[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think? Any deeper meaning to the new David Bow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Bowie-Blackstar.jpg (42KB, 770x585px) Image search: [Google]
Bowie-Blackstar.jpg
42KB, 770x585px
What does /x/ think? Any deeper meaning to the new David Bowie video? It's filled with occult and paranormal imagery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszLwBaC4Sw
>>
Dont know what this means, but I;m not sleeping after watching this
>>
>>16988422
what an odd video. But Bowie has always had such an odd way of presenting things!
>>
File: Absolutely devoid.jpg (8KB, 209x233px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely devoid.jpg
8KB, 209x233px
>>16988422
>Any deeper meaning?
>David Bowie
>>
First thing I noticed was the Black Sun that is linked with the Occult
>>
File: tumblr_m3feppBUTJ1qipcpt.png (600KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3feppBUTJ1qipcpt.png
600KB, 500x717px
>>16988422
>black sun
>kapala
>Isis, maybe

Sure, why not.
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 1024x766px
Pretty trippy, not as catchy as his other stuff.

Whatever message he was trying to get across was more important than writing a sweet jam apparently.

Shoulda had more cat girl, props to him for that.
>>
I think he sees the generation of 20 somethings as sharing many ideals of people from the 1950's. The way they're all dressed as from that era.

But at the same time, most of them are blinded by materialism and wealth. Convulsing and ritualising with that jewel-encrusted skull was a pretty tell tale sign.

The guy's been rich and seen the world far more than most. He's probably amused at the inherent materialistic and greedy tendencies everyone is wrapped up in. But at the same time, showing that 20 something actually have nothing for the most part, living in dilapidated huts while looking on to their dreams of living in the lavish city ahead.

The skull is sort of ushering in that generation.
>>
>>16988548
I'll expand upon this. The jewel encrusted skull belonged to the passed astronaut.

Landing on the moon, aeronautics was his generation's outstanding achievement. The jewels represent the wealth and success of them.

The up and coming generation, the ones recently graduating college, the ones ready to continue building this world are in 1950's garb.

I think Bowie believes society has regressed to a naivety that 1950s style personifies. He views the aeronautical achievements of the past to be the last inspiring event humanity has achieved.
>>
>>16988460
Continue singing your praises bowie.

I bless thee.
>>
File: ded.png (1MB, 1019x947px) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
1MB, 1019x947px
>>16988548

Man. That's depressing.
>>
>>16988596
I just watched the whole video and there is too much symbolism involved for me to understand it all.

at first glance though...

-there is a reference to Anne Frank in her atic

-the skull of major Tom is presented as a teraph to the primitive matriarchal inhabitants of earth. A teraph was the skull of an ancestor that was kept by his descendance as a certificate of inheritance over a legagy.(land, house etc.)
This means, some human beings of the future will pretend to the moon ownership through their supposed american ancestry.

-the three scarecrows represent a caricature of crucifixion where both good and evil of men all look the same through the perspective of recovered matriarchy.
>>
>>16988422
in his eyes
indispose
indisguise as no one knows
lies the face, hides the snake
the sun in my disgrace

black hole sun
won't you come
and wash away the rain
>>
>>16989029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg
>>
>>16989038
Remember when the world ended?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFca32_7YUU
>>
>>16989063
huh?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.