[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one tell if they are enlightened/wise? I feel like I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: download (8).jpg (10KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
10KB, 270x186px
How does one tell if they are enlightened/wise? I feel like I'm kind of wise as to how the world works and human nature, and I kind of feel like I have a decent amount of intelligence. Not going to tip my fedora and jerk myself off and go "YA IM REAL SMART" but like... If your average human had an int of 6, I would be a 7 I guess. I don't even like saying that because that line of thinking leads to saying stupid shit thinking it's right.
>>
just know that whatever you think you know really isn't all that much and that whatever you think you are really isn't all that great. i met this one chick who was about 8 times smarter than me and she actually acted like i was smart. that's how smart she was; she knew how to play my ego.
>>
>>16987384
or maybe she just wanted you to feel better about yourself. the thing about being smart is you don't try to act like you are smart. that lets you manipulate people easier as they don't expect it.
>>
>>16987352
If you've seen and survived /b/ and /pol/
>>
>>16987352
OP, we are never truly "enlightened" in any sense of the word because the levels of the world are truly infinite. However, enlightenment from our common perspective, "transcendence" is reached through understanding and willpower.

The "pathway" is there, free and open. The pathway is your own mind. Simply disconnect, sit, and allow your intellect to think. Think constructive, ego defying thoughts. Deconstruct your beliefs and reconstruct into beliefs directed at the purpose. The purpose of life is love.

Follow that and you will be on your path.
>>
>>16987616
how can the purpose of life be love if love doesn't actually exist? All you feel is lust, you can't feel love
>>
>>16987616
>ego defying thoughts
wat
>>
File: 1434689890200.jpg (476KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434689890200.jpg
476KB, 750x500px
1.) Knowing what you don't know
2.) Knowing what induction and deduction are and their flaws
3.) Being aware of what you are and are not accountable and responsible for
4.) Knowing when to listen, not interrupt and learn
5.) Knowing there is always more to learn for everyone

Gnostic Examples:
1.) Knowledge of the fire dance
[Learning through being taught by other]
2.) Moving out of Platos Cave
[Learning what is taught may be incorrect]
3.) Celestial Knowledge
[Learn through correlations; Stars = Seasons]
4.) Labyrinth Knowledge
[Learning the complexity of correlations, individuality, and the error of generalizing correlations]
5.) The Spiral Path
[Learning to respect individuals, paths, cycles, cause and effect, and the circle of life; the decay ritual]
6.) Learning your limitations and powers
>>
>>16987620
>>16987621

Intellect is ever expanding by form. Considering all opinions, sides, and destroying your ego for further understanding is necessary. In the singularity (beginning) the Intellect (God) thought of the concept of higher emotions, including love. Love cannot be forced and must be a willful transaction. Love requires absolute freedom. The purpose of life is to love because our creator, who we are (in his image, his concepts) wants us to learn and return to love. There is absolute free choice, but life is full of sorrow without love.
>>
File: haha this guy.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
haha this guy.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>16987620
>how can the purpose of life be love if love doesn't actually exist? All you feel is lust, you can't feel love
>>
>>16987352
You will know automatically, its not like sign you notice, its as noticable as getting punched.
>>
>>16987352
To be enlightened is to know yourself thoroughly and to accept yourself thoroughly for who you are. Once you accept and recognize your "world" and understand the eorkings of it, you can then apply that knowledge to the world around you. Balance and harmony between the two worlds is desirable to achieve enlightenment.
>>
File: Pyramid of protection.jpg (25KB, 509x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid of protection.jpg
25KB, 509x480px
You only have one chakra, the heart one.

You used to have 13, but if you have been keeping up with the downloads you should be at one now. Time is speeding up

Also yin/yang harmony, 50/50% masculine feminine in your being. The place you are preparing for does not have gender.

Get to the mountains when the time is right
>>
>>16987352
it feels powerfull since you know that you are enlightened. like universe shared a part of it's untold mystical stories to you.
but you get more and more lonely...
>>
When it no longer feels as if there is a you controlling and rationalizing emotions, thoughts and actions. When you become part of the collective. Those who seek the destruction of the ego are on a fools errand. Observe and be, and all the wisdom will come to see
>>
>>16987696
Complete nonsense babblespeak by someone who has never read a damn thing but has "translated" what they believe to be true.
It's called confabulatory transliteration.
It reminds me of what pop stars do when they become new agey.

None of what you are saying has to do with Neolithic or Bronze age knowledge.
It's all Middle Ages syncretic nonsense.
Do some actual research at an actual library sometime.
>>
>>16987696
what?
>>
File: 1445015563328.jpg (48KB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
1445015563328.jpg
48KB, 300x272px
>>16987728
why read words when acess to dimensions

But keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel superior, something from above called but as yourself and many others pressed hold.

In truth, most of you are just lazy/unstimulated or possessed. Start with your healing
>>
File: EGOS.png (38KB, 790x488px) Image search: [Google]
EGOS.png
38KB, 790x488px
>>16987750
Solipsistic narcissism detected.
Ignorance level? 10.
>>
File: 1435375901260.jpg (288KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1435375901260.jpg
288KB, 2048x1365px
>>16987765
Still using terran made up 3D terms to describe my post.

I dont think you have realised how this works
>>
>>16987784
Yes I do.
You make shit up in your mind, and believe it's true.
It's called Solipsism.
You're a roleplayer.
It's a sign of either:
1.) Extreme immaturity
2.) Extreme narcissism
3.) Extreme ignorance
4.) Serious Skitzophrenia
And that's not an argument from ignorance,
it's an argument from empiricism research.
The first rule of belief:
"There is no reason to believe unless you have a reason to believe; if there is a reason to doubt then there is a reason to doubt."
If you're not willing to be critical of your own ego, then you're ignorant.
>>
>>16987633
I am in 5
I really hope 6 don't kill me.
>>
>>16987352
It all depends on how many rocks you buy from Wiccan/Mother Earthy/Spiritual stores.

The more rocks you have the more intelligent you are. It's like pokemon cards for enlightenment.
>>
File: Spirit+Guides.jpg (147KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit+Guides.jpg
147KB, 640x478px
>>16987791
"There is no reason to believe unless you have a reason to believe" And I have many reasons to believe, many experiences and many hours of dedication to justify my chosen beliefs. Which of all is unknown to you

"If you're not willing to be critical of your own ego, then you're ignorant." So if you are a serious person with a serious task, you dont think one is extremely critical by default cause that is half the work in the task an adept level?

Try to become a butterfly instead of remaining a maggot friend, also the roleplaying/skitzo/imma/igno is getting so old.

Shill as hard as you want.
>>
>>16987878
Google
>inductive fallacy
>argument from inductive
>cartesian doubt
>solipsism
Your ignorance is showing
>>
>>16987696
Mountains? I am the base from which mountains grow.
>>
>>16987352
>if you encounter the buddha on your way to enlightenment, kill him
>>
>>16987352
>How does one tell if they are enlightened/wise?
they stop asking this question
>>
File: 1441139495971.gif (1024KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1441139495971.gif
1024KB, 500x278px
>>16987352
It's not ever gonna be like a light switch turning on.

It's gonna be a gradual change. If you pay attention you will notice yourself approaching things differently, you disposition, etc. You might find yourself staying angry for shorter periods of time and be more quick to forgiving.
You won't ever be like, "holy shit I'm enlightened!" That thought will never reach your head because it shouldn't concern you.

Just do your own thing, try to be kind and considerate. meditate, introspect, do your preferred energy work, eat balanced diet, exercise, and follow your passions/interests.
>>
If you have to ask, you're not
>>
>>16987384
Women are said to be above kings.
>>16987578
The thing is, smart people get to the point where they realize that manipulation is just what normal conversation is, seeing from a higher perspective. And you never really know the rankings above your intelligence.
>>16987606
You hold those boards in high regard, friend.
>>16987616
He knows. Also, your enlightenment is never exactly the same as someone else's.
>>16987620
The love we feel is like an empathy laser being shot back and forth between two mirrors a bunch of times. Pure unconditional love takes time, but once you keep the switch on, it's everywhere.
>>16987621
It's all the ego, but it's to get the sense of the no-ego. Soon enough, you'll just bloop out of here for a minute, then for longer. You become a sponge that invests his mind, but never have to think about what to say anymore.
>>16987633
This is like spiritual attainment for dummies. I meant that as a compliment, because it's easy to learn since you did all the work to simplify it. An instruction manual is followed and not questioned, the people who wrote it have experience, learn from this idea.
>>
>>16990455
Yes. It feels peacefil and wantless and without impotence.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.