately ceased. I slept in my roommate's bed for the rest of the night after that.
>>
At first yea, it's usually because you tell yourself not to think about spooky things so therefore do. It's so often for me that I've gotten used to just clearing my mind and waiting for it to release. One meathod I found helpful was to move my tongue until I have full control tell of my body again.
>>
File: 1445706142923.jpg (41KB, 463x490px) Image search: [Google]
1445706142923.jpg
41KB, 463x490px
>>16991403
almost every single time, from an old woman on my chest, the grim reaper in a pair of nikes(No really), about 7 tiny wolves dancing on my chest.. even this one time a bunch of ripped black dudes flexing. (no homo). There has been too many to count but these were the most interesting. I know it sounds like bullshit and a part of me wished it was
>>
File: 1366121029709.gif (760KB, 259x214px) Image search: [Google]
1366121029709.gif
760KB, 259x214px
This is the most relevant thread I can find, so I'll ask here.

When I was a child I had night terrors every so often. They were fairly mild and usually ended/began with me sleep walking.

About a week ago, I experienced the first night terror I've had in a long time. The thing is that this terror was unlike anything I have ever experienced before.

My father said it sounded like a woman was being murdered in my room. He ran upstairs, turned on the light in my room and that is when I stopped. I could feel adrenaline coursing through my body and couldn't sleep again for about 2 hours.

The weirdest thing: I don't remember anything. During the episode, I could not see or hear anything, I never heard myself screaming. All I remember is feeling pure, extreme all-consuming fear. I was also apparently thrashing all over my bed in a kneeling sort of position.

Since then, I have not slept in that bed. For some reason I get some really bad ju-ju from the side of the bed I slept on, and I sometimes feel like something is watching me from that corner.

What would cause something like this to just happen one night with no history of anything like it happening before? And why am I so scared of the spot where it happened?
>>
>>16991403
the last time ive had sleep paralysis i saw the most random thing... first i saw at the edge of my bed a puppy, a stuffed puppy that was moving like if some one was trying to make me laugh, then the image changed and i saw a blond kid giving me a big simile, like he was trying to prank me or something, then i woke up.
>>
Had my first sleep paralysis experience this morning. Woke up and couldn't move anything. Hallucinated that a cockroach was climbing over the folds in my blanket. Got close and it turned into a daddy Long legs. Then I hallucinated that I blew on it and it tumbled away. Then I regained motion
>>
Sleep Paralysis is a hallucination, so I'm not sure what you're getting at OP.

It's literally the same as lucid dreaming, but your body is paralyzed hence the name sleep paralysis.

All these experiences are fairly similar "i was laying on my back, a dark figure came at me"
and IMO Sleep Paralysis is a mix of lucid dreaming and shock. you go into a mild panic/shock state because you can't fucking move, so you're naturally like "WTF?" and because dreams are made up of your sub conscious thought, you're now laying there paralyzed in fear and your fears begin to manifest in front of you, because dreams.

Proof?

Well one night I was thinking about ym dad and how he's getting old and shit and how shit id feel if/when he dies. Next thing you know im paralyzed in bed watchign some figure kill my dad.
>>
>>16998645
It's winter, friend, and they have to eat something

If you don't have any houseplants and you always clean up after yourself, then what choice do they have but to munch on your arm hair?
>>
I shit you not, one time I had sleep paralysis while I was sleeping on my side and when I woke up I saw Nickelodeon's CatDog staring at me from across the room for a good 10 seconds

Nothing supernatural about it, just parts of your dreams manifested as hallucinations.
>>
>>16991403
Once I saw an arm sticking out from under my bed that slowly retracted under it. The other time I saw the old hag at the foot of my bed; she was robed in black and had white/grey hair coming from the hood but there was nothing but black where her face should have been. Thank god I haven't had that in a while.
>>
>>16991403
the first time I didn't saw anything, I just panicked and wanted to scream to my brother, who slept in a separate bed beside me (we were 14 or 15 at the time) that something was wrong but I could not move my lips. the 2nd time I saw a little person out of the corner of my eye and the first thing that came to my mind was leprechaun or some shit. I didn't exactly see his entire body but I saw the feet and the head peeking out of a wall and I fucken panicked. I wanted to shout at them like this anon mentioned ---->>16991512 but again, my lips were sealed, much like my ex's vagina :'(
>>
At first, I thought I was in fact awake. I tried to get up to drink some water but my body didn't move and I started to get REALLY scared. I tried to scream, but I was voiceless. Everything I could do at the moment was move my eyes.
I started to look around and I saw some strange figure in the corner of my room. It was a woman with long hair and old-fashioned clothes. Her face was hidden on the darkness and I couldn't stop looking at her, my gaze got trapped on her.
The more I looked, more scary she seemed to be. Now I was trying even more to move, because I was freaking out and wanted to make her leave my room, but none of the attempts of trying to move or even scream worked.
And then, as if things couldn't get worse than they already were, the woman started to move towards me, at the same moment I heard a voice saying "you deserve it!" and the scary being in my room tried to asphyxiate me.
My eyes closed against my will and when I saw I was finally awake, looking at the ceiling.

After this I couldn't sleep well for two days desu. Everything seemed to real at the moment.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.